Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: It All Started With A Kiss

i just saw the MV for E zuo JU on Youtube.

Awwww... it's really cute... and they look better too. I felt towards the middle of the first ISWAK Joe's hair was kinda weird, Lol

Quote Originally Posted by anggemb View Post
    i just saw the MV for E zuo JU on Youtube.

Awwww... it's really cute... and they look better too. I felt towards the middle of the first ISWAK Joe's hair was kinda weird, Lol
    Yeah, that is a really cute MV. And i agree, Joe's hair got a bit funky towards the middle 'cause it was on the curly side and it got a bit afro-ish. Hehe. I prefer his hair to be straight and more on the flat side.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

Quote Originally Posted by beanybeans View Post
    Yeah, that is a really cute MV. And i agree, Joe's hair got a bit funky towards the middle 'cause it was on the curly side and it got a bit afro-ish. Hehe. I prefer his hair to be straight and more on the flat side.
    true. i like his hair in the second ISWAK.

true. i like his hair in the second ISWAK.
    Yeah, Joe looks pretty good with that short hair of his.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Yeah, Joe looks pretty good with that short hair of his.

I second the motion his hair was good in Magic Ring too

Quote Originally Posted by XWingSuki View Post
    ATTENTION: SPOILERS (but I assume everyone has seen it)
    I agree that it does get boring somewhere in the middle, but there's where Ariel's antics get us laughing!! And the part where Ah Jin and the junior..whats his name..both like Ariel and fight for her in the restaurant Joe works in.. and Joe tells them what they did was useless as Ariel only likes him..it was so funny and Joe was acting so cool.. sometimes it's a hard time for him to keep his feelings for Ariel to himself..and there was the part Ariel had to sleep-over at his house and he said "she's the first girl who stepped into his house". And then she kept asking weird questions if he would feel cold after she forced him to sleep on the floor, in the end they had to sleep next to each other and Ariel ended up kicking him to the floor..he even took her sleeping photograph and set it as his laptop wallpaper..so funny..but it's sweet when he kisses her..when she's so angry and then he kisses her on the spot..first time when he kissed her, he was jealous of her and A Jin and then she says when she gets to Uni she'll get a way better guy than him, then he kisses her on the spot, she flares up..haha so funny.. the last part was so romantic.
    One thing I found annoying about the series..it was Tiffany Xu..Joe's classmate whom he never liked..the guy who likes her does a lot for her but she only considered him as a good friend.. I feel pity for him sometimes. Tiffany can be so MEAN sometimes especially when she asked the chef to fill up Ariel's plate to the max and causes her to go broke.. I wished she ended up with the senior tho.. since he realli cares about her.. but well.. and anyway, it's funny too when she and Ariel teams up to spoil Joe and Bai Hui Lan's first date, they dressed up as obasans and all Ariel's plans failed.. :P
    The senior was more uglier than anything imaginable in the series, so luckily I hope she didn't end up with that gangsta looking guy.

Ariel was just plain annoying in this series, IQ of a 12 year old really.
    내가 황제라면, 모든 단어에 의미를 부여하기 위해 사전을 만드는 일 부터 시작할 것이다.

AkA: strife_au in the old mythic golden era of SPCNET pre-2007... Pioneer and architect of chaos... The legend lives.

Oops forgot to reply.
    I like the guy's character, not the look. And anyway I've seen guys in Brunei worse-looking than him. I hoped Ziyu would end with him coz I hated her, she was pretty irritating. Glad Zhishu didnt like her.
    Didn't know the guy who acted as the senior was a singer though. He sang one of the themes, Say You Love Me. and I was glad he cut his hair in TKA.
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

Oops forgot to reply.
    I like the guy's character, not the look. And anyway I've seen guys in Brunei worse-looking than him. I hoped Ziyu would end with him coz I hated her, she was pretty irritating. Glad Zhishu didnt like her.
    Didn't know the guy who acted as the senior was a singer though. He sang one of the themes, Say You Love Me. and I was glad he cut his hair in TKA.

lol, i don't think the guy looked that bad. anyways, the senior was a lot like Xiangqin in character and I liked the fact that he was willing to go the extra mile to get Ziyu to notice her.

lol, i don't think the guy looked that bad. anyways, the senior was a lot like Xiangqin in character and I liked the fact that he was willing to go the extra mile to get Ziyu to notice her.
    You guys are referring to Jason right? I thought he was okay. His character was quite amusing. I wasn't a fan of Tiffany's character either but then i got used to her. And was Jason's hair long to begin with in ISWAK? I'm just wondering since XWingSuki mentioned that his hair was cut for TKA.
    I <3 MatsuJun

You guys are referring to Jason right? I thought he was okay. His character was quite amusing. I wasn't a fan of Tiffany's character either but then i got used to her. And was Jason's hair long to begin with in ISWAK? I'm just wondering since XWingSuki mentioned that his hair was cut for TKA.

