Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: TVB 39TH ANNIVERSARY

Quote Originally Posted by hkgirl129_
    It'd be good if they created a category for Best Debut Actor/Actress award of actors/actresses who have never acted before and this is their first time. But then I guess they might not have enough people to be nominated. It's usually like the winners of pageants and maybe singing contests.
    If there is one, I think Ella Koon should get it for RDOV. I think she did really well there for a debutant
    I felt before I thought.

-- Jean Jacques Rousseau

lol totally, its like her first time but she did it so well... i didnt watch RDOV yet but i can 'sense' it..haha but just to let u guys no, ekin cheng just cancelled his performance in the show due to work scheduling....work i mean rumours says that he did this cos of gigi, ppl say they broke up alredy buutt... gigi is still in for the performance thats good

source : http://the-sun.orisun.com/channels/ent/20051014/
    Last edited by Jollee; 10-13-05 at 10:07 PM.
    卓羲 *ron* <33 阿峰 *ray* <33 阿怡 *tav* <33

Ekin was with Gigi? Wow, I never knew. Lol I'm so outdated with this stuff. I haven't watched RDOV yet so I have yet to see Ella's performance!
    //fave series:
    eternal happiness, love bond, fate twisters, triumph in the skies, ups and downs in the sea of love
    //fave stars:
    ron ng, raymond lam, moses chan, michelle ye, tavia yeung, ada choi

Ekin was with Gigi? Wow, I never knew. Lol I'm so outdated with this stuff. I haven't watched RDOV yet so I have yet to see Ella's performance!
    Gigi as in Gigi Leung, if it was Gigi Lai u were thinking about. Anyway, it is confirmed that they have broken up after a relationship of 6-years. Btw Maggie Siu was also with Ekin a number of years ago, but it was rumoured that Gigi Leung, acting as the third person, 'took' him away
    Last edited by hiiragi; 10-14-05 at 12:48 AM.
    I felt before I thought.

-- Jean Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by hiiragi
    Gigi as in Gigi Leung, if it was Gigi Lai u were thinking about. Anyway, it is confirmed that they have broken up after a relationship of 6-years. Btw Maggie Siu was also with Ekin a number of years ago, but it was rumoured that Gigi Leung, acting as the third person, 'took' him away
    Ohh, yeah I was thinking of Gigi Lai -__-. But now I can't imagine Maggie Siu with Ekin lol Seems kind of old for him? I don't actually know her age and EKin's age though.
    //fave series:
    eternal happiness, love bond, fate twisters, triumph in the skies, ups and downs in the sea of love
    //fave stars:

Found a Pre-Anni pic of mostly everyone here:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/dollface1314/Misc/Pre-Anni2.jpg')

even though TVB eliminated 12 most liked roles and best chemistry, i saw in the newspaper Meng Pao that they had posted the most well liked ones possibly pushing themselves to the five most liked for nominations on the night of anniversary for best actor and best actress.
    Best actors: Bowie Lam(HH3), Moses Chan (Beneath the Charm, HH3, Love Bond, Gentle Crackdown), Roger Kwok (LMS), Joe Ma (RDOV), Michael Miu (Into Thin Air, The Academy)
    Best actresses: Gigi Lai (HH3 and Beneath the Charm), Liza Wang (WOIL), Melissa Ng (HH3, many more), Jessica Hsuen (just love), Kenix Kwok(RDOV, Love Bond)
    *also added in small letters that two more spots could be Bobby AuYeung, Raymond Lam or Ron Ng for male and Charmaine Sheh or Niki Chow for female seatings.
    (Comment by me: can't believe niki rose so fast; 1st series and already so high up as like fa dans. so popular.)
    (Comment again: i kinda feel now a lot that best actor and best actress are like popularity awards maybe with best supporting too. best improved shows more real acting skills like the past years: Myolie and Tavia with their roles), and *sut lik fei fan* awards, is based on great acting skills too like Sheren last year/
    This year greatest nominations for most improved male is Bosco and most improved female, Bernice. Fei Fan Male is King Sir in My Family and Female is Liza Wang in WoIL.
    Best Series: Family Man, Triumph in the Skies, The Last Breakthrough, Heart of Greed
    Actors: Moses Chan, Raymond Lam, Steven Ma
    Actress: Jessica Hsuan
    Character: Dek Dek Dei

Default anniversary

for i think where i live...i get to see the annivesrary on satelitte the same time as hk viewers plus the singers tribute to TVb as well one

11/5 Taken from orientalsunday.com: ( each couple was asked about their thoughts on the awards)

Moses and Gigi
    Moses :
    male: Roger Kwok, female: Liza Wang
    Gigi:
    male: Moses, female: Liza Wang

Bowie and Melissa
    Bowie :
    male: Roger Kwok, female: Myolie Wu

next time: Liza and Myolie, Ron and Tavia, Raymond and Charmain, Bosco and Shirley
    Best Series: Family Man, Triumph in the Skies, The Last Breakthrough, Heart of Greed
    Actors: Moses Chan, Raymond Lam, Steven Ma
    Actress: Jessica Hsuan
    Character: Dek Dek Dei

Some of the awards aren't really fair in my opinion. I mean, yes the international voting online does count towards the awarsd, but mostly it is the producers / tvb people who have the most say in who wins. And basically, TVB boosts the people they are promoting to win the awards so they can gain even more popularity.
    //fave series:
    //fave stars:

Some of the awards aren't really fair in my opinion. I mean, yes the international voting online does count towards the awarsd, but mostly it is the producers / tvb people who have the most say in who wins. And basically, TVB boosts the people they are promoting to win the awards so they can gain even more popularity.
    omg u are sooo right! i totally agree with u.. i mean like..yeah some people werent even the leads but got listed in the leads column ... ugh.... so many ppl is voting for liza wang.. but i would vote for her too.. i guess .. cos wars of the in-laws is pretty cute and like...yeah
    卓羲 *ron* <33 阿峰 *ray* <33 阿怡 *tav* <33

my personal choice of course for best actor is raymond lam. but i doubt he will get it. i have a feeling for actor michael miu might get it and for actress it will be lisa wang.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Glad to see that many ppl r rooting for Liza. Hope she will win the best actress award this year.
    Idol: Liza Wang Ming Chuen
    fav drama: War of In Laws, A Matter Of Customs, ATE, Blade Heart...
    forum: http://lizawang.go-forum.net

Yeah, Liza definitely got a LOT of attention for her role in War of In-Laws. I havent seen this series yet so I can't really comment on it. But she's kind of in like the older generation now... same with Michael Miu, maybe he should get like best comeback artist or something like that, but he does deserve an award, just I don't know if it should be best actor.
    //fave series:
    //fave stars:

when are the awards going to be awarded??

Quote Originally Posted by ice_brakerz
    when are the awards going to be awarded??
    november 19th.

cool...... how about the names of the finalist has it been out yet?

Yeah, Liza definitely got a LOT of attention for her role in War of In-Laws. I havent seen this series yet so I can't really comment on it. But she's kind of in like the older generation now... same with Michael Miu, maybe he should get like best comeback artist or something like that, but he does deserve an award, just I don't know if it should be best actor.
    "kind of"? The woman is like 60, Michael Miu is still in his forties....

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted
    "kind of"? The woman is like 60, Michael Miu is still in his forties....
    Yeah, erase the 'kind of.'
    //fave series:
    //fave stars:

Default anniversary

ooh is it possible to see the poll votes so far somewhere to see who are for example the top 5 contenders and the results so far..i am dyin to know..

ah well all we hear lately is the female side..lisa vs kenix..
    not that far to go now i guess..cos its screened where i live on 19th