Page 44 of 312 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Yang Mi (杨幂)

Quote Originally Posted by NetDriftr
    she stands out? interesting.... i've asked some friends to comment on GYY, LYF and YM and all said LYF was the stand out favourite. when i pressed for YM, they said shes like the girl next door - nice to know but easy to forget
    You always have something negative for all other actresses other than LYF huh?
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." "不闻不若闻之,闻之不若见之,见之不若知之,知之不若行之" Confucius

she stands out? interesting.... i've asked some friends to comment on GYY, LYF and YM and all said LYF was the stand out favourite. when i pressed for YM, they said shes like the girl next door - nice to know but easy to forget

LYF= overrated

but anyways, I personally find GYY stand out more than LYF..LYF still looks like some school girl If i could find that pic again.. the one where GYY ad LYF were in an ad.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior
    You always have something negative for all other actresses other than LYF huh?
    lol i provide negative remarks for both LYF and YM.... my appreciation of both actresses are less bias than most

net, i know you're smart enough to know what an opinion is. just because lyf stands out to you and your friends means nothing to me. the first time i saw yang mi, she struck me as beautiful and she becomes more so with time. lyf doesn't cut it for me. maybe it's because i don't find girls who look like kids beautiful. i'm not a pedophile, unlike some.

ps lyf looks good in airbrushed pictures but no so much in normal everyday life pix. whereas yang mi simply stands out regardless even in unprofessional pix.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

lol i provide negative remarks for both LYF and YM.... my appreciation of both actresses are less bias than most

honey, admit that u just pick on YM a tad more..... I don't see anything negative from u in LYF thread

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    net, i know you're smart enough to know what an opinion is. just because lyf stands out to you and your friends means nothing to me. the first time i saw yang mi, she struck me as beautiful and she becomes more so with time. lyf doesn't cut it for me. maybe it's because i don't find girls who look like kids beautiful. i'm not a pedophile, unlike some.
    collective opinions can set the standard - and thats why your 'stand out' comment was a twist to my social circle opinion.

empirically, i dont think YM stands out

collective opinions can set the standard - and thats why your 'stand out' comment was a twist to my social circle opinion.

empirically, i dont think YM stands out
    that's okay, one group does not set the trend. and plus, we can make the same argument here that people here prefer yang mi...so what does that say? even if you use the argument that lyf has a larger fan base, that doesn't mean much to me, especially given the iq level of her fans. most of these fans like her because she's xln in roch06 (bigger production and better costume for xln) and they would probably like any girl who plays xln in that production.

anyhow, i'm going to walk away from this argument because nothing you say will change my opinion and vice versa.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

I don't think LYF stands out that much when standing next to YM.

Even my mom was at awed looking at YM. WHen she looked at LYF, she said, "this girl is pretty.. but she looks like a kid."

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    anyhow, i'm going to walk away from this argument because nothing you say will change my opinion and vice versa.
    awww come back patricia!!!

i haven't indicated one way or another that LYF stands out in the crowd....
    no where in my post indicates LYF is on higher ground than YM.

awww come back patricia!!!

i haven't indicated one way or another that LYF stands out in the crowd....
    no where in my post indicates LYF is on higher ground than YM.

by pushing down YM all the time.. u kind of indirectly push LYF UP

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    by pushing down YM all the time.. u kind of indirectly push LYF UP
    hahaha thats ridiculous - if im pushing down YM all the time - then you could say im pushing all other actresses above YM!

hahaha thats ridiculous - if im pushing down YM all the time - then you could say im pushing all other actresses above YM!

HO HO, i see your evil plans now! Keep working on that analysis paper young man! your grades are going down by the min

I still like the quote where it says lyf is just a another pretty girl with a baby fat face . Nothing spectacular in any other departments

Regarding the whole "LYF vs Yang Mi" thing...
    Personally, I think LYF is definitely beautiful, especially when I first saw her (like a year or two ago...). Unfortunately, she's been so over-hyped and I've seen her face plastered everywhere so often that it seems like I've become a bit "immune" to her beauty...if you guys know what I mean. Plus, Yang Mi is not only beautiful, but she possesses a kind of bubbly personality that really comes through in her pics (especially her normal, everyday pics), and it's this that really makes her stand out, for me. LYF looks better in those professional photoshoot pics, but in everyday pics she looks like a regular (albeit much prettier-than-average) girl, whereas YM seems more special and interesting, I guess. Someone before mentioned somewhere that LYF's looks are more "forgettable," even if they are angelic and whatnot, and I have to agree. YM leaves a more lasting impression--again probably due to the "personality factor." Again, though, this is just my opinion, so...*shrug*
    (And I dunno about you guys, but I'm sort of getting a bit tired of having defend every other actress to LYF fans...can't we just appreciate all of them without these pointless comparisons?!)

