Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you think TVB should do remakes of Jin Yong's stories?

NBA is exactly what I had in mind . Carmen Lee is gorgeous and there is quite a few women in the 90s I love quite a bit as well such as Leung Siu Bing, Kathy Chow, and Athena Chu. (just realized I forgot Yammie Lam from the 80s) She was ridiculous pretty. This is from a pure physical standpoint. I don't think they are particularly more talented than the new TVB actresses or anything.

I think its harder to find someone that can look like little dragon girl and to act her parts. Idy, Carmen Lee, and Liu Yi Fei were all good choices. Michelle Chen not so much for me. The actresses in TVB just don't look very good in ancient costumes, and they have tried, I've seen all their stuff. They have steered their dramas away from the wuxia genre and for good reason IMO. Just let mainland deal with that. They have a way bigger budget and talent pool for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Flying Fox was really well done, though - Ray Looi was a seasoned actor, the two plots were merged together fairly well, and the other leads - Patrick Tse, Kenneth Chang, Rebecca Chan, Chau Sau Lan, Mitra King and Margie Chang (for whatever little time she had) were all top-class performers in their prime, and the whole thing just oozed quality. I'd say that after the excellent Duke of Mount Deer, Flying Fox would be the one which has aged really well and which remains extremely watchable by today's standards. The others suffer from weak CGI and combat choreography, but Flying Fox's fighting is less flashy, and in DOMD, of course, fighting is kept to a minimum anyway.
    This I agree. Watched it again last year from start to finish and overall it was good. Certain parts were a touch boring (inevitable in all dramas), but generally still very watchable. The acting was very solid and it was a pleasure seeing all the names you mentioned. I thought Ray handled his dual roles very well - loved his few scenes with Jamie Chik, and shipped him with Mirta for the bulk of the drama. Theme song was lovely as well.
    玉木宏

blog