Thread: Yang Mi (杨幂)

I'm so confused with all of this... FSF's sweetness toward YM is understandable since he admitted that had feelings for her but YM's actions are quite disappointing, IMO. I mean if she already has a boyfriend, how could she act that way just 4,5 days ago with FSF? I am officially scared of the entertainment industry. I wonder what will happen with the Fengmi shipper blog...*sigh* Anyway, thanks so much mango and jole cole for all your efforts

Quote Originally Posted by cappuccinosf View Post
    I'm so confused with all of this... FSF's sweetness toward YM is understandable since he admitted that had feelings for her but YM's actions are quite disappointing, IMO. I mean if she already has a boyfriend, how could she act that way just 4,5 days ago with FSF? I am officially scared of the entertainment industry. I wonder what will happen with the Fengmi shipper blog...*sigh* Anyway, thanks so much mango and jole cole for all your efforts
    Yeah, I'd say confusion is probably my biggest reaction to the news...lots of things I can't explain! Perhaps it'll be clearer in time?

Anyways, as for the blog, I already said I will continue to friendship-ship FengMi so I will finish subbing the three videos that are in progress (though I'm not sure if you guys would still have the heart to watch it lol... ). And if there is any cute stuff in the future I will probably continue to post about it too--I guess it just really depends on what happens. But after all, true friendship and mutual understanding of each other is a pretty precious and wonderful thing too, so if they can be lifelong friends that would be nice as well! It doesn't have to end in a dating relationship...although of course that would be my preference!

There are so many conspiracy theories right now floating online about Hawick/YM relationship being fake, but I don't believe any of them. Even though Hawick/YM's relationship came as a shock to everyone, including me, now that it's publicly official, I really think they are genuinely in a relationship and I understand why they went public despite the not-so-explicit photos.

I just read some news that a reporter contacted Hawick's father in HK, and he revealed that Hawick told him about the relationship on the phone back in November. He never meet Ym before, but he's impressed with her acting and her looks. He's also thrilled that his son is dating.

On the day of the public announcement, Hawick was in Hengdian filming Beauties Without Tears. Many of his co-stars (Wang Lin, Yuan Shan Shan) noticed that he was particularly ecstatic that day, kept on smiling. His SWAK co-star Ying'er said that Hawick would also look so jubilant whenever he talked about YM. Some of his fans who visited on the set overheard him talk on the phone softly about some MV shown at the YouKu Event and commented that the MV was shot quite nicely. Now they think the person he was talking to on the phone was YM.

My take on why they chose to go public:
    1) Photos were snapped of them. Honestly, those photos weren't enough to pinpoint to undeniable degree that they are dating. I think if they wanted to, both could easily deny it like Huang Xiaoming and AngelaBaby. They chose not to, because the benefits of going public outweigh the costs. Constant denial would look worse on both parties.

2) YM had incessant negative rumors about her love life. If not FSF, some random mysterious guys. The news media will keep on speculating about her love life until she comes out to say she's dating someone. As for the general public, most are pretty fret up with her romantic rumors. The fact that she now has an official boyfriend, these negative rumors will perhaps die down a bit and she can somewhat salvage her reputation and project an image that she's a serious girl in a stable relationship and not playing around.

3) Aforementioned by Mango_cake MeiAh wants them go public and use this opportunity to increase their artists public exposure.

As for FSF, I'm beginning to believe that he may have a hidden girlfriend too. More than one supposed "insiders" mentioned that he's already taken. He may have at one point during the FengMi craze had feelings for YM, but I think it didn't work out and they both ended up being BBF.

P.S. If anyone believes in Chinese fortune-telling, here are two interesting blog posts about someone predicting YM and FSF's future based on their birthday. Just take what is written with a grain of salt, but it's pretty interesting to read. This blog author wrote last April, during the peak of the FengMi craze, that YM will definitely have kind of love relationship/romance in 2011 year and most likely get married by 2014. Her future husband will most likely be a sweet, considerate, caring man. While FSF will not have any romance/love relationship in 2011. Even though FengMi have great chemistry together, they will lack the "fate" to become a pair. Both are blessed with a happy marriage in their life.

