Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Jiu Yue Ying Fei (Flying Eagles in the Ninth Month)

what an excruciating point at which to stop the translation........ great going!!

Ye Kai’s face was drained of all blood, he was so startled looking at her.

Each one of them were looking at her with astonishment. Anybody, even in his dream, would not think she was capable of committing this act of betrayal to Ye Kai.

Ding LingLin was actually laughing like crazy, jumping up immediately and suddenly fled.

Ye Kai had one hand to suppress the wound on chest wound. He wanted to pursue, but instead he had dropped down, and said with a trembling voice, "Pursue... Pursue her to get her back."

Without waiting for him to say that, Guo Ding had pursued her.

Ye Kai wanted to walk and have a look at where they were going, but the leg had become soft, and suddenly the world turned into darkness. The darkness of despair.

The last thing he saw was Cui YuZhen’s eyes that were filled with alarm and fear and kindness.
    The last thing he heard was the sound of his head hitting the table.

At the crack of dawn.
    The sky was gloomy, the people were all also sleeping peacefully.

Ding LingLin was like an antelope, jumping from one ridge to the other while emitting the sound of the crazy laughter.

"I have killed Ye Kai, I have killed Ye Kai... "

She unexpectedly seemed to think that this was an extremely happy occasion.

"She must be insane."

Guo Ding displayed his own levitation skill, but only after pursuing her for a while that he could overtake her.

"Miss Ding, please come back with me."

Ding LingLin stared at him, completely not recognizing him, suddenly her knife slid forward towards him.

There was blood on the knife, Ye Kai’s blood.

Guo Ding bit his lips, evading to his backhand side and seized her knife. But before he seized her knife, his other hand had moved like lightning at her left neck. Ding LingLin's eyes suddenly straightened and her body dropped down immediately.

There was nobody in four directions, the ridge was glowing like silver.

Ding LingLin's call had unexpectedly not alarmed Priest Yu Xiao.

Guo Ding carried Ding LingLin quickly as he was anxious to be back and have a look at the condition of Ye Kai’s wound. He could not care too much about male female inhibition.

But there was nobody in that room ... nobody that lived anyway.

The deeply-sleeping Han Zhen had been nailed tight on the bed by a long sword.
    There was congealed bloodstains, Ye Kai’s blood.

There was also bloodstain on the table, also Ye Kai’s blood.

But Ye Kai had disappeared, Cui YuZhen had also disappeared.

Whose long sword was it? Who committed this act of betrayal? Why did they have to kill a half-dead person for this act of betrayal?

Which way had Ye Kai gone to? Had Cui YuZhen brought him back to Yu Xiao Taoist?
    In any event, he was likely to be more unfortunate rather than fortunate.

Woah. that was not really expected. Although I expect to face the unexpected with Gu Long

Well, there's always hope for the good guy, right?

The room was very small, but it was actually very neat and clean.

There was a locked small wooden cabinet in it. Beside it, was hanging a bronze mirror for adorning oneself.

The cold wind blew against the window paper creating a rustle sound. There was a hanging ornament on the door, and there was an intermittent medicinal fragrant odor coming from the door.

Ye Kai certainly had not died.

He was awake, when he woke up, he found himself in such a place.

Only then he discovered himself totally naked lying down on the bed, covered with three very thick cotton-wadded quilts.

His chest wound had been wrapped up by someone with a plain white cloth, and it was wrapped up very well.

Who wrapped it up for him?
    Actually where was that place?

He wanted to sit, but the chest felt as if there was a knife in it. As soon as he moved, the whole body felt hurt as if it was being torn apart.

He wanted to shout out, but by now the curtain had been raised, a person carrying the medicine bowl slowly walked in.

Cui YuZhen.

She had taken off her Taoist robe, instead she wore a set of black women's clothing. Her beautiful eyebrows looked tired, there was no powder on her face, the whole look was of deep concern. Seeing Ye Kai awake, her eyebrows became clear.

"How did I get here?"
    When Ye Kai asked this, he immediately realized this was just a useless question, certainly Cui YuZhen had rescued him and brought him here.

Cui YuZhen had walked closer, gently putting the medicine bowl at the side of the bed.
    Each of her movement looked very gentle, completely different from that alluring swaying limbs that moved from side to side following the reed sound.

Ye Kai looked at her, suddenly he felt safe, his heart had concluded this for him.
    But he actually could not stop himself from asking, "What place is this?"

Cui YuZhen hung her head, gently blowing the medicine. Only after a very long time she replied, “Someone’s home."

"Whose family?"

“A businessman selling tea."

Ye Kai said, "You know him?"

Cui YuZhen had not really replied, instead she gently said, "You receive a very heavy wound. I feared Priest Yu Xiao would look for you, so I had to get you away quickly."

She was a very careful woman, she thought of consequences very thoroughly.

If Ye Kai had stayed in that room, perhaps he would also have been already nailed tight by a long sword on the bed.

Cui YuZhen also said, "But this is my first time to Chang An city, so I did not know anyone. When the day started, I really did not know where I should take you."