All this news of YM getting overworked is really disheartening, too. I wish I could just tell her to take a break! She really needs to get some rest, poor girl. I mean, I get stressed out all the time over just exams and schoolwork and whatnot--imagine balancing all that with acting! Yikes. I really hope she gets a decent vacation after she finishes filming this movie--she definitely deserves it!

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake
    Regarding the whole "LYF vs Yang Mi" thing...
    Personally, I think LYF is definitely beautiful, especially when I first saw her (like a year or two ago...). Unfortunately, she's been so over-hyped and I've seen her face plastered everywhere so often that it seems like I've become a bit "immune" to her beauty...if you guys know what I mean. Plus, Yang Mi is not only beautiful, but she possesses a kind of bubbly personality that really comes through in her pics (especially her normal, everyday pics), and it's this that really makes her stand out, for me. LYF looks better in those professional photoshoot pics, but in everyday pics she looks like a regular (albeit much prettier-than-average) girl, whereas YM seems more special and interesting, I guess. Someone before mentioned somewhere that LYF's looks are more "forgettable," even if they are angelic and whatnot, and I have to agree. YM leaves a more lasting impression--again probably due to the "personality factor." Again, though, this is just my opinion, so...*shrug*
    (And I dunno about you guys, but I'm sort of getting a bit tired of having defend every other actress to LYF fans...can't we just appreciate all of them without these pointless comparisons?!)

All this news of YM getting overworked is really disheartening, too. I wish I could just tell her to take a break! She really needs to get some rest, poor girl. I mean, I get stressed out all the time over just exams and schoolwork and whatnot--imagine balancing all that with acting! Yikes. I really hope she gets a decent vacation after she finishes filming this movie--she definitely deserves it!
    I feel you. I dont understand why some people attack LYF. Yes, she's maybe overhype...but so what...if she's more successful than other actresses then let it be...be happy for her...what's up with all the jealousy...if i was in those actresses shoes...i would fire my freaking manager and ask LYF's manager for help...or even ask LYF herself how she got to be so (Lucky)...

For me, I want these ladies to be equal or even to have small roles so that they could work together...once they get famous, they'll want the leading roles and will not work each other...the prettier actresses are in the series...the better for me to enjoy the series...LOL

My wish for GYY/Alyssa/YM/LYF/SFF/other cute actresses to be in the DOMD will never happen...wish it did though..DAMN!

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake
    yeah it really upsets mi to know that my angel is getting so burdened by all these stuff....i can see the fatigue in those bloodshot eyes of hers, and the haggard hair....plus she had to plug out her teeth just for some stupid show, i feeling like eating the stupid director who asked her to do it RAW!
    Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by lOngbOwmeN
    yeah it really upsets mi to know that my angel is getting so burdened by all these stuff....i can see the fatigue in those bloodshot eyes of hers, and the haggard hair....plus she had to plug out her teeth just for some stupid show, i feeling like eating the stupid director who asked her to do it RAW!
    Why must she have the tooth taken out please fill me in

[QUOTE=sunnysnow]YM had to extract 4 of her teeth in order to look slimmer for her role in a new movie. Apparently, her character is supposed to look really skinny and the director thinks that YM's face is too chubby and thats why she had to extract some teeth to make her face look slimmer and sharper, i guess she also had to lose some weight for the role. that's probably why she looks so much skinner recently, which is rather ridiculous since she's already very slim by nature..she's about 1.68m and weighs abt 90pounds/40kg currently(she was about 99pounds/45kg before)...which is ridiculously thin.QUOTE]

post 499 page 25 of this thread....refer to pages 25-27 to get a better idea
    Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

the director is insane in the membrane... sigh

Quote Originally Posted by strife_au
    the director is insane in the membrane... sigh
    it takes 2 to tango