Page 91 of 312 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141191 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,820 of 6226

Thread: Yang Mi (杨幂)

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    In order to prepare for her examinations, YM rejects offers of advertisments and endorsments in which she could have earned RMB100, 000 from citing studies as a more important factor to her than money at the moment.

link: http://ent.sina.com.cn/s/m/p/2006-07...111152522.html

Pics: $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/s/m/p/2006-07-10/U1343P28T3D1152522F326DT20060710161146.JPG')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/s/m/p/2006-07-10/U1343P28T3D1152522F329DT20060710161146.JPG')

Funny, LYF also attended Beijing Film Academy, which is famous for it's hectic workload, but i've never once heard of her having to balance work and studies, like YM. She seems to have breezed through her few yrs there..able to shoot long hours of films and advertisements, and even going over to Japan for voice training. I was rather surprised when i read that she just graduated from the academy since i hardly heard anything abt her studies and exams there, unlike YM.
    Whatever money can settle it's not a problem. Get the idea?
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand." "不闻不若闻之,闻之不若见之,见之不若知之,知之不若行之" Confucius

In order to prepare for her examinations, YM rejects offers of advertisments and endorsments in which she could have earned RMB100, 000 from citing studies as a more important factor to her than money at the moment.
    What a good girl! I'm proud of her!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

another girl going to study.. hmm...

Ym is from the beijing academy too>
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Beijing academy is not stupid. They would be if they rejected someone with LYF's popularity. YM is well-liked in SPCNET, but nowhere close as promoted and hyped as LYF. Even teh fans need to admit, being rich and famous gives you many automatic shortcuts.
    Filming exhaustive series and promotions for most of the years only leaves a few months time to fully dedicate to studies, so w/o strings being pulled or extraordinary influences present, no way someone can graduate within a reasonable time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Tei
    Beijing academy is not stupid. They would be if they rejected someone with LYF's popularity. YM is well-liked in SPCNET, but nowhere close as promoted and hyped as LYF. Even teh fans need to admit, being rich and famous gives you many automatic shortcuts.
    Filming exhaustive series and promotions for most of the years only leaves a few months time to fully dedicate to studies, so w/o strings being pulled or extraordinary influences present, no way someone can graduate within a reasonable time frame.

if that is the case.. i don't see there is anything to respect from shortcuts

It's how the world works. You try to get from point A to point B in whatever way you can. Some people have it much easier than others - their luck. Respect rarely plays into the equation. And even if it does, for every scrutinizing person who actually tries to look behind the flashy degrees, there are many more who only care about what's on the surface.

It's how the world works. You try to get from point A to point B in whatever way you can. Some people have it much easier than others - their luck. Respect rarely plays into the equation. And even if it does, for every scrutinizing person who actually tries to look behind the flashy degrees, there are many more who only care about what's on the surface.

I know.. sad sad world it is.A reason why i don't idolize any stars out there.. because u don't know what to believe

i thought yang mi had always emphasized education? didn't she lose weight while filming the doors because she had to fly back and forth just to catch up with her studies? anyhow, gotta admire this girl for getting her priorities straight; however, i do agree that it's a superficial world we live in where no one really bothers to understand what's really behind the degree.

but i wish her luck and i hope that when wang zhao jun gets released, her popularity will soar...that is, if she really did a great job portraying her character...and i hope she did.

i'm beginning to like her more the more i learn about her...minus her fetish for tall guys with long hair. eww...long hair is a turn off for me.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n
    i thought yang mi had always emphasized education? didn't she lose weight while filming the doors because she had to fly back and forth just to catch up with her studies? anyhow, gotta admire this girl for getting her priorities straight; however, i do agree that it's a superficial world we live in where no one really bothers to understand what's really behind the degree.

but i wish her luck and i hope that when wang zhao jun gets released, her popularity will soar...that is, if she really did a great job portraying her character...and i hope she did.

i'm beginning to like her more the more i learn about her...minus her fetish for tall guys with long hair. eww...long hair is a turn off for me.