Ye Kai said, "Therefore you rush in to this place?"

Cui YuZhen reasoned, "This is a very ordinary small family’s house, absolutely nobody will suspect of you being here."

Ye Kai said, "You do not know the master here?"

Cui YuZhen had to acknowledge, "I do not know him."
    She had said that she did not know anyone in Chang An city.

Ye Kai said, "Now where are they?"

Cui Yu Zhen killed them?

davidY, you're right of course.

Overall, I like Cui YuZhen's story. She has more guts than, say Ma FangLing in BCLZ. I don't want to spoil it further.

Cui YuZhen hesitated, after a very long time, only then she gently said, "They have been killed by me."

She hung her head and did not dare to look at Ye Kai, she feared that Ye Kai would scold her.

But Ye Kai did not even said one word.
    He was certainly not an overly virtuous gentleman, he knew that if not for Cui YuZhen, he might have died easily under someone’s hand.

There were really many people who wanted to kill him in Chang An city.
    A woman braved the danger to rescue him, also wholeheartedly looked after him for his safety, instead of trying to kill him.
    Did you expect him to be cruel enough to blame her, or even saying rebuke for her?

Cui YuZhen said, "When I rushed into this place, there were two people sleeping on the bed, I originally thought that they were husbands and wives."

Ye Kai finally could not bear asking, "Aren't they?"

Cui YuZhen shook her head and said, "That female was over 30 years old, the male was actually at most only 17-18 years old. I forced them to talk before the youth told the truth. The original husband was buying tea at a far place, the wife had enticed the apprentice which did some odd jobs for the family.

Cui YuZhen’s face seemed to blush as she continued, "These two people had betrayed her husband, betrayed his own master, only then I dared to kill them, I... I only hoped you do not think I am a cruel and merciless woman."

Ye Kai looked at her, his heart was suddenly overwhelmed.

She had done these matters for him, had braved such big danger for him, but she did not expect him to feel grateful, did not expect him to repay the debt.

Her only hope was unexpectedly the hope that he would not take her lightly.
    His consideration was unexpectedly so important to her.

Ye Kai could not bear to sigh, "I also hope you understand something."

"What is it?"

Ye Kai said, "If some people thought you did not do the right thing or thought that you were a cruel and merciless woman, that person would certainly be a hypocrite, a big bastard."

He was smiling and continued, "I hope you believe than I am not this kind of bastard."

Cui YuZhen had really smiled, she smiled as if the cold winter had already passed by, and spring had arrived.

“Are you ready for the medicine?"

She helped Ye Kai up, like a mother taking care of her child, she was feeding this bowl of medicine to his mouth.

"This is a medicine which I made, I do not dare to look for a doctor as I fear other people can find out your whereabouts from the doctor’s mouth."

She was really an extremely careful woman, she thought of the consequences very thoroughly.

Ye Kai looked at her, his heart was filled with warm and gratitude. He smiled, "When I met you, it was really fortunate. It seems that anything is possible for you to obtain."

Cui YuZhen hesitated before suddenly saying, "I cannot actually think through why she tried to kill you?"

Ye Kai’s smiling face had lost its brightness.

Cui YuZhen said, "I know I really should not mention this matter, but I really cannot think through. You went through all the consequences to rescue her, why must she commit this act of betrayal to you?"

Ye Kai had actually smiled, "I thought... She certainly had her reason."

"What reason?"

"In jiang-hu there are many possible reasons for something bad. I do not necessarily know the exact reason."

"Your do not blame her at all?"

Ye Kai shook his head and said, "She did such thing certainly was compelled by an evil plan that could confuse someone’s mind and purpose. After regaining her consciousness, she certainly will feel even more hurt than I do, how can I still blame her?"

His voice was filled with concern.

The person’s knife had nearly killed him, but he was actually considering that person’s feeling after regaining consciousness. As for his pain, he did not really care about it at all.

Cui YuZhen looked at him, her beautiful eyes suddenly started to shed teardrops quickly.

"Are you crying? Why are you suddenly sad?"

Cui YuZhen had slowly wiped the tear drops, she reluctantly said with a smile, "I am certainly not sad, I was only thinking that if one day, someone will do the same for me, thinking about me everytime, everywhere, then I..."

She had not finished her words, her tears had flowed off again because she knew that she would never meet such a person. Because she knew that although this person now was in her embrace, but his heart actually belonged to someone else. Moreover he could very well leave her in a very short time.

She certainly did not envy her, nor feeling painful about it. She only felt the kind of sadness which could not be spoken.

She was already a mature woman, but all of her life had always been very lonely.
    Lonely, how fearful was loneliness...

The ice-cold teardrops, drop by drop fell on Ye Kai’s clothes.
    But it started to burn on Ye Kai’s heart, sending the heat of the pain it originated.

He was certainly not someone whose heart was made of stone, nor of wood.
    But what could he do?

