Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Mute Bride/Wife

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes View Post
    hi, does anyone know what other series William Xie is in? my sister is really desperate to know what other series he's in, hopefully someone can give me the title in english and possibly vietnamese too!? thanks!!
    He's "Thien Ha De Nhat Trang" - #1 Lawyer or something like that as the main character. It's a comedy.

Quan Cong - Kwan Kung as Trieu Tu Long, it's a cameo role.

That's all I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Oh dear! I watched this over the weekend while I was sick and wow! It is smashing, and the chemistry between the artistes is unmistakably strong, especially bewteen the two leads.

Its not a perfect series, but it is indeed of a high standard.

will comment more of it when i get home.
    Well, the two main leads were actually a real couple years ago , but they broke up. Imagine the awkwardness they must feel filming as husband & wife in this series!

This is one of two of my favorite Qiong Yao series. The other one is "Huang Zhu Ge Ge".

Quote Originally Posted by Aquafina View Post
    Well, the two main leads were actually a real couple years ago , but they broke up. Imagine the awkwardness they must feel filming as husband & wife in this series!

This is one of two of my favorite Qiong Yao series. The other one is "Huang Zhu Ge Ge".
    I know! They broke up when i was in high school! the girls at my school all cried over it! we thought they really suited each other and it was a stupid reason to break up! Apparently they did feel very strange acting together and they wouldn't kiss fpr real, so they had to use camera angles to hide it which was disappointing. (suspicious to me in a way how they didn't want to kiss but anyhow! )
    I actually wanted them to come together in real life until i found out he was married and had a kid, while Yue Ling has a boyfriend. Oh well, that's how life is!

I thought this isn't one of Qiong Yao's novels? I know she has a "Mute Wife" in her series, but the story are nothing alike and I couldn't find her name in the credits. I watched a few eps of that Chinese Bride series 5 with Grace Yu and William Xie, and it bored me a lot. I guess after seeing all that chemistry and fireworks between William and Yue Ling it is hard to accept him with another female lead!

I feel a large pity that Yue Ling is no longer acting. I think she has a good chemistry with all her male co-stars (esp William), and it is a loss to see her retire so soon. Meanwhile, I hope Grace does more good quality series.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I know! They broke up when i was in high school! the girls at my school all cried over it! we thought they really suited each other and it was a stupid reason to break up! Apparently they did feel very strange acting together and they wouldn't kiss fpr real, so they had to use camera angles to hide it which was disappointing. (suspicious to me in a way how they didn't want to kiss but anyhow! )
    I actually wanted them to come together in real life until i found out he was married and had a kid, while Yue Ling has a boyfriend. Oh well, that's how life is!

I thought this isn't one of Qiong Yao's novels? I know she has a "Mute Wife" in her series, but the story are nothing alike and I couldn't find her name in the credits. I watched a few eps of that Chinese Bride series 5 with Grace Yu and William Xie, and it bored me a lot. I guess after seeing all that chemistry and fireworks between William and Yue Ling it is hard to accept him with another female lead!

I feel a large pity that Yue Ling is no longer acting. I think she has a good chemistry with all her male co-stars (esp William), and it is a loss to see her retire so soon. Meanwhile, I hope Grace does more good quality series.
    I didn't know about the dating until two years ago. I am sad things didn't work out for them. They do look like they would make such a compatible couple, though. I don't remember a lot of kissing scenes in the drama, but I do remember one when she was kissing him and the camera was capturing it dead on (it was in the center and she and him on each side of the frame) and there wasn't an angle or anything. So, I think that kiss was real, not a camera trick.

What?! I didn't know he's married and has a child! Awww...I thought there was a little hope, but now it's extinguished.

Yeah, I did watch some scenes from the old "The Mute Bride" and it's nothing alike this one, except the female character is mute. Maybe Qiong Yao adapted this new version since remaking it with the same plot wouldn't generate much revenue? "Chinese Bride"?! I've never heard of that. Is that one of Qiong Yao's work? I've never heard of Grace Yu; William Xie is a pretty good actor, I'm surprised he doesn't have much of a reputation in the entertainment industry.