Will FSF and YM marry?
    http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_7a3fe2900100snwr.html

YM's career and marriage:
    http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_7a3fe2900100s9ej.html
    Last edited by JoleCole; 01-09-12 at 12:31 AM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Thanks for the info JoleCole! I don't know where you get all of this insider info, heheh. I do hope FSF has a girlfriend and if so announces it sometime (he doesn't have to say who it is) because now I kinda feel bad for him...for having so many people feel bad for him. Lol. I just watched an interview where he was at an event last night and apparently all the reporters just kept asking him about YM/HL (he sent his congratulations again and said he was happy for them, seemed to be in good spirits). He also mentioned that he woke up this morning and he kept getting phone calls/message asking after him! Then he gets stalked this morning by the paparazzi while in his hotel and they write up things like, "His face was expressionless, doesn't seem like he was very happy." (Ummm ok, well first off he was wearing sunglasses so you can't even see his expression, and second of all who likes to be stalked in the early morning...) Oh dear, hopefully this all blows over soon.

Anyways the conspiracy theories are very fun to read but I don't think most people actually believe them (though of course many probably wish they were true). Funnily enough I forgot about the other huge YM ship--MiShi! I was just on their forum and I always thought they were more of a "fun" shipping group, you know, but hilariously even they are going on about conspiracy theories etc etc, being all devastated, and saying how "the look in their [YM/LSS] eyes cannot lie"...OMG. I didn't realize some of them were so serious about MiShi! (Actually on that note I always knew MiShi were hugely popular but I didn't realize they had such huge numbers on the Baidu forums! O_o)

Anyways I guess YM is shooting another commercial today? (This candid shot of her in the bathrobe could almost be an ad in itself...lol)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6a5eea39gw1dow2on5rk6j.jpg')

(Click for big)

mishi fan shippers need to join forces with fsf/hg in order to get ym back for who they feel should be ym's destined other half. looks like feimi are the only sane shippers. they're wailing that ym's taken but they acknowledged that ym's not lyf's other half. this coming week will be a fun read for me...unless there's a significant amount of negative news and backlash because of ym/hl announcement. now i want to see pictures of them. hmmm, i will have to dig through this thread to find that post where ym and hl announced that he's joined mei ah. anyone care to help?
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

This is hilarious: I saw someone compare the situation to the "9 princes fighting over the throne" incident in KangXi era: (Yang Mi is the "throne" in this case)

- Hu Ge = "crown prince" i.e. 2nd prince (he came first, was there for a long time...but really didn't have much of a chance)
    - FSF = 8th prince (was hugely popular and had a big following, was the choice of many to replace the crown prince)
    - Hawick = 4th prince (total underdog, no one expected him to come out of nowhere and end up winning the fight)

Where do people get such creative imaginations... (This is all in good fun of course! )

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    looks like feimi are the only sane shippers. they're wailing that ym's taken but they acknowledged that ym's not lyf's other half.
    Well FeiMi was also the ship that wasn't actually serious and don't have such a hardcore following as the other three...those are more just fanboys who love pretty girls and therefore love both YM/LYF. But unlike MiShi I think they don't actually want FeiMi to end up together (it's more of a joke), they would probably just rather both stay single so they can keep having their fantasies of the two girls ending up with them, ROFL.

this coming week will be a fun read for me...unless there's a significant amount of negative news and backlash because of ym/hl announcement. now i want to see pictures of them. hmmm, i will have to dig through this thread to find that post where ym and hl announced that he's joined mei ah. anyone care to help?
    Oh there is definitely a TON of backlash...people point out that the FengMi forum has practically become a Yang Mi-hater forum and sadly it is kinda true. Even though MiShi and GeMi shippers are crushed, at least they seem to be more forgiving towards YM. However, again I can't blame them because FengMi was the group with the highest hopes so their reaction is bound to be much stronger. I still have so much fun reading the various forums though--for some reason this kind of YM-hate doesn't bother me (unlike the true YM-haters), probably because I get that this hate stems from the fact that they used to love her and FengMi so much but now feel letdown/betrayed. I won't bring over the posts because a lot of them are very nasty (insulting her character etc). T_T Meanwhile they are throwing a pity party for FSF and really, I'm sure FengMi have come to terms with their friendship a long time ago! They seem quite at ease around each other, I don't think he is still pining for her like some of the fans are making him out to be...especially if he has his own girlfriend already.

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    mishi fan shippers need to join forces with fsf/hg in order to get ym back for who they feel should be ym's destined other half. looks like feimi are the only sane shippers. they're wailing that ym's taken but they acknowledged that ym's not lyf's other half.
    Actually just to add on--funny enough, I find that in general, MiShi and GeMi are way more delusional than FengMi fans. Maybe that's another reason why they are much kinder towards YM so far. They're the ones seriously pushing the conspiracy theories (or imagining scenarios like Hu Ge being so distraught at the news that he'll go confess his love to YM immediately...umm yeah I couldn't keep a straight face reading that one! I am pretty sure some people were actually serious about that scenario too. T_T). Perhaps they are still in denial mode. Meanwhile most of the FengMi in general have shot down the conspiracy theories as being unrealistic and have gone straight into anger and depression mode (most are at "anger", actually I think they went from shock -> denial -> depression in quick succession and are now spending a lot of time in RAGE mode...). It might take awhile for everyone to reach the "acceptance" stage.

But again, since MiShi and GeMi have been around since 2009 with not much hope sustaining them, they are probably more experienced at being in denial and taking a hit...

bawaahhhh...the most delusional is definitely mishi. they may pretend to take lesbian pictures but these two are not lipstick lesbians....

but stick me in the gemi boat...sounds like fun. i can help them come up with more excuses as to why hu ge hasn't confessed his love yet. if only...sigh.

poor fengmi shippers, i hope the stage to acceptance is but a blink of an eye away. i'm sure if fsf confesses that he has a girlfriend who isn't ym, they would be much more forgiving towards him than they are of ym. then again, fsf was the one who sweetly pursued ym.

i hope ruyi passes china's whatever screening is required to air on tv. i so want to see it now minus the gory scenes. look! this publicity stunt is already working on me. and i thought i was resistant to such things. lol...i kid. i think these two are genuinely in love.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6f595247jw1dow9h5gj4wj.jpg')

why? why?? why this happen?? (wail,wail,wail) JKS!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/84f4be07jw1dowc2uhpfyj.jpg')

I never really realised that shipping culture was pretty aggressive in Chinese drama fandom as well. I casual-ship MiShi, but I don't think they're real.Although...did actually like YM before she started dating? Or was it just a pr stunt to milk their popularity?

It's so unfair that YM is taking the brunt of all the hate though. In any case, this doesn't dent my liking for YM one bit.

YM is considered a big star in China though, isn't she? So I'd expect she had to go through a few "channels" before admitting to their relationship. But I guess everything will die down soon enough and Hawick and YM will have their relationship to themselves.
    Last edited by ice_mountain23; 01-09-12 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    Well FSF already admitted to liking YM (at one point) so there were definitely some feelings there...at least from his side...(I actually feel really sorry for him. But, I guess he came to terms with it since he still seems to be very good friends with Yang Mi?)

(Oh, and there are definitely conspiracy theories about it being a publicity stunt lol, whether for Ru Yi or from Mei Ah (since Hawick is also an artist under them now)--but I just can't believe being for publicity now that it's gotten to this point, even if I want to. I do still want to see an admission directly from Yang Mi herself though--whether on video interview or on weibo...)

What is weirder though to me, is I didn't get a single "dating" vibe between Hawick/YM??? Whether during their Ru Yi interview together, or during their phone call at the Happy Camp promo episode (http://v.ku6.com/show/jAaTyoXrY8FJc08W.html)--Yang Mi thought it was a private call, yet the way she was talking was soooo impatient/brusque. (She didn't even recognize his voice at first until he told her who he was, she kept saying she was busy/had to go work, and asked Hawick if he lost a bet or something when he was faking the "sweet-talk". It just seems so far from how she would talk to a boyfriend...I seriously swear she talks sweeter to FSF lmao. )

Well I guess these people are "actors" for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    From what I understand, Yang Mi said she wanted to keep it secret too (and I'll admit it, she did a pretty good job at it for the past few months). The story is, the paparrazzi caught pics of Hawick and Yang Mi together. So Yang Mi decided to just come out with it since she's said in the past if they have evidence, she won't deny it. She said if the pictures never surfaced she would've continued keeping it hidden.

I agree it is incredibly hard to keep a relationship under such a spotlight...especially when YM is so busy (I am still confused over when exactly she even managed time to go on dates with Hawick? Lol).
    I don't believe it's a publicity stunt at all but I do believe that this news benefit Mei Ah Company for the publicity of their upcoming drama 'Ruyi'.

Just Like FSF admitted, I'm sure FSF liked YM at some point. It might be unrequited love for him, or perhaps, they liked each other or even dated each other and their feelings fizzled out before the news 'found out' about them. So they didn't really have to announce they were ever dating.

I'm guessing that if it hadn't been because of the snapshot outside YM's apt building, They might have still kept it a secret. Since they were 'caught', they might as well just announce it.

For the Happy Camp show, well, I'm sure YM got the weirdness from Hawick. Hawick asked her out, it was probably weird that Hawick asked her out at that time since they're already dating, especially he called her during her shooting time (which I'm sure that he pretty much knew what her schedule was like).

Well, YM admitted that because of her busy schedule, she didn't even think of dating but after hanging out with Hawick, she trusts him and when she is with him, she could reflect on herself which she has never experienced before.

And at some interview, Hawick was asked if he was in a relationship (probably he hasn't dated YM at that time because he mentioned that he didn't belong to any agency), he said that he didn't think of having a relationship before his career was established.
    Well, I guess, he's doing much better in terms of career to think about dating now .

Neither of them thought about love, but I guess love comes when it's the least expected.

Quote Originally Posted by orangejamboy View Post
    I guess i'm definitely one of those in denial, but i'm sure i'll get out of it!

As like you guys, i'm just really curious about how YM and FSF is gonna act at their next apperance together. I honestly have no idea and all. I mean celebs have to be pretty cautious about their actions especially when they are attached. When the rel wasn't publicise yet, FengMi can flirt all they want, leaving fans to spazz and guess if they're together, but now, its just gonna be weird.
    I was guessing that they may not make many appearance together much since they're not promoting any new drama, are they?
    Even if they do, I'm sure she will not act so flirtatious. She didn't have to cover up anymore because she already opened up about her relationship with Hawick.

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    There are so many conspiracy theories right now floating online about Hawick/YM relationship being fake, but I don't believe any of them. Even though Hawick/YM's relationship came as a shock to everyone, including me, now that it's publicly official, I really think they are genuinely in a relationship and I understand why they went public despite the not-so-explicit photos.

My take on why they chose to go public:
    1) Photos were snapped of them. Honestly, those photos weren't enough to pinpoint to undeniable degree that they are dating. I think if they wanted to, both could easily deny it like Huang Xiaoming and AngelaBaby. They chose not to, because the benefits of going public outweigh the costs. Constant denial would look worse on both parties.

3) Aforementioned by Mango_cake MeiAh wants them go public and use this opportunity to increase their artists public exposure.

He may have at one point during the FengMi craze had feelings for YM, but I think it didn't work out and they both ended up being BBF.
    I agree with JoleCole on this.

It's funny how it turns out, during many of the interviews, Hawick was asked many times whether or not he was dating YM and he consistently answered that his relationship with YM was complicated. (yeah right! )
    He said that even though he was much older that YM, in a way she was his 'Shi jie' in the company since he just joined the company Mei Ah and he was the newbie in that company.
    Last edited by salianet; 01-09-12 at 11:02 AM.

I just read a written interview on Hawick, which gives further details about his relationship with YM. He said he first met YM while he was shooting Great Tang Female General: Fan Lihua with YM's good friend/Eldest Sister Qin Lan back in 2010 Hengdian. Somehow I get the feeling that Qin Lan called them both out for dinner and they got a short introduction. He said YM showed up to dinner with wet hair and no makeup after filming/shower, as if she was eating dinner at home. And she gave him a feeling like she was just a "normal little girl," a complete contrast to her Yuejie persona in front of cameras. At that time, they were just casual acquaintances and didn't even have each other phone number. It was shooting of RuYi that really brought the two together.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of Jinyong's Legend of the Condor Heroes. The article title was freakin hilarious to me. "Guo Xiang becomes Hong Qi Gong's daughter-in-law." (郭襄给洪七公做儿媳)

I think this Chinese New Year, YM will most likely celebrate the holiday with Hawick's family back in HK.

xiaolong, I think you may bump into her if she ever goes HK with Hawick.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 01-09-12 at 09:21 PM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Anyway, I'm a big fan of Jinyong's Legend of the Condor Heroes. The article title was freakin hilarious to me. "Guo Xiang becomes Hong Qi Gong's daughter-in-law." (郭襄给洪七公做儿媳)
    That title almost made me choke! (Liu Dan/Lau Dan was Hong Qi Gong in LOCH83, and YM was Guo Xiang in ROCH06).
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

I think this Chinese New Year, YM will most likely celebrate the holiday with Hawick's family back in HK.

xiaolong, I think you may bump into her if she ever goes HK with Hawick.
    I know, I'm shallow, but I'm not receptive of Hawick-YM yet...heheh! Need some time...I'm not really looking forward anymore to HFCQ now.

But I did read somewhere that the paparazzi also spotted YM fetching Hawick from the airport. I guess at this airport scene, it was Hawick & YM herself meeting up. Whereas with FSF, it was FSF & YM's parents.

Tell ya...it's the airport where coupledom is most telling.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-09-12 at 10:23 PM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

i'm still really looking forward to hfcq since it looks like a well directed drama with a potentially good storyline even though i don't like historical dramas so much.

but now i'm actually looking forward to ruyi after having seen the teaser trailer. it looks gorgeous.

anyhow, i don't think ym was very flirtatious towards fsf these past two months, but she definitely appears to treat him more sweetly. i don't know if anyone considered this possibility, but perhaps fsf finally revealed to ym that he has a girlfriend? therefore, ym doesn't have to feel as reserved around him in fear of leading him on. since he's taken and she's taken, there will unlikely be any misunderstanding. i don't hold my male friends' arms or hands the way ym did to fsf, but come on, they won the weibo best pair award. other than that, she never kissed him or suggested anything of that nature in front of anyone. and they've been through so much last year (in terms of gaining massive popularity and fully entering the movie businesss) that they it seems that only they could relate to each other.

anyhow, loving that title on gx because hqg's daugther in law.

I've been lurking lately and not posting, mostly because I didn't know what to say, and I didn't want to offend anybody. Also, the spcnet comment system was not being nice to me.From my view, I've been a YM fan for about 6 years now. Long before her romantic entanglements. So frankly, all this business doesn't really affect me and I could care less who she dates. I also was not a fan of Fengmi, which is why I did so much lurking in this thread as of late...haha. All of this hoopla doesn't affect the way I view her projects at all. If I was interested in one of her movies/series I still am, if I wasn't I'm still not. HFCQ interested me because she looked gorgeous, almost like her Guo Xiang days, and I liked the concept of Ru Yi. I was planning on staying away from Gong 2 anyway lol, and I'm still hoping that YM will get more quality projects I can be excited about.I do think Mei Ah should lay off the overexposure though. I so hoped YM would follow in the steps of some of my favorite actresses like Li Bing Bing and Zhou Xun and handle everything classily, like the potential A-list star she is.About this Hawick stuff, as long as she's happy that's great. She needs some comfort and joy in her hectic life. And in the end, I like an actress for herself not her significant other. Shui Ling, Liu Tao, and Vicki Zhao all got MARRIED, and I don't even really know who their spouses are but I remain a fan of these actresses themselves.Best of luck and happiness to Yang Mi!
    Yang Mi, Liu Shi Shi, Tang Yan = my young golden three

Like some of the members here, I have been following YangMi since the condor heroes days and watch a lot of her dramas. But for some reason I also got suck into the FengMi thing. When YangMi admitted that she is dating Hawick, I will admit I was extremely shock and disappointed (I wish it was FSF not Hawick). I can't accept Hawick/YangMi (WeiMi...sound so weird) yet but will still support her work. But like what mango_cake said I don't regret following them for the past year and will continue to support FengMi collaboration esp HFCQ. But based on what FSF said, its sounds like he just found out about the relationship recently as well but then again YangMi and Hawick hasn't been dating for that long.

Back to YangMi's project, is anyone watching Beijing Love Story. If so, how is it so far? Was actually quite excite about this drama but the FengMi news is taking up too much of my time. Will probably start it after finishing We Are A Family. Currently watching We Are A Family but she really doesn't have that much screen time, doesn't appears until esp 15.