Dear fastclock, maaarvelloous translations.
    Long time ago, I've read this story in Indonesian translation. Reading now again, keep all the good old time enjoying Gu Long's work; come back again. Too late, I've just discoverd this forum today, better catch up.

A thousand "merci".

But is she trying to trick YK?

The room gradually became darker, dusk had silently became closer.
    Dusk was always beautiful, beautiful time for people to meet the loved ones.

Earlier, Cui YuZhen had boiled some rice mixed with grease and ate a bowl with some sauce. But actually for Ye Kai, she made a pot of thin rice gruel.

She blushingly said, "I originally wanted to buy some ginseng to make soup... "

But she did not have any money. Ye Kai also did not have any. He suddenly noted her jade hairpin had disappeared in the background.

"I originally wanted to open that cabinet inside, to see whether it had some money, but I did not dare to do it."

She really had the natural disposition of a very good girl, moreover she was truly a gentle girl.

Ye Kai had slowly sipped the gruel, his heart was suddenly overwhelmed.

If he were only a small businessman who had some small business transactions. If they were truly husbands and wives. If they had not suffered all these past events, wouldn’t they actually be more happy?

But presently... If he could still abandon everything, if she were also willing to accompany him, if...

Ye Kai wanted to lay low forever, but he could not wish for it. The tranquil life might call him, providing an irresistible enticement to him. But how could such a person like him have those kind of days? How many people that were born in this world could also have their own wish, who could choose their own life style?

Dimness of the night gradually became deeper.

They had not spoken at all, wholeheartedly enjoying this moment of tranquility, because they knew this that kind of day would end very quickly.

Ye Kai were not willing to think of anything. Only he felt his eyelids gradually becoming very heavy. He had shed a lot of blood, he had thought a lot, and he felt his body grown very cold.

In this dim place, he felt himself gradually sinking to an icehouse, his whole body felt cold and trembling, even the lips were so cold that it turned into blue. But how could that happened? After all those cotton-wadded quilts that served as cover for him?

His complexion became more and more fearful, shaking like a piece leaf in the cold wind. What method could be done to make him warm?

As long as he could stay warm, she was willing to do anything within her means. Suddenly, her face became red. She had thought of a method, the most primitive way to warm up someone.

Ye Kai no longer trembled, his face also gradually became reddish again. Only then he discovered that there was a totally naked person resting near his body, making an effort to cuddle him. Her body was smooth and soft, but also hot like a collection of fire.

Ye Kai let his eyes look at her. Her face was also as if being burned. If there were someone else, she would shrink herself inside of anything.

What was the taste of happiness for Ye Kai?

There was no words of gratitude that could describe his emotion at the moment. While no words could describe what happened, he also could feel her body gently trembling. But that was certainly not because of the cold...

Last edited by fastclock; 05-01-06 at 10:11 AM.

Well, I don't like an update that doesn't end in tension (unless you call body to body heating issue as a tension stuff ), so I'll finish chapter 13 with some more tension coming your way....

Darkness reigned outside the window.

The cold wind howled in the dark, but the dark and cold had seemed to move very, very far away from them.

They had suddenly completely belonged to their own world. This world was filled with happiness and tranquility. But it was only a pity that this kind of happiness was like a mirage. Although it was beautiful, it was also actually unreal. Like the blossom of a wild flower, although it was beautiful, it was only for a very short time.

Suddenly, the door was opened, a person rushed in.

They never expected anyone.
    The lamp had not been extinguished.

The person’s face was pale. The eyes were filled with anger. They were looking at them bitterly, as if he wished he could kill them on the bed with a knife.

They actually did not recognize this person, they had never seen his face before.

Cui YuZhen in a fluster had shouted out, "Who are you, why do you rush in here?"

This person bitterly stared at her, suddenly he sneered, "This is my home, why can't I come here?"

Cui YuZhen was astounded, Ye Kai was also astounded.

This head of the family had suddenly come back. When a man got home, and discovered two strange man and woman resting on his own bed, regardless of how angry he was, it was easy to sympathize with him.

Although Cui YuZhen was originally very startled and very angry, now she was discouraged like a burst bubble, she could not say anything at all.

This person clenched his teeth, stared at her and roared, "I only went for two months, how dare you to sneak in someone here, aren't you afraid I will butcher you?"

Cui YuZhen was startled, "You... What did you say?"

"I ask you, why you do commit this shameful matter, who is this lover?"

Does this person's eyes have problem that he unexpectedly regarded her as his own wife?

Cui YuZhen said that, "You... You are not looking at the wrong person?"

This person got angrier, "I am looking at the wrong person? You were married since 16 years old to me, even if you turned into burned ash, I will still recognize you."

Cui YuZhen could not bear to shout out, "You are insane, I have never seen you."

"Do you also dare not to acknowledge that you are my wife?"

"Certainly I am not."

"If you were not my wife, why are you sleeping on my bed?"

Cui YuZhen could not say anything.

This person stared at Ye Kai, he maliciously said, "What thing are you? Why do you and my wife sleep on the same bed?"

