Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicky Wu (吳奇隆)

http://linggluu.tumblr.com/post/2673...erpt-on-lao-da

Shirley Dai; “he’s easily deceived and exploited by people”

(thanks to Linggluu for the translation)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6tjic383Q1qdakdd.jpg')

He calls me Qing Nu, I call him You Hun (lost soul). Actually, when I was 16, I filmed a commercial with WQL. At that time, he was too much “gah” for me (meaning the difference between an a-list star and a b-list star), but he completely doesn’t remember this. We only became friends, 7-8 years later after doing memos/promotions. He always called me Qing Nu and I just called him You Hun.

We went to film his production “The Ideal/perfect husband”, based on the the rules of the entertainment circle, to be friends you help, even if you have to compensate for it but You Hun never agreed; he only raised our salaries, over the market’s prices, afraid that we would get the worst of it.

I still remember the first time I attended a business promotion with “You Hun”. I nervously asked him, “Long Ge! Won’t I embarrass you?!” He was really astonished and laughed. “How would you embarrass me?” And then during the entire event, he held my hand and didn’t let go. When I got too overwhelmed and wanted to escape, he firmly said to me, “Don’t be afraid, don’t go, just stay by my side and you’ll be fine.” (omg, precious, amazing, awesome laoda<3)

Something strange happened after the popularity of BBJX; every time “you hun” would mention me on weibo, some of his fans would come to my weibo and yell at him. The first thing “You Hun” did was to text me and console me, and he would also not dare to mention me on weibo again, only when I finished filming a series would he say something.

We all listened to his songs growing up (even though he doesn’t like it being said that way). Within us, he has the most ability and the highest position but when we go out to do events and promotions, he would always stand on the side, and the ones he pulls to the middle will always be the rookies. He would always tell me quietly, “Xiao Qing, we need to bring more new people.”

After that, I became good friends with “You Hun”, because he’s too kind of a person, and his heart is too soft. This is his strong point but it is also his bad point. Because of this, he would easily be deceived and used by bad people. As to who these bad people are, I will not say. (cough cough, his ex-wife perhaps?)

Pole Dances to make employees (omg. what kind of a boss is this. falskfjsdl;fsd lao da T.T only you would, lao da. you are one of kind, buddy<3)

Asides from being my friend, “You Hun” is also my boss. (She’s under his company).

Sometimes when I go out to do promotions, he would nag at me alot : “This color doesn’t fit Xiao Qing!” “6cm heels won’t do! Wear at least 8cm heels!” Sometimes at the company, he would talk to me privately, “I know you don’t look like a celebrity but your profession is being a celebrity! How can you walk like that out the door?” “When you go out, put on shades!” And he would always say to me, “Dear, you can’t work all the time! You have to go on dates/have a relationship!” And then I would spit back, “Aren’t you single yourself?” Then he would silently walk away. (Girl, that was kind of low, lol)

As a boss, “You Hun” really treats his employees well. Just a little while ago, he took his earnings from filming and took his employees on a vacation and gifted everyone with notebook computer. (o.O) There are alot of company gatherings and sometimes afterwards, he’d go sing karaoke with us. the little boys in the company can even sing his songs but he would never sing his own songs. At the gatherings, if someone is unhappy, he’d go as far as to pole dance to make them happy. (SOMEONE CAPTURE THIS ON VIDEO, PLEASE).

-start of a ridiculously cute part-

Suddenly one day, “You Hun” exaggeratedly wore a black suit and carried a brief case, “zhuang mo zuo yang” (a phrase meaning to put on an act) and came to the company, I almost laughed. (lmao, then what does he usually wear to the company? /dies laughing/ he’s such a loser omg) Before, he liked people calling him “Long Ge” (elder brother Long), after BBJX became popular, he liked people calling him Si Ye (daw, this baby enjoys it :P) and then afterwards he lets everyone call him “Wu Huang” (emperor wu).

