Thread: internal energy? see for yourself

Default internal energy? see for yourself

http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1128942251

watch the vedio and see for youself. this is a fox report news from chicago.
    this guy uses "dim mack?" the pressure point to stun people. like acupuncture cept with his hands. that maybe some sort of evidence for higher martial arts in the ancient such as the ones describe in yin yongs characters?

cool acting by the way if it is fake
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

omg so suss....

He only does it on his own students, and when he tries some other stuff on other random people there is no effect -_-;;

But it is good acting by his subordinate though....
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

Quote Originally Posted by kamii
    omg so suss....

He only does it on his own students, and when he tries some other stuff on other random people there is no effect -_-;;

But it is good acting by his subordinate though....
    Wrong. This kind of things almost always work like that: master can apply it to his/her own students, but not to other people. That doesn't mean it's fake, and it surely isn't acting. It's actually a very common martial arts phenomenon.

Martial artists are more sensitive to qi projection, and especially students of the same master are more "tuned" to one another... Those outside the martial arts community often do not respond to qi projection. They have to undergo certain forms of meditation in order to make it work.

That's why qi projection has no fighting value, but it can be used for training and healing.
    ¹ï ¼Ä ¶· ¬½ ¡A ±Ù ¯ó °£ ®Ú ¡A ¨k ¤k ¦Ñ ¥® ¡A ¤£ ¯d ¤@ ¤H

i wonder if his master learned it from a Chinese decendent or maybe some other Asian people
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Quote Originally Posted by Laviathan
    Wrong. This kind of things almost always work like that: master can apply it to his/her own students, but not to other people. That doesn't mean it's fake, and it surely isn't acting. It's actually a very common martial arts phenomenon.

Martial artists are more sensitive to qi projection, and especially students of the same master are more "tuned" to one another... Those outside the martial arts community often do not respond to qi projection. They have to undergo certain forms of meditation in order to make it work.

That's why qi projection has no fighting value, but it can be used for training and healing.
    I'd have to disagree with you here; if it doesn't work on the audience, it's magic -- David Copperfield, not Wang ChongYang.

My Hung Gar teacher taught us a meditation form called Wuji Qigong (once very popular in the Shanghai region), and during meditation he could pull and push some of us from a distance of about 1.5 meters.

Those whose bodies responded (including me) were either advanced students or very soft and relaxed physically. Other people didn't react at all.

I've seen similar things in China, and in each case only students of the teacher are receptive to his Qi.

It's not magic. It's just a common Qigong phenomenon. Nothing special or spectacular about it.
    ¹ï ¼Ä ¶· ¬½ ¡A ±Ù ¯ó °£ ®Ú ¡A ¨k ¤k ¦Ñ ¥® ¡A ¤£ ¯d ¤@ ¤H

What exactly is Qi and Qi Gong anyway?

And how can it be interpreted/explained scientifically?

this is my first post here, I am generally more interested in discussing fiction but I'll just say this...

...'chi projection' does have combat/fighting application... against 'uncoopoerative' targets it generally manifests itself in what would be termed in the west as 'a vicious beating'.

it's hard to prove to the skeptical the difference between 'chi/interal energy' and just plain hitting them really hard. no one would volunteer to have their ribs cracked, or believe you if you told them 'it was chi' when you broke their arm...

it's like trying to discern the ingriedents in a gourmet meal, if you're not paying attention, or have no experience with fine foods you might miss certain flavors.

after many years I've given up trying to 'prove' or explain the subtlties, and just fight.

looking forward to learning alot about wuxia.

I'm very skeptical on qi gong....

Just that i never really seen anything of the sort performed in front of my eyes, never had any experience for myself. If there really is qi gong.......wonder if you can use it like in wuxia: scale walls, jump 30 feet, run across water?? LOL
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

yea....and my wing chun mastercould hold my hand very gently and i could feel some stange force go through my body

jumping walls, running on water, fighting in bamboo tops... that's calling LING gong (or hing gong, or ching gong, depending on the transliteration) "Lightbody" "lightfoot" "Lightness" "levitation skills"

supposedly this ability/skill wasn't passed on from the generation of martial artists around the turn of the century... with the invention of firearms, who had time to practice 20 years, just to get blown away by a dope with a gun?

that's the story anyway...

Qi Gong is for health, and healing. Lower your blood pressure, increase your immunity, put the 'iron body' back in your sexlife... that sort of thing. qi gong works like accupuncture from the inside out... but I am sure that if there's one thing that modern times have taught us, it's that herbs and accupuncutre are worthless

as far as circus tricks, and fighting go... people who know these things aren't trained dogs. they're very few, and far between, and pretty private (or secretive) about their skills...

anyway, chopping down mountains, breaking steel, shooting fire ball palm strikes, that's all wuxia novel stuff... like western superhero comics... real martial arts are a pain in the *** to learn, and take a long time, and lots of hard work...

but if you're interested in this sort of thing there's an interesting book called 'the magus of java' that reads an awful lot like a wuxia... check it out if you want.