Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: The Mute Bride/Wife

I'm a bit late on the bandwagon, but this is my latest obsession. Jing Yun is so sweet and Shao Pu just makes my heart ache. Very convincing acting by Yue Ling and William Xie in two challenging roles, especially since they're able to overcome the fact that they're significantly older than their characters are supposed to be. I love these two together!

I think Shao Pu is much better looking than Shao Bai, so I find it funny when the series tries to indicate otherwise. The most annoying character by far is Xiang Jun. She gets way too much screentime for my liking.

The theme song is awesome. I listen to it over and over again.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2005-12-09/U102P28T3D923226F326DT20051209155730.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.xinhuanet.com/ent/2005-10/14/xinsrc_41210021415230832067198.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.xinhuanet.com/ent/2005-10/14/xinsrc_42210021415234051778499.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.xinhuanet.com/ent/2005-10/14/xinsrc_43210021415231066446100.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://news.xinhuanet.com/ent/2005-10/14/xinsrc_432100214152370627607101.jpg')
    Images courtesy of sina and xinhuanet.com.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Just finished this drama. The storyline is good, but sometimes overly repetitive. Jing Yun was forced out of the Zhou household how many times? That was ridiculous. I also felt certain characters acted "out of character" at times. For example, Mrs. Zhou.
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Throughout the series, she was obsessed with getting a grandson from Jing Yun and Shao Pu, but after Jing Yun became pregnant, it was like that wasn't a top priority anymore.
    I would also have liked Jing Yun and Shao Pu's long-awaited first "couple's moment" to have been more dramatic instead of
    making it seem like Jing Yun raped Shao Pu (since he was asleep and all). My imagination needed a little more to work with.
    I liked how there weren't really any one-dimensional, purely evil or perfect characters. Xiang Jun was childish, selfish and stupid, but not innately evil. Zhao Tian Lin also had his motivations and redeeming factors despite his devilish deeds.

The ending was satisfactory, I guess. Well, actually, not satisfactory per se, but acceptable.
    It would have been unrealistic if Shao Pu was somehow miraculously cured, but I was hoping he'd at least live to see the birth of their child. Such a pity.

Too bad Zhi Yuan died. He and Xiao Hong would have made a nice couple.

Well-made MV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0ArSYp4gjQ
    I love the sweet, tender moments between Jing Yun and Shao Pu...how they went from their nightmarish first meeting to.... They're what make this series worth watching.

The wardrobe in this show is very nice. I think Shao Pu had the best outfits, or maybe he just looked the best in everything. I really liked William's hair in here too.

BTW, this is not a Taiwanese production. When the credits rolled, I saw that it's actually a mainland China production.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Wow, super speedy mod SS to the rescue.

Anyway, I just thought of something else that bothered me in the series. I didn't like how Shao Pu designed all the clothing patterns for the family business, but couldn't take the credit. It wasn't necessary for his existence to be hidden from the outside world.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post

Anyway, I just thought of something else that bothered me in the series. I didn't like how Shao Pu designed all the clothing patterns for the family business, but couldn't take the credit. It wasn't necessary for his existence to be hidden from the outside world.
    I started watching this drama months ago but I stopped because I don't know if I could withstand the annoyance of some characters and other irritations to go through watching it all. Despite wanting to know what happens to the main couple, it looks like a sad one. Normally, I don't mind a sad one, but a sad romance alone without anything else to hold on to, makes it more difficult to handle.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Default Is this a good series?

I have been a long standing fan of Yue Ling since I saw her in ghost Husband. I've been religiously watching her series though many of her drama were not that close to her result of what she achieved during her stint in Qiong Yao's series. She often associated with Auntie Qiong Yao's tragic drama and was seen so perfect in playing such roles. Her exquisite features and stunning performance in these dramas make her one of the recognisable Taiwanese faces in the mid 90s.

After years of not watching her working in TV series,I picked up Mute Bride after much hype seen on the website. Lots of favourable reviews were posted and many fans seem to like this series a lot.

