Page 36 of 312 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Yang Mi (杨幂)

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    I actually like her yellow outfit best, her black one was alright too..i disliked the red one the most but i thought the fury red cape and wrist bands were cute on her. I would have much prefer YM to have costumes like CSS's GF. But still, she looked very sweet despite the weird getups which did nothing much to hide her beauty (too bad for the evil designers ).

As much as i would have love to see more GX scenes, i was actually thankful tt they did allocate adequate screentime to her (though i would have loved to see more bt she's a supporting character, if not, the main supporting character at most after the 16yrs) considering the hideous editing out of scenes and compared to other characters like LWS or CY who had their scenes practically butchered beyond recognition. I would have boycotted the series if they did that to YM's GX!
    We should probably have a petition on an 'Extended Version' of Guo Xiang scenes in ROCH'05!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

True true... I liked her black outfit the most... but that could just be a preference colour of mine...
    I was actually referring to the red outfit when i first mentioned the one i did not like, but the cape and all, like you said, was nice. In addition, the yellow outfit, accentuated the fact that she was slim:P but while snug fit and looked the part when at the back, some of the designs at the front leaves a little to be desired.

So all in all, I wasn't too happy with the red and yellow, in my opinion. Then again, as I've mentioned, it wasn't that bad. Similarly, I'm also grateful for the adequate scene time(relatively), although I'd have wished for more...

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr
    stop being so subjective geeky girl!!!
    the costume designers did what the Director wanted. i think it suits Guo Xiang. her 'little eastern herectic' personality shines through
    the truth is objective my friend. the series was done to promote lyf's ahem...beauty (who i still don't think is beautiful enough as xln) so they uglified (is that even a word? ) the pretty actresses and gave lyf the best costumes and lighting. despite that ym as gx still impressed many guys (not all) more than lyf's role as xln...anyhow, i need to stop turning this into a comparison thread. so i'll end here.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    the truth is objective my friend. the series was done to promote lyf's ahem...beauty (who i still don't think is beautiful enough as xln) so they uglified (is that even a word? ) the pretty actresses and gave lyf the best costumes and lighting. despite that ym as gx still impressed many guys (not all) more than lyf's role as xln...anyhow, i need to stop turning this into a comparison thread. so i'll end here.
    well...i wonder who, in your mind, is pretty enough to be XLN. you also have to keep in mind that JY got LYF's back

YM's GX captured my attention for the last few episodes and it was so exciting with her on screen. Hopefully HXM and YM could lead a series someday.

...anyhow, i need to stop turning this into a comparison thread. so i'll end here.
    that's the best idea you've had for a very long time!!! HAhahaha

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    well...i wonder who, in your mind, is pretty enough to be XLN. you also have to keep in mind that JY got LYF's back
    don't get me wrong. lyf is a cutie...just not a striking beauty...and her costumes and makeup really enhanced her features but they were so fancy that you can't call it natural beauty anymore.

and jy, well, keep in mind that this is the guy who wrote edition 3 for many of his books and changed some plots to make it worse. for ie, hys liking mcf? what the heck? that's like almost incest. eww. so i can't really respect his more recent decisions which includes having lyf playing xln. i actually would have liked to see shui ling take on that role. a real natural beauty who doesn't need the outrageous costumes or her co-stars to be uglified to stand out.

that's the best idea you've had for a very long time!!! HAhahaha
    why thank you. that makes it 1 for me and 0 for you.
    Last edited by patricia n; 05-16-06 at 11:29 PM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

don't get me wrong. lyf is a cutie...just not a striking beauty...and her costumes and makeup really enhanced her features but they were so fancy that you can't call it natural beauty anymore.
    I think LYF is the perfect XLN for what the Director wanted to achieve. XLN is often described in the book as angelic - like a fairy. Is LYF not like a fairy?

Of the other popular XLN actors, I see Carmen Lee more of a Goddess than a fairy. Idy Chan more of a prima donna without the conceitedness

and jy, well, keep in mind that this is the guy who wrote edition 3 for many of his books and changed some plots to make it worse. for ie, hys liking mcf? what the heck? that's like almost incest. eww. so i can't really respect his more recent decisions which includes having lyf playing xln. i actually would have liked to see shui ling take on that role. a real natural beauty who doesn't need the outrageous costumes or her co-stars to be uglified to stand out.
    who is MCF?
    its funny that you criticise JY - he's the creator - he can do what ever he wants with his creation!!!

why thank you. that makes it 1 for me and 0 for you.
    are we keeping score? only those lacking in confidence keep a record of their achievements
    LOL!

I think LYF is the perfect XLN for what the Director wanted to achieve. XLN is often described in the book as angelic - like a fairy. Is LYF not like a fairy?
    sigh, i don't want to continue this debate but i have no discipline. if a fairy looks like a child then i guess lyf is a fairy. otherwise, no.

who is MCF?
    its funny that you criticise JY - he's the creator - he can do what ever he wants with his creation!!!
    so what if he's the original creator? george lucus created star wars but when he had a more active role in the directing and script of the movie, it sank. so my point is, just because jy is the creator doesn't mean that he knows what's best for the series.

and if you're referring to his inability to stick to one ending for his novel then i have to say that his endless indecisiveness as an author makes him less respectable. adjusting events to be placed in the proper chronolgical order is one thing, but to change the novel so as to altar many factors is a cheap way of making money. i have issues with that. kinda like asking shakespeare to change the endings of his plays...i don't think the western countries would tolerate this. you're right that as a creator, he has the right to do whatever he wants, but as a consumer, i have the right to complain however i want.
    are we keeping score? only those lacking in confidence keep a record of their achievements
    LOL!
    only those who are afraid to lose would avoid keeping score. anyhow, i'm bad with numbers unless i win.
    Last edited by patricia n; 05-17-06 at 01:04 AM.

JY tends to change his opinions. I believe he said Fann wong looked like XLN in his mind.. then LYF came along
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

sigh, i don't want to continue this debate but i have no discipline. if a fairy looks like a child then i guess lyf is a fairy. otherwise, no.
    fairy is a direct translation..always reminds me of Tinker Bell from Peter Pan
    i think angel is a more appropriate word to describe XLN..

so what if he's the original creator? george lucus created star wars but when he had a more active role in the directing and script of the movie, it sank. so my point is, just because jy is the creator doesn't mean that he knows what's best for the series.
    George Lucas has always been responsible for the Starwars scripts. the only movies he didnt direct were Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.
    A creator who doesnt know what's best for his creation? hahaha
    what was God thinking when he created Eve!!!

only those who are afraid to lose would avoid keeping score. anyhow, i'm bad with numbers unless i win.
    ok the score is:
    Patricia - 55378008
    Netdriftr - 1337

fairy is a direct translation..always reminds me of Tinkell Bell from Peter Pan
    i think angel is more appropriate word.
    my argument remains the same be it angel or fairy

George Lucas has always been responsible for the Starwars scripts. the only movies he didnt direct were Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.
    A creator who doesnt know what's best for his creation? hahaha
    what was God thinking when he created Eve!!!
    since you brought religion to it, need i remind you that god is perfect? anyhow, i didn't say that all creators are bad. my point was that being a creator doesn't mean that you know what's best for the creation. seriously, are you to tell me that having hys (hr's father) falling in love with mcf (his female disciple who learned 9yin) is a good thing? brilliance isn't permanent or else we would not have groups that are one hit wonders. my theory is jy has less credibility as he ages.

ok the score is:
    Patricia - 55378008
    Netdriftr - 1337

man, you're good at keeping score...definitely one of the best.

and to make this yang mi related, i hope yang mi gets a breakthrough role...shock china with her beauty and potential talent. go yang mi!!!!

my argument remains the same be it angel or fairy
    you're stubborn and pigheaded - you refused to see the point of a determined individual such as myself!!!! :P

seriously, are you to tell me that having hys (hr's father) falling in love with mcf (his female disciple who learned 9yin) is a good thing?
    maybe JY wanted to emphasize HYS' Eastern Herectic personality. HYS was fine with YG wanting to marry XLN. So why not love his disciple? Look at Guo Xiang's infactuation with YG! little girl crush can be scary - just watch the movie 'The Crush' starring Alicia Silverstone

man, you're good at keeping score...definitely one of the best.
    ok maybe my joke was lost on you.
    Get a calculator and punch in the number 55378008 and turn it upside down.
    as for 1337, 1137 = leet = elite in g33k hax0r 5p33k.

and you call yourself Geeky Girl??? lol

your joke was lost on me...lol...still, i am geeky...i'm now officially geeky after i posted a link for my suggestions for the rpg fic themesong. you really can't outdo that!

ps i just turned it upside down..you're dirty!

yang mi related: she's a hottie.
    Last edited by patricia n; 05-17-06 at 01:49 AM.

you're stubborn and pigheaded - you refused to see the point of a determined individual such as myself!!!! :P

maybe JY wanted to emphasize HYS' Eastern Herectic personality. HYS was fine with YG wanting to marry XLN. So why not love his disciple? Look at Guo Xiang's infactuation with YG! little girl crush can be scary - just watch the movie 'The Crush' starring Alicia Silverstone

you geeky homosapien... sif write 1337 lmao..
    strife - sexc
    1'm ju57 4\/\/350m3 1 0\/\/n y0u 4||

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    JY tends to change his opinions. I believe he said Fann wong looked like XLN in his mind.. then LYF came along
    JY praises almost every actor, except those who butcher his novels, like the taiwanese ROCH2000 and the various TVB-JY adaptations in the latter 1990s. In fact he said Idy was the perfect XLN, and when Carmen came along, he said that she made XLN come alive, and then Fann and now LYF.

And anyway, why are we discussing XLN or LYF or JY here? Do it in her thread or the ROCH06 thread, though if it's anything negative towards LYF, her fans will probably swarm full force at you..and we'll end up with another sickening LYF-Carmen fan fight before the Mod locks up the thread
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 05-17-06 at 03:49 AM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

JY praises almost every actor, except those who butcher his novels, like the taiwanese ROCH2000 and the various TVB-JY adaptations in the latter 1990s. In fact he said Idy was the perfect XLN, and when Carmen came along, he said that she made XLN come alive, and then Fann and now LYF.
    maybe he is losing it.. or to getting paid by the directors to earn the series for credibilty and popularity

And anyway, why are we discussing XLN or LYF or JY here? Do it in her thread or the ROCH06 thread, though if it's anything negative towards LYF, her fans will probably swarm full force at you..and we'll end up with another sickening LYF-Carmen fan fight before the Mod locks up the thread
    oh, no worries, netdriftr and i have agreed to call it quits in this thread...no more futile arguments between 2 stubborn mules.

but i agree with strife, jy's losing it or is getting bribed. lol.

so when will yang mi's series come out (the one in which she stars as one of 4 great beauties)?

Actually as I watched the show, I thought that LYF looks her part. The only drawback, as someone mentioned above, is that she is way too young, and it definitely shows on her face. But other than that, I'm pretty satisfied with LYF's XLN.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Default Hello People!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.pickingdom.com/bbs/UploadFile/2006-4/2006460215096670.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.pickingdom.com/bbs/UploadFile/2006-4/2006460233515701.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.pickingdom.com/bbs/UploadFile/2006-4/20064184102176071.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.pickingdom.com/bbs/UploadFile/2006-3/200633011103179416.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://photo.bababian.com/20060517/65B151911B7B5D9D9AD755E1A6007D38_500.jpg')

Wise Fool

Default Filming her latest movie

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.yangmi.org/bbs/UploadFile/2006-5/20065162282928124.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.yangmi.org/bbs/UploadFile/2006-5/20065162282920667.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.yangmi.org/bbs/UploadFile/2006-5/20065162282996451.jpg')

Wise Fool