Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicky Wu (吳奇隆)

I think he's trying to capitalize on this popularity from BBJX while he can. He's probably very aware that a show like BBJX is extremely rare and you're only this hot for a short while in this business. So I don't blame him for running around, trying to take advantage of all this fame to make money and land good parts.

The thing is, he likes to play certain roles (usually very physically active ones) in dramas that are just mediocre. I think the drama with Wallace Huo will do well. But I'm doubtful about the Advance Towards Fire drama. Really hope the White Haired Maiden does well too.

Nicky surprising Alec on Happy Camp:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m32lurlIKr1qf9sfao2_500.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m32lurlIKr1qf9sfao1_500.jpg')

^ ooh! does anybody have a video for that? that looks so cute!

That Nicky/Alec Su was very cute...

Quote Originally Posted by Vienne94 View Post
    I think he's trying to capitalize on this popularity from BBJX while he can. He's probably very aware that a show like BBJX is extremely rare and you're only this hot for a short while in this business. So I don't blame him for running around, trying to take advantage of all this fame to make money and land good parts.

The thing is, he likes to play certain roles (usually very physically active ones) in dramas that are just mediocre. I think the drama with Wallace Huo will do well. But I'm doubtful about the Advance Towards Fire drama. Really hope the White Haired Maiden does well too.

I think you're right, Vienne, on all accounts. I also don't think Advance Towards Fire will win me... he's played too many drama on that era already (three since 2010!). I like Sanctuary, of sort... but in the end it kept going on and on and on and gosh, so boring!

Nicky needs good scripts. He's a very good actor, but he needs good scripts and good counter-actresses and actors to respond to his emotions. BBJX's 4th Prince suited him very well, because it allowed him to peel Yinzheng's characters little by little, like peeling an onion skin, and thus making us realise how talented Nicky actually is.

But he needs all those combinations. Otherwise, his talent is wasted, of sort...

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    That Nicky/Alec Su was very cute...

I think you're right, Vienne, on all accounts. I also don't think Advance Towards Fire will win me... he's played too many drama on that era already (three since 2010!). I like Sanctuary, of sort... but in the end it kept going on and on and on and gosh, so boring!

Nicky needs good scripts. He's a very good actor, but he needs good scripts and good counter-actresses and actors to respond to his emotions. BBJX's 4th Prince suited him very well, because it allowed him to peel Yinzheng's characters little by little, like peeling an onion skin, and thus making us realise how talented Nicky actually is.

But he needs all those combinations. Otherwise, his talent is wasted, of sort...
    Exactly! After seeing him in BBJX, I found it so strange that no one had really noticed what a talented actor he is. He even said it himself in one of the interviews that it's more important for a show to be a success than for an individual actor/actress to play that role well. Even if he does an outstanding job but the rest of the elements (other actors, script, director, editor, even music) suck, no one will enjoy the show or appreciate his efforts. So I really hope he chooses his scripts very carefully. You're only as good as your last film.

ALso, I've been searching for the Happy Camp clip of him and Alec, but I don't think it's available yet.

for those of you who are waiting for the episode of Nicky and Alec on Happy Camp, here's the preview:

I have a feeling that I'm going to cry seeing them together again

Oohh, so sweet! Will have to watch it later! (I have to pack for a morning flight now)

Another Paris news (thanks to Linggluu): Nicky will release his Paris photobook soon! Eeekkk!!! I wonder if I can buy it (not residing in China, that is). Perhaps I have to ask my Chinese friend who resides in Australia to buy it for me (that is, she asks her mother/sister/friend to buy it for me...).

http://linggluu.tumblr.com/post/2197...yer=adrianshum

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m35k2xLDRw1qdakdd.jpg')

Eh, anyone has read this??? What disappointing news!

