Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Central Affairs (Michelle Ye, Patrick Tse, Raymond Wong, Gilbert Lam... etc)

I must agree with SS, i think the girl reminds of of chloe....

can some give me a sypnosis what this is about? I mean. i am not sure if i should rent this,granted it is on youtube... I saw some episodes... i think Michelle looks nice,more mature than her other TVB series.

I just know that Raymond wong killed the brother
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Ah I think I know why Patrick Tse wear sunglasses all the time in this series. At first I thought he must be crazy or just want to look cool. But I have a theory that he wears the sunglasses all the time to hide his true ulterior motives and his true self. Notice he wears it everywhere not allowing people to see his eyes (=his true self) and he's full of lies. Even when he's in bed with Pinky, he wears his sunglasses, because he's not completely honest with her, he only sees her as a woman that fulfills his needs and lusts and he's just waiting for someone better than her to replace her at work. He's quite tired of her but he doesn't mind going to bed with her.

I mean in a job interview, you never wear sunglasses to meet your future employer because it means you're hiding something and it just gives a bad impression. So thats why I have that theory. I think if he ever takes off his sunglasses, that scene must be pivotal and of some importance. But we'll all just have to wait and see.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

has anyone know that Central Affair 2 is coming out already
    i haven't watch it yet but alot of people said this part is good
    i also wanna watch too but i dunno is it out in Australia
    cause i really wanna watch it can't wait to see michelle again
    Love:~Raymond Lam~Ruco Chan~Sam Wang ~Luo Jin~
    Admire:~Michelle Ye~Jessica Hsuan~Linda Chung~
    Bands:~5566~183 Club~Twins ~
    Watching:~Scheme of a beauty~The Fixer~

I usually hardly ever watch ATV series but I do want to see Michelle's acting in this ont, and the plot looks pretty interesting.
    I'm watching: War & Destiny, Yummy Yummy

Want to watch: The Conquest, ASITP & EH (again)

Recently watched: LOCH'82, Strike at Heart, Central Affairs, The Academy

Default CA is pretty good

I usually don't watch any type of modern series or much of ATV series, but i tried watching CA because I wanted to see Michelle and the cast memebers seem very promising along with an interesting plot. I think this series is pretty good after watching it. Michelle, Pinky, and Mich's half-sister are very pretty. Mich's acting in here has improved and i am looking forward to CA II. Pinky and Mich are sisters in part 2 and Mich is going to revenge Pinky. Patrick looks funny in casual/punk clothing.
    Favorite Actress: Michelle Ye, Vicki Zhao, Allysia Chia, Jang Nara, Maggie Cheung, Noel Leung

Favorite Actors: Alec Su, Louis Koo, Benny Chan, Raymond Lam

for sum1 who started the post i don't seem to answer much...LOL

well i finally watch a bit of the film. up to episode 10 only.

wat can i say? hm...

interesting film, it should be more interesting when Johnny turns evil, and when the balance in power shifts from Pinky to Michelle.

as for Patrick and his sunnies, i don't know if there is a meaning behind it but i always took it for he wanted to hide his wrinkles. but now i admit it does make sense, since in the themevideo...we only see one scene where he don't have his sunnies on, when Season hugged him while he was all depressed.

i haven't even finish one and two is already out...bummer.

so she ends up alone huh? well i saw that coming a mile away. since Chris is a big no no, being half siblings and all. Johnny is the evil guy...so good must triump sort of thing...and Gilbert...well i thought he was too good to be true and when the 'fighting' really begins he's not going to be a lot of help.

as for acting, i thought michelle looked really awkard doing the first few episodes when she was still the sweet and nice girl, but when she held her conviction and decided to not be the girl she was good. Michelle like Flora Chan really fits with the strong woman image.

Pinky was a suprise...she i hated her character so much for being the 'person she is'. a great job by Pinky.

Raymond...good to look at...but he really hasn't stand out yet, can't wait to see his 'game' face.

Gilbert is the model nice guy. Nothing special but nothing bad.

Patrick...annoys the hell out of me. but he was always in character and did show some emotions towards his children.

the rest of the cast pretty much annoys me...its either bad acting or just average. i had hope they would get some really good ppl to act. your only as strong as your weakest link. same goes for films.

I like Raymond Wong and I've seen him in Venture Against Time and this Central Affairs 1 and a movie called Irresistable Piggies with Stephen Fung, Jordan Chan, Karen Mok, Michelle Reis, and two other girls. His character in that movie is so cute....he'd turn red like a tomato when he sees Michelle Reis.

I haven't seen a role I really like by Raymond. I wonder if that other series with Raymond is good. Its the sequel to Dream something? With models or Miss HK or some type of beauty pagent.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

the films u named i've seen all...and a bit more.

i believe ur talking about the film with Monica Chan and it talks abotu the beauty pageant.

i didn't much like it. i liked No. 1 with Loletta Lee...loved her character. i haven't seen two. so don't know.

problem with Raymond is tat he hasn't have a role where he really stood out. his characters are kind of bland...nothing special. either tat or his acting isn't up to par to shine yet.

Can someone help me with this? It's been bothering me for a while and I still get it figured out. I'm so sure that I've seen Raymond act in 'Light of a Million Hopes' (that's the name of the series, right?) before, but I can't remember what role he played. Unless I'm wrong.:P

look at this video.. I wonder if this was when she got stabbed

http://youtube.com/watch?search=%E8%...&v=DbSTzxkHslg
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by joaniemaloney
    Can someone help me with this? It's been bothering me for a while and I still get it figured out. I'm so sure that I've seen Raymond act in 'Light of a Million Hopes' (that's the name of the series, right?) before, but I can't remember what role he played. Unless I'm wrong.:P
    Maybe you've mistaken Remus Kam for Raymond Wong. I don't remember Raymond in that series.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 06-30-06 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    look at this video.. I wonder if this was when she got stabbed

http://youtube.com/watch?search=%E8%...&v=DbSTzxkHslg
    ow...tat looked painful...i'll be crying if i was her...arg...the blood.

I can't watch that video... It says i have to be over 18. Is that when she stabbed herself or just the scene she was in?
    Crushes only crush you,
    Falling only hurts you,
    Hearts will only break you,
    If there is no love to save you.

when she stabbed herself. how come u can't get in? i got in fine...ofcourse i'm 21.

I think it's too violent for people under 18. Oh wells.
    Crushes only crush you,
    Falling only hurts you,
    Hearts will only break you,
    If there is no love to save you.

I finally got the series and watched it. I thought Michelle's acting definitely improved, some of her crying scenes were really great. One memorable scene was when she was crying to Patrick (the scene shown in the theme video). I thought Raymond was all right, he wasn't too convincing at times. Pinky really amazed me - she managed to get me to change my viewpoint on her, I felt sorry for her in the end.

I thought Season & Chris had the most chemistry onscreen. It's really unfortunate the plot had to turn out the way it did. I enjoyed the little montage of them dating a lot.

The local tv's just started on the series... but it's gotten to the part when Season slept with Johnny. I thought Johnny took advantage of Season at that scene.

I don't really like his character, seeing how he gave Season away to Chris so easily, even helping him to court Season! And now he even took advantage of Season. :\

So Johnny's turning evil later. Hmm. Not too surprising but it will be sad. It's horrifying what Johnny's going to do later in the story.

Season's ending is quite sad. Did she remain in MIG and what happened to her half-sister?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

bad ending to this...by the end i thought Season should have died with Johnny...it would have been more memorable if she did.

i thought the part where she slept with Johnny at the start was his fault too...the girl was drunk...a nice guy would have put her to bed and leave her alone. not sleep with her.

but i do like the fact that by the end he still loved her. Charles annoyed me so badly, such a of wimp of a man, no determination and no brains and no loyalty to love either.

the person i felt most sorry for was her half sister...by the end the girl loses everything and no body seems to care that she's out there in the world by herself with no family and no husband. i understand why she hates season so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    bad ending to this...by the end i thought Season should have died with Johnny...it would have been more memorable if she did.

i thought the part where she slept with Johnny at the start was his fault too...the girl was drunk...a nice guy would have put her to bed and leave her alone. not sleep with her.

but i do like the fact that by the end he still loved her. Charles annoyed me so badly, such a of wimp of a man, no determination and no brains and no loyalty to love either.

the person i felt most sorry for was her half sister...by the end the girl loses everything and no body seems to care that she's out there in the world by herself with no family and no husband. i understand why she hates season so much.
    I agree. It felt a bit unsatisfying - I honestly thought she would die in the end. I didn't like Charles' character either. And yes, I felt so bad for the half sister because she used to be so happy. One of the saddest scenes was when she was looking at her family photograph: her parents & her brother & herself, all happy together, and in the end she doesn't get anything.

Guo Xiang: Season stays in MIG, and her half sister decides to leave and go someplace where no one can find them, and then raise her baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Maybe you've mistaken Remus Kam for Raymond Wong. I don't remember Raymond in that series.
    Thanks, haha. Sometimes I get actors confused and it takes me a while to straighten them out. I guess it's not in that series, but I really have seen him before.:P