Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: TVB 39TH ANNIVERSARY

well i think comparing niki chow and bernice why hasn;t anyone though of leila she has improved way more when compared with the other two u know

Quote Originally Posted by ice_brakerz
    well i think comparing niki chow and bernice why hasn;t anyone though of leila she has improved way more when compared with the other two u know
    Did Leila really improve that much? I mean, she was good in Aqua Heroes, The Last Breakthrough and Ten Brothers. Are u saying she has improved just because her acting is good. That is not improving.

Like Sammul and Bosco. Bosco is a better actor than Sammul, but I see more improvement in Sammul's acting compared to Bosco. Actually, imho, the one who deserves the Most Improved Male Actor award is Kevin Cheng for his role in Yummy Yummy.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Clever TVB. Now TVB can give the awards to whoever they want. Viewers can't even complain unfairness because TVB will just say these actors' performances are judges by its (TVB) panel of professional judges.
    Yeah.. but it still must be within reasonable standard of judgment (except for Best Newcomer of course). I think this new system is better because it makes the awards (and the award winners) more creditable.
    The Best Producer and Best Screenplay Awards are good ideas imo as it will place more focus on the actual script (story) and production (direction) of future series. Hopefully this will slow the recent trend of tvb churning out series after series with poor quality plots and meaningless stories
    I felt before I thought.

-- Jean Jacques Rousseau

Really want Kenneth to win this year but Bosco has the highest chance. I think Kevin should've won last year cause his acting was the best out of everyone but they gave the award to Ron istead. Kevin should've really gotten it. Funny how the age of the people who receive the Male improvement award now called Male newcomer award gets younger every year like it started with Moses who is around his 30s then Raymond and than Ron and now Bosco.

Quote Originally Posted by hiiragi
    Yeah.. but it still must be within reasonable standard of judgment (except for Best Newcomer of course). I think this new system is better because it makes the awards (and the award winners) more creditable.
    Well, I'll have to see how credible this year's winners are before deciding whether this awards will be more credible or not. Seriously, after last year's results, I've totally lost faith in the credibility of TVB award.

You just have to read all those predictions in the New TVB Series forum to see how little credibility TVB award now has. The top factors people give for their predictions are who TVB want promote, who TVB want to recruit, who hasn't gotten an award yet, whose turn it is to get an award. Acting skills? yeah some also mention it, but at the bottom of the list.

My Predictions:

Top 5 Actors
    - Roger Kwok
    - Joe Ma
    - Bowie Lam
    - Moses Chan
    - Michael Tao

Who I want:
    -Roger Kwok
    -Sunny Chan
    -Michael Miu ____ (sorry I forgot how to spell his name)
    - Chilam
    - Nick Cheung
    - Wayne Lai

Top 5 Actresses
    -Liza Wang
    - Kenix Kwok
    - Mellissa Ng
    - Jessica Hsuan
    - Gigi Lai

Who I want
    - Liza Wang
    - Jessica Hsuan
    - Nhadia Chan
    - Gigi Lai
    - Charmaine Sheh

Best Actor
    No one really, but i'm guessing Roger Kwok. We'll have to wait until LOAW comes out.

Best Actress
    Kenix. Though i'm hoping Liza gets it.

Best Partnership
    1. Liza Wang & Myolie Wu

Who I want to win:
    CHILAM & GIGI!

Best Series
    - Legend of Ah Wong
    - The Charm Beneath
    - War of in Laws

It'll be nice if Shades of Truth won, which I doubt would happen.

Best supporting Actor
    1. Bosco Wong - the obvious choice

Who I want to win
    Kevin Cheng

Best Supporting Actress
    1. Bernice Liu
    2. Ella Koon

Who I want to win:
    Leila Tong
    Last edited by bebe_girl; 10-10-05 at 02:35 PM.

Default my predictions

i am thinking of nominees and they are:-

male - roger, joe ma, bowie, moses and michael tao
    female - liza, kenix,

it really depends if the annivesary series strike it lucky with the audiences hearts.. for the nominees list to be extended..

it is interesting to see the full listing of nominees..when they are released

well, i do hope michael tao gets nominated.
    although his performance wasn't that great in love bond, he more than made up for it in fantasy hotel.. and i sure hope he continues filming for tvb, though i don't recall reading any recent series that he's working on..

