Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Mute Bride/Wife

As for Nicholas Sparks, his other books are good such as the Notebook, Guardian (I really like this book), A bend in the Road, The Rescue. I just have not read the Wedding or True Believer yet.

Yue Ling eyes don't look that bad in the ancient series with Eric Suen and Shao Feng.

Default Question **SPOILER***

Hi, everyone! I've just finished watching this movie. I have to say, it was heartwrenching! It was oh sooooooooo very tragic! I wish Qiong Yao would make a sequel. I want to watch what happens to Jing Yun and her child.

I have a question. How come I watched the movie from beginning to the end, but I DID NOT see these parts?

1. $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/4946/86870zf.jpg')
    2. $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2004/ybxn37yc.jpg')

Is #1 not in the movie, but on the movie set?

Quote Originally Posted by ViviN

Yue Ling eyes don't look that bad in the ancient series with Eric Suen and Shao Feng.
    There's this ancient series showing on TV right now starring Yue Ling .. I'm not sure what the title is, but she's in it w/ an actor who's hair is all white. Her family got killed in the series and she was saved by him. Anybody know the title?
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly_Chic
    There's this ancient series showing on TV right now starring Yue Ling .. I'm not sure what the title is, but she's in it w/ an actor who's hair is all white. Her family got killed in the series and she was saved by him. Anybody know the title?

Yeah i was gona post something about that too. I think it's call in viet that's all i know "Tan Thuy Quan"
    He's cute, her eyes looks different in this movie, i think its because of the makeup. The Mute bride seems like it had a depper crease.

What channel is this? SBN something?

Quote Originally Posted by Liyah
    Yeah i was gona post something about that too. I think it's call in viet that's all i know "Tan Thuy Quan"
    He's cute, her eyes looks different in this movie, i think its because of the makeup. The Mute bride seems like it had a depper crease.
    Yeah, Yue Ling looks extremely young in that series...she looks older in "Mute Bride" for some reason (Probably to suit her character)

I haven't been following the story on SBTN, but from what I can see from the 1st episode and previews, she and the white haired man will be a couple?
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquafina
    I have a question. How come I watched the movie from beginning to the end, but I DID NOT see these parts?

1. $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/4946/86870zf.jpg')
    2. $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2004/ybxn37yc.jpg')

Is #1 not in the movie, but on the movie set?
    Scene #2 was in the flashbacks, but wasn't shown as a seperate scene itself. (I guess this is where he gave her the hair combs.)
    As for #1, it was probably from a deleted scene.
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Yes. SBTN right? That series is called "Thie^n Kie^'m Qua^`n Hie^.p" and the English title is either "The Sky Swordmen" or "Heavenly Sword and the Chaveliers". The white hair guy is Shao Feng/Thie^.u Phong. You can find him in the Duke and the princess. It is a hilarious series, very enjoyable and entertaining. The other guy is Eric Suen.

As for Yue Ling series, I didn't get a chance to finish it yet but currently watching it. It is a little draggy (well most Taiwanese series are draggy) for an ancient series.
    Last edited by ViviN; 01-27-06 at 06:57 PM.

Question

Scene #2 was in the flashbacks, but wasn't shown as a seperate scene itself. (I guess this is where he gave her the hair combs.)
    As for #1, it was probably from a deleted scene.
    #2 is in the movie?! What! I've rewatched it, but COULD NOT find that scene anywhere! Thanks for replying!

Quote Originally Posted by ViviN
    6 dreams:

Originally the 6 dreams book contains an old man retelling 6 different dreams/stories to his grand daughter.

1st dream: Wan Jin (Uyen Quan Bieu Muoi), a story about a girl who had the love of 3 brothers and lost all. She was arranged to marry the oldest brother who is very sick, yet went through the ceremony with the second brother, but is closest in age to the youngest brother. All three brothers love her and she didn't know which one she loves therefore, created one mess. The second brother left because he believed she should be with the oldest since she is actually his wife, while the oldest brother left thinking she is best with the youngest brother. The youngest brother left in searching for his brother. In the end, she grew old waiting for the brothers to return to her.

2nd dream: Mute Wife (Nguoi Vo Cam) a story of an arranged marriage couple. The arrangement was made when the mothers were pregnant. When kids grew up, they got married despite the fact the wife could not speak. She was indeed beautiful and educated and all. Anyway to cut it short, the husband forced his wife to abort their baby afraid the baby will be mute just like her. She wouldn't and gave birth to a baby girl who born mute like her mother. The husband was devastated and left the country to Japan. Overthere he met a woman and got married with her. No matter how many times his mute wife begged him to come home, he refused until almost at the end of the story. Before the wife died, she made her daughter promise to stay single forever to take care of her father because she knew everyone would leave him.

3rd dream: 3 flowers (3 Doa' Hoa). A story of a single mother who has 3 beautiful daughters. One ended up killing herself because her lover left her. Second one went crazy because she studied too much. The last one didn't one to end up like her sisters so she left searching for her beloved man.