Really? Yue Ling has retired from acting?! She's only 30-something! That's really sad because she's a great actress!

I didn't know about the dating until two years ago. I am sad things didn't work out for them. They do look like they would make such a compatible couple, though. I don't remember a lot of kissing scenes in the drama, but I do remember one when she was kissing him and the camera was capturing it dead on (it was in the center and she and him on each side of the frame) and there wasn't an angle or anything. So, I think that kiss was real, not a camera trick.

What?! I didn't know he's married and has a child! Awww...I thought there was a little hope, but now it's extinguished.

Yeah, I did watch some scenes from the old "The Mute Bride" and it's nothing alike this one, except the female character is mute. Maybe Qiong Yao adapted this new version since remaking it with the same plot wouldn't generate much revenue? "Chinese Bride"?! I've never heard of that. Is that one of Qiong Yao's work? I've never heard of Grace Yu; William Xie is a pretty good actor, I'm surprised he doesn't have much of a reputation in the entertainment industry.

Really? Yue Ling has retired from acting?! She's only 30-something! That's really sad because she's a great actress!
    I thought it was a full on one as ell, but iIf you pause during the singing credits, you can actually see Yue Ling kissing him on the side of his lip rather than full on. This incident was reported in the papers for weeks when the series came out. Everyone was so disppointed.

Yah! So sad! William got married a few years after he broke up with Yue Ling. His son is like 2 now.

Don't think this series has anything to do with Qiong yao. It is adapted from her style of tragic love stories, but she has no part in it. This drama belong to a series of Chinese love stories called "The Chinese Bride" where it deals with the traditional values of a good Chinese wife. There are five up to date. "Mute Bride" is number 2.

talk abotu it later. Boss is coming.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

I was watching this last month but I went and spoiled it for myself by reading some of the spoilers on this thread. Plus I wasn't in the tragic love story mood. Should I continue?

Hey Charby , You haven't replied to my PM and btw, are you still using the same email address? I'm so busy lately, not sure when I'll update TOV. But I hope to send you my char. profiles sometime in March. Please write me a PM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I thought it was a full on one as ell, but iIf you pause during the singing credits, you can actually see Yue Ling kissing him on the side of his lip rather than full on. This incident was reported in the papers for weeks when the series came out. Everyone was so disppointed.

Yah! So sad! William got married a few years after he broke up with Yue Ling. His son is like 2 now.

Don't think this series has anything to do with Qiong yao. It is adapted from her style of tragic love stories, but she has no part in it. This drama belong to a series of Chinese love stories called "The Chinese Bride" where it deals with the traditional values of a good Chinese wife. There are five up to date. "Mute Bride" is number 2.

talk abotu it later. Boss is coming.
    Whoa! I have to go back and look at it more closely! ^_~ I really thought they had kissed. -_- I guess William didn't want his wife to think things and be like this . Hahaha!

William is such a good actor; too bad he's not really coming out with new dramas nowadays.

I read from the Winglin.net fan forum that Qiong Yao wrote a trilogy of "Chinese Bride". (They were a series of three books about the role of a Chinese wife.) I found them two years ago and used Google to translate , but I've never actually read the three stories since the translations are too confusing. Hmmm...since you've stated that there are 5 stories in the series of "Chinese Bride" maybe the people who told me what I've stated before were wrong. But thanks for clearly that up.

I think I've found the first story, the one with the wife who couldn't give birth to a son after 3 or 4 births and the mother-in-law wants her son to get a second wife. Does this sound like the first story at all?

Whoa! I have to go back and look at it more closely! ^_~ I really thought they had kissed. -_- I guess William didn't want his wife to think things and be like this . Hahaha!

William is such a good actor; too bad he's not really coming out with new dramas nowadays.

I read from the Winglin.net fan forum that Qiong Yao wrote a trilogy of "Chinese Bride". (They were a series of three books about the role of a Chinese wife.) I found them two years ago and used Google to translate , but I've never actually read the three stories since the translations are too confusing. Hmmm...since you've stated that there are 5 stories in the series of "Chinese Bride" maybe the people who told me what I've stated before were wrong. But thanks for clearly that up.

