Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Central Affairs (Michelle Ye, Patrick Tse, Raymond Wong, Gilbert Lam... etc)

Wow! I can see why Season and Johnny are a perfect match. They seem like nice people but when they're cross, beware of their wrath because it comes silently and unexpectedly.

When Charles flew to Beijing to see Selina again and slept with her, Season took time off and stayed home depressed, she really does not take men betraying her well. I guess it comes from seeing her mom having to raise her alone and so this streak of evil kind of sparks from there. She just left an earring of hers in Charles' car knowing Selina might find it while telling Charles that its best not to tell Selina about her and him. Very sly.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Default Spoilers! Spoilers! Spoilers!

Quote Originally Posted by Babygurl
    who did u guys think Season loved most? i personally think it's Johnny since they were kinda on the same boat w/ the getting picked on & rising to power thing.

i think Season just felt guilty that she used Charles so in the end begged for his forgiveness? but then again i didn't see the ending where she almost jumped so idk how much she really cared for Charles. but 2nd time they slept together was after Season saw Rachel at the baby clothing store. she was sad & drunk. i didn't think her "i love u" to Charles was all that sincere.
    Season loved Johnny most. Season's relationship with men is pretty much affected by how her parents' relationship turned out. Johnny represents the type of man that is like her father, who does anything to rise above (ambitious) so even if she loves him, she really doesn't want to follow her mother's footsteps. Charles is the only 99.9% honest and good guy in the story minus 1% of lying to Season about meeting Selina and getting back with Selina at that time. So of course, Season feel guity that she betrayed Charles, its like Charles is the only happy romance that's not tainted by things like the romance between her and Johnny. So when Charles went away, she regrets throwing away a good relationship with him and a happier future with him.

Despite what goes on between Johnny and Season, she stills loves him the most, its just circumstances in life doesn't allow them to truly be together without plotting and calculating against each other. Johnny does truly love Season that he fell for Season's trap. I believe for a long time Johnny was waiting for Season to come back to him and marry him thats why Season's "act" was so convincing, his heart always melt for Season and Rachel was just a pawn in his plan for power. Even when Johnny revealed Season's identity as Mr. Cheng's illegitimate daughter, it was to hurt her father, not really to hurt Season at all.

Johnny and Season always had a connection, like when Rachel's mom died and Season went to the hospital to visit her father, Johnny held Rachel back and as Season left, Johnny and Season exchanged a look without words, because they understood each other most, and thats probably the connection that she and Charles lacked. Its true, what Season said to Charles, Johnny and her are the same type of person.

When Season saw Rachel having a baby and buying clothes at the baby store, she was sad because thats the life with Johnny she wished she had but lost. Things just didn't work out happily and innocent between her and Johnny. So Season came to Charles, drunk and numbed her pain by sleeping with him. I don't think she loved Charles as much as she loved Johnny. Chris and Charles were just safe guys that Season used to numb the pain and replacements for a love relationship that she can't allow herself to have with Johnny. Season knows clearly the type of person Johnny is because ironically, she's just the same.

Anyway, Central Affairs I reminds me so much like a Shakespearian Tragedy. No happy ending or well completely happy ending for the main players of the story. No matter what she did, and the things Season had to do in her life, the path she chose to go on, just didn't allow her to have a normal love life, I mean she wanted a happy and beautiful relationship like Bobby and Wei had where theres a happy ending but too bad the path she chose or was forced to choose just doesn't allow her to have a happy ending.

another note....I think Johnny and Season got their just desserts at the end. Johnny got paralyzed and lives on to pay for his actions and murders and Season can't get a happy ending with a man she loves because of her lies and betrayal. Just like the saying "You sow what you reap". But I'm glad Season's relationship with her father is well. I'm glad she didn't jump and Patrick Tse's character is finally were he should be as a real father for Season.

Overall this is a good series 4/5.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 01-05-07 at 07:45 PM.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Unhappy Argh!!! It totally not worth it!

Argh!

That totally destroys Gilbert Image....
    I'm Sad... So Sad....

I wish it wasn't Michelle! I wish it was...

I just never thought that he will film that sort of dramas...
    Gilbert!!! Man what will his wife have to say about this... No!!!

Anyways once i love someone i wont change... Well Gilbert, i still love you.. you still my fav actor no matter what...

OMG Why post the screenshot here....
    It totally destroys my image for him...
    Whats done is done...

Im pissed of now!
    But i still love him...

Argh!!!!

I always want to see Central Affairs because his hot in there... But maybe not anymore, because im pissed of just by seeing the screen shots...

(Someone give me a pillow.... I want to cry!)
    Last edited by KikoTsukino; 03-19-08 at 06:45 AM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by KikoTsukino View Post
    Argh!

I'm Sad... So Sad....

Anyways once i love someone i wont change... Well Gilbert, i still love you.. you still my fav actor no matter what...

Whats done is done...

Im pissed of now!
    But i still love him...

Argh!!!!

I always want to see Central Affairs because his hot in there... But maybe not anymore, because im pissed of just by seeing the screen shots...

Wow, Kiko, you sound like you're even more attached to Gilbert Lam than I am. And I thought I was his die-hard fan. Wow. But that just means more love for Gilbert Lam.

Anyway, I haven't seen Central Affairs. I was actually thinking of watching it, but it sounded like Gilbert picked a bad character to play according to everyone's opinion in here. So I think I'll just pass on this drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Wow, Kiko, you sound like you're even more attached to Gilbert Lam than I am. And I thought I was his die-hard fan. Wow. But that just means more love for Gilbert Lam.

Anyway, I haven't seen Central Affairs. I was actually thinking of watching it, but it sounded like Gilbert picked a bad character to play according to everyone's opinion in here. So I think I'll just pass on this drama.

Actually, people have different perspectives upon things.

