Page 28 of 312 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536373878128 ... LastLast

Thread: Yang Mi (杨幂)

my cheesecakes only endorse non-overrated actresses,
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

I like the ROCH story overall mainly because of the supporting characters, not the lead couple actually which i think is one of the most boring JY couples ever, besides MNC and YK in LOCH. I much prefer the other 2 stories of the condor trilogy, LOCH followed by HSDS. ROCH's main plus for me is actually its strong supporting characters which were practically sidelined and butchered in the mainland adaptation (in order to make full way for the leading couple ), with the exception of a few like GX (Phew, if they had butchered her scenes like LWS's.. then )
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    I like the ROCH story overall mainly because of the supporting characters, not the lead couple actually which i think is one of the most boring JY couples ever, besides MNC and YK in LOCH. I much prefer the other 2 stories of the condor trilogy, LOCH followed by HSDS. ROCH's main plus for me is actually its strong supporting characters which were practically sidelined and butchered in the mainland adaptation (in order to make full way for the leading couple ), with the exception of a few like GX (Phew, if they had butchered her scenes like LWS's.. then )
    I think this edition made XLN and YG the most boring couple. Actually their story in the written form is very touching. I wonder if this sort of true love still exists on Earth, guy waits for girls for 16 years. Wow!
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." "不闻不若闻之,闻之不若见之,见之不若知之,知之不若行之" Confucius

So I presume everyone is happy with Yang Mi's performance in RoCH '06?

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior
    I think this edition made XLN and YG the most boring couple. Actually their story in the written form is very touching. I wonder if this sort of true love still exists on Earth, guy waits for girls for 16 years. Wow!
    It was boring for me because there was just too much emphasis on the couple, and the annoying part was the cutting out of scenes with supporting characters in it, and especially crucial and important scenes, like the beginning peach blossom island scenes etc. I just don't see how substantial their claim is to have no time for so many scenes when they can allocate plentiful of beautiful but very unnecessary scenes to emphasis more on the romance of the lead couple as well as the XLN character. They could butcher and mess up LWS's scenes but show XLN wandering sadly, looking for YG, battling with umbrellas against LMC etc...and tons more later, like cutting short the stone formation scene where YG saves HR, GF and the Wu brothers against GLFW, YG meeting H7G and OYF etc. And the final battle at XiangYang scene was badly done as well..again, emphasis on the lead couple and YG doing his 1 man show, with GJ and the rest pushed into the background, like helpless dames.

I think the reason why GX's scenes weren't butchered as much was mainly because XLN had absolutely no reason to appear in those scenes and they could focus abit more on YG and GX on their adventure though it was too rushed as well, the part where they went to look for ZBT was chopped beyond recognition and the part at the Shi Brothers Manor with the CG-ed beasts was terrible as well.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    So I presume everyone is happy with Yang Mi's performance in RoCH '06?
    I for one am. She's very fitting for the character, looks and acting wise, and provides much needed relief from the somewhat dready romance of the leads and w/o XLN in the picture, YM's GX was probably the only highlight after the 16years. I especially loved the first scene she appeared in, drinking with the beggars, she was really in character during that scene. But i wanted to see more scenes when she travelled with YG which was much too short and abrupt imo. The only problem i found with YM's GX was probably during the Xiangyang battle scene, she seemed weaker and less agitated than described in the novel. This adaptation also didn't show how GJ favoured her least out of all his children, or maybe it was just edited away as well.

Wise Fool

Don't know about GJ but I do know that HR favoured her least. Did they at least portray this correctly? I hope it's a yes!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

HR did? I thought she cared for GX cause she was known as the " lil devil" like the grandpa, Wicked east

Ym was a fine GX, May i ask since the file was damaged, did they show her birthday with the weirdos.. or was that cut out too?

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Ym was a fine GX, May i ask since the file was damaged, did they show her birthday with the weirdos.. or was that cut out too?
    They did show that, but the 1st gift where YG asked the Shi Brothers to present the ears of the mongolian soldiers they slaughtered was cut off quite abit, if you've never watched previous adaptations or read the novel, you wouldn't have known that the stuff they were flinging about were human ears, since the part where the brothers reveal the present as ears was cut off, quite silly imo, since it was a matter of just a few seconds and they had to cut that off
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 04-29-06 at 01:28 PM.

Wise Fool

I see I see. such a shame.

the ending .. was a bit rushed. I mean, after the battle.. Yg and XLN just left and flew with the Condor.. They couldn't put the scene where they named the Greats and everyething.

HR did? I thought she cared for GX cause she was known as the " lil devil" like the grandpa, Wicked east
    Yes, HR actually loved and doted on all her children equally. It was GJ, who was biased against GX since they had to go through some trouble to get her back ever since she was born. And since young, GX had a heretic nature which displeased her parents, especially GJ, who was harsh to her as he did not want her to grow up spoilt like GF, whom he felt very embarrased and guilty for chopping off YG's arm, he felt that it was partly his fault and HR's for spoiling GF such that she caused YG to lose an arm, and thus, was extra strict towards the twins, GPL was an obedient boy but GX was the opposite. The ROCH 95 and 98 versions showed this but this version did not. In fact, i thought GJ was portrayed as very protective over GX since he did rush out to try to rescue her when she was held hostage during the last part when actually, he was supposed to be angry with her for getting herself captured and was willing to sacrifice her for the sake of Xiang Yang, it was HR who could not bear GX being killed and rushed out to save her.

This version portrayed HR as very caring and loving towards GX though, abit more thn the other versions i think, it seemed like HR doted on GX the most amg the children in this version.

Wise Fool

even if the supporting roles are well developed in the novel...just hearing about the lack of emphasis placed on these characters and scenes crucial to the story is a huge turnoff...but i may rent the last few episodes just to see yang mi...and forward everyone else...
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

I see I see. such a shame.

the ending .. was a bit rushed. I mean, after the battle.. Yg and XLN just left and flew with the Condor.. They couldn't put the scene where they named the Greats and everyething.
    ZJZ probably didnt want to spoil anything...probably didnt want to hint people that he's going to make HSDS. We'll probably see that scene in HSDS. Plus, it'll help out with the storyline as well. Maybe we'll see a little more of Yang Mi in the beginning...but then again...if she's ZhaoMin...it'll confuse the hell out of people...so scratch that....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    ZJZ probably didnt want to spoil anything...probably didnt want to hint people that he's going to make HSDS. We'll probably see that scene in HSDS. Plus, it'll help out with the storyline as well. Maybe we'll see a little more of Yang Mi in the beginning...but then again...if she's ZhaoMin...it'll confuse the hell out of people...so scratch that....LOL
    i don't think ZJZ will include that scene in HSDS because it's not really that relevant to the main plotline of HSDS

it'd be kinda funny if they tried to do the GX and ZM thing if Yang Mi will be acting both parts. If YM was cast as ZM, most likely, they'd do a replacement for GX

Yes, HR actually loved and doted on all her children equally. It was GJ, who was biased against GX since they had to go through some trouble to get her back ever since she was born. And since young, GX had a heretic nature which displeased her parents, especially GJ, who was harsh to her as he did not want her to grow up spoilt like GF, whom he felt very embarrased and guilty for chopping off YG's arm, he felt that it was partly his fault and HR's for spoiling GF such that she caused YG to lose an arm, and thus, was extra strict towards the twins, GPL was an obedient boy but GX was the opposite. The ROCH 95 and 98 versions showed this but this version did not. In fact, i thought GJ was portrayed as very protective over GX since he did rush out to try to rescue her when she was held hostage during the last part when actually, he was supposed to be angry with her for getting herself captured and was willing to sacrifice her for the sake of Xiang Yang, it was HR who could not bear GX being killed and rushed out to save her.

This version portrayed HR as very caring and loving towards GX though, abit more thn the other versions i think, it seemed like HR doted on GX the most amg the children in this version.
    Really? I thought HR was the biased one because of all the trouble during GX's birth, and that GJ was harsh because... yeah, due to Guo Fu and GX's heretic behavior.

Hmm. No doubt GX would be, and IS the favorite of HYS anyway.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.pickingdom.com/bbs/UploadFile/2006-3/200632922314590632.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.pickingdom.com/bbs/UploadFile/2006-3/200632922312035615.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.pickingdom.com/bbs/UploadFile/2006-3/200632922323870760.jpg')

Wise Fool

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/x/2006-05-01/U1223P28T3D1071145F326DT20060501123312.jpg')

Wise Fool

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/x/2006-05-01/U1223P28T3D1071145F326DT20060501123312.jpg')
    Did they take that picture when she heard the news that she had to pull out 2 of her teeth. She looks so weak and helpless, woo... melts your heart.
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." "不闻不若闻之,闻之不若见之,见之不若知之,知之不若行之" Confucius

^ Awww...but it's so adorable! And her skin is so beautiful, fair and clear!

I don't think anyone else has shared this thought, so I thought I'd bring it up because I think it's kind of neat. If you look past the obvious racial differences and makeup there's something similar, if not in specifics like the shapes of the tips of their noses, to their wide eyes and round chin, then in their overall look.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2005-07-15/U1343P28T3D780456F326DT20050715091323.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img281.imageshack.us/img281/9333/hep25ho.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9964/hep45nv.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2005-07-15/U1343P28T3D780454F326DT20050715091312.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/181/audreyhepburn8at.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2005-10-11/U1343P28T3D862162F326DT20051011112412.jpg')

I'm not making any kind of statement on their acting abilities and I'm not saying I think they look like twins or anything. Yang Mi looks a lot different in ancient costume than she does in modern attire, and I know full well one is Caucasian and one is Asian, but I think something about them, especially their eyes, have the same kind of look. If it's not physical, it's something about their style or carriage that struck me as being comparable. You certainly don't have to agree, but I was curious if anyone else could see what I mean.