Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1336

Thread: Nicky Wu (吳奇隆)

Forgot to post this one. But these are the Bride with White Hair promotion on Happy Camp on last 1 Sept 2012 (from Madame Rose K). Tenth Prince is cute there!

Happy Camp is now being broadcast in the US as well. Well in NY anyway.

What!!! Wow! What channel??

This is the GQ interview of Nicky. Vienne et al, can you provide the gist of what he said?

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    What!!! Wow! What channel??

This is the GQ interview of Nicky. Vienne et al, can you provide the gist of what he said?

Time Warner channel 73. I believe it's on Sunday around 8 pm.

GQ Interview:

N = Nicky
    R = Reporters

R: How do you feel about receiving the GQ award this year?
    N: 2012 has been a very busy year. Between acting and various promotional events, it's been busy but very rewarding. I've been able to accomplish a lot.

R: How do you feel about receiving an award in Korea?
    N: Of course, I'm very happy to get the reward and to know that I have so many supporters in Korea. It's a very rare opportunity to go there.

R: Will you try to enter the Korean market?
    N: I want to complete the projects on hand first.

R: Do you do anything to prepare for events with so many fans coming?
    N: There Is there a lot of pressure because I am under the microscope lately. Before I could be pretty casual about my appearance when I leave my house but because of all the additional attention now, I have to take more care with my appearance. It generally takes me about 30 minutes longer now to leave the house.

R: Since Xiao Shi Yi Lang, you are known for acting in ancient series. Will that continue?
    N: For now I am still participating in a few ancient series. We might be planning on making some modern series for next year but that is still undecided.

R: Recently on weibo, we saw you in an Avatar costume. Is that something you'd like to try?
    N: It's fun and I enjoy changing my appearce. I don't often get to show that wild side of myself.

R: How to usually take care of yourself?
    N: I don't usually take too care of myself too much. I don't really pamper myself much.

R: Speaking of extra care on your appearance, how long did it take you to do your hair today?
    N:30 minutes.

R: Is 2012 a special year for you?
    N: Not sure about special but it's been especially busy.

R: A lot of stress?
    N: Sometimes pressure is a good thing. It might push you to do more. Also more opportunites to work with more people and experiences different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Vienne94 View Post
    R: Since Xiao Shi Yi Lang, you are known for acting in ancient series. Will that continue?
    N: For now I am still participating in a few ancient series. We might be planning on making some modern series for next year but that is still undecided.
    OMG he drives me crazy sometimes. What he mean undecided? Isn't BBJX 2 a modern series?
    He giving me the impression those rumors about him not participating in sequel are somewhat true. Now interested in what other series he has coming up for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by babygil View Post
    OMG he drives me crazy sometimes. What he mean undecided? Isn't BBJX 2 a modern series?
    He giving me the impression those rumors about him not participating in sequel are somewhat true. Now interested in what other series he has coming up for next year.
    I think that's the standard answer he gives because of the nature of the filming industry in China. No done deals until the last possible minute. Even if he's in talks to do 10 more dramas, he can't talk about it until they're almost gonna start filming.

Also, the gov't has to approve of every single drama that gets shot in China. I hear that modern dramas are harder to get approved because of potential political sensitivity. So producers usually want to shoot ancient dramas because it's safer for the censors.

I would like to see him in more modern dramas. I think he looks better in modern clothing/hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Vienne94 View Post
    Time Warner channel 73. I believe it's on Sunday around 8 pm.

GQ Interview:

N = Nicky
    R = Reporters

R: How do you feel about receiving the GQ award this year?
    N: 2012 has been a very busy year. Between acting and various promotional events, it's been busy but very rewarding. I've been able to accomplish a lot.

R: How do you feel about receiving an award in Korea?
    N: Of course, I'm very happy to get the reward and to know that I have so many supporters in Korea. It's a very rare opportunity to go there.

R: Will you try to enter the Korean market?
    N: I want to complete the projects on hand first.

R: Do you do anything to prepare for events with so many fans coming?
    N: There Is there a lot of pressure because I am under the microscope lately. Before I could be pretty casual about my appearance when I leave my house but because of all the additional attention now, I have to take more care with my appearance. It generally takes me about 30 minutes longer now to leave the house.

R: Recently on weibo, we saw you in an Avatar costume. Is that something you'd like to try?
    N: It's fun and I enjoy changing my appearce. I don't often get to show that wild side of myself.

R: How to usually take care of yourself?
    N: I don't usually take too care of myself too much. I don't really pamper myself much.

R: Speaking of extra care on your appearance, how long did it take you to do your hair today?
    N:30 minutes.

R: Is 2012 a special year for you?
    N: Not sure about special but it's been especially busy.

R: A lot of stress?
    N: Sometimes pressure is a good thing. It might push you to do more. Also more opportunites to work with more people and experiences different things.
    Thanks a lot Vienne for the translation! I am sure that Nicky will participate in BBJX 2. His role there is too important to delete. BBJX 2 without Nicky, LSS, Kevin, Yuan Hong and the main cast won't be appealing anymore, and Tangren knows this. But we need a good script, and for that, 2012 might not be the year they start filming.

Bride with White Hair started the premier on 12 Sept! Here's the theme song, but not yet complete, so I have no feeling for it yet...

Here's one of the videos of the premier:

Madame Rose K uploaded the full version of Nicky's Italian Mission! Thanks, Madame!

Part 1:

Last edited by Icha Parvati; 09-14-12 at 12:48 PM.

The mis-spelling of 'mission' aside, I'm very impressed with the range of labels Nicky was sponsored with during the Italy trip. He is certainly one of the prominent male models in China now! They have Cerruti, DKNY Jeans, Emporio Armani, Lacoste, Cesare Paciotti etc for him to try on!

The opening theme for Bride with White Hair:

And this is the ending theme:

I'm not digging the opening theme yet, but I like the ending theme. It has a scene of Nicky kissing underwater!

Madame Rose K also uploaded the first four episodes of The Bride with White Hair:

Ep1:

Ep2:

Ep3:

Ep4:

Found this at Linggluu's (courtesy of Nicky's weibo). Gorgeous sketch!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mae8soOGNA1qdakdd.jpg')

Have any of you watched The Bride with White Hair? I haven't, got something to finish first. Hope I can start watching it in a few days!

Have any of you watched The Bride with White Hair? I haven't, got something to finish first. Hope I can start watching it in a few days!
    Hey Icha, I was going to post this reply in the other thread but since you asked, here's my take on the show. I do not like it! I actually had no interest in the show when it was announced because I really dislike the male protagonist Zhou Yihang. We all are very familiar with this story so I'm not going into the whole plot, but this adaptation is not at all faithful to the novel. Sometimes I wonder why they even bother doing an adaptation if they're going to change the plot and the characters. Yu Luo Cha seems so out of character!!! What's up with the mask?? YLC will never hide behind a stupid mask and cape because she is too arrogant and proud!! And what's up with everyone matching her in martial arts, especially ZYH?? Other than Yue Mingke, she's above and beyond all her peers!! And let's not get me started on YMK!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    Hey Icha, I was going to post this reply in the other thread but since you asked, here's my take on the show. I do not like it! I actually had no interest in the show when it was announced because I really dislike the male protagonist Zhou Yihang. We all are very familiar with this story so I'm not going into the whole plot, but this adaptation is not at all faithful to the novel. Sometimes I wonder why they even bother doing an adaptation if they're going to change the plot and the characters. Yu Luo Cha seems so out of character!!! What's up with the mask?? YLC will never hide behind a stupid mask and cape because she is too arrogant and proud!! And what's up with everyone matching her in martial arts, especially ZYH?? Other than Yue Mingke, she's above and beyond all her peers!! And let's not get me started on YMK!
    I'm usually a stickler for faithful adaptation and normally, my reaction would be the same as SkyWalker. Why do a novel adaptation when you're going to change the whole storyline? However, in this case, I don't mind too much. I'm actually kind of happy they changed the story, especially when it comes to Zhou Yihang, because who wants to see Nicky portray a weak and spineless hero?
    always smile

Jaynestars, an English entertainment website with very high traffic from fans everywhere in the world is again organising a 2012 Sexiest Man Alive in China Award @ JayneStars and this time stars from Taiwan and Mainland China are included and Nicky is obviously one of them. Competition will be fierce but at least I hope he won't be last!

The link is here at

http://www.jaynestars.com/news/2012-...n-china-award/

This is his picture ...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r614/point2e/nicky_wu.png')

The names are in alphabetical order so scroll down and you will see his picture. You can vote once every 24 hours. No need registration but your IP will be locked so you can vote from different computers but from same IP address, it is 24 hours 1 vote. CLICK VOTE ONCE and you will see the number of total votes for all candidates. You won't see individual votes until I believe at the end of the week to prevent biased voting of everyone voting for one just so to let that person win.

No prizes this time but it is purely by fans for fans.

Spread the news to all fans who can access this page and remind them, don't waste votes on others, just vote for your ultimate favourite. Unless they are fans of others.

The poll closes on Monday, October 8, 2012 at midnight EST.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    Oh, okay, thanks Sky. It's difficult for me to watch it without a sub, so I haven't watched till now. To which thread were you going to post it, initially? I'm not aware we have Bride with White Hair thread here in SPCnet.

By the way, here's a video of Nicky crying during an interview. Credit to Madame Rose K. Nots ure why he cried tho, but I always love that 'Goodbye My Friend' song...

Quote Originally Posted by elarin View Post
    Jaynestars, an English entertainment website with very high traffic from fans everywhere in the world is again organising a 2012 Sexiest Man Alive in China Award @ JayneStars and this time stars from Taiwan and Mainland China are included and Nicky is obviously one of them. Competition will be fierce but at least I hope he won't be last!

The link is here at

This is his picture ...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r614/point2e/nicky_wu.png')

The names are in alphabetical order so scroll down and you will see his picture. You can vote once every 24 hours. No need registration but your IP will be locked so you can vote from different computers but from same IP address, it is 24 hours 1 vote. CLICK VOTE ONCE and you will see the number of total votes for all candidates. You won't see individual votes until I believe at the end of the week to prevent biased voting of everyone voting for one just so to let that person win.

No prizes this time but it is purely by fans for fans.

Spread the news to all fans who can access this page and remind them, don't waste votes on others, just vote for your ultimate favourite. Unless they are fans of others.

The poll closes on Monday, October 8, 2012 at midnight EST.
    Thanks a lot! I have voted for Laoda!

Oh, okay, thanks Sky. It's difficult for me to watch it without a sub, so I haven't watched till now. To which thread were you going to post it, initially? I'm not aware we have Bride with White Hair thread here in SPCnet.

By the way, here's a video of Nicky crying during an interview. Credit to Madame Rose K. Nots ure why he cried tho, but I always love that 'Goodbye My Friend' song...

I think the best is to treat this series as a new series. They made a lot of changes to the story. Ah well.

I don't understand mandarin, but from what I was able to gather, the reason why Nicky cried during the interview is that he was criticized as being a harsh producer.
    always smile

Can't hear much but I think he cried because his staff worked very very hard and he cried for their hard work? And he felt sorry for them because work is hard. I don't think he was criticised as harsh producer, but rather he felt for them.

He is a bit more emotional these days isn't he?