Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicky Wu (吳奇隆)

Nicky at Hunan New Year Eve's Conert

Solo...

Nicky and LSS...
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 12-31-11 at 04:42 PM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i44.tinypic.com/35hgxua.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i43.tinypic.com/289lv2f.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i42.tinypic.com/10oqydg.jpg')

Happy New Year girls! Thanks for accompanying me the last few months!

And Liu Xiao Xiao, thanks a lot for all the clips!

Hope Nicky will get more interesting roles, good stories and talented co-actors and co-actresses (what are they called? You know what I mean) so he continues to shine in 2012 and onwards!

I love the Hunan NY Stage, but I liked the way he sang in the Dragon TV concert better. His voice sounds very tired when he sang the song on the Hunan Stage.

and wow that Little Tiger version of Butterfly Couple is .....shocking. The MV maker did a great job though. It's just that Alec being a girl is a little awkward. haha

Which one was the Dragon TV concert? And when was that? Was it this one?

Ah, okay. I get it. The first one is the Hunan Concert, and the second one is the Dragon TV Concert (when was that? Also 31 Dec??). I almost cannot believe my ears. He must be very tired then in the Hunan Concert. Was it BEFORE or AFTER his duet with Shi Shi? Cos he was fine during the duet. Will someone please post in his weibo to STOP SMOKING? He needs to take care of his health! He usually could hit those high tones easily!

Dragon TV concert was pre-recorded... Hunan is live...

Actually the solo was before the duet. I thought that it was because he had no proper warm up before the performance? But yes his duet with Shi Shi was very good. Nicky was very funny when he was talking as 4 and said to the MCs that it wasn't easy for him either, because he had to go through time to be with her.

I was pretty shocked too with the singing because Nicky started out as a singer. So I went back and listened to his earlier performances and it's really different. I thought it was lack of singing practices because his career is more focused on acting now. Now hearing he smokes, it all makes sense. Yah he needs to stop.

I can picture Ruo Xi saying to him "You should quit smoking." in the same manner as the way she said to Kang Xi to get him to go to sleep. lol
    Last edited by chancy426; 01-05-12 at 01:54 PM.

Ah, I see. Thanks Myeson1 for the explanation. I actually thought that Nicky attended the Dragon like 1 hour before the Hunan, finished the two amazing songs, and then drove to the Hunan site to sing another 'Goodbye My Friend' and his duet with LSS. That was why he was tired, so I thought. Glad to know he wasn't doing that. But then why was he so off-the tone when he was singing solo in Hunan? I am not trying to nitpick, I love him with all my heart (well, sort of. I DO have a partner and I don't want to marry Nicky. I want to marry my partner, lol!). But being a fan since 2001 (yeah, 10 years ago), I was deeply concerned and troubled when I saw him with the solo Hunan. I'm glad that the terrible performance was BEFORE his duet with LSS, and somehow he brought the best of him when with her. Kind of making up for the unusual lack of brilliance in the solo. I watched many of his 'Goodbye My Friend' (a song with one of the highest pitches in his collections, IMO), and I have to tell you, the Hunan solo was so unusual. He usually was much brighter than that. I guess the smoking theory is the most accurate analysis. I wish I could read and write Chinese character. Then I will join weibo and tell him to stop smoking. He won't be pissed off with a good suggestion, would he? Even if he does, I will tell him still! The last thing I want as his fan is to see him quit singing because of his throat/lung problem, or even worse, have a chronic disease because of smoking! :-( Sigh... all these long texts just for him... NOW I know what being a fan actually means...

OT: Help! I cannot maintain my paragraphs! It's been like these the last two days. I wrote three paragraphs for the message above, and it all came into ONE terrible paragraph. Do I need to hit any button or what? (I bet this one comes in one paragraph too, tho I wrote two!)

hear from weibo that his fan did told him about it.... I too don't know how to read or write or speak chinese however, with google chrome I understand some what of what it saying.. however the translation is horrible... half guess and half understand... however the New Year even with Wu/LSS is the talk of the weibo.. some are nice some are mean.... some lover n some heater... some bad mouth about LSS lip-synch... but by god LSS is not a singer, therefore I don't understand Y they are so mean about it.. at lease I have to say that her voice sound much better then YM... YM fan please don't hate me for saying it.. but YM should not sing... her voice don't sound good. I like her acting but her singing.. my god... don't.... Whoever tell her that YM should sing they should be honest with her... n should have told her not to... Even some die hard YM fan also agree that she should not sing also...but Oh well..
    anyhow.. wonder y only Nicky, YH, and Wulu were at the award... didn't LSS win any...???