Ye Kai also did not know what to say, he suddenly discovered that the conversation was so absurd that he really did not know actually how the matter stood.

This person said, "Luckily I am the kind of person who is both lenient and tolerant. What matter you have made, I have forgiven both of you. But now since I have come back, shouldn’t you give this warm bed to me?"

Unexpectedly he really walked closer, and seemed to start taking off his clothes, ready to go to bed and sleep.

Cui YuZhen shouted out, making an effort to push Ye Kai forward, "I am not his wife, I simply do not recognize him, you surely cannot let him here."

Ye Kai certainly could not, but how should he manage this?

When a totally naked person lying down on someone else’s bed found himself in this mess, how could he manage to resolve this?

At this moment, there was a big laughter from the door. A person was holding her belly, laughing while walking.

Seeing this person, Ye Kai could not smile.

Shangguan XiaoXian!

This awful person had unexpectedly appeared just at this awful time.

END OF CHAPTER 13

Default Chapter 14: Life-snatching flying dagger

Chapter 14: Life-snatching flying dagger

If you were looking for that person, you would not be able to find, but if you did not want him to come, he would suddenly appear right in front of you.

Shangguan XiaoXian seemed to be this kind of person.

With her hand holding her belly, she said to Ye Kai with a smile, "You have occupied someone else’s room, someone else’s bed. When that person came back, you did not have anything to say. And then that person only asked you to yield that place, but you were still not willing to yield that. This seems to be quite unreasonable."

She had not finished her words, before she laughed tearfully, laughing until she bent her waist.

Ye Kai instead swallowed his anger. Now he had finally understood what was happening.
    This woman was not only a smart fox, she was simply a all-knowing ghost. Simply, she could obtain anything she wanted, she could find out any pattern.

Cui YuZhen looked at her with a startle, and she could not bear asking, "What person is she?"

Ye Kai said, "She is not a person."

Shangguan XiaoXian said with a smile, "Right, I am not the person, I am a living deity. Wherever you go for your hiding place, I will find you."

Ye Kai had not asked how she found them.
    She obviously had watched Ye Kai continuously in secret, like a smart shadow.

Shangguan XiaoXian said, "But I had not actually expected that the taoist priest girl could bring you to such a place. If she were not anxiously trying to get some medicine for you, I really almost could not find you."

She walked closer to the head of the bed, taking the empty medicine bowl up to smell it. She said with a smile, "It is only a pity that she is not really a good doctor. Even if drink 800 catties of this kind of medicine, it still would not be useful."

Cui YuZhen’s face became suffused with anger. However she had to ask, "You can cure his wound?"

Shangguan XiaoXian said, "I am not a doctor, but I actually asked the best doctor to come for him."

That angry husband now did not appear to have the blazing anger he had a moment ago, instead he was looking at them with a smile.

Shangguan XiaoXian said, "This was the skilled artist and the highly skilled doctor in the last few years 'the skilled artist and physician Hua' Hua Ziqing. If you have any experience, you would certainly know him."

Ye Kai indeed knew him.

Hua father and son were indeed very famous physicians in jiang-hu. They had the best prescription for the treatment of flesh wounds.

But both these father and son had similar problem, they would steal from the patients.

They simply did not need to steal, but since they were born they had liked stealing, they would steal anything. If you asked them to cure of a wounded person, they could steal the person clean. The words “the skilled artist" originated from this habit.

Ye Kai finally smiled, "I did not know that your excellency is not only wise in the medical knowledge, but also capable of acting very well."

Hua Ziqing had also smiled, "You should understand something, if you want to steal something, you certainly must learn how to act well."

"Why?"

"Because you certainly learn how to impersonate all kinds of person, only then, can you steal all kinds of thing from various places."

He smiled as he continued, "For example said, if you want to steal something from the temple, you need to impersonate the buddhist priest, if stealing the ceramics, you must impersonate the brothel customer (?)."

Ye Kai said, "If you steal from the big shop owner, you must impersonate a boss of a big shop owner."

Hua Ziqing clapped his hands and said, "Your excellency is a very quick learner, you understand everything right off. If you study this line of work, I can guarantee that within three months you will become an expert."

Shangguan XiaoXian charmingly said, "Now he is already an expert, therefore if you are curing the wounds for him, you must be very careful, otherwise he might steal you clean instead."

Hua Ziqing said with a smile, "I have stolen from other people for several dozens of years, if other people can steal from me at one time, that should also be interesting." He smiled as he walked closer, while also saying, "As long as there was no poison on the knife, I dare to guarantee that in three days, your excellency could kill people again."

Cui YuZhen suddenly said loudly, "Wait, wait."

Hua Ziqing, "Wait for what?"

Cui YuZhen said, "How do I know you really come to cure his wound?"

Shangguan XiaoXian interrupted her and coldly said, "If I wanted to kill him now, that would be simply easier than eating the bean curd, why do I have to spend so much to do that?"

Cui YuZhen sneered.

Shangguan XiaoXian said, "You do not believe me?"

Cui YuZhen was still sneering.

Shangguan XiaoXian’s body suddenly fluttered up lightly like the cloud, fluttering above them. Cui YuZhen suddenly felt an ice-cold hand lifting the bedding and gently pinched her chest. When she looked again, Shangguan XiaoXian had flew back, standing in her original place, grinning while looking at her, "I heard Eastern Sea Yu Xiao could pick and tire people, but your body is still very elastic. It seems that you can cope with the man very well."

Cui YuZhen’s face became red and blue, as the anger was quickly replaced by her near-to-crying.

Shangguan XiaoXian easily said, "This is something that a women should be proud of, no need to feel embarrassed. When we have the time, perhaps I also must study with you."

Cui YuZhen complexion had turned white, she knew this woman was intentionally insulting her, but she could only endure it.

Why did some people who had managed to move forward and left the past, still had to pay the painful price?

Why did some people had to force these other people to relive the pain? Only then would they feel their own joy?

Cui YuZhen’s tears had flowed off, but Shangguan XiaoXian’s face had actually revealed the smile of victory.

Ye Kai suddenly said that, "Tumble out!"

Shangguan XiaoXian seemed to be startled, "Who are you calling to tumble out?"

"You!"

"I came with good intention to ask him to cure your wound, you actually order me to tumble out?"

Ye Kai said sternly, “Right, I order you to tumble out!"

Shangguan XiaoXian’s complexion had changed a little before she sneered, "Don't you fear I will kill you?"

"You think you can really kill me?"

"You do not believe me?"

"I only want to remind you something."

"What?"

"This matter."

His hand slowly stretched out from under the blanket.

His hand impressively held a knife, three inches seven minute long dagger, the flying dagger!
    The thin but very sharp dagger was sparkling under the lamp.

Shangguan XiaoXian’s face became green, seemingly frozen by the light of the dagger’s reflection. Hua Ziqing’s face seemed to quiver.

Little Li’s flying dagger!
    This was a flying dagger which was directly descended from Little Li Tanhua!
    This was the flying dagger which never came up empty.

Regardless of how fearful a master was in jiang-hu, all could not hide from the attack of this knife.

Ye Kai coldly said, "Originally I am not willing to kill people, but you should better not force my hand."

Shangguan XiaoXian sneeringly said, "You can still kill people now?"

"You want to try?"

Shangguan XiaoXian did not dare to try.

Nobody dared! Nobody dared to gamble with his own life as this was like losing the whole stake, decided only on a single throw of the dice.

Shangguan XiaoXian gave a long sigh before reluctantly said with a smile, "Do you think your wound will recover soon?"

"I only want you to tumble out."

Shangguan XiaoXian sighed, "I cannot roll away, but I will go out?"

She really walked away, Hua Ziqing certainly walked quickly behind. At the entrance, she suddenly turned her head and said, "I almost forgot to tell you something."

Ye Kai said, "What?"

"Do you want to know Miss Ding’s whereabout presently?"

Ye Kai did not speak, he certainly wanted to know.

Shangguan XiaoXian said, "She was sharing the same place with Guo Ding, just like you, they were also resting on a bed."

Ye Kai sneered, "Why do you say something like this in front of me? You know perfectly well that it will not be useful."

Shangguan XiaoXian easily said, "You do not believe they can do something like that?"

Ye Kai certainly did not believe her.

Shangguan XiaoXian easily said, "Perhaps they intended to be faithful to you. But what if, Miss Ding’s body felt awfully cold? Guo Ding would share the same kind intention as this Taoist priest girl? If there were some poisonous injury in a shameful place, Guo Ding still need to rescue her, why could not he suck the poison out??"

Ye Kai’s complexion had changed.

Shangguan XiaoXian revealed the victorious smile, pulling Hua Ziqing by the hand, she said with a smile, "Although he is heartless towards me, I still cannot abandon my righteousness towards him. Leave behind the package of medicines for him, let us go."

With that she finally really walked away.

great job, keep it up!

I'm sorry if I don't have the time to reedit some of the postings, when I read some of the recent postings - they don't flow as well. So, sorry about that.

Ye Kai had sat up to talk, but suddenly he crumpled down.

Cui YuZhen lost her composure, "You... You alright?"

Ye Kai sighed and said painstakingly with a smile, "Luckily you put my dagger under the pillow, luckily she had not tried to oppose me."

Cui YuZhen said, "You could not injure her a moment ago?"

Ye Kai looked at the dagger in his hand, his face had became very serious. He said, "This dagger cannot just rely on the hand to throw it to kill. It needs all the spirit and strength of the whole body before I can throw the dagger, but now... "

But now, that possibility was not even worth speaking of.

Cui YuZhen looked at him, her tears had flowed off, "I knew you did that for me, because only then would she walk away. But why did you have to take this kind of danger for me... I am someone who deserved to be insulted."

"Nobody should receive any insult. Also nobody has the right to insult someone else." Although his voice was gentle, it was actually very firm.

"He taught me how to use this dagger, so other people in this world should understand this truth through me, that they should not forget this."

Cui YuZhen’s eyes had also brightened, she slowly said, "I think he must be a great person."

Ye Kai’s eyes looked afar, with an indescribable feeling, "He often said that he was only a very ordinary person. But what he had accomplished, actually nobody had been able to achieve it."

This was also why Li XunHoan was considered great, therefore no matter where he was, he would always live forever in people's heart.

The light had gradually become dimmer, the lamp oil seemed to have run dry.

Cui YuZhen suddenly heaved a long sigh, "Now I am only worried about one thing."

"You are worried she can tell my whereabouts to other people, you are also worried she might come back?"

"Mmm!"

"She cannot do that, she only hopes my wound will heal quickly."

"Why?"

"Because she wants me to fight other people for her."

Cui YuZhen did not understand.

"That day she intentionally directed Yu Xiao to look for me because she wanted me to fight him, creating enmity between people. She also want me to kill Guo Ding and Yi YeKu for her, to kill anyone who could possibly block her road."

"But, she should know also that you will not kill other people for her."

Ye Kai smiled bitterly, "As long as we fight each other, regardless of who wins or who loses, she will always benefit as the third party bystander."

Ye Kai nodded, "Therefore she certainly do not hope I am injured because she does not want me to die quickly."

Cui YuZhen felt her hands and feet became ice-cold, she really did not expect that there was such a sinister poisonous woman in this world.

Ye Kai seemed to be thinking deeply about something, suddenly he said, "Therefore there is one thing I still don’t understand."

"What is it?"

Ye Kai hesitated before he said, “That person who forced you to play the reed in Leng Xiangyuan was possibly under Yu Xiao’s order."

Cui Yu said in consternation, "Why would he do that?"

"Because he already knew that you had the disposition of being a very nice person. He also had already known that you were discontented with him, that you wanted to leave him."

Cui YuZhen hung her head as she gently said, "Recently, I had always tried to find excuses to evade him."

Ye Kai said, "He also knew that I would come to Leng Xiangyuan to find him, therefore he intentionally installed you to wait there, intentionally letting you know Ding LingLin's whereabouts so I could find out."

Cui YuZhen had not understood it, "Did he intentionally want you to rescue Miss Ding?"

Ye Kai nodded, "Because he had used the soul absorbing method to control Ding LingLin, so as soon as Ding LingLin saw me, she would kill me."

Cui YuZhen changed her countenance and said, "Right, therefore he intentionally put her in the room, which window had the three-branched tree outside, so you could easily find it."

"But in order for me not to suspect anything, he could not reveal this opportunity to be that easy."

"Therefore he had intentionally created many mysteries, so you could never suspect this as a setup."

"He did not kidnap Ding LingLin to get Shangguan XiaoXian, but for my life."

Cui YuZhen clenched her teeth bitterly, "I never knew he was such a sinister poisonous person before."

This is getting more mysterious at every turn. I still dont get how Shangguan XiaoXian can be so powerful. Thanks for the translation

"But he was actually not someone from the Gold Coin Clan, because Shangguan XiaoXian certainly did not want me to die, as she also did not know that he used this method. Therefore I somewhat cannot understand something."

"What can't you understand?"

"I can't understand how he could also use the soul absorbing method."

"The people who can do this evil technique are very few?"

"The people who knew the method are many, but the people who are truly skilled are actually only a few, and most of them are the Devil Sect’s leaders."

Cui YuZhen’s countenance changed, "Devil Sect?"

"You also have heard of it?"

"I always think that is only in the stories, I did not know there is really the Devil Sect in this world."

"You have never heard Yu Xiao mentioning the Devil Sect?"

"No."

"How long have you been with him?"
    Cui YuZhen averted Ye Kai’s eyes, "Nearly two years."
    Her face revealed a great deal of sorrow and detest.
    During these two years, she felt her life had been in hell.

Ye Kai waited for her mood to calm down, and only then asked, "During these two years, in what places had he been usually?"

"He has a very sleek big ship, usually he always stays on the ship. But every 12 months, who will look for a seaport to anchor, to replenish grain and fresh water."

She thought before she continued, "But every several months, he actually stopped on a deserted island for 6-7 days. He would not let any other people go ashore or disembark."

Ye Kai’s eyes had brightened, he suddenly remembered Auntie Tie’s words, "... This time the Sect is preparing for the big movement in the Divine Peak, to set up the leadership again, the four great heavenly gods and princesses ..."

"What are you thinking?"

Ye Kai gave along sigh, "I originally suspected this, but I did not dare to believe it."

"What did you suspect?"

"I suspected Yu Xiao belonged to the Devil Sect, moreover he was one of the four great heavenly gods of the Devil Sect’s leaders."

Cui YuZhen’s complexion became pale, suddenly she gripped his hand and said, "Does your wound hurt?"

Ye Kai nodded.

"It is said the Devil Sect’s knife is always poisonous."

“Right!"

"If the knife is poisonous, why do you only feel the pain from the wound?"

If the knife is poisonous, one could not think of any pain, one would just lie still numbly.

