Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicky Wu (吳奇隆)

Yeah, I also don't really dig the 20s-30s C-drama genre. Nicky's characters DIED in both Sanctuary and San Niang (sp?). Not a fan of his characters dying!

Quote Originally Posted by Vienne94 View Post
    LSS is pretty but I think I like her better with Yuan Hong.

As for Nicky.... sorry but I want him all to myself!!! My Nicky.
    Ah, as long as he's happy with you, I don't mind. Just so you know, if you make him sad, a horde of Pandas will go after you! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post

Ah, as long as he's happy with you, I don't mind. Just so you know, if you make him sad, a horde of Pandas will go after you! LOL!
    Ah yes, his faithful pandas. They just crossed the 4 million mark on Weibo!

Question, is FSF more popular in China or Nicky? Both shows were super popular and made stars of the leads. FSF has more followers on weibo but they don't seem as active.

Yeah, I also don't really dig the 20s-30s C-drama genre. Nicky's characters DIED in both Sanctuary and San Niang (sp?). Not a fan of his characters dying!
    I had just watched finished The Sanctuary. It is such a depressing show manz!!! From the beginning, it's all about plotting & scheming.

Then his character has to sacrifice so much to protect his loved ones that my heart aches for him. Altho he had managed to reunite with his sworn bros, it doesn't look promising for them too.

BTW, I dun see any sparks between him & the female lead. Esp comparing it to LSS in BBJS

Then the upcoming show is also about war-time. Think I will give it a miss. After BBJX & The Sanctuary, I need some happy shows to boost up my mood.

Duh. I also don't find the chemistry between him and the female lead in Sanctuary mesmerizing. She's cute, and in the first few episodes, I kinda dig into them. But then the conflicts became too long and I got bored.

Koala posted the new drama here (the new title 'Into the Fire' is more suitable IMO than the 'Towards the Cannon' or whatever).

http://koalasplayground.com/2012/02/...comment-109949

Who actually do NOT dig his hairstyle in this series? The pineapple style? Am I the only one who is not crazy about it? I prefer his hair style in Sanctuary. But I guess being a bandit, that pineapple hairstyle suits him better.

I actually thought it was Sanctuary the sequel and then I remembered, he died in it, and rather sadly and may I say stylishly. I like the actress in Sanctuary, her accent is cute but she talks too loud and I do think her acting is lacking. I am not a fan of such series but maybe Nicky is. As for the hair, my take on it is, he looks great. But if a series places so much emphasis on his hair, the series to me won't be that good in other areas. And highly improbable with that sort of hair, that looks and all. In fact in Sanctuary I could laugh at the entire production, but for my liking Nicky, I stuck with it and in the end, I would say I was entertained, but I will not rewatch it again nor will I recommend it.

And when will he ever star in a romance drama like those K-dramas where he is some super rich arrogant bastard who has his heart melt by a sweet young girl (not BBJX but more K-drama) and we end up cheering because

1. he doesn't die
    2. he will wear gorgeous suits and Nicky looks great in suits
    3. he can have pineapple, watermelon or papaya hair if he wants and still be realistic

When? Nicky, WHEN?!
    Last edited by elarin; 02-23-12 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elarin View Post

And when will he ever star in a romance drama like those K-dramas where he is some super rich arrogant bastard who has his heart melt by a sweet young girl (not BBJX but more K-drama) and we end up cheering because

1. he doesn't die
    3. he can have pineapple, watermelon or papaya hair if he wants and still be realistic

When? Nicky, WHEN?!
    lets keep our fingers crossed for bbjx 2 then shall we? then my longshi can be together.. actually i want them to keep the pairings for bbjx 2.... longshi.. the 8 couple (THEY ARE SUPER MATCHING).. the 10 couple.. the 9 couple... i would rather YH go with GXT than the actress who played lv hong.. but then GXT with LGX would be cute too...

ah yes, into the fire sounds nicer than towards the whatever (and cannon does make more sense than explosion.. whoops)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/a08e98b0jw1dqc2lm9873j.jpg')
    Last edited by thesolangestory; 02-23-12 at 07:31 AM.

Oohh! He rides a horse there too! I always love it when Nicky rides. He's a good rider. Reminds me of the Hero on the Silk Road (which - unfortunately - has She Who Shall Not Be Named there).

Quote Originally Posted by elarin View Post
    I actually thought it was Sanctuary the sequel and then I remembered, he died in it, and rather sadly and may I say stylishly. I like the actress in Sanctuary, her accent is cute but she talks too loud and I do think her acting is lacking. I am not a fan of such series but maybe Nicky is. As for the hair, my take on it is, he looks great. But if a series places so much emphasis on his hair, the series to me won't be that good in other areas. And highly improbable with that sort of hair, that looks and all. In fact in Sanctuary I could laugh at the entire production, but for my liking Nicky, I stuck with it and in the end, I would say I was entertained, but I will not rewatch it again nor will I recommend it.

