Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dark Tales I-II 《聊齋I-II》

Default Dark Tales I-II 《聊齋I-II》

I'm sorry if there's already another thread like this, but I already looked around and couldn't find any. I want to know more about Dark Tales. I just saw a music video thingy and it looked interesting. If anyone could give any informations or post and pictures that would be great!

Does this have a Chinese title?
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-30-08 at 10:20 PM.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

I watched this series a long time ago on TV. I wasn't sure which part I watched (actually I'm not even aware there are two parts to this series). It was the one with Cass Phang singing the opening theme song (and I love the song soo much too!). I remember I enjoyed this series immensely. The series is made up of several short stories that centre around the supernaturals and incorporate Chinese cultures and myths into them. There is a lot of interesting things you can learn from this series about cultural beliefs and animism, IMO. They have some really pure romantic plots as well. I remember the cast included some non-TVB actors. The only TVB actors that I can remember are Gallen Lo and Cindy Au. TVB Square provided the Chinese title as "聊斋."

I highly recommend this series. Actually, I myself hope to be able to watch this series again.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMei
    I watched this series a long time ago on TV. I wasn't sure which part I watched (actually I'm not even aware there are two parts to this series). It was the one with Cass Phang singing the opening theme song (and I love the song soo much too!). I remember I enjoyed this series immensely. The series is made up of several short stories that centre around the supernaturals and incorporate Chinese cultures and myths into them. There is a lot of interesting things you can learn from this series about cultural beliefs and animism, IMO. They have some really pure romantic plots as well. I remember the cast included some non-TVB actors. The only TVB actors that I can remember are Gallen Lo and Cindy Au. TVB Square provided the Chinese title as "聊斋."

I highly recommend this series. Actually, I myself hope to be able to watch this series again.

It looks really good. I was hoping if anyone had anymore information. I want to watch it but I want to know more about it first. If anyone has some pictures to post or anything...
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

I love Dark Tales 1 & 2 and I recommend it too!! I hope TVB will produce more ghost story series.

It has been a while since I saw these series, so I don't remember the details but I did enjoy it. I didn't find any synopsis but I did find some cast information and lots of pictures for Dark Tales 2...

Dark Tales 2 consists of eight stories. No. episodes: 64.

Cast: Mak Cheung Ching, Celine Ma Tai Lo, Angie Cheung, Noel Leung Siu Bing, Jackie Lui, Alvina Kong Yan Yin, Patrick Tam Yiu Man, Melissa Ng Mei Hang, Dickenson Lee, Lily Lee, Benny Chan ho Man, Florence Kwok, Joyce Chan, Rain Lau, Louisa So, Deric Kwok, Joey Leung

Last edited by Bubblegum; 10-12-05 at 05:34 PM.
    Have you learned to love one another?

I can't link the pictures from http://armedreaction.tripod.com/dt2/ so I've uploaded them to mine:

credits to asianphen.net

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/bubblecity/talesstory8-1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/bubblecity/Pro_240_3k.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/bubblecity/Pro_240_8.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/bubblecity/dark5.jpg')
    Last edited by Bubblegum; 10-12-05 at 05:09 PM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/bubblecity/dark6.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/bubblecity/untitledgh.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/bubblecity/Pro_240_12.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/bubblecity/Pro_240_16.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/bubblecity/Pro_240_19.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/bubblecity/untitledtrt.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/bubblecity/Pro_240_3.jpg')

Ooohh... thanks for the pics! They look really pretty! I can't help but think... I've seen these actors/actresses somewhere before... maybe I've seen this show before? I dunno... what year did it come out?

The swords look funny, like they're toys or something. I want one lol
    Last edited by Da Bao; 10-13-05 at 02:20 AM.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Some of the actors/actress play in other stories but in different roles. I don't know but may be you have seen them somewhere.

Dark Tales I & II came out in 96 and 98.

I want those swords too hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum
    Some of the actors/actress play in other stories but in different roles. I don't know but may be you have seen them somewhere.

Dark Tales I & II came out in 96 and 98.

I want those swords too hehe.
    What I wouldn't give to have those swords... lol

It looks really familiar though....
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

i love this series, especially the one about the girls who turned into birds.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_bigmouth
    i love this series, especially the one about the girls who turned into birds.
    I'm beggining to love this series too.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Banned

dark tales 2 was superb , one of my favourites , chinese fantasy/sorcery at it's best without any big name actors .

I did a short review on this . search " rokko's reviews ".

I really miss the theme song by Cass Pang..anyone knows the title and where I can find it?

I remember getting scared by the last story with Gallen Lo in Dark Tales 1 , and touched by the story in Dark tales 2 with Lousia So n how she died on her wedding day and her and her son's (Benny) relationship!
    I miss this series, i think it's avaliable on VCD actually, might buy it...
    Life is what U make it...
    ...So make sure U live with no regrets...
    ...and live it to the MAXX!!!

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    I really miss the theme song by Cass Pang..anyone knows the title and where I can find it?
    That's what I've been asking...
    If anyone knows please tell me! Or at the very least the Chinese title.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

I've only seen Dark Tales 2 and I enjoyed it. I thought the lessons/themes from the stories were really nice and unique. Hehe, also the stories themselves were pretty interesting to watch. The cast did a good job in protrayal!

Thanks for the pics Bubblegum Hehe, brings back memories! I loved the first story with Jackie and Noel! It was really touching Espically that scene where Noel was "forced" to either kill him or be doomed as a bird forever.

I also really enjoyed the final story with Jackie, Angie, Deric, Florence, and etc. It was just touching seeing Angie and Jackie develop a relationship. But my favorite character in that has to be Deric. Throughout he was very carefree and knew right from wrong. Even when Jackie didn't believe Angie's story and all, Deric was still there to take care of her and stand by her side. I was really sad for his ending! He deserved better!!!

Hehe, Benny's stories were cute. I liked seeing him pair with Joyce Chen and Rain Lau since kept making me think of JTTW2, hehe His mother and son relationshp with Louisa sure was touching. But don't forget his father son relationship with Deric as well!!

Lol, the most amusing story would probably be Joey Leung and Louisa So's. Seeing them pair together was really nice since I thought they were amusing in DIF1&2.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

Gundam-Freedom
    Unregistered

I remember watching this series but I can't remember what happen

[ http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept...id-1002901301/ ]

i have this (DARK TALES 1) dubbed, but i was wondering IF ANYONE KNOWS what the general synopsis and what the story was called in LIAO ZHAI (the book). i know what happens but i would like to understand the story better.

thanks!
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

I'm watching Dark Tales 1, there are a lot of stars in this series. I love watching ancient series filled with fantasies and supernatural. Too bad TVB don'e make such series anymore. All they produced nowadays are romantic series with lousy ending.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Awwwww...I miss this series so much. It was so great despite the terrible effect, but I still loved it. Some of the stories in here are really heartbreaking and sad, especially the one I loved most starring Noel and Jackie where Noel was a magical bird but willingly turned into a mortal because she loved Jackie..the most saddest scene had to be when she'd rather be banish into a weakling parrot than kill Jackie, and in the end, Jackie realized who really cared and stayed with him always when he was in need, that shows that you should treasure what you have before you lost it..anyways, I just recently found and watched this in Google, or you can also watch it in Youtube, but Google has better quality, just typed in Lieu Trai and it'll give you the the searches. The exception of this one as my favorite story, I also liked two of Benny's part and Noel's second story with Patrick. It was all touching. By the way, I really love the themesong Cass Pang sings for the intro. It so nice!! Oh yeah, did any of you know she also sings for Dark Tales 1?
    "Dreams Can Come True."