Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Hana Yori Dango Jdrama...

I tried one episode and didn't really like it both the show and Matsu Jun's dao ming si plus the rest of the cast so far. The background music used is so Harry Potterish and I burst out laughing when Shan Cai actually commented the same thing about Dao Ming Si's Dining Room.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    I tried one episode and didn't really like it both the show and Matsu Jun's dao ming si plus the rest of the cast so far. The background music used is so Harry Potterish and I burst out laughing when Shan Cai actually commented the same thing about Dao Ming Si's Dining Room.
    Oh dear ... that must be the part where he tried to threaten her to back down from her challenge. Perhaps you should give it a few more episodes. I can only say that I liked Matsujun's portrayal of Domyouji the best. The rest were all right but nothing quite memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    Oh dear ... that must be the part where he tried to threaten her to back down from her challenge. Perhaps you should give it a few more episodes. I can only say that I liked Matsujun's portrayal of Domyouji the best. The rest were all right but nothing quite memorable.
    I am afraid Hana Yori is going to have to take a backseat to Kurosagi at the moment and a really sad serial starring Ninomiya Katzunari. I will give this serial a chance and try a couple more epsiodes again but later.

agreed - i'd have to say, Rui didn't have to do much acting, and the other two seemed more like sidekicks rather than part of F4. And Inoue Mao was a good actress, but then again, any one could do that role. but she did seem to identify with Makino in some level as well

Quote Originally Posted by kaedejun
    agreed - i'd have to say, Rui didn't have to do much acting, and the other two seemed more like sidekicks rather than part of F4. And Inoue Mao was a good actress, but then again, any one could do that role. but she did seem to identify with Makino in some level as well

I disagee.. not all ppl can pull Tsukushi off. I personally didn't think Barbie pulled a good Tsukisuhi
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I disagee.. not all ppl can pull Tsukushi off. I personally didn't think Barbie pulled a good Tsukisuhi

Barbie?! the doll?? *confused* Barbie can't act...

that's true, but it's also a lot less complicated a character compared to Doumyouji. Matsujun did well in that role. And i did say Inoue Mao was good - it's just, that role is more typical and therefore anyone could do that role - whether they succeed or not is another question.

Quote Originally Posted by kaedejun
    Barbie?! the doll?? *confused* Barbie can't act...

that's true, but it's also a lot less complicated a character compared to Doumyouji. Matsujun did well in that role. And i did say Inoue Mao was good - it's just, that role is more typical and therefore anyone could do that role - whether they succeed or not is another question.

Barbie Su.. erm from Meteor Garden taiwan version? She was pretty bland as Tsukushi

Barbie Su.. erm from Meteor Garden taiwan version? She was pretty bland as Tsukushi
    I've never watched Meteor Garden but wasn't that how Barbie gained fame in the Taiwanese entertainment circle? Blandness aside...

If there're a few things I can wish for, I'd hope that they exclude further mention of that apple story in HYD2. I never quite got it and I thought it was utterly silly. And that Oguri Shun would get his portrayal of Rui together. I didn't know what to make of Rui in HYD. In fact, I found myself preferring Sojiro.

OHHHHHH!

now i get it yeah i didnt' watch that version =P

And that Oguri Shun would get his portrayal of Rui together. I didn't know what to make of Rui in HYD. In fact, I found myself preferring Sojiro.
    I was drawn to Rui in HYD initially, same as the time I watched Meteor garden, I like Rui in all versions of the Hana Yori Dango (anime, manga, TV series). Somehow, both Vic Chou and Oguri Shun fails to accurately portray the feeling of Rui in the manga, however, I do think Vic did a much better job than Shun. Shun smiled too much and was too happy in the show, quite a stark difference from the manga Rui.

I prefer Inoue Mao as Tsukishi as well, she's definitely more kawaii than Barbie, but again I have the same problem with both portrayals of Tsukishi. Both of them don't quite match up to the poor and plain but very tough Tsukishi in the manga. And neither of them chop off their hair for the show... ah well...

Actually, I quite like Barbie Hsu's Shan Cai. Its more of after I find out how she is like in real life..that she is *****y and somewhat vain and superficial to me that I didn't like her very much as an artist. It could be because she did a decent job a s Shan Cai and also the first actress that did the role so my memeory of shan Cai stayed with her.

barbie just couldn't vive me that feel of tsukushi. When i watched her.. she almost had lil emotions during the scenes when she needed EMOTIONS

I didn't realize that some words were unacceptable at this forum and were automatically censored until I saw the *** that appeared after the message was posted.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I've pm-ed you the songs you want, did you recieve. Sorry about it, I sent the pm and forgot to post a reply here.

I don't really pay attention to the lyrics of the song when it was played during the show, anyway I think HYD overplayed Planetarium, every single touching or remotely touching scene, it would play in the background. But I do think it's a very very nice song.
    hey thanks for giving me the mp3 songs...i really appreciate it! Does HYD have an OST? Do u happen to have it?

Yes, HYD has an OST but I did not download it since the OST will probably contains the Harry Potterish background music which was really... strange.

Yes, HYD has an OST but I did not download it since the OST will probably contains the Harry Potterish background music which was really... strange.
    oh okay..thanks...

I was drawn to Rui in HYD initially, same as the time I watched Meteor garden, I like Rui in all versions of the Hana Yori Dango (anime, manga, TV series). Somehow, both Vic Chou and Oguri Shun fails to accurately portray the feeling of Rui in the manga, however, I do think Vic did a much better job than Shun. Shun smiled too much and was too happy in the show, quite a stark difference from the manga Rui.

I prefer Inoue Mao as Tsukishi as well, she's definitely more kawaii than Barbie, but again I have the same problem with both portrayals of Tsukishi. Both of them don't quite match up to the poor and plain but very tough Tsukishi in the manga. And neither of them chop off their hair for the show... ah well...
    I agree...Oguri Shun wasn't aloof enough for Rui's character... somehow Vic's portrayal appealed to me more. I don't know about the rest of you all, but i found Rui's dressing in this version a little weird... it's stylish yes, but somehow i feel it doesn't fit Rui's character... I prefered Vic's version of loose fitting clothes...

I was happy to see that they covered the Miss Teen Japan contest in this drama... it was a really funny part...

Quote Originally Posted by pdt_85
    I agree...Oguri Shun wasn't aloof enough for Rui's character... somehow Vic's portrayal appealed to me more. I don't know about the rest of you all, but i found Rui's dressing in this version a little weird... it's stylish yes, but somehow i feel it doesn't fit Rui's character... I prefered Vic's version of loose fitting clothes...
    I think so too, Rui doesn't strike me as somebody who will be particular about his dressing, more like just wear whatever he happens to grab in the wardrobe. The nice and stylish clothes that Oguri Shun donned were not really suitable.

I think so too, Rui doesn't strike me as somebody who will be particular about his dressing, more like just wear whatever he happens to grab in the wardrobe. The nice and stylish clothes that Oguri Shun donned were not really suitable.
    mmm, now that you all mention this. Yeah, I agree. He dresses somewhat like the other F4 members except that he wears basic colours more often. The style is more of Prince Marbles haha. A prince! ahaha... oh yeah, beansprouts, have u added me?
    "Laugh as much as you can." :
    "Follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you are going to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs.

well, i think that HYD is a great jap drama and is definitely soemthing different from all the other boring shows in Singapore...initially i didnt really like this show cos i thot it was some boring Jap show, but after watching 10 mins of the first eps i totally got addicted...and as i watched on....Domyouji started looking more appealing although his hair was really...different... although i was rather sad that the series was so short and only had 9 eps...it was quite a let down for me as i wanted more...well glad to know that they are filiming season 2 but i think i have to wait quite long for it to come to S'pore...