http://koalasplayground.com/2012/04/...d-14th-prince/

Wait for itand now the other shoe drops. Tangren touted loud and clear four months ago that Bu Bu Jing Xin 2 was a go with the same cast but set in a modern era, back then I was innocent and trusting and believed everything they said. Forget no contracts were signed, no script was written, and some nebulous August 2012 start date for filming. I wasnt overly concerned that it sounded like a money sucking endeavor just to piggyback on BBJXs popularity. I missed the cast and characters, and would gladly suffer through crap to have them back on my screen. Then I started hearing murmurings that the salaries were too high now that some actors hit the big leagues, and that Ladyboss was just using them to drum up publicity. Whatever the case may be, its been confirmed that Nicky Wu is not going to be in BBJX 2 and the story will be about Ruo Xi and 14th Prince getting another chance at love in modern times. Ive heard for awhile that Yuan Hong was in fact never invited to be in the drama, and looks like Kevin Cheng wont be back either. So BBJX 2 will be just another Tangren home cast project.

Been reading the BBJX thread... and hoping that it's just another marketing-intentioned rumours to spike up interests on BBJX2. Tang Ren won't be so silly to let go of Nicky and Kevin off BBJX2!

Eh, anyone has read this??? What disappointing news!

http://koalasplayground.com/2012/04/...d-14th-prince/

aiyaa....no nicky means no BBJX2 for me then

May not be true as the lady boss Karen has updated her weibo to say that original cast will be there for BBJX 2..... We shall wait for the good news.....

Quote Originally Posted by Teresalen View Post
    May not be true as the lady boss Karen has updated her weibo to say that original cast will be there for BBJX 2..... We shall wait for the good news.....
    Thank you for that! There is still hope
    I can't wait to see what fashionable suits Nicky is going to wear in the modern day Bu Bu Jin Xin
    Last edited by babygil; 04-30-12 at 11:49 AM.

Oh yeah...! Tho I also love the coat he wore at the museum during the last scene in BBJX with Zhang Xiao. Nicky usually looks lovely in coats...

omg i want to watch the episode of happy camp now! looks so cuteeee!
    and wow, alec looks good! i remember seeing a picture from not so long ago and he looked kinda old, but now that he shaved and has a decent hairstyle again, he looks so young and yummy!

look what I found

Been reading the BBJX thread... and hoping that it's just another marketing-intentioned rumours to spike up interests on BBJX2. Tang Ren won't be so silly to let go of Nicky and Kevin off BBJX2!
    I can imagine all the fan girls going nuts on weibo when these rumours came out. Any BBJX sequel without Nicky or Kevin would be a complete fail and I can see a lot of fans boycotting it so I don't think Karen is that crazy. But who knows? Bosslady has a mind of her own and is known to be a risk taker. She also doesn't want to rely on well known actors alone to carry her production. But does she seriously think this drama would have been nearly as successful if Nicky hadn't killed the part of Si Ye?!

Anyway, I'm still kinda torn about a sequel. What if the plot sucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Vienne94 View Post
    Anyway, I'm still kinda torn about a sequel. What if the plot sucks?
    I'm taking it as a good sign that none of the actors received their scripts yet because it means they working hard to make sure the sequel doesn't disappoint. From what I read BBJX took years to write so the last thing we need is a rushed screwed up sequel. Its only May so hopefully by July all the main cast members would've received their scripts.

Quote Originally Posted by AznGirl621 View Post
    look what I found
    Thank you, AznGirl621. Nicky looks very suave in the floral print..... But he must be in pain when he sang as he was pressing his chest a few times.....

Hi babygil and Vienne94, I was introduced to a sequel written on the net by someone earlier in the BBJX thread. 步步今生,the writer is not Tong Hua but the storyline is not bad. It gives the good ending and also maintain links between the new characters who have reincarnated and the Ching dynasty princes.... http://novel.hongxiu.com/a/389909

The story continues from Zhangxiao waking up remembering the love with Shiye and meeting someone who looks like him in the museum. Turns out he is the reincarnation, but cannot remember her as he had drunk the mengpo soup. But he starts to have dreams of his past and he finally realizes who he was.....

Quote Originally Posted by Teresalen View Post
    Thank you, AznGirl621. Nicky looks very suave in the floral print..... But he must be in pain when he sang as he was pressing his chest a few times.....
    Yeah, that's the only bad part... Boss needs a long vacation