Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who have the highest internal power in JY universe?

Default Who have the highest internal power in JY universe?

In terms of internal energy abundance, who in JY universe have the highest? There exist certain folks who have very high power but no technique (Jue Yuan). I would like to see a good size list ranking, starting with, most likely, sweeper monk and Xu Zhu
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

In terms of inner power, all the best fighters will have high inner power.

Not ranking but listing:-

DGSD

Sweeper Monk
    TSTL
    Lee Chiu Shui
    WYZ
    XZ
    DY
    QF
    QF's dad
    MYB
    JMZ
    YTZ

(That's the top 11 for DGSD. The rest like DCC, MYF, and the rest of Duan family and Shaolin masters are below these).

Between DGSD and Condor Trilogy

DGKB
    HS

Condor Trilogy

WCY
    HYS
    OYF
    YD
    H7G
    ZBT
    GJ
    YG
    KCY
    Z3F
    Golden Wheel Monk
    ZWJ

(That's the top 13. I didn't include LCY as tomb sect martial arts do emphasize technique > inner power, she sure qualify to join those on top. Others like HR, XLN, MCF etc are less powerful)

[Too lazy/uninterested to do SOD, Sword Stained with blood, SPT's story, and others]

In a few minutes, I've come up with a preliminary ranking of people that I know with highest internal energy. They have been separated into groups. Do you notice anyone missing or misranked? (I certainly don't consider them 100% correct so I am mostly interested in missing names)

Highest Internal Energy:

1. Sweeper Monk, Xu Zhu

2. Tianshan Tonglao, Li Qiushui, Wuyazi
    (Dugu Qiubai)

3. Duan Yu, You Tanzhi, Xiao Feng, Xiao Yuanshan, Murong Buo, Jiu Muozhi, Shi Potian

4. Guo Jing, Yang Guo, Zhang Sanfeng, Zhang Wuji, Zhou Botong, Golden Wheel Monk, Jue Yuan, Greats {4}, Dongfang Bubai, Qiu Qianren
    (Huang Shang)

5. Kurong, Lord Long and Lord Mu, Abbot Xuanci, Duan Yanqing, Duan Zhengming, Ding Chunqiu, Su Xinghe, Murong Fu
    (Wang Chongyang)

6. Xuan Ming elders {2}, Abbot Benyin and his fellow monks, Three Divine Monks of Shaolin, Kongjian

7. Zhang San and Li Si, Cheng Kun, He Zudao, A Da, A Er, A San, Abbot Kongwen, Kongzhi, Two Demons of Hejian Bu Tai and Hao Mi

8. Feng Qingyang, Fang Zheng, Ren Woxing, Xiao Longnu, Huang Rong, etc...

Given the fact that after the end of ROCH, XLN went back to the tomb and had some chances to sleep on her bed. I suspect that her inner power might have been increased.

I thought she prefer to sleep on a rope
    Guo Jing > Yang Guo. Book it, you morons!

I'd bump Duan Yu up half a level to a level (after all, on TOP of everyone else he drained, he also fully drained JMZ, who is about the same as XF), bump Shi Potian up a level, bump Yang Guo down, bump FCY and HR wayyyy down, bump RWX and Fang Zhen up at least two levels.

Originally posted by Thai guy
    Given the fact that after the end of ROCH, XLN went back to the tomb and had some chances to sleep on her bed. I suspect that her inner power might have been increased.
    I don't think that bed really help. It probably only keep her internal energy in shape not increases.
    Suppose doing push up, or sit up. A practicer can begin at 10 push up a day. But doing 10 everyday wouldn't increase your strength, so the practicer would have to increase the number of push up each day(suppose 10 more a day) to increase his own strength. Or in weight lifting increase the weight.

the method of the ice bed- is execise your internal energy while you are sleeping instead of completely resting.
    So to increase your internal energy in this situation is either to sleep or lay on the bed longer(imagine laying on a bed for about a month or more) or lower the temperature of the bed to make it colder(which is impossible).

To me sleeping on an ice bed for a month is waste of time. because you can increase your internal energy in other way which is more better. Look at Yang Guo with his Dugu training, it is just like the ice bed training, but taken to extreme.

also I remember Guo Jing did something similar to the ice bed with his training with Ma Yu in mongol. and his result is much greater than XLN and without the ice-bed.
    Last edited by TaiHan; 01-28-04 at 01:42 AM.