The storyline is more for mature audience and understanding or whatever position in life. If you're used to watching happy endings, then this series is not for you. If you're used to having couples get together and have a romantic love like it is traditionally then this series is not for you.

I know this series took things in different directions and I personally appreciate it for its difference and overall value.

Michelle's character and everyone else in the series were given choices and they made the choices that they thought was right and end up having to deal with the consequences. That's how life is.

I wouldn't say Gilbert chose a bad character to play. Each role serves its purpose and I believe Gilbert knew what kind of role and storyline this series had. There's nothing bad about playing a different role. Although, I might not like his character completely, I still find some value in his role.

I'm currently watching this show right now. I'm on episode 23 & I don't want to read all the comments.

Can anyone tell me if Johnny got caught & if he went to jail?

I really enjoyed Central Affairs -- great acting, great storyline and characters that you truly care for.

On a shallow end of the spectrum, I watched it mostly because Gilbert Lam is in it I really liked his Charles character, even with all of his flaws. He was a good, kind and decent man....not perfect.....but if Season hadn't lied, he would've been a good husband to her.

Gilbert is as handsome as ever in his role (does this man EVER age?) and I envy Michelle for having so many kissing scenes with him!

This series is really a good one.
    I really hope Season and Charles would be together at last. However, it didn't happen.
    All of the main actress and the actors acted very well, along with the good storyline, make Central Affairs one of the best ATV modern series I've ever seen.
    However, I dont like the CA II at all. The first reason is that Gilbert Lam is not in it. And the second is that the story doesn't work well like the first.
    LAU HOU NAM & YEUNG PAI FUNG
    劉皓南 楊排風
    The eternal love
    ( - The Heroine of the Yangs - ATV -1998
    穆桂英大破天門陣 )

Junior Member love_SamChan_ElaineYiu's Avatar

OOOOMMMGGGGG, I love Gilbert, he's always my best actors ever in my mind, but actually I m not a fan of Michelle Yip, so do not like my bro paired up with her either . Maybe, ATV was given out the most romantically well-matched couple Gilbert Lam (Ye Lut Honam) - Annie Man (Yang Pai Fung), so could not see my bro well-matched with any HK actress even she's Miss HK .

Feeling so dizzy when bro has so many kissing and bed scenes with Mich, my godness !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would wish those could apply to sis Annie .. Starting missing my YeLutHonam

Quote Originally Posted by KikoTsukino
    Argh!

I'm Sad... So Sad....

Whats done is done...

Im pissed of now!
    But i still love him...

Argh!!!!

No offense, but Gilbert and Michelle look bad together. Not that they are ugly people but they don't have much chemistry when together on screen, kissing or doing whatever. Their acting are at different frequencies and I didn't feel a thing when they had that long kissing scene (prob a little disgust ). I was so happy when they broke up and the ending in the corridor when he dumped her ... HAHAHAHA!!!

I think Michelle improved in "Central Affairs I", but there was a lot of yelling and overacting. Season was a hugely flawed character who was hugely insecure and selfish. I never really thought she loved Charles in the way she loved Johnny. To Selina, Charles was more of a replacement for Johnny or a weapon of revenge against Selina. She was hurt when Charles cheated on her in Beijing but it was more a dignity thing more than love. I felt she was more sad when Johnny married Rachel. I still think she loves herself more than she loves Johnny. Charles was always a safety house for her to go back to when she felt like it.

As for Charles, I don't think Season was the right type of woman for him either. He was so attached to Selina at first even when dating Season. In a way, he couldn't let go of his emotions towards Selina is both a flaw and a merit at the same time. It means he is very serious in his relationships but he is a jerk to start a new relationship before cutting off ties with the previous one. Other than that, Charles is a perfect man. I can't see what we should accept hugely flawed characters like Season and Johnny yet hate Charles who was almost perfect spouse, save that one fatal flaw (though many women will want to kill him for that flaw when Season and Johnny have done worse).

Do I like Charles? Not really (double-timer) but he is the most real person to me out of the lot. Season and Johnny are too extreme in character and , even if in a corporate war. Charles shows the dark side of a human (the cover-ups, the lies, etc) yet the reluctance due to principles/morals. Did Gilbert choose a wrong role to play? Nope. He has a few years of low popularity in TVB and he needed a good series to help him. "Central Affairs I" had all the publicity and whatever role he chose, it would have helped him. Anyone else who dared to played Charles may have failed miserably but I felt Gilbert did a good job. Charles was a more subtle and deeper character to play compared to the more colourful Johnny and dominating Season's dad and innocent Chris. It is not easy to play Charles. (BTW, Gilbert had just divorced when he took this role and started with that Coffee ) A role is just a job for an artiste. Gilbert has always been a versatile actor and Charles shouldn't really give him a bad image.

I don't know, Mum feels Charles is heartless to leave Season in the end as she did it for revenge or to save her family, but I feel more lenient towards him. Her obsession (Season's, not my mum) towards Johnny never ended no mattter how many time she said she loved Charles. Both Charles's attachment to Selina and Season's attachment to Johnny are forms of betrayal. It's got nothing to do with the revenge plot. I admire Charles's rationality when he pulled Season away from him and walked away. It shows growth as he is finally able to let go of a deep-rooted relationship (two relationships BTW, friends with Selina and break-off with Season) whereas it was his fatal flaw before. They are two different types of people, they don't belong together even though it hurts heaps to break apart, it is for the best. Season needs a partner with more leadership qualities (i.e. Johnny, they are perfect for each other) and Charles needs someone more innocent (pls meet someone that looks like Annie on a plane). The two are bad for each other.

Talk about being mad about Gilbert pairings, "Greed Mask" nearly killed me. Made me so sad! Gosh! Gilbert as Annie's dad!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly