View Poll Results: 6MSJ Vs Taichi sword Vs Dugu 9 Swords Vs Yang Guo Sword Skills

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • 6MSJ

25 48.08%
  • Taichi sword

9 17.31%
  • Dugu 9 Swords

16 30.77%
  • Yang Guo Sword Skills

2 3.85%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6MSJ Vs Taichi Sword Vs Dugu 9 Swords Vs. Yang Guo Sword Skills

Default 6MSJ Vs Taichi Sword Vs Dugu 9 Swords Vs. Yang Guo Sword Skills

In all JY novels... the four sword plays above stands out way above from the others types (ASSUMING that 6MSJ IS a swordplay by itself). Which of the following do u guys think would be rank as the best sword play in the whole JY universe? Lets limit this to just the sword play themselves and not the users/ practicers etc.

My personal fav would be Taichi sword as it uses no stance to overcome all stance... pardon me but i feel that the other three types seem to have stances in them... and besides.. ZWJ did manage to slice off a guy's arm with just a wooden sword in HSDS at the battle on Mt. Wudang.... way cool...

Lets see what u guys think...

Ps: Dugu Quibai last stage of sword play is not in the poll as no one as ever seen him use that before...
    Last edited by druid; 10-11-05 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by druid
    In all JY novels... the four sword plays above stands out way above from the others types (ASSUMING that 6MSJ IS a swordplay by itself). Which of the following do u guys think would be rank as the best sword play in the whole JY universe? Lets limit this to just the sword play themselves and not the users/ practicers etc.

My personal fav would be Taichi sword as it uses no stance to overcome all stance... pardon me but i feel that the other three types seem to have stances in them... and besides.. ZWJ did manage to slice off a guy's arm with just a wooden sword in HSDS at the battle on Mt. Wudang.... way cool...

Lets see what u guys think...

Ps: Dugu Quibai last stage of sword play is not in the poll as no one as ever seen him use that before...

Dugu Qiu Bai's last stage of Sword play is ren jian he yi means the sword is the person...the person is the sword..it meant he need not use any sword to defeat other ppl..something lyk 6mai shen jian..ZWJ managed this by TaiJi sword but DGQB's third stage is chopping the whole trunk off by wooden sword lol..
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许
    What on earth is love? Love is something that makes you willing to die for your beloved

Orginally posted by Xiao Long Nu

Dugu Qiu Bai's last stage of Sword play is ren jian he yi means the sword is the person...the person is the sword..it meant he need not use any sword to defeat other ppl..something lyk 6mai shen jian..ZWJ managed this by TaiJi sword but DGQB's third stage is chopping the whole trunk off by wooden sword lol..
    yup on that i agree with you but the fact still remains... no actual usage or screen of the third stage was ever mention or shown hence it would not be fair to include it in this poll

Anyway i belive his sword Chi would have penerated almost anything

i think tt the ultimate goal of all sword skill would be 无剑胜有剑. And i feel that dugu 9 swords is the one tt is most evident to display such a thing.

Banned

6 mai shen jian is the most powerful. If not MRB wouldn't be so obsessed with it.

6MSJ is in my opinion the best martial art for attack in the entire Jin YOng Universe.

orginally posted by panadol

6 mai shen jian is the most powerful. If not MRB wouldn't be so obsessed with it.

6MSJ is in my opinion the best martial art for attack in the entire Jin YOng Universe.
    but the thing was that at that time, no one had ever heard of all the other three sword plays. also... judging from ROCH and what YG said about Dugu Quibai... it would seem that Dugu had live just after the DGSD era. hence he (MRB) would not have a chance to get to know the other types of sword plays that were developed after the DGSD era.

on yr second note, i agree with u that 6MSJ is one of the best offensive swordplays there is.

On a side note, Dugu 9 swords relies on being able to detect flaws in the opponents moves to be effective... just look at how LCH was almost unable to win the Wudang priest (sorry forgot his name) using Taichi sword in Smiling Proud Wanderer.

IMO Dugu 9 swords IS indeed a very unique skill/swordplay but somehow i feel that Taichi sword or 6MSJ would overcome it.

but the thing was that at that time, no one had ever heard of all the other three sword plays. also... judging from ROCH and what YG said about Dugu Quibai... it would seem that Dugu had live just after the DGSD era. hence he (MRB) would not have a chance to get to know the other types of sword plays that were developed after the DGSD era.

on yr second note, i agree with u that 6MSJ is one of the best offensive swordplays there is.

On a side note, Dugu 9 swords relies on being able to detect flaws in the opponents moves to be effective... just look at how LCH was almost unable to win the Wudang priest (sorry forgot his name) using Taichi sword in Smiling Proud Wanderer.

IMO Dugu 9 swords IS indeed a very unique skill/swordplay but somehow i feel that Taichi sword or 6MSJ would overcome it.

6mai shen jian is not powerful enough compared to other swordplays as it is actually yi yang zhi which was a modify of 6mai shen jian...since duan emperors modified 6mai shen jian...it would be stronger than 6mai shen jian but in conclusion yi yang zhi is only a draw with sad palms when mastered to the peak which yi deng reverend did..sad palms was weaker than dugu 9 swordplay when it is practised to the top stage..tai chi is strong..im not sure wif tai chi..so no opinions lol..yang guo's swordplay is not strong enough due to lack of practise lol..
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许
    What on earth is love? Love is something that makes you willing to die for your beloved

Banned

really?

I was always under the impression that Duan Yu learned the most powerful arts therefore, 6MSJ is the most powerful because of the fact that you can control sword qi without a sword. It's so fast that you cannot even see flaw once mastered.

Quote Originally Posted by Panadol
    really?

I was always under the impression that Duan Yu learned the most powerful arts therefore, 6MSJ is the most powerful because of the fact that you can control sword qi without a sword. It's so fast that you cannot even see flaw once mastered.

thats true but it was powerful only when in tian long ba pu...after that more and more powerful heroes kept coming out from other novels, thats why JY wrote that they modified 6mai lol...
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许

Banned

wow all these factors came into play, may be in the end we should just say there are some martial arts that are crazy strong and that it is the practioner that determines how strong it can get but if one can obtain any of the listed powerful arts, it will make them superhuman.

I mean YJJ is supposed to be the strongest, but if it is not mastered, a master of 9 yin or 9 yang can surely beat them. Or may be the guy who practice 9 yin is just a better fighter than the person who practiced YJJ.

Duan Yu didn't have either, had BMSG, yet was better with those who had mastered 9 Yin or YJJ...Duan Yu was stronger than GJ

wow all these factors came into play, may be in the end we should just say there are some martial arts that are crazy strong and that it is the practioner that determines how strong it can get but if one can obtain any of the listed powerful arts, it will make them superhuman.

I mean YJJ is supposed to be the strongest, but if it is not mastered, a master of 9 yin or 9 yang can surely beat them. Or may be the guy who practice 9 yin is just a better fighter than the person who practiced YJJ.

Duan Yu didn't have either, had BMSG, yet was better with those who had mastered 9 Yin or YJJ...Duan Yu was stronger than GJ

u could sae that but his gong li and nei gong was not stronger only his speed and techniques because GJ is supported by 9yin and XL18Z..it makes him supernatural..still not powerful against XF's and murong fu's father..
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_Long_nu
    6mai shen jian is not powerful enough compared to other swordplays as it is actually yi yang zhi which was a modify of 6mai shen jian...since duan emperors modified 6mai shen jian...it would be stronger than 6mai shen jian but in conclusion yi yang zhi is only a draw with sad palms when mastered to the peak which yi deng reverend did..sad palms was weaker than dugu 9 swordplay when it is practised to the top stage..tai chi is strong..im not sure wif tai chi..so no opinions lol..yang guo's swordplay is not strong enough due to lack of practise lol..
    Could you prove that YYZ is the modified 6MSJ ???
    again, how could you compare sad palms and DG9J ??? one is palm stance and the other is swordplay ???
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

originally posted by Xiao Long Nu

i'm under the impression that 6MSJ IS the advance form of Yi Yang Zhi. while it is stated that yi yang zhi could only manage a draw with sad palms, this does not hold true for the (original) 6MSJ (the one that DY used)

IMO after DY passed away, none of the subsequent duan emperors could learn it, hence they modify it after after YYZ which was a weaker form than the original.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_Long_nu
    u could sae that but his gong li and nei gong was not stronger only his speed and techniques because GJ is supported by 9yin and XL18Z..it makes him supernatural..still not powerful against XF's and murong fu's father..
    I like that

XYS and MRB are a crazy tag team if they ever fought side by side ( i guess in the end they were, XYS, MRB, and Sweeper Monk OMG..invincible fighting team). It's a shame they hated each other so much coz it was MRB who ruined XYS and XF.

Quote Originally Posted by ToOn99
    Could you prove that YYZ is the modified 6MSJ ???
    again, how could you compare sad palms and DG9J ??? one is palm stance and the other is swordplay ???

its from somewhere in the novels lol...how can remember so much..its all over the novels...

u could compare in devastating power or in terms ppl could see through weaknesses...
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许

I like that

XYS and MRB are a crazy tag team if they ever fought side by side ( i guess in the end they were, XYS, MRB, and Sweeper Monk OMG..invincible fighting team). It's a shame they hated each other so much coz it was MRB who ruined XYS and XF.

ya thats right..actually i think the most powerful comes in how long u practise the set of martial arts..
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许

originally posted by Xiao Long Nu

ya thats right..actually i think the most powerful comes in how long u practise the set of martial arts..
    I dont think so... taking an exmple, LCH did not practice his Dugu 9 Swords for very long and he was still able to beat Tian Bo Guang who did beat LCH couple of times before Feng QingYang came by and taught him.

I dont think so... taking an exmple, LCH did not practice his Dugu 9 Swords for very long and he was still able to beat Tian Bo Guang who did beat LCH couple of times before Feng QingYang came by and taught him.

those were not natural learners which could be martial art masters...thats y he could beat them though he did not practise Dugu 9 swords long...these also proofs that DUgu 9 swords is very powerful..
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许

exactly... there's my point. learning a set of skill for a long time does not make u powerful. there are many matters such as intelligence, freak accidents and pointers given by others that are taken into considernation

exactly... there's my point. learning a set of skill for a long time does not make u powerful. there are many matters such as intelligence, freak accidents and pointers given by others that are taken into considernation

its also between wad skills they practise
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许