I think I've found the first story, the one with the wife who couldn't give birth to a son after 3 or 4 births and the mother-in-law wants her son to get a second wife. Does this sound like the first story at all?
    yah! The first one is called "true love" or something like that with Vivian Chen. That one is tragic as well but its not as engaging as Mute Bride. That evil-loking mother is in it as well.

The second one is "Mute Bride" which I think is the best out of them all.

The third one is about a wife with a husband who has lost his memory anf doesn't remember her anymore.

The fourth one is about a rich girl who married some guy after agueing with her one true love and then finding out her husband is evil and out to take over her wealth and to frame her true love. This one is okay, not boring but not great either. William is in this one.

the fifth one is about a poor girl who sells tofu, then gets sold to a brothel where she is rescued by a rich heir and marries him, and gets abused by her mother-in-law. She gets forced to leave and her husband marries another. This one is the worst. It is draggy and boring, and William looks haggard.

i think William is a good actor, really surprsing since he comes from comedies mainly and not much drama. i'll talk more abotu it when i go home. Boss coming.
    Cyril Connolly

yah! The first one is called "true love" or something like that with Vivian Chen. That one is tragic as well but its not as engaging as Mute Bride. That evil-loking mother is in it as well.

The third one is about a wife with a husband who has lost his memory anf doesn't remember her anymore.

The fourth one is about a rich girl who married some guy after agueing with her one true love and then finding out her husband is evil and out to take over her wealth and to frame her true love. This one is okay, not boring but not great either. William is in this one.

the fifth one is about a poor girl who sells tofu, then gets sold to a brothel where she is rescued by a rich heir and marries him, and gets abused by her mother-in-law. She gets forced to leave and her husband marries another. This one is the worst. It is draggy and boring, and William looks haggard.

i think William is a good actor, really surprsing since he comes from comedies mainly and not much drama. i'll talk more abotu it when i go home. Boss coming.
    Heh. My weak heart can't withstand these types of melodrama, except in Bao Qing Tian where there is tear-jerking moments but its episodic while here its one drama after another, tearjerkingly tragic and may not even end on a happy note at all.

Charby, Are you a nurse/doctor that work longshifts at the hospital or something?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    Heh. My weak heart can't withstand these types of melodrama, except in Bao Qing Tian where there is tear-jerking moments but its episodic while here its one drama after another, tearjerkingly tragic and may not even end on a happy note at all.

Charby, Are you a nurse/doctor that work longshifts at the hospital or something?
    I am an orthoptist at an eye clinic, but working full time. I sneak onto the net when the patients are gone, but every know and then the doctor (Boss) walks past so I have to pretend I am doing something constructive!

I normally don't watch series that are based only on love or tear-jerkers. But I do like ones which concentrate on other themes such as "Mute Bride", which themes are love, fidelity, loyalty, self-esteem, and family ties. My mum is a Qiong Yao fan and made me watch "Xin Yue Ge Ge" with her when i was young. It bored me to bits cos everyone wouldn't stop crying and I didn't get the love story.

Anyway, back to the series. I am surprised how well Yue Ling is with her sign language. poor girl, she has to do expressions, remember lines as well as remember the hand movements as well. She is so good as an actress. she must have spent hours practising it. And even though she has aged, she doesn't look like she is in her late thirties at all. I really enjoyed her performance though she looked quite strange with the jagged fringe. But very disappointed with her costumes, she has like 4 dresses in total. In fact, none of the stars had mroe than 3 or 4 costumes. Was this series low in budget or something?

BTW, the actress who plays her sister looks familiar, but can remember where I saw her before. Do you guys know what she starred in before?
    Cyril Connolly

Yep, that sounds about right. I thought there were 3 series in total, but 5?! O_O Wow! So I guess they're not by Qiong Yao after all. Was Qiong Yao the director for all 5 dramas or something?

