Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: TVB 39TH ANNIVERSARY

yea i know too. now everyone's so caught up in RDOV and a lot have enjoyed woil a lot. about charm's beneath or something like that, i've heard rumours saying gigi's role is good in it//... i hope she doesn't win it. what i think, just like last year, i thought sherman would win or even if not, i had hoped charmaine would win, though...
    Best Series: Family Man, Triumph in the Skies, The Last Breakthrough, Heart of Greed
    Actors: Moses Chan, Raymond Lam, Steven Ma
    Actress: Jessica Hsuan
    Character: Dek Dek Dei

i doubt they'll give it to gigi again. i mean, last year when she won, many many thought it was extremely unfair cuz sharon should have gotten it. she might enter top five this year, but i doubt it'll be gigi. i think she'll have to be super stellar to win back to back, which i highly doubt gigi is capable of....i think gallen won back to back awards before? but he's a superb actor, and i don't think gigi's that level yet. i think the one with the best chance this year is still kenix.
    *[Ron Ng]*

~[Zhang Dong Liang]~[Hins Cheung]~[JJ Lin]~[Cecilia Cheung]~[Kenix Kwok]~[Chen Kun]~[Vicki Zhao]~[Leo Ku]~[Kenneth Ma]~

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao
    the last break through was last year's anniversary series and usually when that happens, they are on the nomination list for the year after ...

so logically - the last break through should be on the list ....
    Yeah that's wht tvb does, like for last year they added Armed Reaction IV to the nomination list but it aired at the end of 2003.
    *Juicy Femme*

Default what's up with the hype on Love Bond and Revolving Doors?!?1

Hey what's with everyone all loving revolving doors and love bond? they were grand productions but both series failed to do well in ratings. we all know that wars of the in laws won in rating... and a fave amongst many

well...i just happen to like RDOV and LB. I liked fate twisters but that wasnt a grand production. i don't like them simply because they are grand productions. RDOV i thought was pretty good with the plot and the actors were all acceptable. LB I really liked because of the chemistry between the actors and it was funny. I've seen episodes of WOIL and I do like it so far.
    I don't think ratings should decide everything. People like different things, it just so happens that many ppl here at spc like RDOV and LB, but that doesnt' mean they have to have superb ratings, and it certainly doesn't mean those ppl don't like WOIL.
    *[Ron Ng]*

~[Zhang Dong Liang]~[Hins Cheung]~[JJ Lin]~[Cecilia Cheung]~[Kenix Kwok]~[Chen Kun]~[Vicki Zhao]~[Leo Ku]~[Kenneth Ma]~

I think the "Most Improve" or "Best Newcommer" category is a joke. The one who wins are the ones that TVB is trying to promote. It carries no significance nor will it be given to the actor/actress that deserves it most. For God sake, they gave it to Ron and Shirley! Those guys suck and they are absolutely the worst actors on earth.

The only category that matters to me is Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Serial.

For Best Actress, I'm almost totally positive that it will go to Kenix. She has never won it before and her biggest competitor to me is Liza Wang and she has gotten that award multiple times I believe.

For Best Actor, I think its between Moses and Joe Ma. Eventhough I'm biased towards Moses and I hate Joe Ma, I think Moses deserves it more, because I thought he was brilliant in Gentle Crackdown, and he also did great in Love Bond.

Best series has to be War of In-laws. Be it ratings or quality, it surpasses all competitors. To me the Gentle Crackdown and Love Bonds were graet also, but their ratings just can't compete. Afterall, popularity will be one of the factors in the voting.

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao
    Hey what's with everyone all loving revolving doors and love bond? they were grand productions but both series failed to do well in ratings. we all know that wars of the in laws won in rating... and a fave amongst many
    First of all, Love Bond wasn't a grand production, more like a heart-warming series filming mostly in HK. Simple production with family-based storyline.Trademark of its producer, Mui Siu Ching. It did well in ratings for TVB. It is in the top 4 series of 2005 so far. Top series of the year - Jewel of the palace (notTVB), War of in laws, The Academy followed by Love Bond. Revolving is a grand production no doubt produced by one of TVB's long time producer Poon Ka Tak. The series did not fail in ratings either. It is also in the top 10 series thus far (i think it is at number 8 right now).

War of in laws did well in ratings. Love Bond and Revolving did well in ratings too.

Yeah i agree, the "best newcomer" award seems so crappy now..cuz its not judged on whoever has improved. But the new category "Best supporting actor/actress" seems more interesting cuz that is judged on if u are actually a good actor or not. Newcomer, is like who they want to promote...theres no use in that award..so don't get all excited or upset if ur fav artist wins or doesn't win cuz it doesn't mean anything in ur acting skills.

Yeah i'm more interested in best actor and actress and supporting actors and actress. and of course best series and partnership!

Everyone is rooting for Kenix, but not ALL series for this year is out yet. The predictions may change u know. If "Life Made Simple" does really well and gets good ratings, Roger and Jessica can easily swipe it away again this yr! Of course, I'll be happy for them!

Quote Originally Posted by purple_streak16
    Yeah i agree, the "best newcomer" award seems so crappy now..cuz its not judged on whoever has improved. But the new category "Best supporting actor/actress" seems more interesting cuz that is judged on if u are actually a good actor or not. Newcomer, is like who they want to promote...theres no use in that award..so don't get all excited or upset if ur fav artist wins or doesn't win cuz it doesn't mean anything in ur acting skills.

Yeah i'm more interested in best actor and actress and supporting actors and actress. and of course best series and partnership!

