Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: You Tan Zhi is the only real man in the JY Universe

Default You Tan Zhi is the only real man in the JY Universe

No, I am not high. I am simply quoting someone who may very well be high.

If she's not a drug addict, she probably wrote the essay after her bf dumped her.

If you want a good laugh, read on.

The crazy essay's direct link is:

http://www.cnread.net/cnread1/net/wx...ng/000/081.htm

-----------------

什么是真正的男人?男人不同于英雄 伟人,那些是中性的词汇。男人是有 明的性别色彩的。所谓真正的男人, 就是要全心全意地去爱一个女人,宁 女人负他,不可他负女人,要能够为 个女人牺牲自己的一切,这才是男人 的天职。

纵观金庸武侠人物,唯有游坦之 谓真正的男人。深恋阿紫,一往情深 受尽屈辱,亦无怨无悔。为阿紫换眼 ,身体发肤,在所不惜。跳崖殉情, 坦荡荡,视死如归,可谓把男儿本色 “忍”“痴”“忘我”发挥到了极致 。

唯一可望其项背的当属杨过,可 在绝情谷中犹犹豫豫,贪生怕死,未 纵身跃下,这一迟疑,就逮着机会靠 着黄蓉的弥天大慌苟且偷生。虽十六 后又跳,终不能和游坦之相提并论也

萧峰和郭靖属同类,是大英雄, 豪杰,但男人却终究没做到家。侠之 者,自无法一心一意对待女人。为声 名所累,害苦了多少女人。阿紫自尽 黄蓉守城战死,全赖大英雄们所赐。 靖更误导杨过,罪加一等。

令狐冲表面放荡不羁,其实内心 受礼法约束。对岳不群唯唯诺诺,看 岳灵珊被林平之夺走是呆若木鸡。对 仪琳的爱置若罔闻,与任盈盈也隔着 道魔教正道的大防,不是任我行死得 趣,又是一对苦命鸳鸯。与游坦之的 主动性相比,相去何止以道里计。

张无忌就更等而下之了。为保卿 小命,牺牲小昭一生幸福,忍心让殷 流落天涯,无依无靠。在周芷若和赵 敏间摇摆不定,既不敢爱,又不敢恨 是个懦弱无能的东西。

段誉视游坦之为偶像,韦小宝懂 善待女人,可惜这两人用情不专,又 受过什么大磨难,尚待修炼,方克大 成。

胡斐害得程灵素为己而死,对不 袁紫衣,和苗若兰的爱恐怕结果也难 的很。陈家洛保不住香香,只会惺惺 作态地垂吊。袁承志害得阿九为他神 颠倒,自己一走了之。石破天只是个 男孩,为了学武功早把阿绣抛在脑后 ,不提也罢。

综上所述,唯有游坦之有情有义 一生不负阿紫,乃真正的男人。

PS:对不少朋友欣赏的人物出言不 逊,得罪莫怪。

----------

You can see the short essay as well as other JY-related commentaries on this main page:

http://www.cnread.net/cnread1/net/wx...ong/index.html

Despite the foregoing essay being featured on the page, most of the other commentaries are actually well written, and more importantly, sane.

If you can't read the essay, the writer basically makes the following assertions:

1-A "man" is different than a "hero."

2-A "man's" inherent job is to forgo the self for the sake of a woman. He must sacrifice everything to love a woman, even if the woman treats him like shiet.

3-Only when a male fulfills this requirement can he be deemed a "real man."

4-You Tan Zhi is the only male who fulfills the requirement. He gave up his eyes and eventually killed himself for Ah Zi. Although AZ never repay him with anything but cruelty, his devotion to her never wavered one bit, therefore he is the only "real man."

5-She then gives about a sentence or two to every male lead and bashes each one for not being a "real man." Some examples are: Yang Guo is a coward because he didn't jump down the cliff until 16 years later*; Guo Jing and Xiao Feng are great heroes, but they did their women wrong because they cared about their own reputations too much; Zhang Wuji is another coward because in order to save his own life, he sacrificed Xiao Zhao's happiness and he let Yin Li wander the world alone; Linghu Chong is as useless as a wooden chicken because he just let Lin Ping Zhi take away Yue Ling Shan; Duan Yu views YTZ as his idol, but because he doesn't love just one girl,** he doesn't qualify; etc.

*The real reason YG didn't jump was because he held on to the slim hope that what XLN wrote on the cliff, that she will return 16 years later, was true. 16 years later, once he realized that XLN was only lying so that he wouldn't kill himself, he immediately jumped.

**I think it's pretty obvious he only loves WYY.

Too bad I can't respond and make fun of her since I don't know where the essay was originally posted. If anyone knows, let me know. I suspect, however, that she must've been ridiculed a lot already.
    Last edited by flyingfox2002; 10-11-05 at 06:48 PM.
    This account is retired.

Can you kindly translate that bit of Hufei as well? I only have smatterings of Simplified Chinese, and I'm quite intrigued about how he caused another girl's death?

heh nice read though her definition of a man's duty and obligation is kinda iffy but understandable from her point of view i guess.

yeah i think the 2nd edition DY pretty much only care about wyy. but based on her view of what a real man actually is, duan yu is a lesser man than mask guy.

mask guy did not hesitate to kneel down and beg for ah zi's life while duan yu had to ponder and think about it, although he thinks he would also do it for WYY.

plus, he won't listen to every command and wishes of WYY, unlike ytz's complete submission.

in terms of being a 'real man', DY is one level below mask guy.
    he himself admitted :我对王姑娘一往情深,自忖已是到矣尽矣,蔑以加矣。但比这位庄帮主,却又大大不如了。人家这才是情中圣贤 !

Still, nothing beats a masterpiece that I read of Qiuchu Ji martial art's level > TLBB's 4 Greats from another forum.

1-A "man" is different than a "hero."
    Fair enough.

A "man's" inherent job is to forgo the self for the sake of a woman. He must sacrifice everything to love a woman, even if the woman treats him like shiet.

This is what happen if girl read wuxia jk

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Man oh man, I can't *wait* until Candide responds to this!
    And I can't wait to see Temujin's reaction to this essay.

This line alone [A "man's" inherent job is to forgo the self for the sake of a woman. He must sacrifice everything to love a woman, even if the woman treats him like shiet.] will make him blow up.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

I believe most of u guys would agree with her about Chen Jia Luo though, since that is what most of u complain about CJL.

陈家洛保不住香香,只会惺惺作态地垂吊
    Last edited by kidd; 10-11-05 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanky Panky
    Can you kindly translate that bit of Hufei as well? I only have smatterings of Simplified Chinese, and I'm quite intrigued about how he caused another girl's death?
    The writer didn't say how. She just said Hu Fei caused Qing Ling Su to die for him, wronged Yuan Zi Yi, and with Miao Ruo Lan, hard to say what the outcome will be.
    Last edited by kidd; 10-11-05 at 09:53 PM.

i love you tan zhi!

According to the author, a "real man" is one who "wholeheartedly loves one woman, and who would rather have the woman let him down, but not allow himself to let the woman down".

She further added that he "must be able to sacrifice everything" for this one woman he loves, and that all these are the "inherent responsibilities" of a "real man".

In addition, by subjecting himself to "utter suffering and humiliation" from Ah Zi "without complaints and regrets", not balking at giving his eyes to her, and not being afraid to jump off the cliff after her, You Tan Zi had displayed the "true manly qualities of tolerance, devotion, and selflessness to the max."

Though a few of her words seem fair enough, most of her statements are odd, I think. This seems to be a peculiar notion of what a true man is. Be decisive and responsible to love, yes. However, I don't think that a man should discard and sacrifice everything, including the lives of millions of people or his dignity, for a woman, regardless of his love for her.

In addition, she seems to assess a man's worth, whether or not he qualifies as a true man, solely on how he treats matters of the heart, which I think is just off.

By the way, what she said about Xiao Feng is just wrong, even if one applies her rationale. Xiao Feng doesn't even love Ah Zi romantically! I also don't understand what she meant by Guo Jing misleading Yang Guo.

borrowing flyingfox's translation, zwj a "coward" (interesting word!)? i though he really has no choice but to save the other a$$es?

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002
    Zhang Wuji is another coward because in order to save his own life, he sacrificed Xiao Zhao's happiness

Quote Originally Posted by Hanky Panky
    Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    The writer didn't say how. She just said Hu Fei caused Qing Ling Su to die for him, wronged Yuan Zi Yi, and with Miao Ruo Lan, hard to say what the outcome will be.
    Kidd is right.

Just to satisfy Hanky's curiosity (if any!): In the last chapter of the novel Young Flying Fox, Hu Fei is struck by 3 types of poison that has no known cure. Cheng Lingsu, a disciple of the famous "Medicine King with the Poisonous Hand" (that's a bad translation of the name!) Dushou Yaowang [毒手藥王], knows this, so she gives him some medicine for temporary relief before sucking the poison out of his body through a cut on his finger. Hu Fei cannot stop her because he is paralysed by the poison. Hu Fei survives and recovers eventually, but Cheng Lingsu dies before his eyes.

BTW Hu Fei and Cheng Lingsu are sworn brother and sister. Cheng Lingsu likes him, but he takes her only as his younger sister because he likes Yuan Ziyi [袁紫衣], who turns out to be a young nun named Yuan Xing [圓性] in disguise. Yuan Xing took on the disguise to look for the man who caused her mother's death.

If I go on, I'll end up telling the whole story ... backwards!
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Hi, HuangYuShi.

Did the 'Outer Story of Flying Fox' tell the outcome of the cliffhanger ending of 'Flying Fox Snowy Mountain'?

I agree with Dania. A man should not discard and sacrifice everything for 1 woman. Neither should a woman do so for 1 man.

If every man act like the writer's idea of a real man, we will still be living in the stone age, because the men will be too busy catering to their women's need to do anything else.

I don't think it was love, it was more like obsession. (YTZ towards Ah Zi)

Hi, HuangYuShi.
    Did the 'Outer Story of Flying Fox' tell the outcome of the cliffhanger ending of 'Flying Fox Snowy Mountain'?
    No, not in the 2nd ed, unfortunately. I don't think there's one in the 3rd ed either, or Athena would have written about it. Besides, Outer Story concerns the events that happen about 10 years before Snowy Mountain, just so to give Hu Fei a "background and life" in his own right.

Quote Originally Posted by xuelian
    And a terribly unhealthy one at that! Imagine: loss of sensibility, loss of personal will, loss of a decent facial appearance, loss of dignity, loss of identity, loss of courage, loss of respect, loss of eyes, loss of life!
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

hey kidd and huangyushi, any great idea/speculation why end as a cliffhanger?

Hi, HuangYuShi.

similar to ah zhi to xiao feng?

Quote Originally Posted by xuelian