Thread: Help in accessing some Liang Yusheng characters

Default Help in accessing some Liang Yusheng characters

I'm reading his novels right now and enjoying every bit of it. However, one thing which often confuses me is exactly how powerful are some of his characters? It seems like he would always say that a certain character is so and so powerful but when it comes down to it, that isn't the case at all. It seems like the novel often changes its opinion on the characters' skill level.

Can someone give me a better understanding of these characters' real prowess? Liang Yusheng sometimes makes them sounds like first-class fighters but in other times, they could drop down to second-class or even third-class (from impression), even if their opponent isn't necessarily a first-class fighter.

Tang Jingtian - He seems really helpless when fighting Li Shengnan, and is terrible when fighting Ji Xiaofeng.
    Gui Bing-e
    Gu Zhihua
    Chen Tianyu
    Feng Lin - She starts off being very impressive but slowly begins to slide down in 'standard'.
    Li Xinmei
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 11-17-05 at 01:34 PM.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

this is how i would rank the above ppl

feng lin
    tang jing tian/gu zhi hua
    chen tian yu/li xin mei

feng lin is the most senior of them and she learnt a lot of other martial arts during her time in the palace when she was young

as for tang jing tian and gu zhi hua, they are one generation younger than feng lin. However, what they have would be their sword skills which are very good.

chen tianyu sword skills were good, however, he did not have as good foundation as compared to the other 2.

i am not sure about li xin mei, but i think she is around or slightly lower than chen tian yu

Hi heats! Thanks for replying.

After finishing my third Liang Yusheng novel, I've come to realise that the confusion is actually caused by a flaw in his writing style. It seems like he either over-exaggerates some of the characters' abilities (repeatedly saying they are first class when they were really only second or third class) and that he tends to 'demote' characters after sometime.

It seems to me that Tang Jingtian, Gui Bing-e and Gu Zhihua had been 'demoted', which explains their lacklustre performance in both 'Yun Hai Yu Gong Yuan' and 'Bing He Xi Jian Lu'.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."