Thread: Du Gu Qiu Bai

Banned

Default Du Gu Qiu Bai

Ok, Jin yong never revealed how strong Du Gu is, but if the Du Gu 9 Swords is really as effective in breaking qi when practiced by Du Gu would make him one of the most powerful beings ever created. Especially the theory with sword without a sword. Yet, in ROCH was it explicitly mentioned that Yang Guo became as strong as Du Gu Qiu Bai? That is what I was never too sure about.

DGQB would not be as strong as expected (meaning to the level of the sweeper monk etc.) if he is only as powerful as Yang Guo.

I am just thinking, may be Jin Yong himself intended DGQB to be his ultimate character? Coz he's so legendary...then again the Sweeper Monk that guy is something else. Perhaps to illustrate that the ones who are most powerful are humble kinda thing? I mean the most powerful guy is the guy who is a lowly monk who sweeps the floor of the temple.

Quote Originally Posted by Panadol
    Ok, Jin yong never revealed how strong Du Gu is, but if the Du Gu 9 Swords is really as effective in breaking qi when practiced by Du Gu would make him one of the most powerful beings ever created. Especially the theory with sword without a sword. Yet, in ROCH was it explicitly mentioned that Yang Guo became as strong as Du Gu Qiu Bai? That is what I was never too sure about.

DGQB would not be as strong as expected (meaning to the level of the sweeper monk etc.) if he is only as powerful as Yang Guo.

I am just thinking, may be Jin Yong himself intended DGQB to be his ultimate character? Coz he's so legendary...then again the Sweeper Monk that guy is something else. Perhaps to illustrate that the ones who are most powerful are humble kinda thing? I mean the most powerful guy is the guy who is a lowly monk who sweeps the floor of the temple.

ok...the sweeping monk seems to humble as he is a monk..u see in the like the monk's, ppl there learnt to be humble and not boast their skills...one more thing the monk just practised all the Shaolin kung fu because he is in charge in keeping the things tidy..thats why he is so powerful..he stays in the temple all his life lol..and of course practise the Martial arts of shaolin everyday..

Compared to DGQB, he is just a wandrer..and the name of DGQB suggest that he begs for others to defeat him due to his ultimate skills to defeat others before they could even make him block their attacks lol..YG only practised DGQB's sword skills to the third stage somewhere there...thats why DGQB is more mysterious as a character compared to the sweeper monk..
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许
    What on earth is love? Love is something that makes you willing to die for your beloved

personally i think that JY intended to make Dugu as the best damn swordsman there is and Sweeper as the "God" in the JY universe.

Quote Originally Posted by druid
    personally i think that JY intended to make Dugu as the best damn swordsman there is and Sweeper as the "God" in the JY universe.

no not God but rather immortal compared to internal energy..
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许
    What on earth is love? Love is something that makes you willing to die for your beloved

Banned

Dugu is the best swordsman. Sweeper's the best martial artist. nuff said.

he is also that turtle that zbt had in peach blossom island
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Banned

Sweeper pawns all.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

sweeper monk has the best internal of all jin yong, (possible exceptions are XuZhu,duan yu and SPT). definately his control and refinement of inner power was ahead of everyone else. he had reached the level of where his intentions are, his qi is. he could move his qi outside his body by though along with possibly no external movement.

DGKB is the best swordsman of all in jin yong, Yg and LHC who learnt his skills from two different directions became the best swordsmans who made starred in any novel. YG was stated to have mastered heavy sword to the point even DGKB couldn't teach him anymore. as for woodsword stage, it was a two fold training, to increase your inner power to the extent of using a wooden sword as the same as a normal sword, and to improve sword moves to overcome even the heavy sword with superior agility based moves(what LHC had learnt). YG had increased his internal strength to the furthermost extent possible through DGKB's training methods. YG had improved his sword skills greatly from the heavy sword stage, but jin yong stated that LHC had slightly better sword skills then YG in an interview. however, YG had much superior inner strength. overrall Yg was the superior fighter who was well rounded in all his skills while LHC was specialized only in his swordskills, and became a master of inner strength towards the end only.

DGKB is Yg inner power and LHC swordskills combined. in rankings, he sholud be only below sweeper monk, and above huang shang and the creator of sunflower manual.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    sweeper monk has the best internal of all jin yong, (possible exceptions are XuZhu,duan yu and SPT). definately his control and refinement of inner power was ahead of everyone else. he had reached the level of where his intentions are, his qi is. he could move his qi outside his body by though along with possibly no external movement.

DGKB is the best swordsman of all in jin yong, Yg and LHC who learnt his skills from two different directions became the best swordsmans who made starred in any novel. YG was stated to have mastered heavy sword to the point even DGKB couldn't teach him anymore. as for woodsword stage, it was a two fold training, to increase your inner power to the extent of using a wooden sword as the same as a normal sword, and to improve sword moves to overcome even the heavy sword with superior agility based moves(what LHC had learnt). YG had increased his internal strength to the furthermost extent possible through DGKB's training methods. YG had improved his sword skills greatly from the heavy sword stage, but jin yong stated that LHC had slightly better sword skills then YG in an interview. however, YG had much superior inner strength. overrall Yg was the superior fighter who was well rounded in all his skills while LHC was specialized only in his swordskills, and became a master of inner strength towards the end only.

DGKB is Yg inner power and LHC swordskills combined. in rankings, he sholud be only below sweeper monk, and above huang shang and the creator of sunflower manual.

anyways, why is this shi potian guy so great????? I mean, everytime I see people talk about him, he's always ranked above people like Xiao Feng and even Xu Zhu, and definitely ranked above the Greats. Some even say he is stronger than Tian shantonglao and li qiu shui!!!! What's so great about this guy????????? I mean, all he did was read the shapes on a wall and study it. why do people think he can take out legends like Xiao Feng and Xu Zhu?????????

it was not a case of SPT being great as much as he had gained an incredible inner power which was considered by some as above great level like XuZhu's inner power was above the other DGSD greats. he fought and won against the two island lords who were considered the greats of OTG, through their level was not confirmed except they had the feat of blocking shaolin's gate for 7 days against all experts in shaolin. also the demon suduing arhat shengong he mastered was considered to be possibly equal to 9yang shengong and SPT increased his inner power even after mastering that. however he had very little battle experience and little desire for combat. he mastered the OTG martial arts but his overall level is unknown since he was in a trance when he fought the island lords and his ability to use his full power in combat consciously is in doubt. i believe he would be overwhelmed by xiao feng's ferocious attacks.

I think Dugu Qiu Bai is the most powerful martial artist in JinYong universe. I think he is better than Sweeper monk as he has the experience of hundred of battles whereas Sweeper hardly had any.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I think Dugu Qiu Bai is the most powerful martial artist in JinYong universe. I think he is better than Sweeper monk as he has the experience of hundred of battles whereas Sweeper hardly had any.
    Lol. How would you know?

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    anyways, why is this shi potian guy so great????? I mean, everytime I see people talk about him, he's always ranked above people like Xiao Feng and even Xu Zhu, and definitely ranked above the Greats. Some even say he is stronger than Tian shantonglao and li qiu shui!!!! What's so great about this guy????????? I mean, all he did was read the shapes on a wall and study it. why do people think he can take out legends like Xiao Feng and Xu Zhu?????????
    There was a *rumor* once that he jumped over the Pacific Ocean, landed in California, and then jumped back to China.

It's just a rumor, though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    There was a *rumor* once that he jumped over the Pacific Ocean, landed in California, and then jumped back to China.

It's just a rumor, though.
    no, he saw his love jump into the sea, panicked, and then jumped out of his boat, caught the girl, nearly fell into the water, threw the girl back onto the boat knocking 2 people down, stepped on a plank, and jumped back onto a boat.

impressive, but still don't understand why so many people rank him as the number one protagonist. I just don't see him taking on animals like Xiao Feng and Xu Zhu.

I'm not that educationed about SPT but he had massive internal energy even high than them. After he learned Ode to Gallantry martial arts the two elders couldn't do crap to him. SPT was a monster
    Yo momma cat

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by minutemanwayne View Post
    I'm not that educationed about SPT but he had massive internal energy even high than them. After he learned Ode to Gallantry martial arts the two elders couldn't do crap to him. SPT was a monster
    The Great Wheel Monk Jiu Muzhi basically did the same thing to Shao Lin temple like the two elders, and keep in mind that during Jiu MuZhi's time, the monks of Shao Lin were Waaaaaay stronger. yet none of the shao lin monks could do crap to Jiu MuZhi.

The two elders were strong for their time, but against the older legends of the JY universe like Jiu MuZhi, the elders would get trashed. Shi Potian has great internal, but do u guys seriously think he has better internal then Xu Zhu, who has 200 + years of internal???? And then Shi Potian sucks at fighting.

actually, SPT did not jump back to the boat. he jumped forward, launching himself like an arrow. the plank beneath his feet flew with him due to the back force. so the plank landed under his feet when he ht the water, he caught granny bai and ah bi and used the borrow force skill to turn their momentum around and sent them to the boat. the boat was pretty close to the cliff already, several zhangs maybe. the granny and ah bi fell several zhang towards the sea so the force was considerable, similar to ZWJ catching the elite fighters at the pagoda and redirecting them safely with QKDNY. SPT himself fell into the water after sending granny bai and ah bi to the boat and had to use the plank to stay afloat as he swam back to the boat.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword View Post
    actually, SPT did not jump back to the boat. he jumped forward, launching himself like an arrow. the plank beneath his feet flew with him due to the back force. so the plank landed under his feet when he ht the water, he caught granny bai and ah bi and used the borrow force skill to turn their momentum around and sent them to the boat. the boat was pretty close to the cliff already, several zhangs maybe. the granny and ah bi fell several zhang towards the sea so the force was considerable, similar to ZWJ catching the elite fighters at the pagoda and redirecting them safely with QKDNY. SPT himself fell into the water after sending granny bai and ah bi to the boat and had to use the plank to stay afloat as he swam back to the boat.
    ah......... thank you. shi potian is the best no doubt now hahahaha.