1. he doesn't die

When? Nicky, WHEN?!
    Yeah, Xiao He (that was her name in Sanctuary, right?) talked too loud and too much. I actually liked the girl singer, the who who had her make up an inch thick? When she's with light make up, she's pretty. And during Nicky's birthday show, she (the singer girl) was actually there too, and she clearly WORSHIPPED Nicky!

and...
    1. True, it's MUCH better that his character lives!
    2. He DOES look great in suits. Hands down. He should do more suits (Paris Louis Vuitton reminiscing)
    3. Watermelon hair! LOL!

I will add the 4th:
    4. He hooks up with the love of his life in those series

Better, he finds the love of his life in real life!

Since we're into the hair topic, what about this: Mention up to three movies/series you think Nicky's hair looked the most awesome. Can be classical, 20s style or modern.

Mine:
    1. Treasure Venture (as Shui Ruohan)
    2. Hero on the Silk Road (he kept his real hair there, all shoulder-length and beautifully reddish under the dessert sun!)
    3. Sanctuary (I'm a sucker for his hair style there)

I can also include XMSY and anything with him long haired, preferrably rather dishevelled (tho in XMSY his hair was kept, a la Legolas in Lord of the Rings).

Since we're into the hair topic, what about this: Mention up to three movies/series you think Nicky's hair looked the most awesome. Can be classical, 20s style or modern. Mine:1. Treasure Venture (as Shui Ruohan)2. Hero on the Silk Road (he kept his real hair there, all shoulder-length and beautifully reddish under the dessert sun!)3. Sanctuary (I'm a sucker for his hair style there)I can also include XMSY and anything with him long haired, preferrably rather dishevelled (tho in XMSY his hair was kept, a la Legolas in Lord of the Rings).
    HAHAHAHA, +1 for anything LOTR.My list:1. Treasure Venture
    2. 镖行天下前传 (not sure what the English name of this drama) filmed in 2009?
    9713d491986ec08f40b52e0f078c7f33.jpg 12045a050-1.jpg

3. Advance towards the Fire (I rather like the pineapple hair)

Isn't #2 is 'You are my dream'? Two of the songs are Zhu Ding (Meant to Be/Destined) and 'You are the One for Me'. I love it too! (even if that's not You Are My Dream, still love it).

I guess I have to put it somewhere in my top three Nicky hair... So perhaps I have to let go of Sanctuary. So my revised version is:
    1. Treasure Venture (glad you like Ruohan's style too, V!)
    2. You are my dream (when his character was in the ancient era)
    3. Hero on the Silk Road

OT: how did Legolas and the elves keep their hair neat? They must have a spell for it, no? I guess that's also Du Ping's secret (in XMSY).

Since u mentioned about hairdo.....went back to check through.....hmm mm...my order....
    1. Days of Morning Glory (I like the modern flurry hair.....he looks so cool.....)
    2. You are my dream (yup, the ancient hairdo looks better and I think it is also similar to the other one mentioned by Vienne94.)
    3. Treasure venture ( yet to watch it but I like the hairdo)

Has anyone seen "You are my Dream?" Would you recommend it?

Yeah, I did. It's not subtitled, so I only understand 50% of it. But it was good, short (3 eps!) and Nicky was very cute with his long hair. Ma Tian Yu was also there! It was about four people who met in the past (Ming Dynasty?) and then met again in modern age.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euj8l...ure=plpp_video

Teresa, you can watch Treasure Venture here:
    http://www.ancientchinese.net/series/treasureventure/
    or here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKqhjR8R-qY

Yeah, I did. It's not subtitled, so I only understand 50% of it. But it was good, short (3 eps!) and Nicky was very cute with his long hair. Ma Tian Yu was also there! It was about four people who met in the past (Ming Dynasty?) and then met again in modern age.

or here:
    ooooo! links! awesome! hehehe thanks Icha Pavati! i shall watch them too.. hehe ^^

and resident weibo-stalker has more nicky photos! hahahaa

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/5f266ecbjw1dqen9kmd6wj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/4b79ffdbjw1dqepzd2ms7j.jpg')

nicky.. <3

Thanks, Icha. I try to catch it.

Vienne94, the song in " You are my Dream", 注定, zhuding is a very beautiful song. In fact, one of Nicky's favorite as he once commented about it. The song featured two Korean actor and actress.....

or here:
    Thanks for the link! Was this a movie? Or a mini drama? I cheated and just watched Nicky scenes. =) Goodness he looked hotted there, even against Junjin.

@ Teresa, loved the song. I don't love Nicky's voice but it sounds really good in this song.

Which one were you asking, Vienne? The 'You are my dream' is a mini series. Only 3 eps, so you should be able to finish it in a night!

There are two versions of Zhuding. One, only Nicky singing. Two, with the Korean actress singing intermittently with Nicky. I like both, but because I was so mesmerised by any bilingual songs, I tend to like the Korean-Mandarin version better. Slightly better. The female singer was a real Korean singer. Linggluu has both versions, I think, if not the K-M version. Youtube has several of them too.

This is the Korean-Mandarin version:

This is the same song, but with English sub. Warning:

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

Nicky's character died in the ancient time :-( But the modern version has a happy ending.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/4b79ffdbjw1dqge2jy5blj.jpg')