yup, he had long dredlocks in the beginning when he was bullying new tennis team members, remember? well, i thought his character added fun to the entire series

yup, he had long dredlocks in the beginning when he was bullying new tennis team members, remember? well, i thought his character added fun to the entire series
    Gosh, i watched ISWAK only once and that was over a year ago now so i don't exactly remember. But now that you've mentioned the dreadlocks, i sorta do now. I thought Jason's character made it more entertaining too. Especially when he and Xiang Qin teamed up to win their respective love interests' hearts. Hehe.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Gosh, i watched ISWAK only once and that was over a year ago now so i don't exactly remember. But now that you've mentioned the dreadlocks, i sorta do now. I thought Jason's character made it more entertaining too. Especially when he and Xiang Qin teamed up to win their respective love interests' hearts. Hehe.

yeah that part was really funny. I only finished the two ISWAKs and the Jap version two weeks ago, that's why I could still recall the scenes easily... I wanted to rewatch it because I really liked it but my mom was already giving me the evil eye because everytime she checks if Im asleep, Im still glued to the DVD.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Suet_Seung
    and blah Ariel's CHARACTER in this series is just silly, I never knew a teenage girl in real life to be like that. Bah!
    From that I assume there are no 'silly, day-dreamy, lovesick' teenagers in real life? That's like saying no one likes coffee (coffee is a drug with the highest number of addicts in the world...according to Times anyway). Firstly, a 'character' is not supposed to be realistic, this is a fictional show not a non-fiction documentary. And how many teenagers can one possibly meet in a lifetime to make that sort of comment...unless of course one has a Masters of PhD in Social or possibly Adolescent Psychology research.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie
    I have not seen Joe before this one and he was ok, but the overall storyline was just stupid. Therefore, I really don't understand why everyone was raving about this series?? It is ok I guess but really draggy in the middle. Gosh, I thought it really made girls/women look bad in a sense because I think it makes you look so foolish to keep on chasing a guy that supposedly does not like you at all. In reality, if a guy does not like you in the first place than he NEVER will regardless of what you do for him....
    I used to view from the same boat. Blind in love girl foolishly chasing a 'cool' guy...bah!

The funny thing is I found ISWAK not 'stupid' at all if viewed in a different perspective. It was an interesting comparisan between 2 extreme personalities. High IQ/Low EQ vs Low IQ/High EQ. I wonder if anyone else saw it that way?

The supposed 'thorn' of the show of course is how Xiang Qin presented herself as a woman. Yes, no one would dream of dropping their pride and chase anyone around in such a seemingly foolish manner. But, I think that in itself is very courageous act...to love so utterly and completely that there is no room for caring what others think. There is priceless quality to unconditional love and Ariel Lin's job was to portray this with no stops...no pride, no worry, no doubts. Which of course Ariel did beautifully.

Pride doesn't mix well with love anyway...as Jane Austen so eloquently wrote about in 'Pride and Prejudice'.

Strength is a very ideal concept, and natural too as it is oh so Darwinistic. Everyone would like to see Xiang Qin 'grow some backbone', but I think it is the strength of her love, her single-mindedness that was the factor to move Zhishu out of his meaningless stupor to actually feel.

Not that I advocate chasing a guy around, but I think it rather unfair to refer to 'real life' comparisans. Life is never a 'certainty' and to say something "never" would occur is too generalistic and absolute for my tastes. Ariel portrayed an extremist character anyway, so being realistic would be unrealistic (pun intended ).

I think I tend to sympathise and even admire Xiang Qin because being an intellectual without the emotions is quite a hollow existence I believe (as portrayed by Zhishu). IQ can get you many things but not necessarily happiness. EQ is about happiness and communication, both more profoundly powerful than a high IQ.
    Last edited by NuDaFu; 07-19-08 at 07:21 AM.

Wink

Couldn't agree better. he added a certain spice to the university story. and he's quite good wif the song as well.

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    From that I assume there are no 'silly, day-dreamy, lovesick' teenagers in real life? That's like saying no one likes coffee (coffee is a drug with the highest number of addicts in the world...according to Times anyway). Firstly, a 'character' is not supposed to be realistic, this is a fictional show not a non-fiction documentary. And how many teenagers can one possibly meet in a lifetime to make that sort of comment...unless of course one has a Masters of PhD in Social or possibly Adolescent Psychology research.

I used to view from the same boat. Blind in love girl foolishly chasing a 'cool' guy...bah!

The funny thing is I found ISWAK not 'stupid' at all if viewed in a different perspective. It was an interesting comparisan between 2 extreme personalities. High IQ/Low EQ vs Low IQ/High EQ. I wonder if anyone else saw it that way?

The supposed 'thorn' of the show of course is how Xiang Qin presented herself as a woman. Yes, no one would dream of dropping their pride and chase anyone around in such a seemingly foolish manner. But, I think that in itself is very courageous act...to love so utterly and completely that there is no room for caring what others think. There is priceless quality to unconditional love and Ariel Lin's job was to portray this with no stops...no pride, no worry, no doubts. Which of course Ariel did beautifully.

