Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You Tan Zhi is the only real man in the JY Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Hanky Panky
    In no way was I insulting your intelligence. I just find it hard to accept that phrase being used in conversation, it just doesn’t sound right. Unless the phrase has been conventional as of late and I’ve been residing in a cardboard box.

From my point of view:

我既中文有限公司
    Ngoh geh jungman yauhaan gungsi : sounds weird.

本人的中文有限公司
    Benren de zhongwen youhen gongsi: I don’t think I need to dispute that this won’t turn up in the conversation of a Mandarin speaker.
    Because this phrase is only use among cantonese speakers. Of course u you won't find it in a conversation of a Mandarin speaker. Not every word use in a Mandarin speaker's conversation wll be found in a Cantonese speaker's conversation either. Yeah, Mandarin is the official dialect in China, but that does not mean all speakers of other dialect must use only words that are use in Mandarin speaker's conversation. Every dialect has it's own flavour, has words that are only found in said dialect. 'Ngoh geh jungman yauhaan gungsi' may sound weird when u just read it out like that, but if u add some end sound like 'lah, 'eh' or something other words that are use in Cantonese conversation and speak it with the right intonation, it sounds fine.

Ok. Next time I will only use proper chinese phrase/word found in standard chinese texbook. Satisfied?
    Last edited by kidd; 10-16-05 at 09:08 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Ok. Next time I will only use proper chinese phrase/word found in standard chinese texbook. Satisfied?
    No, do continue speaking these interesting HK/Cantonese slang. Who will then help me understand these phrases when I head back to HK or the Guang province in the future?

wow. I don't want to insult the girl who wrote this essay...but it's...just...I can't even think of a proper word to describe it. Let's just be happy that all of the "real men" in the JY universe aren't like You Tan Zi.
    Here's a llama
    There's a llama
    And another little llama
    Fuzzy llama
    Funny llama
    Llama llama duck

Llama llama
    Cheesecake llama
    Tablet brick potato llama...

That's just the tip of the iceberg man...there are far more 'Crouching Tigers and Hidden Dragons' in the Chinese community.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanky Panky
    No, do continue speaking these interesting HK/Cantonese slang. Who will then help me understand these phrases when I head back to HK or the Guang province in the future?
    Haha. ok. . Sorry for being so workup. I'll not hijack this thread anymore. I'll stop here and go back to topic.

Ah, yes, us Cantonese folks have some rather... interesting expressions... Just visit any HK-based forums and you will see. I am rather sad to see that HK people don't even bother to write in proper Chinese anymore.

We even enjoy modifying our own dialect.

Randomly select 10 Cantonese speakers off the street, and I would estimate at least about 2/3 of them can't speak proper Cantonese. I grew up in a village near Foshan, where we have our unorthodox word intonations in our Foshanese Cantonese dialect, but I was very conscious of speaking proper Guangzhou Cantonese when I was in school in China because I didn't want to be laughed at, so that's probably why I can properly pronounce Cantonese. However, young people nowadays, those in urban/suburban areas in particular, sort of take Cantonese for granted.

I digress. Again.
    This account is retired.

Edited as requested by the the powers that be:

Hi, newbies who have not seen this thread,

What do u think about the points listed out by the author of the article that supported her reason for naming You Tan Zhi as the only real man in the JY Universe?
    Last edited by kidd; 05-28-06 at 11:24 PM.

Remember that if you choose to revive a topic, add something constructive or new. Please don't just bump for the sake of bumping.

YTZ is a headless chicken, blinded by impossible love. Being a real man should have a own conscience and mind to see through obsession. Being mindlessly possessed by a woman doesn't mean your a man.
    YG is a real man. Why should he jump the cliff... when it said on the wall that she should return 16 years later. Would he rather die in impatience than to hold on to the slimmest of hope?

YTZ a real man ? Psssh !!
    If YTZ killed her right away after she threw his eye balls, I will admit he's the man !

Glad I'm not living in the same dictionary with whoever came up with that idea. But hey, at least I can have a perspective view from an obsessed stalker.
    Last edited by Naruto-kun; 05-29-06 at 02:31 AM.
    Liberalism is not a philosophy. It's a mental disorder. -- Michael Savage.

Seriously.. Candide's description of that author being a feminazi is pretty much an understatement.. No offence.. Candide..

A true man is not defined by his hopeless and blind devotion towards a girl, and would waste his whole life, dignity and conscience.

What a true man YTZ was.. In his heart there is only Ah Zi.. While some girls find it admirable(not referring to anybody in particular), they didn't notice that he had wasted all his dignity away, something a true man must always have. What's so nice to have a dog as a lover when you could have a real man?

Take XF for example. Although Ah zhu died, he knows that it is his duty to die and accompany her in the netherworld too as her lover. But his time does not end there. Because a man's life does not consist of only woman and love, XF had the sense to search for the person who killed his parents and avenged his parents before going.

If YG foolishly jumped down without waiting, and XLN really met this non-existent South Nun and survived. After 16 years she would return and search for YG just to realise that he had already died. They would never be reunited again.

Sometimes wits take part in making one a true man too..

So....when is YTZ appreciation day? I've got cake!

Seriously, if I ever meet someone like YTZ, I would set upon him like the wrath of the Cobra Kai after the halloween party. It would be for his own good.
    Last edited by JigSta; 05-30-06 at 02:41 PM.
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Quote Originally Posted by qiaofeng
    wow, this is interesting. you tanzi loves ahzi deeply and unconditionally, i guess most girls would be touched. but to subject himself to all sort of torture and abuses from someone who didnt in the least bit return his affection ? thats just plain moronic. she slapped an iron mask on his face, treats him worst than an animal, makes him stick his head in a lions cage for her amusement and whips him, then poisons him so she can learn hua gong da fa. the disturbing thing is that he does all these willingly. + he gives her his eyes, only to have it thrown back at him. wtf ?? u call that a real man ?? this guy has less pride than pansy boy duanyu
    There's only one explanation behind his love...

YTZ is a masochist. c.c;

Honestly, that's the only reason I can think of why he's still so madly obsessed (in love) with Ah Zi even when she treated him the way she did. e.e;
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

If I was a chic, I wouldn't mind having YTZ. He wouldn't cheat on me and treat me like a queen. He could do ALL the chores around the house (in and out), buy groceries, wash my feet, work to earn money, bring up the kids, give feet massages, kiss my feet, cut my toe nails, manicure my toe nails, polish my shoes, beat up everyone I don't like, including mother and father in law; all while I watch sports TV and drink beer and burp.

my gawd, if im ahzi i seriously cant like ytz, hes an obsessive masochist stalker!

You Tanzhi is a dog with a leash around his neck, and the person holding it is Ah Zhi, he was so thick in the end not to even realise that alkthough he loved her so much she treated him like scrap, ruining his image wtf after that he stil dosen't realise, u gottta rep him for his dedication but his stupidity out weighs any good he has. The dude can't think for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    If I was a chic, I wouldn't mind having YTZ. He wouldn't cheat on me and treat me like a queen. He could do ALL the chores around the house (in and out), buy groceries, wash my feet, work to earn money, bring up the kids, give feet massages, kiss my feet, cut my toe nails, manicure my toe nails, polish my shoes, beat up everyone I don't like, including mother and father in law; all while I watch sports TV and drink beer and burp.

But that's not a life partner, that's more of a slave..

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Aquaris
    What a true man YTZ was.. In his heart there is only Ah Zi.. While some girls find it admirable(not referring to anybody in particular), they didn't notice that he had wasted all his dignity away, something a true man must always have. What's so nice to have a dog as a lover when you could have a real man?
    I think in all society, pragmatism is relevant. suppose that ytz looks like zwj or as rich as an emperor, ah zhi will more likely to fall in love with him.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    I think in all society, pragmatism is relevant. suppose that ytz looks like zwj or as rich as an emperor, ah zhi will more likely to fall in love with him.
    Are you sure? Ah Zi was attracted to Xiao Feng because of his suaveness/ cool attitude/ high martial arts, I'm sure she would never take someone who behaves so lowly, regardless of how good his social status or his looks..

btw, are you implying ZWJ has good looks? I don't remember any part mentioning he is good looking..

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_Aquaris
    btw, are you implying ZWJ has good looks? I don't remember any part mentioning he is good looking..
    Isn't ZWH supposed to look like his mom? Since 99% of major female characters in JY novels are drop dead gorgeous, Yin Su Su should be so. So, ZWJ's look should be pretty good.