I hope she doesn't major in music

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    I hope she doesn't major in music
    lol...music is the easy way out for those who don't take it seriously...but it's definitely challenging for those who are truly musicians.

yang mi so far has not struck me as the type to take the easy way out of everything in the life...maybe it has to do with the fact that she doesn't have connections, but that's good because it helps her build character. although others can argue that it's unfortunate because it means that she will have to work harder to get noticed. but whatever, i support her and i too hope that she doesn't major in music. so far, there has been no word of her wanting to be a singer...who knows what she'll major in.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

lol...music is the easy way out for those who don't take it seriously...but it's definitely challenging for those who are truly musicians.

yang mi so far has not struck me as the type to take the easy way out of everything in the life...maybe it has to do with the fact that she doesn't have connections, but that's good because it helps her build character. although others can argue that it's unfortunate because it means that she will have to work harder to get noticed. but whatever, i support her and i too hope that she doesn't major in music. so far, there has been no word of her wanting to be a singer...who knows what she'll major in.

I jst hope her studyings won't get too hyped.. they always end up as bad new somehow. I don't want her be compared to a certain someone

It's how the world works. You try to get from point A to point B in whatever way you can. Some people have it much easier than others - their luck. Respect rarely plays into the equation.
    Pity the poor audiences who think they're going to recieve decent performances onscreen due to the "credibility" of these film/acting degrees. Sigh, with all these pulling strings going on, i wonder whether the quality of professions are still there. I might just get killed one day due to the incorrect prescription by an unqualified doctor who paid his way through a medical degree

Im glad that she got into Beijing Film thr sheer hard work and will probably graduate using the same "unfortunate" method. But at least we're guarenteed quality performances BTW, she's finishing her first yr and will most probably major in acting. Beijin Film is the most prestigeous film school in China. Well-known media personalities such as directors Zhang Yimou, Chen Kaige, Wang Xiao Shuai..as well as actors such as Zhou Xun, Zhao Wei, Xu Jinglei, Chen Shasha etc. all graduated frm there and have lived up to the name their degrees boast so far..Not sure abt the future since Beijing Film is not "stupid" and is opening doors to hyped ppl and allowing them to graduate w/o fulfiling certain criterias. Maybe because the board lacks $$
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 07-16-06 at 03:27 PM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

I jst hope her studyings won't get too hyped.. they always end up as bad new somehow. I don't want her be compared to a certain someone
    i know what you mean. but ym has been consistent in emphasizing her studies, no? it's not like it became a priority all of a sudden. but i agree...i don't want her studyings to be hyped up. there's really no comparison...yang mi worked hard and got through life without connections...unless there's something i don't know about her.

I am still suprised that someone graduated before the age of 18 How did this happen?

i know what you mean. but ym has been consistent in emphasizing her studies, no? it's not like it became a priority all of a sudden.
    Yes i think so. I first got to know abt her due to ROCH and i remember one of the first news i read abt her was her being overjoyed on the ROCH set when her parents visited her to tell her tt she had topped her class in the college entrance exams.

Wise Fool

Pity the poor audiences who think they're going to recieve decent performances onscreen due to the "credibility" of these film/acting degrees. Sigh, with all these pulling strings going on, i wonder whether the quality of professions are still there. I might just get killed one day due to the incorrect prescription by an unqualified doctor who paid his way through a medical degree
    some fans can't appreciate real acting and accept anything on screen. maybe it's best to be like these fans and not be particular about talent...that way, you can enjoy everything and have no real opinion.

Im glad that she got into Beijing Film thr sheer hard work and will probably graduate using the same "unfortunate" method. But at least we're guarenteed quality performances BTW, she's finishing her first yr and will most probably major in acting. Beijin Film is the most prestigeous film school in China. Well-known media personalities such as directors Zhang Yimou, Chen Kaige, Wang Xiao Shuai..as well as actors such as Zhou Xun, Zhao Wei, Xu Jinglei, Chen Shasha etc. all graduated frm there and have lived up to the name their degrees boast so far..Not sure abt the future since Beijing Film is not "stupid" and is opening doors to hyped ppl and allowing to graduate fulfiling certain criterias.
    it's a very superfical world we live in. we should be glad that there are artists who take the honest route (but i wonder if ym would still take this route if she had connections...scary to think about it) and provide the more particular audience satisfaction with solid acting (well,...she still has some fine tuning to do but she's making it obvious that she's trying to improve). here's wishing her the best and may all her hard work pay off in the end.

I am still suprised that someone graduated before the age of 18 How did this happen?
    different country, different educational system.

She supposedly entered Beijing Film at the age of 15, right after she returned frm the states and ppl were actually boasting abt how she is the youngest ever student to enter the academy. How she managed to do so tt easily when she was studying abroad before tt still remains a mystery to me. Did she sit for the proper college exams and the academy entrance exams..i dunno. Maybe they give priority to ppl who studied in the states..i should do that too *innocent look*

different country, different educational system.
    Nah. Just different personnels and different priorities. Some people place $$ and relations above capabilities as the prerequisite for certain students
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 07-16-06 at 03:30 PM.

Wise Fool

She supposedly entered Beijing Film at the age of 15, right after she returned frm the states and ppl were actually boasting abt how she is the youngest ever student to enter the academy. How she managed to do so tt easily when she was studying abroad before tt still remains a mystery to me. Did she sit for the proper college exams and the academy entrance exams..i dunno. Maybe they give priority to ppl who studied in the states..i should do that too *innocent look*
    can she speak english fluently?

i like her priorities...no wonder she's my #1 among her generation. pity that she isn't more popular now...hope her series release will change that. and i want her for the role of zm all the way although i would prefer it if she was hr.

I really respect Yang Mi's decision...Yang Mi does have it pretty tough, balancing acting work with her schoolwork. I really do hope it pays off in the end, and YM becomes a successful actress. It'd definitely be well-deserved. YM shows a lot of passion about acting. All that weight loss shows her dedication. And so far, she seems to be doing things the honest way, using her abilities rather than her connections.

And yes, it does make you wonder about Liu Yifei, and how she seemingly had such an easy time - whether it be getting into the academy or her work there. I'd be really surprised if LYF didn't have some strong connections. Even if you ignore her acting skills, how did she manage to graduate HS in the US at age 15 when her English is...worse than the average HS senior? And LYF's roles just came to her - all she ever played was second female lead ONCE, and then all she did was lead roles. It might have been a miracle, but the industry isn't that easy unless you have money and connections. And after filming ROCH, she said in interviews that she probably wouldn't do as many series in the future because it was too tiring - sure, I know making series is tiring and you don't get much sleep, but you chose to pursue acting, and well, that's the acting life. Get used to it. I'm not going to go on criticizing LYF, and I won't say I hate her, but regardless of how well (or poorly) she acts, her prize was not as well-deserved, and I do not respect her as an actress.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky
    I really respect Yang Mi's decision...Yang Mi does have it pretty tough, balancing acting work with her schoolwork. I really do hope it pays off in the end, and YM becomes a successful actress. It'd definitely be well-deserved. YM shows a lot of passion about acting. All that weight loss shows her dedication. And so far, she seems to be doing things the honest way, using her abilities rather than her connections.

And yes, it does make you wonder about Liu Yifei, and how she seemingly had such an easy time - whether it be getting into the academy or her work there. I'd be really surprised if LYF didn't have some strong connections. Even if you ignore her acting skills, how did she manage to graduate HS in the US at age 15 when her English is...worse than the average HS senior? And LYF's roles just came to her - all she ever played was second female lead ONCE, and then all she did was lead roles. It might have been a miracle, but the industry isn't that easy unless you have money and connections. And after filming ROCH, she said in interviews that she probably wouldn't do as many series in the future because it was too tiring - sure, I know making series is tiring and you don't get much sleep, but you chose to pursue acting, and well, that's the acting life. Get used to it. I'm not going to go on criticizing LYF, and I won't say I hate her, but regardless of how well (or poorly) she acts, her prize was not as well-deserved, and I do not respect her as an actress.
    dont know where you're getting your infos. give me a source where the site stated that she graduated from US high school.

praised ym so much but yet no one here knows the truth about her. ym is an actress so she probably receive the same special treatment. well, we usually put down other actress and praise the one we like. it's normal.
    Last edited by crazylife123; 07-16-06 at 07:01 PM.