I wasn't impressed with this series at all and to extent I was misinformed this was another Qiong Yao's production. Yue Ling's glory moment seems to have faded and she has lost the grasp that she registered in many of her Qiong Yao's work. This series shows nothing but a weak storyline and unreasonable scene that prolong the sequences.

The costume and hairstyle were a far cry of what Yue Ling's appearance in many of her costume drama. It was awful to see each cast wearing only not more than 5 attire throughout the drama....

If I'm given a choice, this drama would not be my pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I started watching this drama months ago but I stopped because I don't know if I could withstand the annoyance of some characters and other irritations to go through watching it all. Despite wanting to know what happens to the main couple, it looks like a sad one. Normally, I don't mind a sad one, but a sad romance alone without anything else to hold on to, makes it more difficult to handle.
    Actually, the themevideo gave most of the ending away. But it was worth it getting tot eh end. The chemisty between Yue Linga dn William was just so fascinating.

I was actually more interested into the Zhao Tian Lin and Su Feng/Lin Jin Lan relationship. Their love-hate relationship was very intriging. That scene where he slaps her around is very strong cos you think he's going to torture her, and then suddenly he tries to kiss her.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Actually, the themevideo gave most of the ending away. But it was worth it getting tot eh end. The chemisty between Yue Linga dn William was just so fascinating.

I was actually more interested into the Zhao Tian Lin and Su Feng/Lin Jin Lan relationship. Their love-hate relationship was very intriging. That scene where he slaps her around is very strong cos you think he's going to torture her, and then suddenly he tries to kiss her.
    My sentiments exactly. lol I agree w/ everything you said.

I rewatched this show when I was suffering from a flu a couple months ago. I used up more tissue during the sad moments than my sickness required. I recently rewatched Mute Bride again last week, and it's still soo good. I can't get enough of the chemistry between Yue Ling and William and it helps that they are both convincingly talented.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

I actually felt like the main couple didn't get enough screentime in this series. Too much was wasted on Xiang Jun, who seemed to be in almost every other scene.

I just watched the MV again...it makes me want to relive certain moments between Shao Pu and Jing Yun.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 09-11-08 at 11:05 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

could anyone reupload the theme song of True Love?
    Beautiful and deadly, she is a true descendant of dragon. Fighting for the forces of right and justice, she leaves a series of broken bodies and broken hearts wherever she goes.

Six Dreams 2 – Wan Jin [Don’t know English title & artists’ names] Uyen Quan Bieu Muoi
    Do you know the name of the actor in this series? The actor who played second brother is the series. He looked like Miu Kiu Wai. Was that him when he was young?

Also, in Muted Bride (the old version), is the story the same was the new version of Yue Ling?
    Last edited by cindytran; 02-16-09 at 05:45 PM.

Uh...so long since I've seen this. Need to pull it off the self for a re-watch. That would be fun - alternating re-watch of ROCH2006 and Mute Bride.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge View Post

I think it would be necessary in the long run. For SP to take credit, as also the first son, he would be expected to head the family business than merely be the 'creative designer'. A businessman who cannot associate with the outside world seems quite redundant to me - even if he had the current technological wizardry at his disposal. Even if SP was happy to associate with other business people, it would be quite obvious that he is sick. Unfortunately, sick people can be identified by their very sickness, that of which would've struck sorely at SP's pride. I believe SP was very prideful - more as a protective mechanism for living with a terminal illness than anything - the pressures by the social side of business would've likely crippled him and sent him faster to his death.

anybody know if we can find the book of Mute bride? this movie came from a book of Qiong Yao, right? i love the drama so much that i feel like i do need to read the book. Can not find it any where eventho i googled a lot. Does the book really exist? i saw an ebook name The mute wife but it nothing sounds like the movie im watching The mute bride as the characters are different and so does the storyline. Anyone has any ideas about this pls help!!!!!!!!