Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ATV or TVB

tropical country Singapore :D banana country

TVB and ATV both have their own style of making movies but i prefer mainland's serials....look at my signature...
    lollipops&raindrops (:

'love me for me' ;D
    'you make me smile'
    'i love you, you idiot' o.0
    FEEL THE LOVE <3

yep thats quite true
    "You don't marry someone you can live with - you marry the person who you cannot live without."
    All-Time Best Series- My Date With a Vampire 2
    All-Time Best Actress- Joey Meng

Quote Originally Posted by Aznmask
    WHy i hate ATV?

*their quality of their tape. so bad
    *their sound so damn loud i can't hear a sh*t what they said. ( like this serie "My Date With A Vampire")
    * too long in each serie.
    *all their conversation in the serie is stupid, so outdate, and really annoying..
    I hate ATV toooooooooooo
    i can always make you smile!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dragonite3579
    TVB and ATV both have their own style of making movies but i prefer mainland's serials....look at my signature...

Yeaaah, mainland series all the way!

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

TVB have better orignal shows.

ATV have better dub shows e.g k-drama, china seres, taiwanese series in Cantonese language.

well, I think that some of the ATV series are pretty good. For example:

Modern Series:
    - Bus No. 8 : it has comedy, suspense, and story line overall isn't bad.
    - A Dream Named Desire: seems like a regular pageant beauty serie, but there's more to it.
    - The Gambling Family? - funny, I like how they pull off the spouse swapping.
    - The Pride of Chaozhou/ I'm from Guangdong - I think these are good
    - Showbiz Typhoon - not bad, just a bit long, same goes for Light of Million Hopes
    - Love in a Miracle - this serie shows you the true meaning of "love is blind"

- heroine of the yangs and ten tigers of guangdong - are just as good as TVB's ancient series.

My opinion: maybe some of ATV series are long and they may be slow and draggy in the beginning, but overall, I don't think that they are too bad. The ones I posted above are exceptional (some may even be better than TVB modern series). However, I think it's just depends on the person's taste or interests in the serie

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust
    anywayz, i guess i just like to see frankie as the evil guy more, cuz i feel he put more feelings into the character when he plays evil roles (ex: revelation of the last hero; also, in coincequentially (spellng?), his acting was better when he was being mean to annie man's character).
    The series is called 'Coincidentally'. I hate his character when he was being mean to Annie's character. I actually wanted to slap him when even after death, he was still mean to her, using his riches to make her submit to him and be his servant.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by qtee123
    - A Dream Named Desire: seems like a regular pageant beauty serie, but there's more to it.
    A Dream Named Desire? I thought the English tittle name was called "Legend"

Quote Originally Posted by Gundam-Freedom
    A Dream Named Desire? I thought the English tittle name was called "Legend"
    The full title is 'Legend: A Dream Named Desire'.

tvb of course is better than atv
    the quality of the videos like the colors are big difference
    besides atv dont seem to allow the actors and actresses to use their own voices so when they are translated out by another person.. the lips dont match the words that are coming out of their mouths

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by liloocindiee
    besides atv dont seem to allow the actors and actresses to use their own voices so when they are translated out by another person.. the lips dont match the words that are coming out of their mouths
    Basiclly u dont lyke dub series.....in dat case it's not a real ATV series. It's just broadcast on dat channel!!!

Quote Originally Posted by liloocindiee
    tvb of course is better than atv
    the quality of the videos like the colors are big difference
    Please get your facts right. Those whose dialogues are dubbed are actors who cannot speak cantonese or who are not fluent in the dialect. Actors who are fluent in cantonese will use their own voice. The reason the words don't match the mouths is because those actors are speaking mandarin/japanese. ATV do a lot of collaboration with Taiwan and China actors and even employ one or 2 Japanese in some of their bigger productions. That's why quite a number of their series has dubbed voices.
    Last edited by kidd; 07-23-06 at 12:37 PM.

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Default ATV is Old fashion/Ancient

Dunno is it just me but I find ATV series sumtime look a bit old fashion/ancient compare to TVB, I guess it ok if the set in ancient time but I think it stupid for a mordern type series. y does ATV does dat?

My pure guess is that TVB pays much higher salary for crew members on set designs and scripts, and probably drama directors as well. Not only is their salary is higher, they also tend to get to work more often, which means a more stable salary. For example, if you are a young talented crew person, would you want to work for ATV?

Reasons why a crew member might not want to work at ATV:
    1) Lower salary (probably, my guess only)
    2) No long term stability (ATV does not produce that many drama series. A boss had tried to cut the entire drama department in the past )
    3) Less production means less room for creativity, and amounts to conservative notions. People learn from mistakes, but if you don't give them chance to make mistakes, their room for improvement is also small.
    4) Boss is constantly changing in the upper level (networking skills might not help you)
    5) Your friend who went over to TVB seems to be doing much better than you.
    6) Your friend also learns more than you because he works with more talented crew members.
    7) ATV fails to identify which longterm age/gender market they want to target, making designs of scripts, costumes, and set more difficult. (This failure is also related to the constant changing of the big Boss)
    8) You don't watch ATV also when you were young. You have no emotional attachment to ATV.

For ancient production, set design does not matter as much, nor outfit designs. Just be plain oldstyle and it is still acceptable. But for modern series, the set design and lighting really contributes a lot to the feel of the whole story. The clothing, accessories, and makeup also tells you that the story is not set in the 70s, 80s and 90s. ATV fledging scriptwriters also tend to be "purchased" by TVB very easily since TVB doesn't mind the high price tag. And film companies might also hire such scriptwriter (13 Chan, for example). There used to be quite a few big night time shows to help train crew on stage designs. But nowadays, it is getting much rarer to see big shows except for the few pageants and those charity events.
    Last edited by humbeggar; 08-05-06 at 09:52 AM.

WHy i hate ATV?

*their quality of their tape. so bad
    *their sound so damn loud i can't hear a sh*t what they said. ( like this serie "My Date With A Vampire")
    *all their conversation in the serie is stupid, so outdate, and really annoying..

yes! I hate ATV as well! I only like and will always remain a fan of TVB. Can never stand ATV.

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

Not really, sumtime TVB length is quite long IMO. it's not just ATV. tbh I don't consider it a bad thing cos I prefer series that last 35 or 40ish episode

i like some of the atv series, i've seen but i guess i like tvb because of the actors & the story lines. i agree though, the older series. the 80`s & 90`s are good.

like the snow is red. [:
    mythical crane. magic needle [:
    ooh im gonna go find my mom's old atv collection & rewatch. [:
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

seriously speaking, ATV is improving alot over the yrs. While TVB shows are getting from bad to worst. Most of thei recent series likeTurbulent Times of a Beauty has very preditable plots. Its like you will know what is gong to happen next minute.
    Zhang JunBao--->WuDang

Quote Originally Posted by JunBao
    seriously speaking, ATV is improving alot over the yrs. While TVB shows are getting from bad to worst. Most of thei recent series likeTurbulent Times of a Beauty has very preditable plots. Its like you will know what is gong to happen next minute.

yea i hate predictable stuff . . .

i noticed your name is jun bao. . i recently saw that series wudang/wu tang/ vo dang. [: its good
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

tropical country Singapore :D banana country

Quote Originally Posted by JunBao
    seriously speaking, ATV is improving alot over the yrs. While TVB shows are getting from bad to worst.
    that is bcoz tvb is trying to promote actresses like charmaine sheh and myolie wu who are not very good...but atv is trying to make better shows...although when it first started out it was all nonsense
    lollipops&raindrops (:

'love me for me' ;D
    'you make me smile'
    'i love you, you idiot' o.0
    FEEL THE LOVE <3