Recently, he likes people calling him Wu Lao Ban, Boss Wu (employer). But sometimes, he acts like a child, requiring someone to take care of him, coax/coddle him. When he’s sad or depressed, we’d tease him, “Mr. Wu (mister is xian sheng, 先生 but they say it 先森 xian sen , in a baby voice), what’s wrong? (zen me le -> 怎么了->zhong mo le ->肿么了呀 (baby voice).

-end-

Again, credit to Linggluu. Quick! Vote for Laoda!!!

http://linggluu.tumblr.com/post/2729...l-drama-awards

voting for 576 ; 2012 seoul international drama awards

voting times are the most stressful times ever :\ gah, but its all to bring some glory/honor for lao da, and besides. the guy’s craving to have authentic korean kimchi. SO VOTE FOR NICKY WU @ THE 2012 SEOUL DRAMA AWARDS.

because of bbjx, lao da has been nominated for the china category
    you can vote once a day via your facebook account (People’s choice) *You must LIKE korea.com in order to vote.*
    you can also vote for People’s choice via your daum account. Apparently you can register for 5 accounts with one IP address. ONE ACCOUNT CAN ONLY VOTE ONCE A DAY.
    voting started July 10,2012 and will run through August 6,2012. Ceremony: August 30,2012

voting website - facebook users

click the picture of 4th prince
    click the pink vote button at the bottom and voila

**how to create a daum account for non-koreans. credits to link’s blog

daum voting. click picture then the pink vote button.

Eh, Yuan Hong, Kevin Cheng and Liu Shi Shi are also there!

ANd when I clicked around this site:
    http://media.daum.net/entertain/show...category=china

It seems Shishi is leading the Chinese female actress in the popularity (but I don't know how to vote for Shishi, or Kevin of YH). Oooh! Will I have another LongShi moment?

I am afraid there wont be any LongShi moment as it is clearly stated in the website that there will only be one winner from each country, regardless of actor or actress.

Yeah, I saw that too the other day :-(

Well, at least Nicky is still #1 with 50.7%. Tailing him closely is Kevin Cheng with 46.9%. I hope Nicky wins, so he can go to Seoul etc. But if Kevin wins, at least it's also BBJX. LSS is at 45.3%.

hey everyone, sorry to change the topic but I just want to ask if anyone know when is 向着炮火前进 going to be air?

Not sure. My source is Linggluu and Nicky's Weibo. So far, none of them said anything about the premier of Advance towards the Fire (what's the Mandarin title again?)

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    Yeah, I saw that too the other day :-(

Well, at least Nicky is still #1 with 50.7%. Tailing him closely is Kevin Cheng with 46.9%. I hope Nicky wins, so he can go to Seoul etc. But if Kevin wins, at least it's also BBJX. LSS is at 45.3%.
    Shishi is 47.1%, Nicky is 55.5%, Kevin is 43.4%!

Yummm... I suddenly want to eat kimchi...

Sigh... I wish Shishi and Nicky will go to Korea together... but it seems it's only Nicky...so far, at least...

Shishi is 47.1%, Nicky is 55.5%, Kevin is 43.4%!

Yummm... I suddenly want to eat kimchi...

Sigh... I wish Shishi and Nicky will go to Korea together... but it seems it's only Nicky...so far, at least...
    The fact that only one person from the whole cast can win an award is huge bummer. This would be another perfect opportunity to see Shishi and Nicky grace the red carpet again as a perfect couple. I wish to see them again in another drama if BBJX 2 take a while for filming. Any news on BBJX sequel? All the hype about the sequel and now no one mentions a word about it.

Hi, I'm new...just wactched BBJX and am like totally hooked! Am going to watch some Nicky's movies/dramas...any recommendations? And I really hope that he will be in BBJX2, together with Kevin Cheng & the rest. Kind of crazy to think of having a sequel without Nicky, right? Sigh....

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl-lee View Post
    Hi, I'm new...just wactched BBJX and am like totally hooked! Am going to watch some Nicky's movies/dramas...any recommendations? And I really hope that he will be in BBJX2, together with Kevin Cheng & the rest. Kind of crazy to think of having a sequel without Nicky, right? Sigh....
    Hi Pearl,
    Welcome.....will recommend you "Xiao Shiyilang". His drama way back in 2001.

Am still hoping for BBJX 2 with the cast..... Sigh......

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl-lee View Post
    Hi Pearl-lee! 'Treasure Venture' with Vicky Zhao Wei was Nicky's first drama (2001) that I watched and instantly love. I also like his role as Li Yu in 'Li Hou Zhu yu Zhao Kuang Yin'. He was good in Andy Lau's Battle of Wits, tho Nicky's role was minor there.

According this article, Teng Jingshu says BBJX2 will start filming at year end. They still working on the script as we speak. They hope to accommodate the original cast's schedules so everyone can participate in the sequel.

So, no one said anything about Nicky not being in the sequel. Although I hope he leaves his work schedule open so there won't be any conflict with his participation. Nicky and ShiShi is the only couple I want to see in the sequel.
    NO pairing with 13th nor 14th period!!!

Here's the link:http://www.jaynestars.com/news/bu-bu...lm-at-year-end

Quote Originally Posted by babygil View Post
    According this article, Teng Jingshu says BBJX2 will start filming at year end. They still working on the script as we speak. They hope to accommodate the original cast's schedules so everyone can participate in the sequel.

So, no one said anything about Nicky not being in the sequel. Although I hope he leaves his work schedule open so there won't be any conflict with his participation. Nicky and ShiShi is the only couple I want to see in the sequel.
    NO pairing with 13th nor 14th period!!!

Here's the link:http://www.jaynestars.com/news/bu-bu...lm-at-year-end

Oh yes, that's including me....

Thanks a lot Babygil for the info!

Oh, here's a very nice article that Linggluu wrote when someone asked her why she loves Nicky so much. I agree 100% with what she said!

http://linggluu.tumblr.com/tagged/nicky_wu

Anonymous asked: Why do u like him so much?

Nicky Wu? please do not doubt my sanity as this is very very very spazzy

1. His voice.
    I originally noticed him after following Alec Su, back in 2003 (i was in 5th grade,lol) and my reactions were pretty much “oh hey he’s cute too” and realized while all three them were exceptionally talented at singing and were packaged pretty well to promote as a group, Alec and Zhi Peng had really good sounding mellow voices while he had a higher, unique voice range. I started listening to his music when I realized his voice sounded different than the other two and most singers at the time. (and now. even now, through growing up, vocal cord damage/smoking etc, I can still tell his singing voice anywhere).

2. Filial to his family
    Even though I’m a far cry from the poster child of a asian family, I really respect the fact that this guy was filial to his family. Like, he really loves them. Most of his family’s debt (Dad Wu’s failed business/borrowing money from loan sharks) were paid off by him in 12 years. During that time, he pretty much did everything and anything to get the money even if it meant being ridiculed by his own brothers.(they eventually helped pitch in though after realizing how hard he was working) Meaning going through mandarin AND cantonese albums AT THE SAME TIME (he learned a totally different dialect of chinese in just 3 months for his debut in hong kong). And taking up film offers that he and his family didn’t even like. And not sleeping for 7 days straight to work. By the time he was required to go to the army, he had to sell one of his properties just for money to support his family; going to the army meant no income at all. Oh by the way, just before the debt was paid off, he supported his brother and himself through college, on the parts that weren’t covered by scholarships AND paid for his older brother’s wedding. There was this interview that year, I forgot which one it was though, the host asked him how it felt to go home at night after working, and he said something like “I don’t know. I just wanted to go home and see no one sitting there and crying.”
    Even though he hated the idea of going in the entertainment circle and doing things like putting on make up and wearing frilly shirts with laces, he still went and did it for his family. This is a gold star in my book of …Asian-ness lol.

3. The way he treats his girlfriends and friends.

From another interview, the host asked him about his opinion on making his relationships public, and Nicky’s reply was “If you like someone, you should give them a title/status. It’s nothing to hide.” This is just lakfdl;asd/. It just shows that he’s not afraid to show who he likes.

Before he and his ex-wife got divorced, he heated up a cup of milk for her every morning, bought her nice clothes, cooked for her, and whenever she needed money, he gave it to her. She was a nobody when they met and he used his own connections to get her jobs.

When he was in the Little Tigers, he took the role of being a big brother seriously (this is the same guy who peed in a cup to give to his little brother to drink by the way). He made sure the other two had done their homework, had enough to eat, got to practice on time. Even then he already knew that CZP felt inferior to himself and Alec and he kept on supporting him and inviting him to do business together. In CZP’s biography, he had written that Nicky went to see him at his concert. I saw the video some weeks ago, and the reporter was like “Nicky, why didn’t you go up and sing?”
    And Nicky said, “Why should I sing? This is my brother’s stage, not mine.”

There are also many accounts of him being really loyal to his friends too. On weibo, he posts birthdays, book publications and many more and sends his own fans over to congratulate and support!

Also, I’d like to say that it actually takes very little for him to appreciate/return the love back. All his ex-wife did got to impress him was making soup for him while he was sick.

He cries when he see’s fans supporting him. The bottom line is : shower him with love and affection and he’s basically putty in your hands. Just kidding. But seriously though.

4. He is an amazing boss who pole dances for his employees.

5. The days when his inner 4 year old comes out.
    One of the reasons i love him the most. Like faces and the pouting he does on reality programs. And basically ALL the behind the scenes photos of him filming his dramas. And his thing with lollipops oh my god. And his puffy faces. There is honestly at least one puffy face in every single one of his events. I swear.
    And his iphone case is a panda one. And when through the paris videos, he’s wearing pink bowties and wiggling his butt and making kissing faces left and right.
    He’s also moving around all the time, goodness. flksdfsd

6. He works so so so hard He doesn’t even have enough to time to sleep . Right now his schedule pretty much rivals the way it was back in the 90s i bet. Filming , and then meetings that end way past midnight, and then interviews and events to rush to during the day. I know this is the schedule for most celebrities but this is also a 41 year old man living on ramen, coffee, cigarettes and less than 10 hours of sleep a week And added on the fact that he never uses body doubles and injures himself at least once every few months, this is lethal. He also does everything the best he can, hoping to give everyone the best final product. That includes filming and on variety shows even. This is one of the reasons why he became friends with Happy Camp; they were impressed with his determination and sincerity.

He gives everything his all. In the entertainment circle, he’s famous for doing his stunts himself as well as being a workaholic.

7. How much he loves his fans. At every single awards ceremony for the past year, Nicky never failed to mention the word “Pandas”. He keeps the house pandas made for him in his office. And he dedicated an entire photobook for us, and even pulled money out of his own pocket to make it better :\ And he stays on weibo to reply to us. Honestly, I don’t know any other celebrity who stays on a social networking website to reply to his fans at 3AM. And also post on the day of his grandmother’s funeral not to worry and be happy, go on with your day etc. Seriously. What kind of man is this? A family member passed away and he came on weibo to tell us he won’t be on for the day. fsdlkfasd;fds<3 Also, he knows that alot of kids like us will travel to go see him on set, so he specifically warned the more pervy/lecherous staff not to talk to them. On more than one occasion, he specifically saw fans off or sent his manager to see that they left safely.

This is just some of the many reasons why I love him so much; i don’t think anyone wants to read beyond this haha. He’s beautiful inside and out<3

END OF QUOTE

Thanks Icha for the suggestions (on Nicky's movies..) and I agree too with what Linggluu has written about Nicky. What she said is so true of the man...a persoan always has a choice. He doesn't have to do the things that he has done for his family/friends and fans alike but the fact that does makes him the beautiful person he is... To quote Linggluu, "He is beautiful...inside and out"

Thanks a lot Babygil for the info!

Oh, here's a very nice article that Linggluu wrote when someone asked her why she loves Nicky so much. I agree 100% with what she said!

http://linggluu.tumblr.com/tagged/nicky_wu

Anonymous asked: Why do u like him so much?

Nicky Wu? please do not doubt my sanity as this is very very very spazzy

1. His voice.
    I originally noticed him after following Alec Su, back in 2003 (i was in 5th grade,lol) and my reactions were pretty much “oh hey he’s cute too” and realized while all three them were exceptionally talented at singing and were packaged pretty well to promote as a group, Alec and Zhi Peng had really good sounding mellow voices while he had a higher, unique voice range. I started listening to his music when I realized his voice sounded different than the other two and most singers at the time. (and now. even now, through growing up, vocal cord damage/smoking etc, I can still tell his singing voice anywhere).

2. Filial to his family
    Even though I’m a far cry from the poster child of a asian family, I really respect the fact that this guy was filial to his family. Like, he really loves them. Most of his family’s debt (Dad Wu’s failed business/borrowing money from loan sharks) were paid off by him in 12 years. During that time, he pretty much did everything and anything to get the money even if it meant being ridiculed by his own brothers.(they eventually helped pitch in though after realizing how hard he was working) Meaning going through mandarin AND cantonese albums AT THE SAME TIME (he learned a totally different dialect of chinese in just 3 months for his debut in hong kong). And taking up film offers that he and his family didn’t even like. And not sleeping for 7 days straight to work. By the time he was required to go to the army, he had to sell one of his properties just for money to support his family; going to the army meant no income at all. Oh by the way, just before the debt was paid off, he supported his brother and himself through college, on the parts that weren’t covered by scholarships AND paid for his older brother’s wedding. There was this interview that year, I forgot which one it was though, the host asked him how it felt to go home at night after working, and he said something like “I don’t know. I just wanted to go home and see no one sitting there and crying.”
    Even though he hated the idea of going in the entertainment circle and doing things like putting on make up and wearing frilly shirts with laces, he still went and did it for his family. This is a gold star in my book of …Asian-ness lol.

3. The way he treats his girlfriends and friends.

From another interview, the host asked him about his opinion on making his relationships public, and Nicky’s reply was “If you like someone, you should give them a title/status. It’s nothing to hide.” This is just lakfdl;asd/. It just shows that he’s not afraid to show who he likes.

Before he and his ex-wife got divorced, he heated up a cup of milk for her every morning, bought her nice clothes, cooked for her, and whenever she needed money, he gave it to her. She was a nobody when they met and he used his own connections to get her jobs.

When he was in the Little Tigers, he took the role of being a big brother seriously (this is the same guy who peed in a cup to give to his little brother to drink by the way). He made sure the other two had done their homework, had enough to eat, got to practice on time. Even then he already knew that CZP felt inferior to himself and Alec and he kept on supporting him and inviting him to do business together. In CZP’s biography, he had written that Nicky went to see him at his concert. I saw the video some weeks ago, and the reporter was like “Nicky, why didn’t you go up and sing?”
    And Nicky said, “Why should I sing? This is my brother’s stage, not mine.”

There are also many accounts of him being really loyal to his friends too. On weibo, he posts birthdays, book publications and many more and sends his own fans over to congratulate and support!

Also, I’d like to say that it actually takes very little for him to appreciate/return the love back. All his ex-wife did got to impress him was making soup for him while he was sick.

He cries when he see’s fans supporting him. The bottom line is : shower him with love and affection and he’s basically putty in your hands. Just kidding. But seriously though.

4. He is an amazing boss who pole dances for his employees.

5. The days when his inner 4 year old comes out.
    One of the reasons i love him the most. Like faces and the pouting he does on reality programs. And basically ALL the behind the scenes photos of him filming his dramas. And his thing with lollipops oh my god. And his puffy faces. There is honestly at least one puffy face in every single one of his events. I swear.
    And his iphone case is a panda one. And when through the paris videos, he’s wearing pink bowties and wiggling his butt and making kissing faces left and right.
    He’s also moving around all the time, goodness. flksdfsd

6. He works so so so hard He doesn’t even have enough to time to sleep . Right now his schedule pretty much rivals the way it was back in the 90s i bet. Filming , and then meetings that end way past midnight, and then interviews and events to rush to during the day. I know this is the schedule for most celebrities but this is also a 41 year old man living on ramen, coffee, cigarettes and less than 10 hours of sleep a week And added on the fact that he never uses body doubles and injures himself at least once every few months, this is lethal. He also does everything the best he can, hoping to give everyone the best final product. That includes filming and on variety shows even. This is one of the reasons why he became friends with Happy Camp; they were impressed with his determination and sincerity.

He gives everything his all. In the entertainment circle, he’s famous for doing his stunts himself as well as being a workaholic.

7. How much he loves his fans. At every single awards ceremony for the past year, Nicky never failed to mention the word “Pandas”. He keeps the house pandas made for him in his office. And he dedicated an entire photobook for us, and even pulled money out of his own pocket to make it better :\ And he stays on weibo to reply to us. Honestly, I don’t know any other celebrity who stays on a social networking website to reply to his fans at 3AM. And also post on the day of his grandmother’s funeral not to worry and be happy, go on with your day etc. Seriously. What kind of man is this? A family member passed away and he came on weibo to tell us he won’t be on for the day. fsdlkfasd;fds<3 Also, he knows that alot of kids like us will travel to go see him on set, so he specifically warned the more pervy/lecherous staff not to talk to them. On more than one occasion, he specifically saw fans off or sent his manager to see that they left safely.

This is just some of the many reasons why I love him so much; i don’t think anyone wants to read beyond this haha. He’s beautiful inside and out<3

END OF QUOTE

Hi Teresalen, thanks for the suggestion. I love watching the guy....

These photographs are so goofy (the last one, at least), but somehow the pic of Laoda in white, carrying a sword, mesmerises me... I love that white robe, btw. So grand...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m84mj0Ojhu1qdakdd.jpg')

Oh, and Linggluu reported that The White Haired Maiden (I always fail to remember the official name) will air this year! Yay!

what do i do omg omg omg

向着炮火前进 is rumored to air in October and

lao da said that 新白发魔女传 is GOING AIR THIS YEAR.\

and xing ming shi ye is supposed to air soon.

fasdlkfjds;fds fasdfsdj;lfdslfsd/.

He's going to Italy! For magazine photoshoot, and hopefully some holiday. Yay!!!

http://linggluu.tumblr.com/post/2862...8-03-2012-pt-2

8/04/2012, 12:23am: Safely arrived in Beijing, thanks for the children’s welcome. Coming next is Italy’s mission. PS: good friends @i唐锐 @七月格桑花 @龚宇 looking forward to everyone. @暈他們 (make them dizzy) Children, go!

have fun in italy<333
    Do we have Pandas in Italy??

Nicky is going to Korea!!!!! He is with 416,441 votes, while Kevin is with 369,684 votes (good enough, Kevin dear!)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8c3uoiXwx1qdakdd.jpg')

Too bad Shishi isn’t going to Korea…

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8c3wdo2Vb1qdakdd.jpg')

But even if she wins the female one, she can’t go, cos there’s only ONE actor or actress in China that can go :-(

Ah, well… more reason for Nicky to ask her for a kimchi date in Seoul one day… ;-p

And he is already in Italy now! Yay!!!

8/06/2012, 10:29pm: Successfully arrived in Rome. Don’t worry/rest your worries! Dad is going to find (some) golden haired ladies/concubines now!
    Pictures and news thanks to Linggluu.
    Last edited by Icha Parvati; 08-06-12 at 12:05 PM.