4th dream: The wip of life (Ngon Roi Cuoc So^'ng). A story of a rich girl who gave up everything to marry an musician or artist I forgot. Thought their life would be a fairy tale but he ended up driving her away with his drunkeness. During a stormy night/flood, she disappeared with their daughter. It was believed she was drowned in the flood along with the daughter. The guy went crazy searching fo rhis wife and daughter all life long.

5th dream: A return of a lover (Nguoi Di Tro? Ve) : Two people who fell in love with each other but pride drove them apart. She left the country while he got married to someone else. When she returned, their love caused so many trouble leading him to jail after he killed his wife. She took care of his kids and waited for him to come out one day though he got life sentence.

6th dream: forgot the title but about group of people during war time. It focused on a pregnant lady and a commander. Though they met for a short period and no love was confessed but they linked. She died giving birth to a baby girl. In the end, the old man kept the baby with him never heard from or of the commander. The sixth dream I believe is retelling the story of the old man and the little girl from the introduction.

Well but when the series came out, they used Mute Wife, Wan Jin and 3 flowers as original.

Here are the TV series adaptation. But the last three are actually stories on their own and don't belong into the original 6 dreams book.

Six Dreams 1 – Mute Wife / Child Wife [starring Liu Xue Hua] : Nguoi Vo Cam
    Six Dreams 2 – Wan Jin [Don’t know English title & artists’ names] Uyen Quan Bieu Muoi
    Six Dreams 3 – Three Flowers [starring Liu Xue Hua] 3 Doa' Hoa
    Six Dreams 4 – Snow / Xue Ke [starring Steve Ma & Liu Xue Hua] Tuyet Kha
    Six Dreams 5 – Waiting Husband / Wan Fu Cliff [Don’t know artists’ names] : Vo.ng Phu A?i
    Six Dreams 6 – Green Green Grass By The River [starring Steve Ma, Yue Ling & Jing Ming. Special appearance Liu Xue Hua] Xanh Xanh Ngo.n Co? be^n Ho^`

The Mute Bride starred Yue Ling was totally different from the one from 6 dreams. The trigology I believe took some ideas from 6 dreams but they are different from the book.

Hope this answer your question about the 6 dreams.
    this Green Green Grass By The River ri?:
    http://www.kimvideo.com//cgi-bin/img...b/bit9/pb13520

and this is True Love?:
    http://www.kimvideo.com/cgi-bin/imgs...t=out2/pb14931

Quote Originally Posted by Aquafina
    #2 is in the movie?! What! I've rewatched it, but COULD NOT find that scene anywhere! Thanks for replying!
    It should be in the flashback when she was about to give her guy friend (name?) the hair combs b/c she overheard the mother of her friend's complaining. She became sad about giving away the combs that her husband gave her and had the flashbacks of the mirror scene.
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Quote Originally Posted by dark_knight
    Yeap, they are the ones. I dont' know why they chose the Green Grass as the last dream...but I guess because the orginal 6th dream wasn't intrigued enough to become a series...honestly, the story is very simple yet, touching somehow..

Default William Xie Pictures in The Mute Wife

Hope your guys will post more information and pictures in here becaue I really adore to William Xie.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default William Xie Pictures in The Mute Wife

Hope your guys will post more information and pictures in here becaue I really adore to William Xie. Here is the site for song in the movie.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=yEVKCLlVcFc
    Attached Images Attached Images

I dont know if this was askers or not yet. But owell. What is the VIET title to this series? "Vo Cam" im guessing? I haven't seen this series yet, but it sounds pretty interesting. A series that I would most likely enjoy....
    LOVE is the sourse of all INSPIRATION.

LIU YI FEI <3

im new.
    i dont know if this movie is old but im watching it now and its sooo GOOD!
    the viet version of "the mute bride" is called " Co Dau Cam"
    does anyone know where you could like...buy their cd soundtrack?
    i've been trying to look for it cause i LOVE all [well most] of the songs in the movie.
    i also like all the instrument music like where Yue Ling's so called sister [in the movie] plays her strings thingy to William's so called brother. yeahh. so can yall help me? plzz! =] thanksss. i would love you to deathh!

Sad movie .... sad ending ..... did some1 ask about Yue Ling Viet name ??? it's Nhạc Linh
    http://carmanlee.18.forumer.com/ <<< Web tui

http://tuoixuanxanh.com << check it out !!!

After hearing the themesong, I became very interested. Considering buying the series. Does anyone know where I can download some clips from the show...so I can 'test it out' before buying?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by FCsquibbles
    After hearing the themesong, I became very interested. Considering buying the series. Does anyone know where I can download some clips from the show...so I can 'test it out' before buying?

Thanks in advance
    If you can watch Youtube, there's a clip of the serie...if you want I can p.m you the link.