+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 145

Thread: ATV or TVB

  1. #81
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3

    Default ATV or TVB

    Has n e 1 heard of a tv series called

    "the commandments" starring Deric Wan,

    a series called "the man the ghost and the fox" starring Hugo Ng and Lily Chung,

    a series called "Ji Gong" starring Moon Lee,

    a cameo of Mr. Vampire about vampires being summoned out of an umbrella,

    a series about a guy who has a sword and a shield like morphers around his risk and when he clcks them together they turn into a bigger shield and a bigger sword,

    and last but definitely not least a series about i think it was about 8 or nine brothers each one having a special ability for example one was very strong another who can strecth out his arms and legs and one who can hear from a mile away another who can cry a river with tears.

    Any information regarding these ancient but precious tv series would be helpful and please if you have the theme song please send them or even have the vhs's I'll be willing to buy them off you. No matter the cost. Thanks Guys.

  2. #82
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6

    Default

    ur thread title very misleading..i have the one with the 8-9 brothers.. but its a 2 pieces vcd movie..one half of them got taken by the governer and treated like dogs.. right? if u need tell me

  3. #83
    Senior Member kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,077

    Default

    "the commandments" starring Deric Wan - TVB series.

    a series called "the man the ghost and the fox" starring Hugo Ng and Lily Chung - TVB series.

    and last but definitely not least a series about i think it was about 8 or nine brothers each one having a special ability for example one was very strong another who can strecth out his arms and legs and one who can hear from a mile away another who can cry a river with tears. - This story has many versions. Got black and white version, ATV version, movie version and most recently TVB version.

    Any information regarding these ancient but precious tv series would be helpful and please if you have the theme song please send them or even have the vhs's I'll be willing to buy them off you. No matter the cost. Thanks Guys.
    I don't know about the other series, but u can by the ATV version of Ten Brothers here. As for the TVB version, maybe the boxset will come out later. It's still a very new series.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  4. #84
    Senior Member Dagger Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    1,994

    Default

    The theme song and sub song for "The Commandments" can be found at:http://tvbmusic.tripod.com/songs/command.html

  5. #85
    Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    "and last but definitely not least a series about i think it was about 8 or nine brothers each one having a special ability for example one was very strong another who can strecth out his arms and legs and one who can hear from a mile away another who can cry a river with tears. - This story has many versions. Got black and white version, ATV version, movie version and most recently TVB version.
    TVB Version of 10 brothers is so stupid .....Kenix Kwok look like a 30 yr old but the charc she playing a 18 or 20 years it's doesnn't work IMO

  6. #86
    Senior Member mini_mouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    cookie jar ^-^
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    i think dat TVBs better cuz i just dont like da ppl in ATV series

  7. #87
    Senior Member MysticDust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    927

    Default

    The only series I know about is the 10 brothers. Like many have stated before, there is at least three versions.

    ATV: I watched this over ten years ago, so I can't remember much about it. I think it began w/ a short cartoon about the zodiac, but maybe I am wrong.

    TVB: watched it recently. b4 watching it, I was a bit disturbed, b/c of the hair and look of the 10 brothers; however, I did find it interesting after awhile, and I kinda got use to the stupid-looking hair-dos and kinda ignore it. Some of the side stories were endearing, like the love story between the 1st brother and Leila Tong's character. The main disappointment was knowing the origins of the brothers, the lame special effects in the end w/ that lame almighty guy, and Frankie Lam's character. I am a fan of Frankie, but the fact that he does absolutely nothing in this story was annoying. Sure he was a good guy w/ good intentions and a steady set of morals, but that is all that's got going for the character. I am annoyed w/ TVB for type-casting him like that. He is a great actor that needs room to shine and TVB is just not allowing him roles that would let him display his talent. And Kenix does look too old to portray a 20 year-old.

    Movie: the movie (made in 1995?) was funny if you enjoy outrageous, impossible comedies, that is. It was a story about a poor couple who lived on a farm. Can't recall how it came to be, but the land was god-touched. The fruits they grow were gigantic. Anywayz, I believe beans might be involved in the birth of the brothers, but can't remember. But I thought it was amusing, if a bit disturbing, that the mother birth 5 bros, and the father birth the other 5.
    How come most 江湖 (jiāngh) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dxi) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

  8. #88
    Senior Member mini_mouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    cookie jar ^-^
    Posts
    2,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust
    The only series I know about is the 10 brothers. Like many have stated before, there is at least three versions.