It's so difficult to find anything with William Xie in it. How long ago were these dramas released? I know that "The Mute Bride" was released in 2005, but that's it. ^_^'
    ...Anyway, back to the series. I am surprised how well Yue Ling is with her sign language. poor girl, she has to do expressions, remember lines as well as remember the hand movements as well. She is so good as an actress. she must have spent hours practising it. And even though she has aged, she doesn't look like she is in her late thirties at all. I really enjoyed her performance though she looked quite strange with the jagged fringe. But very disappointed with her costumes, she has like 4 dresses in total. In fact, none of the stars had mroe than 3 or 4 costumes. Was this series low in budget or something?

BTW, the actress who plays her sister looks familiar, but can remember where I saw her before. Do you guys know what she starred in before?
    Were the signs Yue Ling signaled real Chinese sign language? I am familiar with some English sign language, but I didn't see anything I recognized. ^_^' I did noticed that the signs for certain words, like 'mother', were consistent and repeating, so I think it was real sign language. She really looks more like 30-32 rather than late 30's.

Yep, that sounds about right. I thought there were 3 series in total, but 5?! O_O Wow! So I guess they're not by Qiong Yao after all. Was Qiong Yao the director for all 5 dramas or something?

It's so difficult to find anything with William Xie in it. How long ago were these dramas released? I know that "The Mute Bride" was released in 2005, but that's it. ^_^'

Were the signs Yue Ling signaled real Chinese sign language? I am familiar with some English sign language, but I didn't see anything I recognized. ^_^' I did noticed that the signs for certain words, like 'mother', were consistent and repeating, so I think it was real sign language. She really looks more like 30-32 rather than late 30's.
    Yep, Yue Ling was using real Chinese sing-languages! I dont know the Chinese sign-languages myself, but my friend (who took a few course in it) said that that was what she was using, so I'm assuming she did have to take some time out to practice her signing skills (which isnt easy). I know some actresses like to spend a few weeks, even months, living or hanging around with a person who is handicapped (if the actress is playing a handocapped character), just to have a feel of what it is to be really DISABLED. There are a few handful of actresses I've known who does this (and they say it helps them perform better and become more synced with the character).
    Amy Chan Sau Man and Maggie Cheung Ho Yee 4ever!

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

I've noticed everyone in here talking about the kissing scene.

I personally thought most of their kissing scenes were really sweet, but definitely not GREAT! To be honest, this series has more kissing scenes in it than any other "mid-drama" series I've seen coming from the Taiwanese series industry. Quite frankly, I thought Yue Ling and William were rather pursuasive (with limits).

There were kissing scenes were you could tell it was angeled to look like they were kissing, but there were others where they definitely had to do it. If I remembered correctly, there was a scene where Yue Ling's character came back home after running away... William was kind of making his bed when she came in:

He said something like: "You know this doesnt change things... right?"
    She came to him and took the blanket and tried to do it for him...
    He was stunned and tried to kick her out...
    She turned around to face him and kissed him right on the lips (this was definitely a real kiss)...
    I think she continually turned around to kiss him about 3 or 4 times right on the lips...

I thought that scene definitely had a real kiss in there. ^_^

Even though I know it'll be ackward for Yue Ling and William to do love scenes, as such, it's only right that they do. But I'm sure they are professional enough to take on the challegne, just bc they cant be lovers, doesnt mean they cant be friends! RIGHT?

I relaly love Yue Ling and William together... I saw the series about 2 years back and I loved it, I also own a copy of it.

When I learned that they had once dated, I was sad, because they wouldve made a wonderful pair. They looks so compatible with each other...

$this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Linh-e-Pooh/AmyChanandKennethChan.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by Linh-e-Pooh View Post
    Yep, Yue Ling was using real Chinese sing-languages! I dont know the Chinese sign-languages myself, but my friend (who took a few course in it) said that that was what she was using, so I'm assuming she did have to take some time out to practice her signing skills (which isnt easy). I know some actresses like to spend a few weeks, even months, living or hanging around with a person who is handicapped (if the actress is playing a handocapped character), just to have a feel of what it is to be really DISABLED. There are a few handful of actresses I've known who does this (and they say it helps them perform better and become more synced with the character).
    Wow! That's awesome! It must have taken a while for her to learn, especially if she has never had any experience with it before. O_O Wow...Yue Ling is such a devoted actress, and the same goes to anyone who does the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linh-e-Pooh View Post
    ...There were kissing scenes were you could tell it was angeled to look like they were kissing, but there were others where they definitely had to do it. If I remembered correctly, there was a scene where Yue Ling's character came back home after running away... William was kind of making his bed when she came in:

He said something like: "You know this doesnt change things... right?"
    She came to him and took the blanket and tried to do it for him...
    He was stunned and tried to kick her out...
    She turned around to face him and kissed him right on the lips (this was definitely a real kiss)...
    I think she continually turned around to kiss him about 3 or 4 times right on the lips...

I thought that scene definitely had a real kiss in there. ^_^...
    Yeah! This is the scene that I've mentioned before, but charbydis said that they did some camera angling. O_O So I don't know. I would have to go back and see the scene. Is this scene in the opening theme? I don't remember it being in there, but I've uploaded the opening theme onto YouTube in case anyone wants to hear the song (with Vietnamese translations):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN1mL748wbM

yay! day off today so plenty of time to talk!

I am just repeating what I read in the news. And it wasn't a full on kiss in the review, but boy do I hope it was a real one in the bed making scene. I've been wanting for them to get back together for so long. But now there is no hope! There's always that question in my mind of what if William wasn't married when this series was made? What would happen? (sigh)

To be truthful, i think sicne it is an ancient series, I'd rather they hug than kiss. Their hugging is so strangely natural and the way they look at each other makes it very believable that their characters are deeply in love. THere were only like 3 kissing scenes in total, all short and sweet with the two leads. Don;t think anyone else got to kiss. There was a nearly-touching one between the villian and the sister.

I think Yue Ling is a very good actress. I heard she got so stressed that she vomits everyday trying to learn sign language and doesn't get enough sleep. i am happy to find other people who appreciate her effort into playing this character.

Qiong yao has nothing to do with these stories.

the first one was released 2004, third one and fourth one in 2006 (i think). the fifth one in 2007 (William doesn't do so good in it, I think he was distracted cos his dad died).

William has been acting for a long time, but not any big productions until "Mute Wife". His career was never great until "Mute Wife" (one of the reasons for breaking up with Yue Ling ) and he stars mainly in soap comedies which I think are a waste for his talent. I see him around every know and then but I'm not interested in comedies.

MEanwhile, i hunt around teh chinese forums today and see what news i can find. Cya!
    Cyril Connolly

...I am just repeating what I read in the news. And it wasn't a full on kiss in the review, but boy do I hope it was a real one in the bed making scene. I've been wanting for them to get back together for so long. But now there is no hope! There's always that question in my mind of what if William wasn't married when this series was made? What would happen? (sigh)

To be truthful, i think sicne it is an ancient series, I'd rather they hug than kiss. Their hugging is so strangely natural and the way they look at each other makes it very believable that their characters are deeply in love. THere were only like 3 kissing scenes in total, all short and sweet with the two leads. Don;t think anyone else got to kiss. There was a nearly-touching one between the villian and the sister.

I think Yue Ling is a very good actress. I heard she got so stressed that she vomits everyday trying to learn sign language and doesn't get enough sleep. i am happy to find other people who appreciate her effort into playing this character.

the first one was released 2004, third one and fourth one in 2006 (i think). the fifth one in 2007 (William doesn't do so good in it, I think he was distracted cos his dad died).

William has been acting for a long time, but not any big productions until "Mute Wife". His career was never great until "Mute Wife" (one of the reasons for breaking up with Yue Ling ) and he stars mainly in soap comedies which I think are a waste for his talent. I see him around every know and then but I'm not interested in comedies.

MEanwhile, i hunt around teh chinese forums today and see what news i can find. Cya!
    Wow! They had this in the real news?! Whoa! I didn't think something as small as this would make it into the news. ^_^'

Well, I think that if Yue Ling and William Xie were both unattached to anyone else at the time they filmed this drama, there could have been a chance that they kindle the flame of their past relationship.

What does learning sign language have to do with Yue Ling vomiting?