THIS IS WHO I WANT TO WIN:

Best Actor: ROGER KWOK

Best Actress: JESSICA HSUAN

Best Newcomer: SAMMUL CHAN

Best Newcomer: LEILA TONG

Best Series: LIFE MADE SIMPLE

Even tho i love bosco, i think sammul has showed much improvment too!...So if Sammul doesnt' get best newcomer i hope he gets

Best Supporting Male: SAMMUL CHAN

Also, many say Bernice is DEFINATELY gonna get it this yr..and i really don't think she deserves it cuz she hasn't improved her acting skills yet...but u know tvb.... So if leila doesn't win I hope she gets

Best Supporting Female: LEILA TONG

Since most of the time, Sammul and Leila has been always playing 2nd leads, and they are very good at it so i think they should get the award for it!

Can Leila and Sammul still be considered as newcomers? They have been with TVB for a couple of years already and Leila has been acting since she was a kid.

If there is still a Most Improved Actor Award, Sammul certainly deserves it. But if it's the Best Supporting Actor Award, there are many other actors that are more deserving like Liu Kai Chi, Stephen Au, John Chiang, Wayne Lai etc

those that arec onsidered new comers are those that has only been actin fora year or two right??? i mean whats the real defianition if thereisn;t a precise defianition this convo can go on forever andnot have a least bit decentcy

Can Leila and Sammul still be considered as newcomers? They have been with TVB for a couple of years already and Leila has been acting since she was a kid.

If there is still a Most Improved Actor Award, Sammul certainly deserves it. But if it's the Best Supporting Actor Award, there are many other actors that are more deserving like Liu Kai Chi, Stephen Au, John Chiang, Wayne Lai etc
    I think if your acting career started within the last 5 years, you are consider a newcommer.

cheung chi gwong (the guy from to catch the uncatchable - see sir) and wayne lai both deserve an award, period!

i havent come across a series for the BEST series this year. mayb revolving doors? but i have yet to watch it. healing hands 3 wont make it i guess, its lousier than hh2.

best couple i hope bowie and melissa ng gets but highly unlikely.

Default voting starts

have read another site..these awards are up for grabs and the nominees are:-

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/TVB_3...alk153445.html

glad to see kenix up for a lot of her series ..i wonder how the best series is going to work...top 5??

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    have read another site..these awards are up for grabs and the nominees are:-

http://asianfanatics.net/forum/TVB_3...alk153445.html

glad to see kenix up for a lot of her series ..i wonder how the best series is going to work...top 5??
    Hey, I went to the link you gave us, and I read that on the official best actor and actress nomination lists that Lost in the Chamber of Love is included.. But isn't LITCOL a series from 2004?
    //fave series:
    eternal happiness, love bond, fate twisters, triumph in the skies, ups and downs in the sea of love
    //fave stars:
    ron ng, raymond lam, moses chan, michelle ye, tavia yeung, ada choi

Default 39th birthday

i dont know really cos i dont really watch ancient series....i only do modern...

Quote Originally Posted by hkgirl129_
    Hey, I went to the link you gave us, and I read that on the official best actor and actress nomination lists that Lost in the Chamber of Love is included.. But isn't LITCOL a series from 2004?
    It depends on when this series was aired in HK, not when it was released overseas.

Here's the Official Site for the 38th Anniversary.

http://tvcity.tvb.com/special/annive...005/index.html

It depends on when this series was aired in HK, not when it was released overseas.
    Oh! Lol I always thought that LITCOL aired in HK before it aired overseas! Wow so what happens if Michelle Ye is nominated even though she's not a part of TVB anymore?
    //fave series:
    eternal happiness, love bond, fate twisters, triumph in the skies, ups and downs in the sea of love
    //fave stars:
    ron ng, raymond lam, moses chan, michelle ye, tavia yeung, ada choi