Ye Kai said with a smile, "Even when the knife is poisonous, I will not die."

"Why?"

"Because I am a strange person, my blood has an anti- poison effect which especially reduce the poison effect from the Devil Sect."

Cui YuZhen was startled, staring at him with big eyes, "You were born with it?"

Ye Kai shook his head and said, "I only acquired it recently."

"How can you have it?"

"My mother used to be one of the princesses of the Devil Sect’s leaders."

Cui YuZhen was startled, she could not bear asking, "Now?"

Ye Kai smiled, "Now she was only a very ordinary old woman, living peacefully enjoying her years, hoping that her son can go back often to visit her."

"But you do not live with her?"

"That is because she also has a son that accompanies her."

He looked afar gently as he slowly said, "Although this son is not really of her own, but he is actually more filial than myself, her own son."

"Is he similar to you?'

Ye Kai smiled, "He is not like me, he is a very strange person. But actually compared to me, he is more attractive, he does not speak about useless things, I hope I will become like him some day."

Cui YuZhen charmingly said, "I hope I can see him also. Since he is your brother, he is certainly also a very good person."

Her heart was suddenly filled with future happy expectation that she could not stop herself from asking, "What is his name?"

Ye Kai spoke his name, "Fu HongXue!"

Hua Ziqing had left two packages of medicine behind, one to be taken orally, and the other one to be externally applied. The one that was to be taken orally had a soothing and calming effect that let Ye Kai slept a lot. He woke up a lot happier because the pain from his wound had been diminished significantly, moreover he smelled something good from the cooked gruel.

Cui YuZhen must be cooking some gruel for him in the kitchen. The sunlight came in through the window, the wind was very light, today’s weather must be really good.

Ye Kai nearly forgot all his worries and bawled, "If the boiled gruel does not come immediately, you have to add three big bowls for me."

"Coming."

The curtain suddenly raised, the big bowl of gruel flew in and “crack” at the wall.

Ye Kai was astounded. The chicken gruel slowly dripped down the wall. Finally someone sneered and appeared suddenly.

Yi YeKu.
    He wore a red long gown with black peony embroidery, still looking very much like a corpse.

Ye Kai had suddenly smiled to him, "You came early."

Yi YeKu coldly said, "Although you didn’t wake up early, it is just at the right moment."

"Oh?"

"If you had woken up later, I fear you would never wake up again.."

Ye Kai had smiled, "Although it is unfortunate that you come, it is still really too early."

Yi YeKu coldly said, "The early bird get to eat the worms, the late ones will have to eat the waste. If I did not get here early, I would not be so fortunate to be able to see that female rebel, who betrayed us."

Ye Kai sighed, "It seems that being early is not that good. If she was not early, how could she got hit preposterously?"

"That is your fault."

"My fault?"

"If she had not been charmed by you, that she would wake up so early, how could she have gone to that inn to inquire the news about Han Zhen?"

Ye Kai’s heart sunk low. Yesterday evening, he had asked Cui YuZhen. She did not know how Han Zhen was. As she saw that Ye Kai was injured, she only considered saving Ye Kai and run away from the place. She was not so worried about the other people.

Ye Kai had not asked her again, nor blamed her. But his heart actually felt a little ashamed, a little uncomfortable, as he felt sorry for Han Zhen.

Therefore Cui YuZhen’s heart was also very uncomfortable. She could see that Ye Kai, although he did not mention it, wanted the information. Disregarding the possible consequences, she had gone to inquire about it for him.

"She predicted correctly that Yu Xiao had walked away, but she did not realize that I had unexpectedly stayed there."

Ye Kai could not bear asking, "That evening he had not killed you?"

"You think he was really trying to kill me?"

“That is not real?"

"We were only playacting. We set it up for you to see, so you could have the opportunity to rescue the person."

"At that time you had discovered that I was outside?"

"As soon as you entered that courtyard, he had known that."

Ye Kai sighed and said bitterly, "It seems that I had truly underestimated him."

"He also had underestimated you, he thought you must have died for sure."

"You?"

Yi YeKu said, "I knew that you were not the kind of person to die easily."

"Finally, you were not wrong."

"But now, if you do not hand over Shangguan XiaoXian, you will surely die."

Ye Kai sighed, "Ah... but you are wrong this time."

"You should better understand something."

"Just say it."

"I like killing people."

"That is true."

"Most of all, I want to kill you!"

"That is also true."

"Therefore, if you do not quickly hand over Shangguan XiaoXian, I will not wait anymore. I rather not have her, as I must kill you too."

"You should better understand something too," Ye Kai said.

"I will let you say it."

"I do not like killing people, but you are the kind of person that is actually the exception."

Yi YeKu sneered, "Now you can kill me?"

"I cannot, but this can."

As soon as his hand fllipped, the dagger was already in his hand. Three inches seven minute long dagger, the flying dagger.

Yi YeKu looked at this dagger, his pupil contracted immediately.
    He certainly knew that this is the descendant of Little Li Tanhua’s flying dagger, which never come up empty once it is dispatched.

