Thread: Learning the Dog Beating Stick

Default Learning the Dog Beating Stick

Was it ever stated how long it took HR to learn the full Dog Beating Stick (DBS).

I was trying to compare the learning curve for XF/H7G and HR.

Given that H7G was not fully confident of his DBS before the 1st Mt Hua, it would seem that he did take some time to master that skill (unless its so coincidental that his Master taught him that skill 2 days before the competition).

XF was pronounced chief only very shortly before the incident where he got thrown out of Beggar Sect, so unless Wang Jian Tong taught him the skill before he was made chief (not possible given the rules of the Sect), he must have learnt it in a rather short time.

YG seemed to have understood everything when H7G and HR talked about the techniques and inner aspects pretty instantly too.

So was H7G slow in that aspect?

hahaha perhaps he was busy looking for extreme Delicacies that slowed him down? lol

Quote Originally Posted by druid
    hahaha perhaps he was busy looking for extreme Delicacies that slowed him down? lol

Nah...H7G was not as smart as HR and YG...HR is the smartest i guess...
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许
    What on earth is love? Love is something that makes you willing to die for your beloved

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    YG seemed to have understood everything when H7G and HR talked about the techniques and inner aspects pretty instantly too.

So was H7G slow in that aspect?
    Well, it's one thing to learn it and another to master it to levels where you can have a chance to defeat four other Greats and win a Mt. Hua Sword Tournament. Wong Yung at the end of LOCH and Yeung Gor after his first visit to Mt. Hua might have learned all there is to learn about the Dog Beating Stick Technique's concepts, but neither was a serious threat to a Great yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Well, it's one thing to learn it and another to master it to levels where you can have a chance to defeat four other Greats and win a Mt. Hua Sword Tournament. Wong Yung at the end of LOCH and Yeung Gor after his first visit to Mt. Hua might have learned all there is to learn about the Dog Beating Stick Technique's concepts, but neither was a serious threat to a Great yet.

I agree but wad H7G was best at is XL18Z...which i think was the only martial arts that can par with the Greats..
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许
    What on earth is love? Love is something that makes you willing to die for your beloved

pardon me but did Yang guo ever went to Mt. Hua? i know GJ did... but as for Yang Guo... cant seem to remember...

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_Long_nu
    I agree but wad H7G was best at is XL18Z...which i think was the only martial arts that can par with the Greats..
    Hung 7 Gung regarded the Dog Beating Stick as his most exquisite skill. He used the Hong Lung 18 Palms all the time, but he kept Dog Beating Stick Technique in reserve for the Mt. Hua Sword Tournament. Until that time, he had never exhibited the skill in public (it was to be the ace up his sleeve).

pardon me but did Yang guo ever went to Mt. Hua? i know GJ did... but as for Yang Guo... cant seem to remember...

yess he did after the battle against JLFW...he and XLN and GX went up together...
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许

pardon me but did Yang guo ever went to Mt. Hua?
    Mt. Hua is where Yeung Gor met North Beggar Hung 7 Gung and ate boiled centipedes with him and where a few days later, Yeung Gor watched Hung 7 Gung and Au Yeung Fung die.

oh ok... i never knew that was mount hua... heck that one trip proved to be a good one... just look at how much he learned and benefited gosh! lucky chap

oh ok... i never knew that was mount hua... heck that one trip proved to be a good one... just look at how much he learned and benefited gosh! lucky chap
    Half of living a successful life is being at the right place at the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    Half of living a successful life is being at the right place at the right time.

Thats just wad JY wrote..who can have such luck in real life lol...almost 1 in a millionth or a billionth..?
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许

being at the right place at the right time seems to be the common theme for most JY heros... thats where they learned powerful skills/given pointers/taught... lol

being at the right place at the right time seems to be the common theme for most JY heros... thats where they learned powerful skills/given pointers/taught... lol

Maybe JY loves heroes to crazily meet upon other greater heroes lol...i guess most of his novels are heroes being at the right place at the right time..
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许

almost every book is about being at the right place the right time

GJ - met H7G at the right time to learn HL18Z
    YG - met with OYF and H7G on Mt Hua
    LHC - met FQY on top of the hill
    ZWJ - was luck to get trapped in the bag
    WXB - he is always lucky to escape without being jinjured and not knowing any marital arts
    DY - happen to to find BMSG
    XZ - solve the qi puzzle

Ken, can i just ask if you are the boss of this whole forum thing?

Quote Originally Posted by yeung gor 2
    Ken, can i just ask if you are the boss of this whole forum thing?
    Oh my, now we have a yeung gor 2.

Ken is the moderator of the Wuxia Fiction forum, not the boss of the entire SPCNet, if that's what you're asking.

I am new here too. Apparently if you misbehave or praise YG, he will XL18 palm you. Well maybe not the praising YG part, but others here will.

kkk......i wont praise him too much