Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of the Condor Heroes 98

Was there ever a singapore version of LOCH?

Hmmm...I'm not sure. I don't think they did though. At least haven't heard anything on it if there is one.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I just discovered there is a singapore release of the TCS Return fo the Condor Heroes with Fann Wong & Chris Lee in mandarin with english subs.

Does anyone know of any online places where i can get it? It is so rare to find singapore vcd sets!

Originally posted by Dagger Lee
    Was there ever a singapore version of LOCH?
    nopes
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

I found somewhere that sells it online:
    Mandarin with eng subs
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6321823479

I don't think you can get it online anywhere else.

It makes you wonder what other series were released from singapore with english subs!
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!

That seller had some more titles before which had some english subs but now they don't seem to have much up.

I bought a set of Qin Shi Huang (China Series) from AsianMV and it had mandarin and english subs.

I was wondering about the Singapore series because in 1998 they also had the 8 immortals! Wonder if there are VCDs for that since ROCH of the same year had english.

Yes you can find series with english..........but WUXIA(Ancient) ones are a rarity unless its a rental from TVB.
    Journey To The West

I wouldn't mind seeing 8 Immortals either.

I just got my ROCH set from that ebay seller today and am now watching it. The video has a very blue tinge to it. Oh well. Can't complain now that i finally got it.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Hey Zhuge Liang,

So how is the series going along........how are the the fights?

Which disc are you on now!?
    Journey To The West

I actually liked Christopher Lee's Yang GUo. His look and acting was convincing.
    Fann Wong's XLN was.. hm.. rather cried alot.

Still recall blushing myself when I watched Fann Wong and Chri's kiss scene when they were escaping from Ancient Tomb from Li Mo Chu..
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

Does anyone know where I can get this serie dubbed in vietnamese on dvd or vcd format?

Banned

Yeah but it not origional though, it record from tapes.

www.tuanvcd.com

Email the guy in that site.

depending on which language you want it in, if you want it in chinese, then I have no idea but if your like me who watches it in thai then www.thainetcity.com is the best place...that's where I got my series...btw...I love Christoper Lee in this series...he's so so so so cute/hot. I love all the Return of the Condor Heroes series.

Hehe I like this series! Im currently on disc four, and I think the fighting is just as good as 93 Wuxia movies if not better in some ways.
    Journey To The West

Now Im at disc 8.....this series is addicting!!
    Journey To The West

Ok i've finished the series now. I retract what i said about the fights earlier. The first few fights were fine but later on they are quite poor as others had said. They do literally swing the camera around instead or use ridiculously fast editing so you can't see what is happening in place of good choreography. However, i still caught that half the time they are just dancing around and don't even connect with each other. I mean XLN Vs GWM at the Heroes meet. Some of it looked more like synchronised dancing! Also XLN & YG Vs GWM while holding GX, they just jumped towards each other position and didn't touch each other a few times!

Not all of the fighting is bad but if there wasn't the better fx technology and the wirework i think that the 80s TVB version fighting would be better choreographed as a whole. There was some impressive sequences but those tended to be when they were demonstrating qing gong.

They did some altering especially at the end. It wasn't really a big deal considering most series did it but GWM seems to be able to learn Yu Nu Xin Jing and 9 Yin in 3 days. ¬_¬ Guo Fu was way too nice.

On the plus side i think Chris Lee is my favourite Yang Guo. His acting was really good while Andy & Louis were not as good. Andy was way better at being playful though. Chris Lee was always looking like someone had just massacred his whole family.

Fann Wong was not quite as good as Idy or Carmen imo and did cry a bit much.

Li Mochou was surprisingly good. Second only to the 80s TVB one. Guo Xiang is the best one i have seen. Qui Chen Che on par with the TVB one.

Still very enjoyable and well paced. Strange that after this they did not attempt LOCH or HSDS but only that panned version of SOD.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

hi, new here ^_^

anyway, a bit offtopic, but anybody knows where i can get the full vcd set of ROCH'95?

and yeah, though it's been awhile since i last watched the singapore ROCH, IIRC, the fights were REALLY bad. And don't even get me started on fann wong as XLN

you can't it at yesaisa
    shu Oguri Rox!!! LUV LUV Nakayama Yuma>>

wow the singapore version of the condor heroes was aired quite long ago. I find it enjoyable then. But now, im unsure, perhaps technology improved way too fast and i find some of the scenes in the movie quite "fake" now.

Oh and look out for fann's new show, i think its called zhong wu yan or smth like that.