Originally posted by Ren Wo Xing
    I'd bump Duan Yu up half a level to a level (after all, on TOP of everyone else he drained, he also fully drained JMZ, who is about the same as XF), bump Shi Potian up a level, bump Yang Guo down, bump FCY and HR wayyyy down, bump RWX and Fang Zhen up at least two levels.
    Explain on why YG should be lower.
    Yo momma cat

Originally posted by PJ

3. Duan Yu, You Tanzhi, Xiao Feng, Xiao Yuanshan, Murong Buo, Jiu Muozhi, Shi Potian

4. Guo Jing, Yang Guo, Zhang Sanfeng, Zhang Wuji, Zhou Botong, Golden Wheel Monk, Jue Yuan, Greats {4}, Dongfang Bubai, Qiu Qianren
    (Huang Shang)

5. Kurong, Lord Long and Lord Mu, Abbot Xuanci, Duan Yanqing, Duan Zhengming, Ding Chunqiu, Su Xinghe, Murong Fu
    (Wang Chongyang)

6. Xuan Ming elders {2}, Abbot Benyin and his fellow monks, Three Divine Monks of Shaolin, Kongjian

7. Zhang San and Li Si, Cheng Kun, He Zudao, A Da, A Er, A San, Abbot Kongwen, Kongzhi, Two Demons of Hejian Bu Tai and Hao Mi

If the palm wind from Lord Long and Mu could smash walls, I think their inner energy should rank up there with the ROCH Greats.

I wouldn't rank He Zudao below the Xuan Ming elders either.

Anyway, its all debatable.

Does XZ equal with sweeper monk in inner power?
    When you feel like you're the POOREST man in the world ....
    COUNT your BLESSING, then suddenly you are one of the RICHEST man in the universe!

See the other thread about the Sweeper Monk and XZ. Most think that Sweeper Monk had higher internal energy.

Explain on why YG should be lower.
    RWX: YG should be on the same level as the Greats. He is at least as good as Huang Yaoshi and better than GWM. Also GWM =~ HYS.

Looks a lot like the ultimate JY ranking.

Anyway, DFBB's position is up for debate. If you put SPT quite high up because of his ability to fight and win with ease over the two best fighters of his era at once, the same arguement can be made for DFBB. Granted that SPT is an exceptional case of the rare yin and yang in perfect balance.

Duan Yanqing, Duan Zhengming, Ding Chunqiu are three persons whose inner energy may exceed the greats. Certainly learning even one of the stance from 6MSJ requires sufficient level of inner energy, and while none of the 6 monks in DGSD reached the presumed level 1 of 1 yang finger, the case for Yi Deng that he reached the pinnacle of Yi Yang finger is far from proven.

Kau Cheen Yan (QQR) should be a bit below the greats.

"Looks a lot like the ultimate JY ranking"

You noticed eh? Yep, I basically took the names from that list and rearranged them a bit.

"Certainly learning even one of the stance from 6MSJ requires sufficient level of inner energy"

So I have a Q: didn't Duan Yu learn all 6 stances of 6MSJ? does that mean when Duan Yu learned 6MSJ, his internal energy was much higher than his uncle Duan Zhengming?

"If you put SPT quite high up because of his ability to fight and win with ease over the two best fighters of his era"

Well, it's not that simple of course. But if we did it that way, then SPT should be considered superior to two DFBBs. I look at it this way:

-both XKX and XAJH take place in the Ming dynasty, so the fighters in general should be comparable.
    -in XAJH, DFBB is vastly superior to the next best fighters: RWX, LHC, etc.
    -in XKX, Zhang San and Li Si are already superior to the next best fighters: Bai Zizai, Xie Yanke, etc. On another level, Lord Long and Lord Mu are still superior to Zhang San and Li Si.
    -So, the 2 Lords should at least be equal to DFBB in this comparison (assuming both eras have same level fighters, which I personally think is otherwise, but just for sake of this comparison). And they are vastly inferior to SPT.

"Kau Cheen Yan (QQR) should be a bit below the greats."

But perhaps not enough to bump him down to the next class.

"bump FCY and HR wayyyy down, bump RWX and Fang Zhen up at least two levels."

You think the discrepency between Feng Qingyang and RWX (granted, I take your name as a sign of your liking) is like comparing Yelu Qi to Guo Jing?
    Last edited by PJ; 01-28-04 at 02:22 PM.

FQY was a martial arts artist on the same level as RWX...but as a SWORDSMAN. Even if his overall martial arts are on the same level, RWX's internal energy was definitely greater; just look at the way the two were described in the book. Basically, FQY was described as having excellent/strong internal energy, whereas RWX was described as having monstrous internal energy.

With regard to Yang Guo, once again, in overall martial arts, he's as good as the 4 Great's and better than JLWF, but in terms of pure internal energy cultivation, he wasn't nearly as good as Guo Jing.

RWX: but if FQY is THAT much behind RWX in internal energy (5 or 6 classes below as you're suggesting), he won't have a chance in battle - FQY will be killed in a matter of seconds.

Nah. LHC, with NO internal energy at all, managed to beat some pretty damn good fighters, and he'd be (pre XXDF) lower than the lowest of the low (and I'm including such people as WXB )

It might sound screwy, but it's true . XAJH really isn't "fitting" the JY overall continuum.

Originally posted by PJ

"Certainly learning even one of the stance from 6MSJ requires sufficient level of inner energy"

So I have a Q: didn't Duan Yu learn all 6 stances of 6MSJ? does that mean when Duan Yu learned 6MSJ, his internal energy was much higher than his uncle Duan Zhengming?

I don't think so, then again i never read the book.

How is DY's internal energy compared to XZ? Much lower, or not that lower?

I'd say about a third, after he sucked JMZ dry.