Thread: Did young Yeung Hong know why Yau Chui Gei was teaching him martial arts?

Default Did young Yeung Hong know why Yau Chui Gei was teaching him martial arts?

When young Gwok Jing was growing up in Mongolia during LEGEND OF THE CONDOR HEROES, he knew exactly why the Gong Nam 7 Freaks had come to teach him martial arts: so that he could defeat Yeung Hong in a duel and then, join forces with him to avenge their fathers. Yeung Hong, on the other hand, seemed to have been kept entirely in the dark about why Yau Chui Gei was coming to the Jin Imperial Palace to train him in the martial arts. Did Yeung Hong have any idea why Yau Chui Gei was training him, or was he completely clueless (but somehow still went along with it)?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    When young Gwok Jing was growing up in Mongolia during LEGEND OF THE CONDOR HEROES, he knew exactly why the Gong Nam 7 Freaks had come to teach him martial arts: so that he could defeat Yeung Hong in a duel and then, join forces with him to avenge their fathers.
    I may be totally wrong on this, but I do have some vague recollections that Guo Jing was not told of the bet/deal that the Jiangnan Seven had with Qiu Chuji. The Seven only told Guo Jing that he was learning martial arts to avenge his (own) father. It was only much much later (when he was all grown up, in China proper, and had already tangled with Yang Kang and a host of other people) that Guo Jing learnt about the thing with Yang Kang and Qiu Chuji.

*gets ready to be shot*
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

The kids didn't know that they were supposed to kick each other's arse for an 18 year old bet between a bunch of old farts, but they still went ahead and did it anyway.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi
    I may be totally wrong on this, but I do have some vague recollections that Guo Jing was not told of the bet/deal that the Jiangnan Seven had with Qiu Chuji. The Seven only told Guo Jing that he was learning martial arts to avenge his (own) father. It was only much much later (when he was all grown up, in China proper, and had already tangled with Yang Kang and a host of other people) that Guo Jing learnt about the thing with Yang Kang and Qiu Chuji.

*gets ready to be shot*
    I m pretty sure ur right,GJ only knows about the bet when he went back to china,as for YK I dun think he had any idea about the bet too since I cant recall any indication in the novel that suggest he knows about it.