Myenson, did you write in one or several paragraphs? Cos I gotta feeling that you wrote in more than one paragraph, but came up as one? This post I write in two paragraphs. Surely it's posted as ONE! Grumble grumble. And I cannot attach any smileys!

Oh Nicky... please stop smoking so that if I ever meet you in person, I can give you a kiss and not feel like I'm kissing an ashtray. Yeah I know it's wishful thinking but you never know. This appears to be a longer version of the Dragon TV concert: Btw, I do not like this new interface for posting replies. Took me forever to figure out how to link videos now.

Quote Originally Posted by myenson1 View Post
    hear from weibo that his fan did told him about it.... I too don't know how to read or write or speak chinese however, with google chrome I understand some what of what it saying.. however the translation is horrible... half guess and half understand... however the New Year even with Wu/LSS is the talk of the weibo.. some are nice some are mean.... some lover n some heater... some bad mouth about LSS lip-synch... but by god LSS is not a singer, therefore I don't understand Y they are so mean about it.. at lease I have to say that her voice sound much better then YM... YM fan please don't hate me for saying it.. but YM should not sing... her voice don't sound good. I like her acting but her singing.. my god... don't.... Whoever tell her that YM should sing they should be honest with her... n should have told her not to... Even some die hard YM fan also agree that she should not sing also...but Oh well..anyhow.. wonder y only Nicky, YH, and Wulu were at the award... didn't LSS win any...???
    Yeah, very few actors actually make it as credible singers. Hu Ge is pretty good. I guess that's why Karen has him singing all the themesongs for her dramas. I think it's easier the other way around. It's more obvious when you are a bad singer. Bad actors can get away with some stuff if they look good enough. YM's voice is too high pitched. Kinda cute sometimes but annoying other times. I wonder if it will still be cute when she gets old.

wrote all in one.. paragraph.....

try enter and enter.. might work.. let me see if I enter twice n see what happen..

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    Myenson, did you write in one or several paragraphs? Cos I gotta feeling that you wrote in more than one paragraph, but came up as one? This post I write in two paragraphs. Surely it's posted as ONE! Grumble grumble. And I cannot attach any smileys!

it work.. didn't have problem about paragraphs...

Quote Originally Posted by Vienne94 View Post
    Oh Nicky... please stop smoking so that if I ever meet you in person, I can give you a kiss and not feel like I'm kissing an ashtray. Yeah I know it's wishful thinking but you never know. This appears to be a longer version of the Dragon TV concert: Btw, I do not like this new interface for posting replies. Took me forever to figure out how to link videos now.
    I hate the interface too. Okay, let me try. Enter five times... Enter five times... Yeah, I also want him to quit smoking because the lovely woman that he shall marry one day soon (whoever she is, she'd better be THE ONE!) must not kiss an ashtray! LOL! (where's my smiley!)

Red face

HisLife2012:

It seems that Nicky was or is still in Europe this week. I remember reading in Nickywunews in YouTube that he would go to PARIS (!!!). Then Linggluu reported that Nicky is still in Europe (based on his weibo translation). So perhaps his holiday plan is still on! Yay! He deserves the holiday big time! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ NICKY WEIBO: bottom, 1/06/2012, 8:33pm, Beijing Time - Celebrating Hurst taking care of Chinas friends, new year, new atmosphere, Fighting God and (Yi Zhou - Yi Weekly) magazine will work together for the January issue, Qi Guos Pandas must be waiting for our pretty pictures from Europe! Pandas give power!

From the BBJX thread for the Tencent Award: Nicky is the Best Actor for Taiwan/HongKong.
    Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/67e3a6ccjw1dozwgqx34cj.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/5e5d3afegw1dozw9t18waj.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/607a3bffjw1dozw89x0jfj.jpg') [/video]