Thread: Yang Mi (杨幂)

Dumb questions, but do super famous celebs in China have stalker fans as well? As in fans who follow them home and etc. And why would YM offend HY by revealing her relationship?

But EEG. Hmm. But I always feel like EEG artistes are overworked. What's going to happen to her album contract though? Since EEG likes making their artistes do everything.

perhaps HY was hoping to capitalize on fengmi. but ym burst that dream when she announced her relationship with hawick. plus, seems as though many fengmi fans and fsf fans are upset at ym. is fsf now a money making machine for HY? i actually want YM to be with a mainland management company so we can see her in more series. =P yes, not feasible for her to return to series but a fan can dream.

if ym ends up with EEG, then we should all expect her to pair up with raymond lam in movies soon. so then she will be with all the popular fengs at some point in her career.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    if ym ends up with EEG, then we should all expect her to pair up with raymond lam in movies soon. so then she will be with all the popular fengs at some point in her career.
    I thought Raymond Lam's management company is TVB and not EEG. Nicholas Tse is the one with EEG. Anyway, her fans hope that she'll sign with a non-mainland company to open her doors to more international opportunities. YM's current management situation is sorta complicated. She has her own set of agents and assistants to form her own independent studio, but they're tied to Mei Ah. Mei Ah acts sorta like their umbrella but much of the decisions and contracts are handle exclusively by YM's agents. I heard Mei Ah, itself, did not have its own artist management department before YM signed with them. The artist management department headquartered in Beijing was formed by YM's agents Zhao Xiaoyao and Ceng Jia.

perhaps HY was hoping to capitalize on fengmi. but ym burst that dream when she announced her relationship with hawick. plus, seems as though many fengmi fans and fsf fans are upset at ym. is fsf now a money making machine for HY? i actually want YM to be with a mainland management company so we can see her in more series. =P yes, not feasible for her to return to series but a fan can dream.
    Yep. Huayi is one of the big production companies financing Painted Skin 2. They were definitely hoping to use FengMi to market this movie when it hits theater in June. Now that the magic of FengMi evaporated, they won't be able to milk the benefit of the FengMi craze. FengMi was arguably one of the most successful/profitable onscreen pairings in the history of Chinese entertainment.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 02-10-12 at 05:55 PM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Quote Originally Posted by CBWarm View Post
    There are some lurking around like me
    Quote Originally Posted by XuLingYi View Post
    I have been a silent reader of this thread for a long time and now I'm actually happy to see GeMi shipper here
    Mango_cake, I believe you now

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    I agree! Well actually, I have sort of come around to the time-travel idea and now I think it has potential. *Maybe* it could be good if done right...but to be quite honest, I've given a few time-travel dramas a try and none of them have come close to making me interested, so I am kinda glad the Chinese television authorities banned it. It was getting a bit out of control with everyone getting ready to jump on the bandwagon.
    I just read the news about that over in afspot.net.... I'm fine with them banning time-travel dramas but other costume anciet dramas are what make chinese dramas different from others. Come to think of it, I kindda support the idea of banning time-travel dramas. That way Yu Zheng might not be able to produce Palace 3. If not then I hope he won't cast YM.

In other news it seems like Yang Mi has finally lived up to her promise that she will slow down a bit and get more rest. After her recent 2-week Chinese New Year holiday, Yang Mi is having a pretty relaxed February--she's taking another week-long break at the end of the month and only doing various promo activities/photoshoots etc during the rest of the month. She won't be starting filming again until March (when "Mulan Qi Yuan" is slated to begin production). Once again, I am glad that she's finally slowed her pace a bit after going crazy non-stop from 2009 through to the end of 2011...but at the same time, I am impatient and want to find out ASAP what other projects she has lined up, lol! XD
    Beside "Mulan Qi Yuan", doesn't YM still have small role in another movie with Huang Shao Ming? She still has Butterfly Cemetary and Princess Turandot, beside I heard she still has another movie that isn't reveal yet... seems like she still has a lot to do.

Personally, in ranking YM's three big ships (well I wouldn't even call Hawick/YM a "major ship" lol...but he does have "official" status! ) I think that in terms of looks, it's Hu Ge > Hawick > FSF. But in terms of onscreen chemistry, it's FSF > Hu Ge >>>>>>>> Hawick. Lol. Funny how that works...
    I think Hu Ge and Yang Mi has the most natural chemistry. Remember that when Palace 1 just started filming, YM doesn't like the way FSF portray 8th Prince and he went to ask for her advice, so their chemistry isn't natural like GeMi

Well, as I understand it the original novel which the movie is based off of is a suspense-thriller-type story. However, then we got the confusing news report awhile ago which classified "Butterfly Cemetery" as a "romance flick". So who knows.
    All of YM so called "scary" movies (Mysterious Island and The Door) aren't that scary. So I hope that Butterfly Cemetary actual lives up to its name, but I guess a little of romance wouldn't kill that, would it??

I would call her album a success just from all the lovely photoshoots and cute music vids we got out of it, heehee. XD I can ignore the singing...
    Couldn't quite get the whole idea how that song ties in with her fans since it's basically a love song. However, it has a cute factor to it...I don't find all her songs horrible. I thought they sound pretty decent for a person who does not have a lot of vocal training. I guess her unique and high pitch voice does contribute to how natural it's for her to sing bubbly, bubblegum pop songs

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    Rumors say YM will leaving Mei Ah by the end of this year. Some speculate she will switch over to HuaYi, but accordingly to the "higher echelon" of her fans with ties to YM's agents, YM offended HuaYi with her public relationship with Hawick, which burst the FengMi bubble. Consequently, they unilaterally terminated their original strategic plan with her. Someone said her next management company still won't be a mainland company. Maybe it's Emperor Entertainment Group? I think they're resourceful and powerful enough to land her lucrative advertising projects like Coke Cola.
    Really?? Can you give me the link where you found this information.
    I do kind of hope she sign with EEG after hearing that Nic Tse is also working under them I guess that it's best for YM to move away from company like Hua Yi Brothers because they quite a lot of popular stars under their management like Tang Yan, Ady An, Chen Si Cheng, and Li Chen. After all, YM already conquered TV drama, movie, and music industries, why not expand outside of China?
    Life is such a rush. Every step I take, I must remind myself to slow down and enjoy the scenery along the way.Happiness is simple.

I thought Raymond Lam's management company is TVB and not EEG. Nicholas Tse is the one with EEG. Anyway, her fans hope that she'll sign with a non-mainland company to open her doors to more international opportunities. YM's current management situation is sorta complicated. She has her own set of agents and assistants to form her own independent studio, but they're tied to Mei Ah. Mei Ah acts sorta like their umbrella but much of the decisions and contracts are handle exclusively by YM's agents. I heard Mei Ah, itself, did not have its own artist management department before YM signed with them. The artist management department headquartered in Beijing was formed by YM's agents Zhao Xiaoyao and Ceng Jia.
    Yang Mi could switch with Hawick and become an agent free actress
    Life is such a rush. Every step I take, I must remind myself to slow down and enjoy the scenery along the way.Happiness is simple.

Quote Originally Posted by ByStander View Post
    Really?? Can you give me the link where you found this information.
    I do kind of hope she sign with EEG after hearing that Nic Tse is also working under them I guess that it's best for YM to move away from company like Hua Yi Brothers because they quite a lot of popular stars under their management like Tang Yan, Ady An, Chen Si Cheng, and Li Chen. After all, YM already conquered TV drama, movie, and music industries, why not expand outside of China?
    Tang Yan was never under Huayi. She's under Orange Sky Entertainment.

Yang Mi could switch with Hawick and become an agent free actress
    Hawick recently joined Mei Ah, the same agent that manages YM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

YM switching over to EEG is just my pure speculation! I have no idea whom she's going to switch to.

Rumors say YM will leaving Mei Ah by the end of this year. Some speculate she will switch over to HuaYi, but accordingly to the "higher echelon" of her fans with ties to YM's agents, YM offended HuaYi with her public relationship with Hawick, which burst the FengMi bubble. Consequently, they unilaterally terminated their original strategic plan with her. Someone said her next management company still won't be a mainland company. Maybe it's Emperor Entertainment Group? I think they're resourceful and powerful enough to land her lucrative advertising projects like Coke Cola.
    I would love if the Hua Yi rumours were true!! Well, I guess we don't know the truth to these rumours but I can see it being true (i.e. YM offending HY with the Hawick thing...). Really, the girl needs to stop inadvertently pissing off all these powerful people in the industry, lol! I'm sure a lot of people (including Hua Yi, me, and lots of other FengMi/GeMi/YM fans) would've preferred her keeping the Hawick news hidden for a bit longer, lol. But, to be honest, I hope if this is the case Hua Yi can overlook it. They would still benefit a lot more from signing YM than giving her the cold shoulder...plus, let's be real, it was their artist (Feng Shaofeng) who gained the most in this situation here! Thanks to the year-long FengMi craze, FSF really broke into the movie industry and now I don't think he needs the FengMi thing either to keep his career going, in fact the Hawick reveal probably did his career more good anyways. So really YM already helped them make a ton of money. I mean, no doubt FengMi was very profitable for Hua Yi, but FSF and YM individually are still big draws on their own.

(Plus I think most people would still enjoy FengMi nonetheless even if they aren't actually an item! I heard HFCQ got extremely good ratings on the local TV channel so clearly there are still lots of people interested in them, heheh. ^_^)

Anyways, if not Hua Yi, I would rather her sign with a mainland company too--not just because that way her chances of doing another TV series is higher (as patricia pointed out) but also because I enjoy mainland-produced movies more than HK movies too. It's kinda weird that YM got Hawick to sign with Mei Ah though, since (again, if the rumours are true) she probably had an idea that she'd be leaving Mei Ah in a y
    Last edited by mango_cake; 02-12-12 at 05:47 AM.

Yang Mi is one of several celebs who appeared in a promo clip for Bvlgari--video is here: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzUxMzYxNDEy.html (YM appears around the 0:40 mark, then again around 0:55 and 1:08-1:16)

Screencaps: (she looks quite elegant here! ^_^)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i43.tinypic.com/24dj7fm.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i42.tinypic.com/hvcdqd.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i42.tinypic.com/ftm44l.jpg')

In other news, people are saying that HFCQ has been leaked and pirated DVDs are available to buy, and has apparently been uploaded entirely!! *runs off to find download links*

Someone else also mentioned that they saw "Da Qin Zhi Dao" pirated discs available to buy as well, I don't know if it's true or not but if so, I hope someone uploads it ASAP! XD
    Last edited by mango_cake; 02-12-12 at 08:33 PM.

Yang Mi is one of several celebs who appeared in a promo clip for Bvlgari--video is here: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzUxMzYxNDEy.html (YM appears around the 0:40 mark, then again around 0:55 and 1:08-1:16)

Screencaps: (she looks quite elegant here! ^_^)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i43.tinypic.com/24dj7fm.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i42.tinypic.com/hvcdqd.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i42.tinypic.com/ftm44l.jpg')

In other news, people are saying that HFCQ has been leaked and pirated DVDs are available to buy, and has apparently been uploaded entirely!! *runs off to find download links*

Someone else also mentioned that they saw "Da Qin Zhi Dao" pirated discs available to buy as well, I don't know if it's true or not but if so, I hope someone uploads it ASAP! XD
    She looks absolutely gorgeous here! You can kind of see hints of her old jawline and she doesn't look odd or anything. Times like this she reminds me just how beautiful she is
    Yang Mi, Liu Shi Shi, Tang Yan = my young golden three

Somehow this BTS photo from Ru Yi cracks me up! YM with her big gigantic umbrella and Hawick with his puny little plastic fan.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/78e5edb2gw1dq0kr9oilaj.jpg')

Somehow this BTS photo from Ru Yi cracks me up! YM with her big gigantic umbrella and Hawick with his puny little plastic fan.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/78e5edb2gw1dq0kr9oilaj.jpg')
    What the heck is Hawick doing? I though Ru Yi was the one going through the beating
    By the way, if anyone interested, I've been following Ru Yi and the drama really picks up after Yao Dong's death (I think that's around ep.18)
    Last edited by ByStander; 02-14-12 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Tang Yan was never under Huayi. She's under Orange Sky Entertainment.

Hawick recently joined Mei Ah, the same agent that manages YM.
    Oh. I remember someone told me that Tang Yan is under Hua Yi. Just checked wiki and it's not
    What I meant is that Hawick was free agent and now he joined Mei A so in turn YM is getting out of there

Hey there is actually 2 Tang Yans and yes one of them is in Huayi. But Tiffany Tang Yan (Chinese Paladin 3) is in Orange Sky Entertainment. So both of you is right.

Quote Originally Posted by kingjune86 View Post
    Hey there is actually 2 Tang Yans and yes one of them is in Huayi. But Tiffany Tang Yan (Chinese Paladin 3) is in Orange Sky Entertainment. So both of you is right.
    oh... no wonder

anyway. I found this GIF of all YM scenes in the Bvlgari promo clip
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/75d70f84gw1dq0dais3g8g.gif')

direct url: http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/75d70f84gw1dq0dais3g8g.gif
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ByStander; 02-14-12 at 12:30 AM.

Pretty gif! ^_^

Anyways apparently the news of DQZD being leaked and pirated DVDs being available is true, because someone actually uploaded a Yang Mi-cut of it! Ok, officially excited--I hope this means that DQZD will be broadcasted soon or available in full online, because we have been waiting wayyy too long! I haven't managed to watch the vids (one seemed to have already gotten deleted and another wouldn't load for me), but at any rate I want to watch the full version anyways (not a YM-cut) so I'll keep waiting (but hopefully not for too long! ).

In other news...I bring you guys another leaked pic of Yang Mi from Painted Skin 2: (apparently HP2 is going to be rather gorey--the heart that YM is holding kinda squicks me out a bit. T_T But, I think it is still within my limits of what I can handle...)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i39.tinypic.com/14b8dub.jpg')

the props for Hua Bi 2 look legit I love it

by the way if you found the links for DQZD or HFCQ, please share

by the way if you found the links for DQZD or HFCQ, please share
    I don't think anyone has uploaded DQZD yet, unfortunately...

But as for HFCQ, there are tons of download/viewing links out there (including on Youtube), however all the ones I've tried have horrible quality. Seems like the first few eps were taken from the TV channel's internet streaming site (so very poor quality) while the latter eps are taken from the pirated DVDs (I assume, since I don't think they have aired on TV yet). So basically, the last few eps are great quality...but I can't make it through the first half (I tried, but realized I just can't stand watching bad-quality video anymore... ). I don't know why they didn't just upload everything from DVD!

So yeah, I'm still on a search for *good* download links for HFCQ...if anyone doesn't mind the quality though, someone did post YT links in the HFCQ thread so you can give it a try!

***(MINOR) SPOILER ALERT***

Oh, but the good news is, apparently they changed it so HFCQ has a happy ending! I wonder if they filmed both versions or if this change was made earlier on, since the synopsis of the series has always had the tragic ending? If they did film both versions I hope they release the other ending as well (maybe they will air that one on the other channels?).

Even though I am always complaining about wanting a happy ending, in this case I actually have mixed feelings...because it doesn't seem very true to history that Ru Ji and Xinling Jun (Wei Wuji) had a happy ending together. Not that I know much about that part of history, and besides I'm sure the drama is 90% fictional anyways--including the fact that we don't know if Ru Ji/Xinling Jun had a romantic relationship in the first place (actually I think very little is recorded of Ru Ji in history, apart from her role in stealing the "Hu Fu" for Xinling Jun...so there is probably no actual basis for their relationship, lol. But she did risk her life and commit treason against the king to help Xinling Jun, so that's something right? Although it may have been just to repay him for helping her get revenge for her father...but then you wonder why he helped her with that in the first place, so maybe there was something going on there, heheh... XD Well I guess we'll never know, so the dramatized version is more fun! )

Anyways, getting back on topic, the point is I feel like the tragic ending would have made more sense/felt more realistic. I'm still thrilled they went with a happy FengMi ending though. Basically, I think the best-case scenario would be for them to release both endings!
    Last edited by mango_cake; 02-15-12 at 05:06 AM.

Oops, looks like I spoke too soon! ^_^ Just found a very nice HQ download for HFCQ: http://www.jdmovie.com/neididsj/hufuchuanqi/

(The first part is bad quality, second section is the DVD uploads. However, you DO need to download the Baidu player for this.)

Yang Mi looks very pretty in here and I love the costumes/hairstyles. However, I was a bit disappointed that they didn't get their voices professionally dubbed. I don't mind FSF/YM's original voices in modern series but in these ancient dramas it just doesn't give off the right "vibe" without the professional voice actors. I had the same problem with some other recent ancient series (like Three Kingdoms), where the voices of the actors just sounded too modern. Some of the transitions between scenes and storytelling effects (hard to describe) in HFCQ also seem like it would be more suitable for a modern series than an ancient one.

What is really weird is that in the opening scene, it sounded like FSF did get his voice dubbed over for the first two sentences. Then his original voice kicked in after that. I wonder if they will dub it properly for the CCTV-8 release? Or maybe it's the pirated copy that doesn't have the dubs? Oh well, in the meantime, as long as the story is good I guess I don't mind that much.