Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ATV or TVB

Default Anyone here hate ATV !!? I Do..

WHy i hate ATV?

*their quality of their tape. so bad
    *their sound so damn loud i can't hear a sh*t what they said. ( like this serie "My Date With A Vampire")
    * too long in each serie.
    *all their conversation in the serie is stupid, so outdate, and really annoying..
    Last edited by Aznmask; 08-05-03 at 10:23 PM.

Default Re: Anyone here hate ATV !!? I Do..

Originally posted by Aznmask
    WHy i hate ATV?

*their quality of their tape. so bad
    *their sound so damn loud i can't hear a sh*t what they said. ( like this serie "My Date With A Vampire")
    * too long in each serie.
    *all their conversation in the serie is stupid, so outdate, and really annoying..
    I think those traits are reasonable justification but I think is happening in all HK production at the moment
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

I don't think ATV is that bad. I prefer the older series, but then the storyline on a lot of the TVB series have also gotten bad.

Both stations have long and short series, so it's okay. The ones from China have the longest number of episodes.

I prefer longer stories if it has my favorite actors in them, cuz I don't want it to end.

ATV isn't as rich as TVB, so it can't really compete with it.

ATV produced better series a decade ago (same with TVB).

Weren't a lot of famous people once at ATV, but later left for TVB? I've heard that Leon Lai used to work at ATV.

I don't know about Leon Lai. But I remember Gallen Lo was a singer at ATV. I think Leslie Cheung started out at ATV and Alex Man, too. A lot of the older actors and actresses.

There were quite a few, but I don't really remember them off the top of my head.

ATV is pretty good, it just there series starts out really good with lots of suspense, but later on it drags a little. Thats just my personal thought. Hmmm...they have a lot of good stars though, too bad lots of them left to go with TVB
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

a lot of older actors and actresses go back to ATV after getting dumped by TVB too.

I think ATV try to be unique... they have good shows but just, I think as a viewer we expect more from the HK producer because the stake is raise higher and higher... now we have China, Taiwan and even american television to compete and compare with... the stake is really high.
    Flame on I am gone...

Lets talk about their quality of their work. Well i haven't watch any ATV series. The last ATV serie i watched was "My Date With A Vampire 2". It was pretty good, but can't they freaking turn their music lower cuz i can't hear wtf they talking about.

Their acting is not good as TVB. I prefer TVB czu even their ending suck or wahtever still make my time worth it.

Their older series were good. However, I have been staying away from ATV series recently as the script is bad, the acting is bad, the dialogues are ridiculous. I don't even like some of their famous series like "Flaming Brothers" or "My Date with A Vampire". That's probably just my taste. However, that doesn't mean I'm a loyal fan of TVB. Just have to be very selective in what you are watching nowadays.
    If a man could be at two places at one time, I'll be with you
    Tomorrow and today, beside you all the way

I used to like the really old series and some from the 80's and early 90's, but the storylines now are really dragging.

ATV has a lot of talented actors/actresses but they don't make good use of them, and hardly ever promote new leads. Thus, they keep losing them to TVB, e.g. Gilbert Lam, Annie Man, Stephen Au.

I agree with you guys. The balance between the dialogue and background noises is very bad. I got so pissed in the sixth/seventh episode of "My Date With A Vampire 1" that I stopped watching it altogther as well as the sequel.

I only watch it when i go back to Hk, and it is for the Taiwanese/Mainland Chinese series ATV buys. I hardly ever watch Atv series now unless one storyline really attracts me.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

It's not hard to understand why Aznmask hated ATV. I am starting to really hated it too. After watching All's Well, Ends Well that is. But they do have some good series like The Snow is Red. But their quality is going down. Money is a problem, but I know some low-budgeted films that are good. They just have to work at it.
    Beauty is not in the face;
    beauty is a light in the heart.

-It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.

Originally posted by charbydis
    I used to like the really old series and some from the 80's and early 90's, but the storylines now are really dragging.

ATV has a lot of talented actors/actresses but they don't make good use of them, and hardly ever promote new leads. Thus, they keep losing them to TVB, e.g. Gilbert Lam, Annie Man, Stephen Au.

I agree with you guys. The balance between the dialogue and background noises is very bad. I got so pissed in the sixth/seventh episode of "My Date With A Vampire 1" that I stopped watching it altogther as well as the sequel.

