Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whom do you think became the Ming Cult's new "Left Herald of Light"?

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    Either way, the Song wasn't anywhere as good and prosperous as the Han, Chin, or Tang. Those were what I called what have some serious abilities. KangXi in Ching expanded the borders. NuArHaXi very strong. Han's, HanWudi expanded the borders to Han's peak. Tang's Li Shi Min was very strong as well. QinShiHuangdi was great at combat.
    Zhao Kuangyan the founding Song emperor was a great general and warrior. But his achievements as emperor I think was on the level of KangXi, HongWu and Tang Taizong. His "wine-cup" deal with his founding generals was very well-done and virtuous compared to HongWu's treatment of his generals or Tang Taizong's with his brothers. Moreever he created probably the most effective civilian-controlled central gov't in Chinese history. So much so that there was no overwhelming eunuch influences(Ming, Han) or dynasty-scale-threatening rebellions(Qin, Han, Tang, Ming, Qing), but only minor ones. THere were of course corruption and some very bad ministers but the empire as a whole was ran very well. Its end was only brought becoz of invasion. Even if it did castrate the military in return, Song was VERY prosperous, if not surpassing the Tang then at least on the level. And still military-wise they often put up a hard fight, they won plenty of battles but just not wars.
    Last edited by SkineePanda; 10-09-05 at 01:47 AM.
    Underneath the fluffly, cudly exterior lies the tormented and complex creature known as the panda.

ZYZ didn't rise much in the Ming cult but he had a few million soldiers under his direct command whereas Yang Xiao and co had to go through a lot of layers to get to the soldiers. That's the difference.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Besides wasn't there a Ming Cult rule that forbides any member to be part of the government including emporer, im sure Zhu had to bypass that somehow.
    If You Love something, Let it Go...
    If It Comes Back Then It's Yours...
    If It Doesn't Then It Never Was...

Quote Originally Posted by allunderheaven
    Besides wasn't there a Ming Cult rule that forbides any member to be part of the government including emporer, im sure Zhu had to bypass that somehow.
    After the Mongols were driven out of the central plains, what remained of the Ming Cult suddenly *was* the government.

Why every body forgot Peng Yingyu (Peng The Monk) one of 5 Wanderers though martial art wise he is below L/R Envoy and The Guardian Lords but he is very smart and tactical person so I vote for him not as Left Envoy (Fan Yao more deserve) but as Right Envoy😎😎😎😎