I thought that "The Mute Bride" is a pretty good drama and it would be a hit with the audience, but it's attracting audience very slowly. Are you sure that Yue Ling said she's retiring? What's going on with her nowadays? She was such a huge phenomenon back when she was in her 20's and acting in many Qiong Yao productions. Too bad people nowadays don't remember these people so much anymore.

What does learning sign language have to do with Yue Ling vomiting?

I thought that "The Mute Bride" is a pretty good drama and it would be a hit with the audience, but it's attracting audience very slowly. Are you sure that Yue Ling said she's retiring? What's going on with her nowadays? She was such a huge phenomenon back when she was in her 20's and acting in many Qiong Yao productions. Too bad people nowadays don't remember these people so much anymore.
    Oh! She got so stressed learning the script and hand signals that she vomitted.

I think "Mute Bride" is mainly shown in the mainland China and Taiwan where it is very hit series. It is immensely popular in the chinese forums where the fans are mad. Its not that much promoted in other countries or HK. I only found out about it on the net and my mum's friend lent it to me. (I've just made a copy before I returned it! Wahahaha! )

Yes. Yue Ling announced retirement one series after "Mute Bride". She now lives in Vancouver and rumoured to be living with a BF. Some rich guy divorced his wife and went to court her. But not sure if the same guy.

I am sad abotu it but as long as she is happy. She has been so alone since she broke up with William. I do hope she finds happiness. But I also want her back on TV so I am torn and conflicted.

Boss coming. Bye
    Cyril Connolly

yay! day off today so plenty of time to talk!

I am just repeating what I read in the news. And it wasn't a full on kiss in the review, but boy do I hope it was a real one in the bed making scene. I've been wanting for them to get back together for so long. But now there is no hope! There's always that question in my mind of what if William wasn't married when this series was made? What would happen? (sigh)

I wonder what'll happen too if William wasn't married when he filmed this series with Yue Ling. OMG, imagine all the possiblities!? That'll be amazing if they would've reignited their past love! But that'll be in my dreams!

Well, I assume that Qiong Yao was the authur of the original storyline to which all Taiwanese Muted Bride series was based on, is she not? She had written so much novel on these kind of "love circle" that I've lost track! HAHA, though I do enjoy her stories, sometimes it seems too repetitive, which gets boring. But this series was just so "different" in a way where its still "traditional" lolz, if you know what I mean. ^_^

Oh! She got so stressed learning the script and hand signals that she vomitted.

I think "Mute Bride" is mainly shown in the mainland China and Taiwan where it is very hit series. It is immensely popular in the chinese forums where the fans are mad. Its not that much promoted in other countries or HK. I only found out about it on the net and my mum's friend lent it to me. (I've just made a copy before I returned it! Wahahaha! )

Yes. Yue Ling announced retirement one series after "Mute Bride". She now lives in Vancouver and rumoured to be living with a BF. Some rich guy divorced his wife and went to court her. But not sure if the same guy.

I am sad abotu it but as long as she is happy. She has been so alone since she broke up with William. I do hope she finds happiness. But I also want her back on TV so I am torn and conflicted.

Boss coming. Bye
    Yep, stress can upset a person's internal organs and many other relavent body parts that can cause upset stomach that'll lead to vomitting - which isn't a good sign at all!

I have heard that MUTED BRIDE was very well recieved in the Mainland market too, but not too much outside of China - respectively HK and neighboring countries such as Malaysia and Singapore. But to my knowledge, the series had ratings that were pretty high during release which made Yeu Ling and William all the more a HOUSEHOLD name. ^_^ It is a pleasing thing that they've found their marks, but said that Yue Ling had announced her retirement! It is a real lost to this industry, especially in the present day where it is so hard to find capable actresses! *SIGH*

And about the rumored millionaire, I've heard about that too, but I've never had it clearified! I wonder about it! I don't really care if he is rich or not and who he is, as long as Yue Ling is happy, that's all that counts. I mean, she isn't getting any younger! Hope her the best!

does anyone know the song in the last past where Chieu Thien Long was in front of the grave of his wife?
    Beautiful and deadly, she is a true descendant of dragon. Fighting for the forces of right and justice, she leaves a series of broken bodies and broken hearts wherever she goes.