Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dark Tales I-II 《聊齋I-II》

I have no idea who sang the theme song in Dark Tales 1 but I like the song a lot.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

I remember watching this series, but I don't remember much of it at all. It was one of the many movies I liked when I was a kid.

a little island east of america and west of europe

The theme song to the first series is called 隔世情 (Gak Sai Ching / Ge Shi Qing) "Reincarnated Love".

The second series song is called 只當是個夢 (Ji Dong Si Go Mung / Zhi Dang Shi Ge Meng) "Just Like a Dream"

Both are sung by Cass Phang 彭羚.

I love this serie too, I watch both part one and two. the stories on part two is not as good as part one in my opinion. The casts were wonderful. I love vivian leung and patrick tam on part two.
    ''It is not so important to know everything as to appreciate what we learn.''

Quote Originally Posted by Em
    The theme song to the first series is called 隔世情 (Gak Sai Ching / Ge Shi Qing) "Reincarnated Love".

The second series song is called 只當是個夢 (Ji Dong Si Go Mung / Zhi Dang Shi Ge Meng) "Just Like a Dream"

Both are sung by Cass Phang 彭羚.

I love the themesong to the first part of the series. Cass Phang is one of my favorite HK artist.

Quote Originally Posted by GIgis
    I love this serie too, I watch both part one and two. the stories on part two is not as good as part one in my opinion. The casts were wonderful. I love vivian leung and patrick tam on part two.
    I just rewatched part 1 and part 2 because I did not follow through the first time around. Part one stories were much better but in part two, I thought Patrick Tam and Noel Leung was so cute together with a better casts.

I like Dark Tales 2 than 1.

The most impress eps is "Monster Mother". Louissa did a good job!
    ::RLzoo:: -> Fan site of Raymond Lam

Welcome

They showed these on the Jade channel a couple months back and I was hooked on it, too bad I had to watch like 4 hours a day.

I think I saw Dark Tales 1, but I barely recognized the people with the exception of a few. I loved the stories, though it seemed a bit hurriedly ended and began, though it could be because it was cut for TV to show each story in 4 hours. The stories I remember are about one guy who goes to learn Taoism/Magic and turns out to be a natural talent while his master isn't very powerful at all. He meets a ghost friend and encounters a family of Fox Spirits, and eventually winds up marrying the daughter who is only Half-Fox and can turn human because she is not full blooded Fox-Spirit. It ended with him defeating the father Fox Spirit and ended. I didn't really recognize people in there, but it was still enjoyable.

The next story I watched was about a girl who apparently came back from the dead because her father is an expert sage who somehow pulled some strings, and is now getting punished in hell. Gallen Lo is her husband I think and I really don't remember much of it, but it was a fun watch also. I recognized a few TVB actors in it.

I didn't get a chance to watch anymore, but I loved what I saw, but I'd like to clarify that I was indeed watching Dark Tales 1 and it was a TVB production, since I can't seem to find synopsi of epsidoes anywhere. I'd appreciate some summaries of other stories in either 1 or 2 if anyone can, though I probably plan on buying and watching this series sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by tape
    They showed these on the Jade channel a couple months back and I was hooked on it, too bad I had to watch like 4 hours a day.

I think I saw Dark Tales 1, but I barely recognized the people with the exception of a few. I loved the stories, though it seemed a bit hurriedly ended and began, though it could be because it was cut for TV to show each story in 4 hours. The stories I remember are about one guy who goes to learn Taoism/Magic and turns out to be a natural talent while his master isn't very powerful at all. He meets a ghost friend and encounters a family of Fox Spirits, and eventually winds up marrying the daughter who is only Half-Fox and can turn human because she is not full blooded Fox-Spirit. It ended with him defeating the father Fox Spirit and ended. I didn't really recognize people in there, but it was still enjoyable.
    That guy you're talking about is Howie Wong and the half-fox/half human daughter is played by Grace Yu Siu Fan.

Um, If I had time I'd give you a story by story synopsis but I don't.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by tape

That was my favorite story from part 1.

I didn't get a chance to watch anymore, but I loved what I saw, but I'd like to clarify that I was indeed watching Dark Tales 1 and it was a TVB production, since I can't seem to find synopsi of epsidoes anywhere. I'd appreciate some summaries of other stories in either 1 or 2 if anyone can, though I probably plan on buying and watching this series sometime soon.
    Does that mean you have not seen Dark Tales 2? I would say it would be worthy of your money and time to buy part 1. Honestly, I really would like to help you out on trying to give some summaries but it will take so long. Sorry, I'm not being any helpful eh?

I think Suet Seung will try to help...when she have time, perhaps before you end up buying the series
    Last edited by Versace; 04-05-07 at 12:13 PM.

I've seen parts of Dark Tales 2, such as the one where the underworld guardian exchanges his friend's wife's head for him, and one where a lady ghost has been trying to get married but she continually fails because she's already dead or something. It's pretty blurry so watching it again would be as good as watching a new series. Gotta wait for finals to be over before I purchase it though, can't be too distracted :P

Question VCD or DVD?

Does anyone know where I can purchase part 2, I'm watching bits of it on a TVB cable channel & I must watch em all~!

Sorry Tape Completely forgot about this thread because it was buried beneath this ever so popular forum. I don't know when I'll get around to writing summaries for each story.

But I do recommend watching both 1 and 2. I enjoyed the stories.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

i bought these two series, in vietnamese.
    can i get the titles to the minisodes?
    i remember i watched it when i was like 6/7 when my mom first got it (;
    if i finished, i'll definitly do a review, but i haven't been online / been blogging often.
    so OOOOPx
    but yea, i'll definitly (:
    i've been working too, so i'm so busy.
    the themes are excellent.
    btw, how do you guys get such good screenshots?
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

there are 2 parts to this story. the first part deals with the supernatural more, while the second is more about 'the moral of the story' type. it does still deal with supernatural but its more about learning a life lesson.

like the story with angie and jackie, i blieve the moral was to never judge a book by its cover. they ended the way they did because jackie believed all supernatural creatures are evil.

noel and jackie was about treasuring what you have before its to late.

i liked part one alot, but i think the storyline in part two was more romantic and tragic.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

i haven't been on in AGES! omg, i'm ALMOST done with the first part of this series. i want to do a review, but i haven't found the name & time.

the first story, in part one.

1. About good-caring doctor who hated the idea of this rich, noble family hunting deer in the mountain for blood. He saves a deer, and finds out that the deer is the 'The Deer God's brother' or something so the god blesses him. Then he falls in love with the noble, rich girl who was hunting the deer. He goes on a search to find eternal youth because she's reincarnated into a girl, but he'll be too old by the time they can marry. so he goes on this search to be young, but ends up getting help 'supernaturally' by a spring that can morph you into a younger person. But he morphed himself too young & ends up being old again. He ends up with the girl.

2. Same 'noble' girl. [i'll try find a pic]. She's an assasin this time. she falls in love with a 'married' man- who's a hunter. he's been trying to hunt a tiger all this time, but hasn't been able to. he saves a rich guy & becomes friends with him.... blah blah. [wasn't a very good one, i didn't see the naturalistic parts of it].

3. A 'retarded' man [gallen] is trying to find a wife; after many tries. but finally finds one in a fox-spirit [grace yui] who is PERFECT. but she bring many 'wierd' experiences to the family, and they kind of suspect something is wrong. Howie Huang, appears in here at the antagonist, who tries to tell everyone that gracie is a fox-spirit. but she's actually the physical form of this OTHER girl who's exactly the same as her.... she ends up merging into that girl & being with gallen.

4. Howie Huang is a taoist monk who has better 'ghost ridding' skills than his master. he ends up befriending the 'molesting' ghost but falls in love with a fox-spirit [grace]. they kind of have a tragic love, as her father doesn't accept their love. howie uses the ghost to help win her over. she turns human because she is half-fox-spirit-half-human so whichever she resides with she's most likely to be. they end up together, because howie & his master cuts off her father's tail.

5. involves gallen & grace. he has a bad past with marriages. his brother is kind of a fortune teller,& says that he can't marry unless the family spirits agree. he finally meets grace, but grace is a wandering ghost. her father is a famous-fortune teller & works of 'iem duong' -- the guy who runs the underworld. with the 18 stories? something like....... he made is so that the two would meet each other, and marry to get rid of their family hate. but finds out that this 'evil nun-lady' [she's into voo-doo] is the form of grace's father rival, & she's out to kill grace. confusing, i know. if i kenw the names it'd be easier. haha. (;

anyways, i'm off to watch part 2 sooooon.
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

Default Dark Tales, Pls help!

there was 1 story in dark tales that i never got to finish. i found it online the other night but it was cut off 3 mins of the final episode. i don't know what happen!!!

its the 1 with gallen lo and he's mentally retarded and he married a fox demon i believe. in the end she said that she had to give up 100 of her whatever and she fused with the mortal girl that looks like her---- and then what? i was cut off RIGHT THERE!!

did she only get 1 night to see him? was it happily ever after? WHAT WHAT?! my parents rented this back when it 1st came out but we got a poor quality copy and at the end of THAT story i was cut off. i don't wanna wait for another 10 yrs and search for it again to know the ending.

PLS! someone help me!

They have happy ending...
    I think the two girls combine into one.....

Quote Originally Posted by Gatzbee View Post
    there was 1 story in dark tales that i never got to finish. i found it online the other night but it was cut off 3 mins of the final episode. i don't know what happen!!!

its the 1 with gallen lo and he's mentally retarded and he married a fox demon i believe. in the end she said that she had to give up 100 of her whatever and she fused with the mortal girl that looks like her---- and then what? i was cut off RIGHT THERE!!

did she only get 1 night to see him? was it happily ever after? WHAT WHAT?! my parents rented this back when it 1st came out but we got a poor quality copy and at the end of THAT story i was cut off. i don't wanna wait for another 10 yrs and search for it again to know the ending.

PLS! someone help me!
    Basically, the fox demon has always assumed the looks of the fated wife of the main guy and married him. So when the real girl appeared, she had to give up their relationship. But the main guy was opposed to the marriage and wouldn't even look at his fiancee.

So the fox demon possessed the fiancee of the the main guy, and then went to see him. Assumed they got married, so in a way, he married both the girl and the fox demon, so it was not against fate. They lived happily ever after.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I really like Dark Tales 1 & 2. All the stories are good except the two stories with Jacky Liu. I hate both stories especially the one with Noel Leung.... Noel is great in there, but Jacky is just an aho that you wish you can cut off his nuts....

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao View Post
    I'm sorry if there's already another thread like this, but I already looked around and couldn't find any. I want to know more about Dark Tales. I just saw a music video thingy and it looked interesting. If anyone could give any informations or post and pictures that would be great!

Does this have a Chinese title?
    Well u can try to find it in http://www.tudou.com and type in the chinese name [TVB] then u can find it ^^ im already watching Dark Tales I x33