Thread: ATV or TVB

Thanks for the links, creidesca.

Is ATV making Jin Yong adaptations?

Originally posted by Omniflame
    Thanks for the links, creidesca.

Is ATV making Jin Yong adaptations?
    nope, but they're buying the rights to air the chinese mainland adaptations
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

i used to like ATV series but they've definately been going downhill
    十年生死两茫茫,不思量,自难忘
    千里孤坟,无处话凄凉。
    纵使相逢应不识,尘满面,鬓如霜遍,
    夜来幽梦忽还乡。
    小轩窗,正梳妆,相对无言,惟有泪千行!
    料想年年肠断处,明月夜,短松岗。

TVB isn't that good anymore. Plus, ATV gots better fight scenes.

The only thing i don't like about recent ATV series is that there's too much crying. The crying gets boring after a while. How come TVB aren't releasing any ancient series anymmore? Maybe.... the dubbing is taking a long time but yea.... i agree also that TVB is not as good as before also.
    Jimmy Lin~~~Zhen Yu~~~Sammul Chan
    I LOVE JIMMY, Zhen Yu, and Sammul! I love three guys...oooo.. that's too much huh? ~feeling guilty~
    Currenltly watching : 1)7 warriors (hmmm...no comments) 2) New reincarnation (okay I guess) 3) Dragon girl ( oooo my new love :ZHEN YU) 4) South Shaolin ( finally.. come real fighting)

ATV definately has better and more original stories- the fight scenes are better choreographed too
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://members.aol.com/xsol4realx/private/ltv.jpg'), '')

i agree.
    The stories are great but they need better artists or something..

i'm not sure where the problem is..

I always thought ATV series are good just the timing of their release are bad... they usually think they can overtake TVB with rating etc.

I think they should just focus on their own stuff be unique their own instead of release good series compare to popular TVB series.

I also don't mind their actress and actor. Some of them cross over to TVB or the other way around.

I think ATV should just focus on putting out good series instead of comparing ratings.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

I quite enjoy watching ATV dramas and think that there are a lot of them that are exceptionally good!!! Lately I've re-watched some ATV productions and rented some older ones and they have not dissapointed me at all!!! ATV also has very good stars in their productions!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That抯 why we call it,
    The Present.

I agree with goddessofhonour! I think ATV has a lot of good shows. TVB is really going downhill these days. I am rewatching the Heroic Legend of the Yang Family and the great general. Those are 2 of the best series I have ever seen. The cast is great too.... ATV has a lot of talented stars too.... TVB stars these days are pretty bad....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

I find that ATV series has a more realistic feel and surrounding in them then in TVB series. Their storylines are somewhat more "unique" and "different" lets put it. Another thing I seem to see a lot in ATV serials is that they focus a lot on family. There is always some promotion of the family

So agree with Trinie!! TVB hasn't been producing many intersting series anymore and a lot of their castings stink. Espically how they are putting in artists that don't have the ability to pull off the role at all

All the stars in ATV have been around for awhile and they are very talented artists!!! Even the new faces that I've been seeing have good skills too. They all pull off their characters very nicely!!!

I have to say I liked about every ATV serie that I've seen. Some favorites would be MDWAV 1 & 2, Year of Charmeleon, Coincidentally, Interpol, A Lawyer Can Be Good, Light of Million Hopes, and etc.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That抯 why we call it,
    The Present.

Eh, recent ATV series I watched seem so incredibly dramatic, it's a bit surreal.

Originally posted by Omniflame
    Eh, recent ATV series I watched seem so incredibly dramatic, it's a bit surreal.
    Which one you been watching?
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Hi,
    I like to watch chinese series very much and after reading the messages posted here, I can say that, before, I would have agreed with u that TVB series are far better to watch than ATV when considering the roles, sounds and quality of the series. However, now after watching some ATV series such as "Love in a Miracle", "Mama, I love You", "Heroine of the Yangs" and so on. I've realised that concerning the casting, ATV is not quite bad. At least, there are some realities in them but I've not mentioned that all ATV series are good, it's all depends also on who are playing in the series. The hongkong actors/ actresses are progressing. I only dislike when there are chinese and taiwanese/singaporian actors played in these series also coz their voices are too dragging and false!!!! ;-)

The only problem is that the episode duration is a bit too short so this sometimes is very annoying as when the series are interesting, we are in a hurry to know what will happen next.

In Love in a Miracle, Amy Chan plays her role very well, I like to watch her series very much. I hope to see her more often in other series soon. She matched well with Steven Ma

Banned

Some ATV series are good such as The Snow is Red, The Swordsman and My Date with a Vampire 1 and 2.

Recent ATV series are boring though, I hope they do more of Ancient Series, they tend to do lots of Modern Series this day.

TVB has way better custome series, right now TVB are right back on track after seeing Twin of Brothers, Blade Heart and To Get Unstuck in Time. TVB is more emotional and better custome though and not mention FIGHTING SCENCES with TVB are BEST.

I dunno.....Both seems good.....But if I haf to choose I rather choose ATV(even tho i watch TVB production more often) I like Emotional stuff....ya...

Quote Originally Posted by bobo
    ATV is alrite.
    My Date With A Vampire is one of the best series ever made.
    I agree with you. I think that for ATV to be able to hold audiences' attention for a serie that goes on into part 3 that is great (MDWAV 1,2 and 3). Acting and storyline is good too.
    Last edited by caranglc; 01-24-05 at 03:03 AM.

Default The Tape Quality Is Depend On When You Rent Your Movie From???

The Place That I Got My Tape From Was Good. The Tape Is Brand New. They Even Have DVD There Too.

ATV Is Way Better Trust ME!!!!!

Default guy who make this forum u kno nuting

wat yacko said was right cause the tape i got from my movie rental place was crappy even for TVB movie which the sound was horrible some time u can hear sound from the previous recorded movie!

Default aznmask is a moron

wat language did u watch ur ATV series on chinese or vietnamese ????

because there is a different between the sound and everything.