    ATV: I watched this over ten years ago, so I can't remember much about it. I think it began w/ a short cartoon about the zodiac, but maybe I am wrong.

    TVB: watched it recently. b4 watching it, I was a bit disturbed, b/c of the hair and look of the 10 brothers; however, I did find it interesting after awhile, and I kinda got use to the stupid-looking hair-dos and kinda ignore it. Some of the side stories were endearing, like the love story between the 1st brother and Leila Tong's character. The main disappointment was knowing the origins of the brothers, the lame special effects in the end w/ that lame almighty guy, and Frankie Lam's character. I am a fan of Frankie, but the fact that he does absolutely nothing in this story was annoying. Sure he was a good guy w/ good intentions and a steady set of morals, but that is all that's got going for the character. I am annoyed w/ TVB for type-casting him like that. He is a great actor that needs room to shine and TVB is just not allowing him roles that would let him display his talent. And Kenix does look too old to portray a 20 year-old.

    Movie: the movie (made in 1995?) was funny if you enjoy outrageous, impossible comedies, that is. It was a story about a poor couple who lived on a farm. Can't recall how it came to be, but the land was god-touched. The fruits they grow were gigantic. Anywayz, I believe beans might be involved in the birth of the brothers, but can't remember. But I thought it was amusing, if a bit disturbing, that the mother birth 5 bros, and the father birth the other 5.
    not realli
    i watched it onli cuz of da hair

  9. #89
    Senior Member Crazy8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    [8888888]
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walson
    a cameo of Mr. Vampire about vampires being summoned out of an umbrella,
    .
    i think Time Before Time is what u are might be talking about.
    its a tvb production, take a look in the reviews section should be under 1997 reviews.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

  10. #90
    Senior Member MysticDust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8
    i think Time Before Time is what u are might be talking about.
    its a tvb production, take a look in the reviews section should be under 1997 reviews.
    time b4 time stars gordon lam and kathy chow, but it is about ghosts not vampires. The show starts with the past (early or mid 1900's) when gordon and kathy was married. I think gordon comes from a rich family whereas kathy is poor. When he married her, he was disowned or something cuz they seemed poor to me. Anywayz, one stormy night, gordon and Kathy was poisoned by a family member or friend (some1 close at least) of gordon's. Kathy's spirit was struck by lightening and sealed in an umbrella, while gordon reincarnated. 20 years later, Kathy is released and is trying to find the spirit of her husband. at first she thought it was a person who looked just like him, but b/c of different personalities, she decided that must not be so. Anywayz, the story goes on, blah, blah blah (I watched it a long time ago and only remember bits and pieces, probably some of the stuff I said was semi-false. Anywayz, the thing I recall most is the ending, but I don't wanna ruin it.)
    How come most 江湖 (jiāngh) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dxi) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

  11. #91
    Senior Member kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom
    TVB Version of 10 brothers is so stupid .....Kenix Kwok look like a 30 yr old but the charc she playing a 18 or 20 years it's doesnn't work IMO
    10 brothers is one of my favourite series last year. I totally enjoy it. Yes, Kenix looks too old earlier on, but after she became a mother, it's ok.
    I find the story interesting and enjoyable and the characterisation good. The brothers not only differ in power and hairstyle, but each have their own personality. I like the fact that the writers bother to do this for every brother.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  12. #92
    Senior Member kidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Somewhere Out There
    Posts
    13,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust
    The main disappointment was knowing the origins of the brothers, the lame special effects in the end w/ that lame almighty guy, and Frankie Lam's character. I am a fan of Frankie, but the fact that he does absolutely nothing in this story was annoying. Sure he was a good guy w/ good intentions and a steady set of morals, but that is all that's got going for the character. I am annoyed w/ TVB for type-casting him like that. He is a great actor that needs room to shine and TVB is just not allowing him roles that would let him display his talent.
    I love Frankie's character. He's the one that keeps the family together and he has so much intergrity. I disagree that he does nothing in the series. There's his romance plot. And he is the first to care for the children, supported and help Kenix's character throughout, supported the children, refuse to give the children up even under torture, helps Ellesmere's character. He is also the one who started the chain of events that resulted in the birth of the 10 brothers.