Everyone is rooting for Kenix, but not ALL series for this year is out yet. The predictions may change u know. If "Life Made Simple" does really well and gets good ratings, Roger and Jessica can easily swipe it away again this yr! Of course, I'll be happy for them!
    Yes, I agree. My predictions are only up to this point. It can change later.

I'm interested in the Best Supporting actor/actress category also, but I'm not sure what qualifies as a supporting role. Does Bernice in Love bond count? or Samual in The Academy, Michael Miu in The Academy, Liza Wang in War-of in Laws? Not sure if some are considered Lead or Supporting roles.

Default actress

having read another forum..they say that for this year...kenix and liza are up for best actress..

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted
    Yes, I agree. My predictions are only up to this point. It can change later.

I'm interested in the Best Supporting actor/actress category also, but I'm not sure what qualifies as a supporting role. Does Bernice in Love bond count? or Samual in The Academy, Michael Miu in The Academy, Liza Wang in War-of in Laws? Not sure if some are considered Lead or Supporting roles.
    I think Liza has lead role in WOIL, not supporting. Melissa's character in HH3, must be supporting one.
    Idol: Liza Wang Ming Chuen
    fav drama: War of In Laws, A Matter Of Customs, ATE, Blade Heart...
    forum: http://lizawang.go-forum.net

so is it true that they're adding on best supporting role in despite of eliminating another one? if true, what is it?
    Best Series: Family Man, Triumph in the Skies, The Last Breakthrough, Heart of Greed
    Actors: Moses Chan, Raymond Lam, Steven Ma
    Actress: Jessica Hsuan
    Character: Dek Dek Dei

Supporting Actress and Actor are like the second leads of series.

For example,

Shirley Yeung in My Family
    Leila Tong in The Last Breakthrough
    Tavia Yeung in Yummy Yummy

Sammul Chan in The Academy
    Kenneth Ma in Scavenger's Paradise
    Chris Lai in Ten Brothers

etc...

i dont really get it: whats the difference between main and supporting role?? i thought the main roles of lets say for example The academy are ron, samuel, fiona and michael??

well sometimes it's hard to define the difference

for instance. in RDOV..i personally think it's hard to say who's the lead, joe or ron...(altho i would probably say joe? eh..it's a really hard decision)

but then there are more obvious ones

again, in RDOV, chloe and ella are considered supporting roles, chloe's dad is a supporting role...

in the academy..again, it's hard to say whether it's ron or michael..but sammul, fiona, and tavia are supporting roles

take an earlier example, golden faith...gallen was definitely the lead, whereas deric and raymond were supporting roles..the supporting ones do not have as much importance as the lead

but in some series it's hard to say..like HH..is the lead bowie or lawrence?

in into thin air..the leads are michael and mellissa, whereas the next set of important actors are kenneth and b2...so they are supporting roles..
    *[Ron Ng]*

ah i c i think i got it a little bit but couldnt there be more than one leading actor?? Like as you mentioned HH, couldnt it be both bowie and lawrence??

does anyone know where to vote for these awards online? 'cause I know that tvb has a web site for ppl to vote every year, but i don't know when it's gonna happen and what the web address is.

I think each series has 1 main(1 male and 1 female), and the rest or supporting roles and minor roles(kelefe).

War-of in Laws, I don't think Liza would be consider leading female because Sek Sau would not qualify as leading male. It would have to be Myolie and Bosco right? Liza and Sek Sau are supports? Or is it Liza and Myolie are main?

I think the same situation arises in The Academy. You can make the arguement that Ron is the lead male but Tavia doesn't seem to play a big enough role to qualify as a lead female. So Michael and Ron?

I think in Love Bond, its clear that Michael Tao and Kenix are main and Bernice and Moses are supports. Same for RDOV, Kenix and Joe are main, and Ron and Ella are supports.

What other series are in the running?

TLB: Nick Cheung and Sonija are main, and Leila and Raymond are supports.

Shade of Truth: Julian and Gigi are main, and Wong Hei and Tavia are supports.

i think in RDOV...i woudln't say joe and kenix are main..because the main story isn't about their love, but more about the competition..so i would say joe and ron

in academy, i would say michael and ron

in WOIL...i would say myolie and liza..but i've only seen 5 episodes so far

i think we need to specify between male and female leads. because in RDOV, kenix is clearly the female lead, but if we just choose two lead actors, i don't think she's one of them

sometimes, the drama isn't about the male-female relationship, so there could be two leads of the same gender but that's just what i think
    *[Ron Ng]*

Quote Originally Posted by alecforever815
    well sometimes it's hard to define the difference

for instance. in RDOV..i personally think it's hard to say who's the lead, joe or ron...(altho i would probably say joe? eh..it's a really hard decision)

but then there are more obvious ones

again, in RDOV, chloe and ella are considered supporting roles, chloe's dad is a supporting role...

in the academy..again, it's hard to say whether it's ron or michael..but sammul, fiona, and tavia are supporting roles

take an earlier example, golden faith...gallen was definitely the lead, whereas deric and raymond were supporting roles..the supporting ones do not have as much importance as the lead

but in some series it's hard to say..like HH..is the lead bowie or lawrence?

in into thin air..the leads are michael and mellissa, whereas the next set of important actors are kenneth and b2...so they are supporting roles..
    I guess there can be TWO (or maybe more) lead actors/actress. In RDOV for example, I guess both Joe Ma and Ron Ng would be considered to be lead actors, with John Chiang as supporting role. In The Academy, both Ron and Michael Miu would be lead, supported by Sammuel. Similarly, in the movie Infernal Affairs, both Tony Leung and Andy Lau are considered lead actors (even though Tony Leung got the award)
    I felt before I thought.

-- Jean Jacques Rousseau