This is the scene in The Valiant One where Nicky hurt his palm and had to be taken to hospital. Poor guy, he still tried to clown when the nurse/doctor fix his wound.
Hi Icha, thanks for the recommendation..... Treasure Venture is both entertaining and great to watch Nicky....he works well with Vicky Zhao.....enjoyed the chemistry between them.....
Hi 19, you mean you want the link to the Treasure Venture? Here it is:
The links to download are there. Also the synopsis. But Snowblue also has an old link to it:
In fact, Snowblue's old website is very beautiful. It's the most beautiful website for the Swordgirl/Treasure Venture, IMO.
Hi 19ZQ76: the link Icha has given is
There's English subtitles.....
Brief of story:
Nicky acted as an assassin, 水若寒, Shui Nuo Han brought up by an eunuch, sent to Japan to learn martial arts. He was sent on mission to steal a star shaped key from the household of the minister of war (I think so). There he met 陆建萍，Lu Jian Ping, daughter of the minister played by Vicky Zhao. Lu has been brought up like a boy and dressed like one too. The story unfolded as they fell in love, only to discover that Shui was the one who stole the key and the deeds he had done under order of the eunuch. Lu was heart broken and fell into a valley where she learnt new skills. They met again and rediscovered the love and also the actual identity of Shui. Both then overcome the odds together.
There are actually quite a lot of happenings in between. Vicky is very lively in her role and I do enjoy the chemistry between her and Nicky. Nicky is really young looking here as compared to another male lead, prince 2 whose love for Lu is actually rather touching.
Hope I give you an idea to watch....
Icha & Teresalen
Thank you very much for the links & info.
I did some search and got directed to ancientchinese.net too
Nicky with Andy Lau! They were in this terrible movie together called Battle of Wits. Fan Bing Bing was completely wasted there. Anyway, still hope they can collaborate together in a better project.
I ship Shi-Harem
I am new here. Just wanted to share my thoughts on some old productions of of Nicky Wu that I have been watching since Bu Bu Jing Xin started me getting interested in his dramas.
1) Treasure Venture with Vicky- Like his chemistry with Vicky although story a bit draggy in some parts.
2) Xiao Shi Yi Lang with Athena Chu - This can count as one of my favourite wuxia shows and his Xiao Shi Yi Lang here is one of my favourite of Wuxia characters - He is so lively, playful and charming here. Very different from the Fourth Prince character which is so serious.
3) Shan Niang -His character is too devoted and focussed on loving the main girl without no other interest/ focus/ direction in his life and the story is too focussed on the girl. Not one of my favourite characters.
4) Never Say Goodbye with Athena Chu - I like this movie although it is very heartbreaking. Athena gave a very good performance and Nicky is cool and handsome here.
5) Hero on the Silk Road with Teresa Lee & Ma Su - Most unsatisfactory which is a pity as it has potential. I found Ma Su's character quite annoying and one dimension and repetitive. There are too many characters and it is shot like an arthouse movie with no CGI which is a mistake for a wuxia drama. I like Teresa's character which is more multi-layered & interesting with more tension with Nicky Wu. I wish the director had told their story better with at least some lovey dovey scenes together where Nicky's character can show more emotions/ feelings for Teresa's character or threy at least hold each other and cried after meeting again after 3 years. They should have ended up together or at least have a goodbye scene where Nicky telling her that he will wait for her in Central Plains when she finish what she need to do with the sword/her sect or asking her to go back with him to Central Plains. It is so unsatisfactory that it make me want to write my own fanfic to satisfy myself.
Just wanted to let out my frustration.
Anyone having same or different thoughts on above shows.
Hi Tianqin: welcome.
I am also watching Nicky's old productions. Currently watching 少年王, not sure about the English title though. It's about Nicky acting as Wisely, a sort of sci-fic drama set in the 1920s......he looks boyish in the show.
I agree with you as I like the Xiao Shiyilang whom he played. The chemistry he had with Anthena was good. Have yet to watch silk road.... Think will kiv first with your feedback. I think the earlier posts also reflected that the production was not very well done too. I do like the modern show, Remember I Love You. Though it did not have a good ending. I like the modern him, the character reminded me a lot of his actual personality. The chemistry he had with the female lead was good. The drama is a Taiwan production, thus a bit draggy at times....it's known also as 牵牛花开的日子。
I don't think LSS had any fight scenes in LOCH08 that were really fast or required or really physically difficult like some of her fight scenes in Strange Hero were (aside from balance and flexibility, which LSS should be fine with considering her background).
Something that often happens is both the actor and the stunt double will do the exact same movement since the stunt double can do it better but they still want it to look real. Then, they show the actor's version in some angles like the ones closer up, and when they change angles (maybe to an angle further away or from the back), they show the double's version. In the Battle for Spouse scene in LOCH between YK and MNC, YH has LSS lifted in the air and bends her body back into a bridge. In the BTS, you can see that they did a shot with YH and LSS and they did another shot with YH and LSS's double. In the final product, they show that move from two angles: one where you can see LSS's face and one where you can't. I would assume that the angle you can't see her face is the double.
I think when you see LSS's characters doing spins both on ground and above ground, they tend to be her own version because she seems to do them really well in the BTS. But in one scene in Strange Hero, where she's balancing on someone's back and flips both directions to kick the other people, that's a high difficulty move that I don't think she would be able to do. You can see her face from one of the angles they show, so I think that's a scenario they would have had her do it in separate parts and then have a double do the full move in one go so that it can be pasted together smoothly.
To me, it generally seems like actors will try whatever they are physically capable of doing.
要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次
I also want them to be in another movie together. Funny enough, I actually quite like Battle of Wits. Nicky's character didn't do a lot, but he was impressive with his archery and eventual siding with Andy Lau. Nicky was even cute, IMO in his long messy hair he donned at the later stage. So far I know, Andy was impressed enough with Nicky to ask why they were never in the same production together before. Nicky tongue-in-cheek replied that it was because Andy never asked him to!
Well, with Si Ye and BBJX's popularity, I sure hope Andy has another script - a good script - for Nicky soon!
1. Treasure Venture: my first Nicky film, and have been in love with him ever since. Love his chemistry with Vicky there. The series didn't only tell the story of Ruohan and Jianping, that's why it can feel dragged at times, but it was a good series overall IMO.
2. Love Xiao Shi Yi Lang, but I wish we didn't have Yashu there. But of course, I'm biased. She was a good actress there.
3. Haven't seen Shan Niang, but that was where he was paired with Guo Zhenni (Lu Wu in BBJX) for the first time
4. Never say good bye... haven't seen it
5. Hero on the Silk Road: love his hair style and the natural make up and costume of all players. Wish that the story was stronger. I like his interaction with Teresa, but despise the sad ending.
I think Nicky is a strong actor, but he could end up with bad scripts that he always tried to salvage. Sometimes he succeeded, sometimes he failed. But generally, he's very good at playing layered characters.
Anyone have seen him in Ticket (2008) and the series where he was always with a little girl and a little dog? That last one was a few years back.
Everyone go watch Nicky in Young Policemen in Love (1995) with Takeshi Kaneshiro. It's my favorite Nicky movie/drama besides BBJX. The movie is hilarious (a bit slap sticky) and the men are gorgeous. The storyline is pretty good too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXJqYosfZLo