Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Return of the Condor Heroes 98

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    Perhaps this has something to do with him ending up cutting so many scenes from the '06 version (and here I tend to disagree with what you said earlier; I think the '06 version omitted more characters and scenes than the '98 version, although the latter probably had more changes to the characters and scenes that it did show).
    Both shows seem to have about the same number of omissions; they just chose to leave out different things. I wouldn't expect any adaptation to keep in every scene from the book, but it would have been nice to see a little bit more in both versions.

I wonder why the creators of both series felt it necessary to add a scene of Li Mochou and Xiao Longnv meeting that didn't occur in the book?
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Noticed that HR didn't look very pregnant, considering she was carrying twins.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
    Noticed that HR didn't look very pregnant, considering she was carrying twins.
    Yeah, I thought they did that bit a little better in the '06 version. As I've said earlier, all the people in the '98 version seemed a little too young for the characters, except for Christopher Lee and Fann Wong.

The actress playing Guo Xiang is a charmer.

who did Zoe Tay played?
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

That's Yvonne Lim! I really likes her!

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    who did Zoe Tay played?
    Zoe Tay played Lu Wushuang's mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    That's Yvonne Lim! I really likes her!
    Yvonne Lim is my favourite Guo Xiang. Not quite as cute as Yang Mi was, but that's okay since I don't think Guo Xiang was supposed to be particularly cute.
    Last edited by Leonidas; 10-20-08 at 08:35 PM.

It's magic! YG jumps off Broken Heart Cliff wearing white clothing. He swims in to where XLN has been living for 16 years and his clothing is now dark blue! XLN's white clothing shows no signs of wear after 16 years??? It was a much better reunion scene than the 06 version though..

It's magic! YG jumps off Broken Heart Cliff wearing white clothing. He swims in to where XLN has been living for 16 years and his clothing is now dark blue! XLN's white clothing shows no signs of wear after 16 years??? It was a much better reunion scene than the 06 version though..
    I'll have to go watch that bit again because I don't remember what it was like. I notice a lot of those unexplained costume changes in wuxia shows.

I liked the reunion scene in '06, but I wish they'd stuck with the way it was described in the book, with her little hut reproducing the interior of the Ancient Tomb and YG starting to weep when he doesn't find her there... The swinging around on the vine was kind of odd.

Hated the ending!

Hated the ending!
    What was the ending?

oh the condor heroes leave guo xiang behind in the snow lor. haha. poor thing. she was so smitten with yang guo for the rest of her life that she eventually became a nun.

I'm finally watching this adaptation after hearing how horrible it was but Christopher Lee is surprisingly good as Yang Guo. Fann Wong is disappointing though. I don't really like how her hair or makeup was done. Can't wait for Guo Xiang to come in!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarafina View Post
    I'm finally watching this adaptation after hearing how horrible it was but Christopher Lee is surprisingly good as Yang Guo. Fann Wong is disappointing though. I don't really like how her hair or makeup was done. Can't wait for Guo Xiang to come in!
    I liked Christopher Lee in this series, but I was disappointed by some of the changes to the story and how generally low-budget the whole production looked.

But if it hadn't been for this version I wouldn't have known about ROCH or Jin Yong novels at all, so it will always hold a special place for me.

I know what you mean about the changes now. I just finished watching a few more episodes and Huang Rong's wavering opinion of Yang Guo bothers me so much. First, she distrusts him as a kid, which is quite understandable. Then, years later, she gives a really touching speech about how she will try her best to teach him everything she knows because she wants to help Guo Jing fulfill his promise. But afterwards, in a private scene with Guo Jing, she then takes back what she said and thinks that Yang Guo has a bad upbringing because of his relationship with Xiao Long Nu.

I find her switching back and forth really annoying considering who she's the daughter of.

But Ou Yang Fong and Hong Qi Gong's reunion on Hua Mountain was awesome. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Sarafina View Post
    I know what you mean about the changes now. I just finished watching a few more episodes and Huang Rong's wavering opinion of Yang Guo bothers me so much. First, she distrusts him as a kid, which is quite understandable. Then, years later, she gives a really touching speech about how she will try her best to teach him everything she knows because she wants to help Guo Jing fulfill his promise. But afterwards, in a private scene with Guo Jing, she then takes back what she said and thinks that Yang Guo has a bad upbringing because of his relationship with Xiao Long Nu.

I find her switching back and forth really annoying considering who she's the daughter of.

But Ou Yang Fong and Hong Qi Gong's reunion on Hua Mountain was awesome. ^_^
    Obviously Guo Jing rubbed off too much influence on her so she developed some sort of identity crisis.

Did you like Yvonne Lim's Guo Xiang? She's my favourite aside from Yang Mi's portrayal.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Fan Wong is hawt. i would watch this series if they actually have a DVD out

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://taykis.tripod.com/siulonglitcs.jpg')

Hehe, I'm only on episode 14 and they're already smack in the middle of the Loveless Valley plot. This version really sped through the first half so hopefully that means more screen time for Guo Xiang? ^_^

Me too! Me too! I like Fann Wong a lot too, just not in this series. She was great in Green Snake, White Snake! And sooo so pretty. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Ganryu View Post
    Fan Wong is hawt. i would watch this series if they actually have a DVD out
    Yes, they do have, but I'm not sure if it is distributed to overseas for purchase too.

It happens that i caught Christopher Lee filming in a location near to my workplace, with few other pretty ladies.

Aside with my prejudice against Lee, I observed him in a closer distance (whereby I overheard him talking casually) and noticed that he does fit that YG attitude, especially that jovial laughter (that loud enough Ha~ha~). Still, he looks undeniably old for the young YG.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

i found many similarities from the TVB ROCH 1995 in this 1998 version.