    He doesn't have special power and doesn't involved in fights doesn't mean he did nothing. If he does nothing, then neither does Kenix.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

    和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

  13. #93
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    32

    Default

    goodness..seriously..whatever happened to TVB and ATV?? did they get the hint that people didn't like GOOD MOVIES FOR ONCE..so they started making stupid idiotic pointless movies for good?? dang..they all suck..that's why korean dramas ROCK!! hehe

  14. #94
    Senior Member ice_brakerz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    goodness..seriously..whatever happened to TVB and ATV?? did they get the hint that people didn't like GOOD MOVIES FOR ONCE..so they started making stupid idiotic pointless movies for good?? dang..they all suck..that's why korean dramas ROCK!! hehe
    there Are still alotof good TVB series dudes
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

  15. #95
    Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

    Default

    I don't h8 ATV cos there 2 ATV series that I love - MDWAV1-3 and Venture Against Time

  16. #96
    Senior Member lilviet_grl8o8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Posts
    562

    Default

    didn`t actually read the WHOLE thing;
    maybe its just the DVD you got.
    I watched some of the ATV`s movies;
    they were good.
    well i like HK movies better.
    Currently....
    Tian Xia Di Yi | Thien Ha De Nhat Kiem
    Wallace Huo is a hotttie!

  17. #97
    Senior Member ice_cream's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    a little island on Earth!!
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    I have merged this thread with "Anyone hate ATV..." because that thread has turned to a comparaison of ATV and TVB series....

    Just to remind everyone that illegal filesharing is not allowed in this forum, and please don't attack members....

    Thanks
    A thousand times I have failed,
    Still your mercy remains
    Should I stumble again
    For I'm caught in your grace.

  18. #98
    Senior Member MysticDust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    I love Frankie's character. He's the one that keeps the family together and he has so much intergrity. I disagree that he does nothing in the series. There's his romance plot. And he is the first to care for the children, supported and help Kenix's character throughout, supported the children, refuse to give the children up even under torture, helps Ellesmere's character. He is also the one who started the chain of events that resulted in the birth of the 10 brothers.

    He doesn't have special power and doesn't involved in fights doesn't mean he did nothing. If he does nothing, then neither does Kenix.
    well, i guess you got me there. i did enjoy the brave torture scenes. it's just that there are some parts about his character that annoyed me. I think there was one part where someone got injured or something and he went away saying he would get a doctor and then later he came back w/ no doctor. i was like, weird. and I guess i was mad that he was kinda a pushover in the relationship area. but of course, i could understand b/c afterall kenix's character was a rich girl and he was a poor guy. he doesn't feel he deserves her and wants her to be happy. now I'm starting to like the character, lol. anywayz, i guess i just like to see frankie as the evil guy more, cuz i feel he put more feelings into the character when he plays evil roles (ex: revelation of the last hero; also, in coincequentially (spellng?), his acting was better when he was being mean to annie man's character).
    How come most 江湖 (jiāngh) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dxi) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

  19. #99
    Senior Member MysticDust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilviet_grl8o8
    didn`t actually read the WHOLE thing;
    maybe its just the DVD you got.
    I watched some of the ATV`s movies;
    they were good.
    well i like HK movies better.
    when you say movies, do you mean dramas and series, or just movies as in films. cuz atv is a hong kong based station.
    How come most 江湖 (jiāngh) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dxi) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

  20. #100
    Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelicious801
    goodness..seriously..whatever happened to TVB and ATV?? did they get the hint that people didn't like GOOD MOVIES FOR ONCE..so they started making stupid idiotic pointless movies for good?? dang..they all suck..that's why korean dramas ROCK!! hehe
    TVB and ATV series don't sux..... they rival.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-17-09, 12:11 AM
  2. ATV or TVB?
    By Gernice in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-15-06, 04:46 PM
  3. TVB and ATV series under Taiwan?
    By Dagger Lee in forum On Reviews
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-24-04, 01:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts