Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Charm Beneath 《胭脂水粉》

I wonder how Gigi's character came to be married to Cheung Chi Kwong's character. She seems kind of dissatisfied with her husband's unambitiousness. She is a daughter of a rich and prominant family. There should have been a lot of guys for her to choose from. Why did she not choose a more capable husband, if she wants one, instead of someone who is unambitious and has zero talent and interest in minding a big business? Seeing that her husband stays with her family and his status seems pretty low in the family, he must not come from a very rich or powerful family. She couldn't possibly be forced to marry her husband either. It's also strange that her father would allow her to marry a man like her husband. Her father put a lot of importance on family status compatibility.

On another topic, I felt that the casting person did a very good job casting Moses as Chan Hung Lit's character's son. They really look like father and son. Last year, during the TVB 38th anniversary, Chan Hung Lit won the Best Talent/Performance Male Artist award, and they show short clips of his young days. He looked so much like Moses in those clips.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

when and where did chan hung lit won the award? i think he's good too. though i really wanted to kill him in blade heart
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    when and where did chan hung lit won the award? i think he's good too. though i really wanted to kill him in blade heart
    Last year, for his role as Suen Bak Yeung's father in War And Beauty.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

How is the acting from what you have watched?

Thumbs up It's good!

Quote Originally Posted by foreva
    How is the acting from what you have watched?
    I rented the DVD yesterday and finished with episode 3. I like it and I felt the acting was good........by all. I can't wait for the next disc.

In any case, I went to TVB website to read about the cast. I was more interested in Gigi so sort of know how her role will evolve in the series.

I wrote a little comment in the other thread. I'll re-produce it here.

Thumbs up

This was what I wrote earlier:

"Oh dear, there are two threads, don't know which I should continue. But since this is on page 1, I'll write my comments here.

I've just finished watching episode 3. I like it. I shan't say too much as I don't want to spoil it for others but for now, I can I am enjoying the series and can't wait for the next DVD to arrive at the video store. I'll probably read the synopsis on TVB website.

I like Gigi and I think she is a good actress. In fact, we have a radio broadcaster here who was a popular compere in HongKong before. Even he commented that he now knows why Gigi won best actress in War & Beauty, since it is now screening on our local TV and he just started to watch it.

Anyways, hope many people will enjoy this new series. Great acting by all, so far. "

Bobby was supposed to be in this series...for Moses's role...But this is a casting decision done way earlier.

aw.. you guys already have it? i need to go get it soon. .cant wait to watch it
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

yeah me too . ive already got eps 1&2 but hadnt time to watch them yet. but heard its gonna be great. Will watch it as soon as i can.

hmm not a bad show at all.. tvb is supported cos it has the more common ( as in we all know who they are) actors/ress..but i find that atv is very good.. without the super well known actors, atv is still very very good in developing. Think abt it

I finished episodes 1-8 this past week... this series is really good.. gigi's character isnt evil at all in here (so far).. I kinda feel sorry for her because her father neglects her and always blames her for many things.. imo, she improved alot. i dont hear the deep breaths as much in this series as in wab.. The bickering between moses and yoyo is funny and i feel bad for anne. Anne is really misunderstanding gigi and moses and i can see that she might want revenge later on in the series.. hope she can portray the evil character well. Cant wait for more.
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

^^i definitly think that anne can potray an evil character because well first of all i think she looks evil.. lol.. and i have seen her being evil in other series i guess.. yeah i also watched up to episode 8 and i love gigi character but i still cant stand her crying ... and i do feel sad for her and i thin kwe all know why the dad doent really pay much attention to her because sehg aint his real daugther... and i love moses and yoyo parts and i know they will make a good couple..
    Last edited by theorangecolor; 11-20-05 at 04:09 AM.
    bu bu jing xin

i've watched up to eps 6. i can't wait to see more. i wonder who moses is going to end up with? and.... really? anne is going to be an evil person? i thought she's changed after being hospitalized.
    i kinda like the poor guy character who mandy thought picked up her coin on the ground and then he ended up working at her house. i can't remember where i have seen him before. does anybody know where else he's appeared???

i'm on episode 16...
    and honestly, i don't think this series is that great.

yes, gigi and moses are decent in here..and i like yoyo in here. but the plot is just so draggy and predictable sometimes..and a tad bit repetitive

i don't know if i really want to continue or not

and it doesn't have good ratings either

it's not bad, i just don't think it's as good as it was made to sound like..there are definitely many better ones released this year
    *[Ron Ng]*

~[Zhang Dong Liang]~[Hins Cheung]~[JJ Lin]~[Cecilia Cheung]~[Kenix Kwok]~[Chen Kun]~[Vicki Zhao]~[Leo Ku]~[Kenneth Ma]~

Is this series worth watching? It sounds like another one of those catfight series -_- I'm not a big fan of Mandy Cho, I've heard that her acting is bad.. but I haven't actually seen for myself yet.
    //fave series:
    eternal happiness, love bond, fate twisters, triumph in the skies, ups and downs in the sea of love
    //fave stars:
    ron ng, raymond lam, moses chan, michelle ye, tavia yeung, ada choi

I definitely think that its a series worth watching (although, as we discussed before, some of the actresses arent as good as they could be)

kbelle, the guy youre talking about appeared in a few series including Love Bond.

This show is a bit tedious to watch at the beginning..I'm now at Chap 20...getting interesting now....But of course, alot of *****ing in the show, even worse than War & Beauty in my opinion.
    Gigi's character in this show is really good...

Wow.. I just started this series..
    Its pretty good.. I like Yoyo, Gigi and Moses here.. Their witty talks(especially Moses) are really nice to watch! But.. Anne.. hmm.. I don't know.. don't really like her..

Anyways.. I think its a good start.. kinda good cast too

I hope it can be a good series like the war and beauty!!