Ye Kai said, "I only hope you do not compel me to kill you."
    Before he made his move, he always say this same sentence.

Because this dagger was not just thrown with the hand. To send this dagger, one must use the spirit and the strength of the whole body. Once the dagger was dispatched, he no longer had control over it

Yi YeKu stared at this dagger before he slowly said, "I recognize this dagger."

"You should recognize it well."

"It is a pity though that you are not Little Li Tanhua."

"I am not."

Yi YeKu said, "You are now lying here wasted and injured. Your dagger has become a dagger that cannot kill even a dog."

Ye Kai said, "This dagger does not kill dogs, only kills people."

Yi YeKu said loudly with a smile, "But actually I must try to see whether it can kill me."

Other people had gauged Ye Kai’s reputation and claimed his ability to handle hidden weapons, but this dagger was not a hidden weapon.

This dagger was not merely a common knife, but was one of a kind that could not be broken, offering the irresistible power.

With a flash of the dagger, Yi YeKu’s body suddenly flew and twisted in the air before he fell down.

He had not shouted, nor shown some struggles. All of a sudden, he became like an empty sack.

There was a dagger on his throat.

The flying dagger! The only above and under, unique flying dagger.

END OF CHAPTER 14

Finally, the dagger makes its move. This is the first time I have seen the dagger by Ye Kai, and its just as powerful as it is with Dagger Li. So far, in the translated portion of Bordertown, Ye Kai didn't use the dagger yet. Now in chatper 14 of this story, he finally release it. WOW

Amazing. Thank you so much for the translation.

Yeah, the moment was so dramatic. Cool! But I htought he said his dagger was gonners...
    Last edited by davidY; 05-09-06 at 06:51 AM.

Default Chapter 15: Unsentimental pity

Chapter 15: Unsentimental pity

Ye Kai calmly sat there, there was an indescribable expression in his eyes, like pity, like loneliness. Killing someone was definitely not a happy occasion.

But there was actually a sound of tinkling laughter outside, Shangguan XiaoXian’s laughter.

"Good quick dagger." The laughter was heard outside the window, but she herself had come in from window, gliding in like a swallow.

Ye Kai calmly sat there, not even looking at her. Now, whenever she appeared, Ye Kai was no longer surprised.

Shangguan XiaoXian clapped her hands with a smile, "I was not wrong at all, I have never seen such a quick dagger."

Ye Kai suddenly sneered, "You want to see that again?"

Shangguan XiaoXian said, "I did not say that. I also know that you will not kill me, killing a wretched solitary girl with this dagger. If Little Li Tanhua had known about it, he would be very angry."

She tenderly smiled as she continued, "Moreover, you really should feel grateful to me. If I had not asked Hua Ziqing yesterday to leave that two packages of medicines behind, you probably would not be able to kill him today."

Ye Kai could not deny it.

Shangguan XiaoXian charmingly said, "But I am also very grateful to you, because you have finally killed someone for me."

These words were like a sharp whip that hit Ye Kai. Knowing fully well that someone had used you, was indeed not something to make you feel better.

Ye Kai coldly said, "I have already killed one, I can kill for the second time."

"I believe you."

"Therefore you should better go away quickly."

"You really want me to go away?"

“Yes!"

Shangguan XiaoXian gently sighed, "Am I really that uglier compared to that female taoist priest? Can't I serve you just like her?"

At the head of the bed, there were several folded clean clothes. This must have been prepared by Cui YuZhen. But where was she now? How about Ding LingLin?

Ye Kai had picked up the clothes, he did not want to lie down again.

Shangguan XiaoXian said, "You had to go? Where to?"

Ye Kai kept silent.

Shangguan XiaoXian easily said, "If you want to find her, I urge you to just lay aside your anxiety, because you certainly will not find her."

Ye Kai wanted to say something, but then just close his mouth. He had understood Shangguan XiaoXian very well. If she did not want to say something, nobody could obtain that information. If she wanted to say it, you did not need to ask her.

Shangguan XiaoXian said, "If you wanted to find Ding LingLin, you should be better off talking with me here. Because even if you found her, you would not feel comfortable with what you might find."

Ye Kai did not listen.

Shangguan XiaoXian said, "Perhaps you can find someone now."

Ye Kai started putting on his boots.

Shangguan XiaoXian said, "Now, the only person you can find is Han Zhen. You may even find him as soon as you start looking, do you know why?"

Ye Kai did not ask. her

Shangguan XiaoXian said, "Because he had lain down in the coffin, his whole body cannot move at all."

Ye Kai had suddenly stood up, his eyes that stared at her, were burning like fire.

Shangguan XiaoXian had smiled, "You know perfectly well that I did not kill him, why are you staring at me? You should consider taking the revenge for him by finding first his enemy."

She lightly continued, "But I urge you not to go. Now, you should only do one sensible thing, to lie down and sleep well."

Ye Kai had not listened to her saying these words as he had rushed out of there.