View Poll Results: Which of these attacks have the most potential?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • HL18palms-XF

9 34.62%
  • sad palms-YG

6 23.08%
  • 6MSJ-DY

10 38.46%
  • rock throwing-XY

1 3.85%

Thread: potential of attacks

Default potential of attacks

which attack do u think has the most potential

Quote Originally Posted by yeung gor 2
    which attack do u think has the most potential
    wat do u mean by 'potential'?

Like the more sad YG is the stronger sad palm is and the more drunken and pissed KF is the stronger HL18palms is, which is strongest when at full potential

Rock throwing has potentially greater range.

Pure inner force attacks can't travel more then 50 feet. But JY fighters can throw daggers,swords,rocks much further then 50 feet (i.e. HYS using the pebble to attack JLFW from far away).

You should use XZ with 6 Yang Palm/Shen Shi Fu instead of rocks.

a Rock throwing technique? More details, please.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

sorry forget bout that

But rock throwing isn't really even a technique. Anyone can do it. The power depends on the user's internal energy.
    "I will punish the evil and protect the weak, superboy is in a winning streak. The sky's peak is what I seek"

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    Like the Chinese daying: "Slaying hens is not dependant on an ox's knife."
    XZ can already use pinecones (those soft 'fruits' that fall off trees) to kill people before the complete infusion. I think bullet proof vests would immediately spring to mind if his preference for projectiles were rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanky Panky
    Like the Chinese daying: "Slaying hens is not dependant on an ox's knife."
    XZ can already use pinecones (those soft 'fruits' that fall off trees) to kill people before the complete infusion. I think bullet proof vests would immediately spring to mind if his preference for projectiles were rocks.
    Given how these guys can cut metal and shatter walls with palm energy, I don't think bullet proof vests will help.... Need a tank.

I would say Melacholic Sad Palm because the more sad, the more powerful. It said in the book against the fight against JLFW, since YG was reunited with XLN, he was no longer sad, so though the palm power was still strong due to strong internal, the power of the palm was still strong, but limited. Naturally, when he fought ZBT and competed a little with HYS, he was using his limit of Melacholic Sad Palm. However, that's HIS limit. Pretend XLN was killed, all his parents didn't care about him (just pretend this stuff, not real), GJ died of disease, GX turned to the bad side. Hm...., I wonder, wouldn't the power of Melacholic Sad Palm be raised several knothes? If that were to happen, I would no longer be sure of my descision of ZWJ over YG.

I would say Melacholic Sad Palm because the more sad, the more powerful. It said in the book against the fight against JLFW, since YG was reunited with XLN, he was no longer sad, so though the palm power was still strong due to strong internal, the power of the palm was still strong, but limited. Naturally, when he fought ZBT and competed a little with HYS, he was using his limit of Melacholic Sad Palm. However, that's HIS limit. Pretend XLN was killed, all his parents didn't care about him (just pretend this stuff, not real), GJ died of disease, GX turned to the bad side. Hm...., I wonder, wouldn't the power of Melacholic Sad Palm be raised several knothes? If that were to happen, I would no longer be sure of my descision of ZWJ over YG.
    Exactly my perspective of this

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    I would say Melacholic Sad Palm because the more sad, the more powerful.
    I think there's a limit to this, just as there's a limit to how sad a person can get (besides, is it even possible the quantify an emotion?). There's no such thing as "infinite sadness" (except in the title of an excellent Smashing Pumpkins album from the 90s, but I digress) and infinite inner power derived thereof.

Banned

*pisses all over the jin yong books, pours gasoline, light on fire*

well that is that...none of them are as powerful as me

talk about potential....

the more i think about this thread the more pissed off i get...

Quote Originally Posted by Panadol
    *pisses all over the jin yong books, pours gasoline, light on fire*

well that is that...none of them are as powerful as me

talk about potential....

the more i think about this thread the more pissed off i get...
    LOL, calm down :P

Quote Originally Posted by yeung gor 2
    Like the more sad YG is the stronger sad palm is and the more drunken and pissed KF is the stronger HL18palms is, which is strongest when at full potential
    These "Potential" attack are not really limited to those named above, and everyone's had the "potential" to produce more power than possible.

Example when GJ is at the Iron Palm Peak, he was able to receive the Iron Sand Palm from QQR. He even took on both QQR and OYF at the same time. At the 2nd Hua Shan Tournament, H7G's unleashed a full power XL18Z, and GJ was still able to match it. In which, most of us in here agree that GJ's internal power is still not on the same level as the great.

Even ZWJ when fighting against the 3 monks at the end of the novel; when he decide to give up his life to save his godfather. He gained the upper hand in the battle, while he was on the losing end before, IIRC.

And the potential of each person depend on personality, emotion, and the situation. It is not depended on the martial arts practiced, because each martial arts would have different effect.
    Last edited by TaiHan; 10-16-05 at 12:21 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted
    LOL, calm down :P
    hehe sorry i was annoyed and needed to vent.

Had a rough saturday, two patients cancelled on me wasting my whole day (I work saturday mornings and they were booked like 6 months ahead...). I could have taken the day off. Then I had to wait at the airport for my sister in law whose flight was delayed. had a bad meal at the restaurant, the waiter spilled wine over my suit....completely annoyed me, sorry, seing this thread really got me upset lol...sorry guys

XZ on full potentail! definately! shame he couldnt unleah his full though!
    If You Love something, Let it Go...
    If It Comes Back Then It's Yours...
    If It Doesn't Then It Never Was...

Quote Originally Posted by Taihan
    And the potential of each person depend on personality, emotion, and the situation. It is not depended on the martial arts practiced, because each martial arts would have different effect.
    Yeah, I believe certain emotions does lead to a multiplier effect on the way a fighter performs. Not only do they carry an adverse impact on them but also may give an extra hand on their abilities.

I think a lot of people do have a ‘Sad Palm’ in their techniques, it’s just that YG expressed himself more than anyone else. XF’s fighting ability also maybe stemmed from his state of mind, I don’t think I need to argue that he’s normally pissed. And no wonder, nearly everyone that’s closed to him has died. Yang Guo’s wife didn’t die and still he ruled the Wulin. On the other hand, XF’s future wife not only died but by way of his own hands. When these outbreaks of emotions are given free rein to his martial arts, it can be a scary thought. Before Ah Zhu died, his ‘Mighty Dragon With Repent’ didn’t seem so dominant when he was up against the Xuan-ranked monks. But after that, he invented multi-fireball combos with that technique.

One person who has converse results from such emotions is Guo Jing. In LOCH, he threw a ‘Mighty Dragon With Repent’ at HYS (with reason of believing that he killed his Jiangnan Freak masters). He went for ‘might’ and forgot to ‘repent’, big mistake…especially when it was HYS. HYS easily tripped him over. Of course, this technique seemed ‘mellowed-up’ in ROCH but it is one of many techniques that sculpted him into one of the greatest martial artists in the Song period. His true potential flourished because of that.

So as you can see, potential cannot just be revealed in sad or pissed state. But such powers drawn from them do have drawbacks. E.g. YG can’t deliver when he’s happy and XF can get reckless.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanky Panky
    So as you can see, potential cannot just be revealed in sad or pissed state. But such powers drawn from them do have drawbacks. E.g. YG can’t deliver when he’s happy and XF can get reckless.
    A big example is Sweeper Monk, this potential is unleashed with perfection and control, IMO.