I only watch it when i go back to Hk, and it is for the Taiwanese/Mainland Chinese series ATV buys. I hardly ever watch Atv series now unless one storyline really attracts me.
    for the most part if you are watching the series on tapes, whether in chinese or viet, blame the distributor for the ATV series for the bad quality of video and sound....when the series is aired in HK on TV or over here in the US on TV, for the most part, according to TV Fan, the picture and video quality is the same as TVB's on tape and TV in HK...furthermore according to TV Fan, he knows that Taiseng and Asiaview Ent (the distributors here in the US for TVB and ATV respectively)--heck even my rental store owner said the same thing--are actually the same ppl, from his/her experience w/ seeing the chinese tapes...so no wonder if they want more ppl to watch TVB more than they do ATV

Originally posted by Shirley It's not hard to understand why Aznmask hated ATV. I am starting to really hated it too. After watching All's Well, Ends Well that is. But they do have some good series like The Snow is Red. But their quality is going down. Money is a problem, but I know some low-budgeted films that are good. They just have to work at it.
    and I actually feel ATV has finally improved in this past year w/ series such as Venture Against Time, Bus No. 8, Project Ji Xiang, LoMH, Thunder Cops...I didn't rent All's Well Ends Well since I saw the previews of the series on ATV online when the series was aired in HK
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

What attracts me is the ancient serials. I don't usually watch modern series. But I did see the Gamling Family (Is that right?) It was a bit ridiculous. And the series Anything You Wish (I don't remember) was not a pleasant thing to be endured through. The Zen Master was quite ,BAD and I absolutely COULD NOT believe my eyes that it had somehow dragged onto 32 Viet tapes. That's a LOT of dragging. I have to say, even the bad TVB series are better than the ones that ATV can come up with. If they can't make a decent ancient series (so I would not waste my hard earned money), I rather they don't do it at all.
    Beauty is not in the face;
    beauty is a light in the heart.

-It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart.

Originally posted by Shirley
    What attracts me is the ancient serials. I don't usually watch modern series. But I did see the Gamling Family (Is that right?) It was a bit ridiculous. And the series Anything You Wish (I don't remember) was not a pleasant thing to be endured through. The Zen Master was quite ,BAD and I absolutely COULD NOT believe my eyes that it had somehow dragged onto 32 Viet tapes. That's a LOT of dragging. I have to say, even the bad TVB series are better than the ones that ATV can come up with. If they can't make a decent ancient series (so I would not waste my hard earned money), I rather they don't do it at all.
    I think many of those in the himigpinoy forum for ATV (over at winglin) is somewhat surprised that Zen Master is doing so well in HK, including me, considering I only watched the 1st 2 tapes then stopped...also All's Well Ends Well did okay when it was aired over there too (the ratings just increased w/ each wk it was aired) , but overall ATV has improved since the latter part of 2002 into 2003 when they aired Project Ji Xiang and Innocently Guilty

If only ATV decides to air Bus No 8 or Venture Against Time at the 7pm timeslot when Zen Master finishes airing in mid-Aug! Those 2 series will surely attract lots of viewers
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

i like ATV.
    whoes the winner is my top 3 fav tv series
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Originally posted by Shirley
    Yeah, The Zen Master was HORRIBLE. I didn't find it remotely funny. I somehow managed to watch the whole series though. Ah, the things you can do when you are bored.

I didn't like Showbiz Tycoon or Flaming Brothers either.

"To Where He Belongs" was also horrible. There's this part where a guy with a broken leg outruns his brother.

Some ATV series start off alright, then become ridiculous.

Originally posted by Omniflame

Some ATV series start off alright, then become ridiculous.
    Yup. The Good Old Days started off really well, but then it dragged on and on... Same with Heroine of the Yangs and Coincidentally.
    *Hold fast to dreams
    For if dreams die
    Life is a broken-winged bird
    That cannot fly.* - Langston Hughes

Vampire experts was good until they started making to many dragging series that don't make sense.
    Currently watching- War and Beauty

Did anyone check the ATV site?

Sometimes they boardcast the entire TV shows online... it is pretty cool.

But other times they just have a trailor

I think that is a cool step for them to be different then TVB.
    Flame on I am gone...

Originally posted by James Ko
    Did anyone check the ATV site?

Sometimes they boardcast the entire TV shows online... it is pretty cool.
    That is cool, but won't they lose money?

What's their site?