Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Charm Beneath 《胭脂水粉》

Default The Charm Beneath 《胭脂水粉》

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://home.ripway.com/2004-12/215106/h3p32xe.jpg')
    The Charm BeneathMain Cast:
    Moses Chan
    Gigi Lai
    Yoyo Mung
    Anne heung
    There are a lot more of ppl in this series

Well I saw the commercial for this series recently and i have been intrigued with it since i saw it in the tvb programme highlights.. It looks good.. Cant wait till its out. I didn't find a thread so I made one so that we can discuss it here
    Last edited by triumph2004; 01-09-09 at 05:43 PM.
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

yah i watched the promo clips too - and i think it's a copy of war and beauty .. but with a lot less "good artist"

well- i heard they said gigi did a really good job ... if that's the case -this portrayal deems to be opposite of what she did in war and beauty - SHE'S JUST LUCKY TO SNAG THE AWARD FROM SHERREN TENG ...

this girl cannot act - just a nice face ...... word of advice to gigi - KEEP BREATHING!

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao
    yah i watched the promo clips too - and i think it's a copy of war and beauty .. but with a lot less "good artist"

well- i heard they said gigi did a really good job ... if that's the case -this portrayal deems to be opposite of what she did in war and beauty - SHE'S JUST LUCKY TO SNAG THE AWARD FROM SHERREN TENG ...

this girl cannot act - just a nice face ...... word of advice to gigi - KEEP BREATHING!
    whats your problem? the award thing was ages ago, can't you just accept it and move on?...and whats it with all the gigi bashing abt her breathing and stuff?..i cant believe ppl are attacking her for the slightest thing just cause she's finally got her chance to fame anyway imo, i think gigi's a great actress, she deserved last yr's award as much as sheren. and im glad she's getting promoted now, at least she deserves it, unlike some of the other tvb actresses who are just totally overrated.

anyway, can't wait for this series to come out, it looks good!
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by pandamao

Well, at least Gigi can act better than anyone else in this series. Please.. Anne Heung? Yoyo Mung? Mandy Cho???
    I want to watch it because I really like series set in this time period.. but with those three.. I think I will pass.

i agree that the casts are...ehm, not that good. but i think if the plot is good, then it's still worth watching
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by foreva
    Well, at least Gigi can act better than anyone else in this series. Please.. Anne Heung? Yoyo Mung? Mandy Cho???
    I want to watch it because I really like series set in this time period.. but with those three.. I think I will pass.
    I DEFINITELY agree!!!

Yes if it were possible i would change some of the actors but lets hope that these few will be able to carry on the performance.. it seems like a good plot and i'm sure if you like WAB this one will be interesting for you.. perhaps the actors are better in this series than in their other series.. lets hope so cause it would suck if the series was brought down by poor acting haha..
    Inferno's TVB Blog - Come visit my blog with TVB series thoughts, reviews, analysis, and more!

yes, i've seen the trailer again and the ppl seems to act well. even anne.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Default TVB Anniversary Series: Beneath The Charm - Starring Moses, Gigi, Yoyo,...]

This series just started airing Monday in HK. Starring Gigi Lai, Moses Chan, Yoyo Mung, Sharon Chan, Mandy Cho and Catherine Heung (did i spell it correctly).

I believe this series is about rivalry between family. Should be pretty good, though I would have preferred if they show/select "Lethal Weapons of Passion & Love" to be the anniversary series. Usually they choose 1 costume/period and 1 modern drama, and with this series being a period drama, I dont think they will choose LWPL. I believe they have chosen :Life Made Simple" as the other anniversary drama.

[POSTER]
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tvcity.tvb.com/drama/beneath_the_charm/frontpage/img/main_10.jpg')

whoa... Gigi look so different, i think she look better in Shade of Truth. I would watch this serie as long as it doesnt drag and there no big boss with lots of wives and they wives always fighting, i'm sick of that theme.
    I'm a big D.Wade and Ginobili fan.
    I am so sick of Hu Ge
    I fight with my dog for the role of master and pet daily and he usually wins.

Well, I dont know but I think there are some fightings between the wives if I remember correctly. I might be watching the 1st ep sometime soon, so I will probably give my feedback about this series later.

There's already a thread on this series here. Is Moses the only male lead? If that's the case, I think I'll give it a pass unless it gets really good reviews or something.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    There's already a thread on this series here. Is Moses the only male lead? If that's the case, I think I'll give it a pass unless it gets really good reviews or something.
    I see. I didn't see that thread. Its probaly buried down further. I have only checked through pg 3 of this forum. Anyway, a mod is welcomed to merge both threads. I dont know whether I will watch this series, but I will sure pop in and give my feedback sometime tonite or early tomorrow.

Oh dear, there are two threads, don't know which I should continue. But since this is on page 1, I'll write my comments here.

I've just finished watching episode 3. I like it. I shan't say too much as I don't want to spoil it for others but for now, I can I am enjoying the series and can't wait for the next DVD to arrive at the video store. I'll probably read the synopsis on TVB website.

I like Gigi and I think she is a good actress. In fact, we have a radio broadcaster here who was a popular compere in HongKong before. Even he commented that he now knows why Gigi won best actress in War & Beauty, since it is now screening on our local TV and he just started to watch it.

Anyways, hope many people will enjoy this new series. Great acting by all, so far.

yea hopefully all the actors do well. that would be nice haha

i'm pretty sure that gigi could deliver yet another great performance in this series. oh well, i don't really like the cast; mandy cho can't act ><

What role did Michael Tong play?

I haven't watch this series yet, but from reading the synopsis and seeing the poster, I was reminded of the series 'War n Beauty'. The series seems like another neverending backstabbing and betrayal story.

Catfighting women series are never my cup of tea, but I like Michael Tong and Anne Heung. I know Anne Heung's character will be a bad one (villain). If Michael Tong has decent screentime and a good role in the series, I might watch it.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

yea im sure gigi can carry the performance since shes had these sort of roles before but the other actresses i have not really seen portray the conniving and scheming roles... except anne (love is beautiful) but i thought her portrayal there wasnt very good

ohalala that looks like a good movie is it released in viet yet?

im downloading ep1 now. hopefully it's good (though im already expecting it to be good)
    cherrie