Pride doesn't mix well with love anyway...as Jane Austen so eloquently wrote about in 'Pride and Prejudice'.

Strength is a very ideal concept, and natural too as it is oh so Darwinistic. Everyone would like to see Xiang Qin 'grow some backbone', but I think it is the strength of her love, her single-mindedness that was the factor to move Zhishu out of his meaningless stupor to actually feel.

Not that I advocate chasing a guy around, but I think it rather unfair to refer to 'real life' comparisans. Life is never a 'certainty' and to say something "never" would occur is too generalistic and absolute for my tastes. Ariel portrayed an extremist character anyway, so being realistic would be unrealistic (pun intended ).

I think I tend to sympathise and even admire Xiang Qin because being an intellectual without the emotions is quite a hollow existence I believe (as portrayed by Zhishu). IQ can get you many things but not necessarily happiness. EQ is about happiness and communication, both more profoundly powerful than a high IQ.
    Interesting. I loved Pride and Prejudice. The haughty think-he's cool-guy falling in love with Elizabeth.
    And about 'chasing' or pursuit, I believe both males and females have equal rights. ^^

In addition to these, I really dislike how some people say 'I hate Ariel Lin' because of her role here. She's not irritating, in fact she's quite a good actress. One of my fave's but I don't get why people judge her by one role when she has played many others!
    Last edited by XWingSuki; 07-20-08 at 10:47 PM.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

Interesting. I loved Pride and Prejudice. The haughty think-he's cool-guy falling in love with Elizabeth.

In addition to these, I really dislike how some people say 'I hate Ariel Lin' because of her role here. She's not irritating, in fact she's quite a good actress. One of my fave's but I don't get why people judge her by one role when she has played many others!
    I certainly love PP too...I used it as an example where Zhishu was prideful yet in love, and that didn't work out until he could drop his pride and meet reality.

I actually think Xiang Qin (very beautiful Chinese name by the way) was a wonderful character. Yes, she wasn't ideally intelligent, yet her other qualities shone through so much that I thought she was the most fortunate person compared to the others. Even XQ herself may not of thought so, but she was someone who was easily contented, knew what she wanted in simple terms, and most importantly, she knew how to love the deepest and most persistently (which Anne elaborated in the most amazing discussion in Persuasion...another Jane Austen reference ). Although, I mean this also with regard to XQ attitude in TKA.

On the surface, it may appear like another geeky, ugly duckling chasing around the 'cool guy' story, the difference was, XQ knew that she would get hurt time and time again if she persisted with ZS. I think it takes a lot of emotional courage to follow this path.

ZS was someone to pity I think. Someone who seems totally devoid of inter- and intra-personal intelligence. Yes, he is very capable, yet he lacked motivation, drive, and a goal in life. It wasn't until XQ encouraged him to pursue his 'relative' interest in medicine, that he did so. Even at that point, there was really no passion in his interest in medicine. Yet, in TKA, he has the gall to turn around and criticize XQ for not having a goal in life.

It also was quite typically Asian for him to be 'intelligent' and choose medicine as a profession. Ah, you certainly need EQ to be a doctor. How in flying monkeys did they expect ZS to be a doctor with no communication skills? Duh! High IQ + introvert tendencies suits a research type pursuit. Which is still not really true because you need to do presentations and work with your lab team still.

Well, not everyone has to love Ariel's portrayal as XQ, but if one judges Ariel Lin based on a fictional character (assuming one doesn't like Ariel based on annoyance with the ditzy Xiang Qin), umm...one would be no less naive than the very character/actress one criticizes.

It's like an extreme case of 'judging a book by its cover'.

Ironic and laughable, considering Ariel Lin is reportedly quite the opposite of Xiang Qin (i.e. intelligent and private). For someone who majored in language(Korean I believe) at Uni, and has proven her capability by doing a dubbing in Korean, Ariel shows capability in one of the 8 intelligences that I find quite unique and difficult.

Although not stunningly beautiful in looks, Ariel's XQ is so loveable in her cuteness, her spirit, the purity and guilelessness of character. XQ would be considered an 'anti-hero', a most difficult to play, considering people admire heros not anti-heros. I believe Ariel does her part wonderfully, making me laugh all the way through with her antics.

Cool

I enjoyed reading the exchanges between beanybeans, anggemb, NuDaFu and xWingSuki.

I have just finished watching this series and the part 2 as well and I totally loved the drama. It was funny but I also cried towards the last episodes. The main characters, I reckon, portrayed their roles very well.
    Blessy
    - The best relationship is the one where the love of one another matters more than the need to be with each other. -

Thanks Bless168
    and by the way NuDaFu
    the name Xiangqin was adapted from Kanji (japanese wording, also Chinese characters)
    Kanji reads as Yuan Xiang (the surname) Qin Zi (the given name). so Taiwanese TV producers took her name as Yuan Xiangqin, to make it Taiwanese-like.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog