Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1336

Thread: Nicky Wu (吳奇隆)

For one thing the man is very exhausted and under a lot pressure due to his self produced TV Series. What he needs is a two month break from all work so he can relax and breath. If he did snap one or two times during the filming I'm sure the cast understood where it was coming from. But I doubt that's the case with Nicky since he's a soft spoken kind of guy.

Anyways, Apparently the the drama is getting some criticism.
    http://www.jaynestars.com/news/nicky...zed-by-viewers

I want to know what kind of beauty the netizens are looking for? I don't find Ma Su ugly at all.

Also, I haven't look at the drama also because just like Icha I can't understand a word that's being said. Maybe someone will gift us subs online very soon or at least a DVD version with English Subs.

Thanks for the clips everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    I like the new poster here. No sugar sweet purple and pink costumes!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/681ab3edgw1dwhapeeiwfj.jpg')

I can't find the Viki project for this drama. I hope some ppl will sub it soon...
    Nicky looks great in this poster...so much better than the other one.

I think what fans want is not a beautiful girl but themselves in the role!

Kidding!

I suppose as a viewer I do want a beautiful face but more importantly for such an important leading role, perhaps a memorable face. Maybe Ma Su is not memorable enough.

I bet a few more intimate scenes and she will become memorable. But yes quite a lot of Chinese actresses though pretty can be pretty forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by elarin View Post
    Can't hear much but I think he cried because his staff worked very very hard and he cried for their hard work? And he felt sorry for them because work is hard. I don't think he was criticised as harsh producer, but rather he felt for them.

He is a bit more emotional these days isn't he?
    Quote Originally Posted by natuschan View Post
    I think the best is to treat this series as a new series. They made a lot of changes to the story. Ah well.

I don't understand mandarin, but from what I was able to gather, the reason why Nicky cried during the interview is that he was criticized as being a harsh producer.
    Poor Laoda... When I read the Jaynestar article, they seem to be too harsh on him. I do agree that 6 episodes per week is too many... but give the guy a break! He's been working hard, also the rest of the crew, and he is not a mean boss at all.

I am used to 5 episodes per week, daily 1 episode. Faster paced.

Palm/face! I didn't realise that we have the Bride with White Hair thread already! I did check it like a few weeks ago, but didn't see it. It seems it was created a few months ago?

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...ir-ft-Nicky-Wu

Anywhere I can watch Bride With White Hair online like youtube?

Hi Elarin,

I have saved the first six episodes on my YouTube Channel, you can watch it here http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...ature=view_all

Oh, YOU are the Madame Rose K, ro? Thanks for compiling Nicky's videos so far. You've done a great job!

no no nooooo..............I'm not Madame Rose K. I cannot take credit for it. I just download from her playlist nia

Oh, YOU are the Madame Rose K, ro? Thanks for compiling Nicky's videos so far. You've done a great job!

Wow, Nicky new drama ratings are not ideal for Hunan TV and netizens blaming Ma Su because of it. Its still the same complaints that she's not a popular main lead and ugly at that. Sorry I'm not agreeing on the ugly part but I do agree she's not a popular chose considering I barely heard anything from her in the last few years. Where she been? I was hoping the rating would increase further along into the show but sadly no. The last thing Nicky needs to be doing is adding more stress to his already stressful life so hopefully he's not taking too seriously. Afterall, every director in the industry can't say their first drama or movie was a super hit.

Yeah, I hope he will not be depressed because of it. You're right. This is his baby project. It is also his first project (well, the second, actually, after Ideal Husband?). I hope he is getting better emotionally. We're still here to support him!

Is Hunan TV rating so strict? It seems it's the Golden Tower of the Chinese TV, what with BBJX etc showing there?

Quote Originally Posted by ro8888 View Post
    Hi Elarin,

I have saved the first six episodes on my YouTube Channel, you can watch it here http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...ature=view_all
    Thanks for the links!! I noticed some new episodes are very very blurry.

Viewers complains the drama is too melodramatic.
    http://www.jaynestars.com/news/the-b...ic-for-viewers

Wow more nonsense! I for one can't comment on the plot nor Ma Su's acting since I'm still waiting on subs but the netizens are being ridiculous. I think the main issue here is that 4th prince made a powerful impression on many fans. People can't help but compare BBJX to Bride with White Hair. Isn't the Bride with White Hair suppose to be a tragic dramatic story?

Poor Ma Su, being the first actress to appear on screen with Nicky since BBJX. And funny thing is they said same thing about Shi Shi not being pretty enough.

I d agree Ma Su is a bit... underwhelming in looks and in acting. She does not have a memorable face. But out of camera she seems to have a loud personality. Reminds me of his ex wife.

Well, Ma Su technically isn't the first female to co-star with Nicky after BBJX. The girl in Xing Ming Shi Ye, and the other one in Advance Towards the Fire were the first two. But XMSY hasn't aired in China, so Ma Su is receiving the hard blows...

I am actually hoping that XMSY would restore Nicky's happy days a bit. He seems to be a bit depressed these days...

Eh, despite the cruel reviews, this pic is lovely:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.jaynestars.com/wp-content/uploads/cache/18409_500.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by elarin View Post
    I d agree Ma Su is a bit... underwhelming in looks and in acting. She does not have a memorable face. But out of camera she seems to have a loud personality. Reminds me of his ex wife.
    Please no. No, please no. First time I read her name, I tot I was reading Ma Ya Shu. OMG... I hope Ma Su does not have that personality. Poor Nicky if he meets another gold digger...

Please no. No, please no. First time I read her name, I tot I was reading Ma Ya Shu. OMG... I hope Ma Su does not have that personality. Poor Nicky if he meets another gold digger...
    Well its not like he's marrying her so even if her personality sucks big time it don't affect him any. He hired to act a role because of their of chemistry onscreen from I what read but unfortunately many netizens don't agree with that chemistry.

How are the ratings for this show? I'll be honest, I'm not watching it because I normally don't like this genre. Since I won't affect the ratings anyway, I feel like it doesn't matter. If I were in China, I'd turn my TV on just to support him. My poor Nicky must be exhausted from all the extra work.

He needs to stop working for a while and find himself a good woman.

Quote Originally Posted by babygil View Post
    Well its not like he's marrying her so even if her personality sucks big time it don't affect him any. He hired to act a role because of their of chemistry onscreen from I what read but unfortunately many netizens don't agree with that chemistry.
    Umm...TBH, I don't see that chemistry either. But I only watched the first episode, and gave up because I didn't know what's happening without subtitle (guestimate doesn't work for me).

But I am SO waiting for Xing Ming Shi Ye! Somehow the way that drama is made makes me want to see it.

I hear from Linggluu that Bai Fa (Bride with White Hair) is doing better these days with the ratings. Search hit for 'bai fa' seems to be hitting > 3 million hits as well. I hope it makes Laoda feel better....