Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Return of the Condor Heroes 98

^ yeah back then i was a wu xia nut, naturally gobbled up everything, but it still pales in comparison to other versions.

and alyssa: i checked yesasia, no go, they only have the andy lau version, which i already have in my collection...dang...was wondering if ts or poh kim will have...?

Yang Guo is great, but my favorite character in this series is Li Mochou!!

I have no complaints in this series since its the only version I viewed because of the English Subtitles.

So for the first time seeing a Jin Yong Story, I enjoy how there always are new characters introduced, and there are quite a few subplots.

Im only half way done with the series where he is at the cave that the Condor leads him to.
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!

Well Jing Yong really has his way to make readers sympathise with teh characters. I felt sad for Yang Guo when he lost his arm <==== I was like, arh what a pity.

Any news of the various tv stations coming out with another ROCH? Im hoping to see who the new actors/actresses are.

Hey HynAvian since your in singapore is there a VCD set of the 8 imoortals and does it have english subtitles?

Havent got to the part when he loses his arm.........just love how many characters are introduced.
    Journey To The West

Quote Originally Posted by PotentBlend
    Hey HynAvian since your in singapore is there a VCD set of the 8 imoortals and does it have english subtitles?

Havent got to the part when he loses his arm.........just love how many characters are introduced.
    Hi PotentBlend, I was browsing through the vcd shop just now and I saw the vcds for the 8 immortals. However, Im unsure if there are english subtitles. I will help u to check it out perhaps next weekend?
    “十生死两茫茫,不思量,自难忘。”

Thanks for looking for them...........it would be great if they do have english subtitles!

Are the VCDs from Media Corp(TCS)........because on the VCD boxes of Return Of The Condor Heroes it clearly says english subtitles on the sides of the boxes.

Journey To The West

Quote Originally Posted by HynAvian
    Well Jing Yong really has his way to make readers sympathise with teh characters. I felt sad for Yang Guo when he lost his arm <==== I was like, arh what a pity.

Any news of the various tv stations coming out with another ROCH? Im hoping to see who the new actors/actresses are.
    and i was like, Go Go Guo Fu!

Hi PotentBlend, Im unsure if they are from TCS. (Most probably should be by TCS). I'll make a trip down to the vcd shops tmr night. If anyone else needs me to check out anything else, let me know. I will bring a list of qns and ask the uncle.
    “十生死两茫茫,不思量,自难忘。”

Thanks for looking HynAvian!!

Anything on VCD with english subtitles and is either Wuxia or Fantasy is great.

Can you please check if these three TCS series are on VCD with english subtitles:

8 Immortals
    The Legendary Swordsman
    Madam White Snake
    Last edited by PotentBlend; 09-26-04 at 03:10 PM.
    Journey To The West

I just got back from the vcd shop and here's what I found out....

Anything on VCD with english subtitles and is either Wuxia or Fantasy is great.

Can you please check if these three TCS series are on VCD with english subtitles:

8 Immortals
    The Legendary Swordsman
    Madam White Snake
    "8 Immortals"- I couldnt find the vcds for 8 Immortals at that shop today. But Im sure that I have seen it. When i ask the shop keeper he is unsure whether it is sold out or whether there is even a vcd for this show.

"The Legendary Swordsman"- Can I have the chinese name for this show? When I asked the shop keeper, he showed me The Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber Vcds. =x

"Madam White Snake" - Finally I saw this vcd in that shop but no english subtitles. Its selling at S$37.90 and not published by TCS. TCS got some other companies to come out with the vcds.

Sorry not much help here =(
    And the shopkeeper confirmed with me that as long as the series is produced in singapore with the TCS logo [<===erm I hope that u get what i mean] there will be english subtitles for those shows. Those few series include the recent unbeatables 3.
    “十生死两茫茫,不思量,自难忘。”

Hope you can find the 8 Immortals.....it should be made from TCS with english!!

Not sure of the Legendary Swordsman chinese name,maybe the chinese name is Xiao Ao Jiang Hu........since its based on that?

Here is a link to the review of the Legendary Swordsman:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/tcs_swordsman.shtml

Are there many VCDs shops where you are at?

I appreciate your help!!
    Journey To The West

I just got back from the vcd shop and here's what I found out....

"8 Immortals"- I couldnt find the vcds for 8 Immortals at that shop today. But Im sure that I have seen it. When i ask the shop keeper he is unsure whether it is sold out or whether there is even a vcd for this show.

"The Legendary Swordsman"- Can I have the chinese name for this show? When I asked the shop keeper, he showed me The Heavenly Sword and Dragon Saber Vcds. =x

"Madam White Snake" - Finally I saw this vcd in that shop but no english subtitles. Its selling at S$37.90 and not published by TCS. TCS got some other companies to come out with the vcds.

Sorry not much help here =(
    And the shopkeeper confirmed with me that as long as the series is produced in singapore with the TCS logo [<===erm I hope that u get what i mean] there will be english subtitles for those shows. Those few series include the recent unbeatables 3.
    The Chinese title for The Legendary Swordsman is Xiao Ao Jiang Hu.

Yang Guo is great, but my favorite character in this series is Li Mochou!!

I have no complaints in this series since its the only version I viewed because of the English Subtitles.

So for the first time seeing a Jin Yong Story, I enjoy how there always are new characters introduced, and there are quite a few subplots.

Im only half way done with the series where he is at the cave that the Condor leads him to.
    How do I get ROCH 98 with English subtitles? Is it on DVD or VCD?

Just finished the series, and I thought the end fight would have been bettter but it was very short!!!

The best fights were during the first 10 discs.....I liked the opening of Li Mochou when she was on a rampage the scenery and camera angle was great.

However, did someone else cheroegraph the fight scenes as the series went along? The fights in the first 1/3 of the series was great and then after that it seemed like someone else took over directing the fight scenes.

Li Mochou and Yang Guo were my favorites.

I have a couple of questions:

-He found three swords, a wooden sword, a very sharp sword and a unusual heavy sword. He never used or trained with the shaprest sword I noticed.......how are these swords related to Heaven Sword Dragon Sabre? (This is the first time seeing a Jin Yong Series).

-Is the Golden Wheel Monk always protrayed like this? He wasnt a typical villian who was a tyrannt.......he did think things out for the most part.

-At the end of the series it ends with Chinese letters across the screen as they leave the mountain. What does it say?
    Journey To The West

IIRC, Yang Guo's heavy sword was melted to forge Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre.

Was there any significance to the sword he didnt use at all(the sharpest one)!?

Thanks for the response Wuchang.
    Journey To The West

The sharpest sword was the beginner's sword.

The swords were left behind by Dugu Qiubai. He also left some stone inscriptions next to where Yang Guo found them. In them, Dugu Qiubai wrote that he used the sharpest sword in the beginning when he was making a name for himself.

In his 30s, he used the heavy sword and he was peerless in swordsmanship.

Then in his 40s, he moved on to the stage where "no sword is better than with sword". So anything, regardless of the material could be a formidable sword in his hand. Thus the wooden sword.

All this I got from reading the novel. I can't remember how the TV adaptations explained this.

Wuchang thanks again for the great response and insight......the TV series didnt explain this well!
    Journey To The West

Erm but i did remember the tv series mentioning it. Perhaps the subtitles did not explain it that clearly?
    “十生死两茫茫,不思量,自难忘。”

Erm but i did remember the tv series mentioning it. Perhaps the subtitles did not explain it that clearly?
    Yea I dont think it was explained clearly.

It's funny to see how in both ROCH and Star Wars there is big age gap between the two main characters!
    Journey To The West