Page 1 of 24 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Love Story in Harvard

Default Love Story in Harvard - KimRaeWon, KimTaeHee

Anyone heard about the newest Korean series "Love Story in Harvard" with KimRaeWon, KimTaeHee, LeeJungJin, and KimMin?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.sbs.co.kr/newimg/200401/image_up/main_visual_lovestory.jpg')

I've only seen the first episode so far and I'm interested to see more.

This series is actually shot on the USC campus with a bunch of American extras.

Some pictures:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/mahalo/f9d1736c.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/mahalo/ad4ae1c2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/mahalo/4728940b.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/ling999/KRWLS011104-3.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.news.yahoo.co.kr/picture/84/20041101/8420041101_12974019.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v397/ling999/KRWLS011104-4.jpg')

More pics:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://imgnews.naver.com/image/108/2004/10/28/2004102814394383023_2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://imgnews.naver.com/image/108/2004/10/28/2004102814394383023_4.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://imgnews.naver.com/image/108/2004/10/28/2004102814394383023_1.jpg')

i can't take it any more he so cute just love kim rae won he so damn fine.

for more info... go to this website http://soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=241413 they have almost everything u wanna no.

personally i love it... but dat's b/c i'm biase towards kim rae won.

Default A bit of a spoiler...?

Love story in Harvard was made in combination of two books - "Love Story" (by Eric Segal I think) and "Bookworms in Harvard" based on a real story of the lives of Korean students who made it to Harvard and studying all the time.

Viewers are protesting against Kim Tae-hee's supposed death. The producer group is rumored to have second thoughts because of this. K-dramas is famous for cliche stories but it also has another bad reputation of giving into viewers' protest occasionally. (The most horrifying case- Lovers in Paris) Therefore no one knows how it will end.

Kim Rae-won is a law student, Kim Tae-hee a medical student who devotes her life to serve the children of third world in dire need. She catches some kind of fatal disease herself or something according to the original script.

But aside from the main story line the drama is quite funny sometimes; Kim Rae-won running away like a road-runner with a law book because his rival wouldn't let him take a peek.

There were also lots of comments about both Kims' English pronounciation. Kim Rae-won and Kim Tae-hee both admitted they had hell of a time trying to grasp English dialogues filled with professional terms for law and medical students, let alone pronouncing it properly. (So what? Darn for those who believe everyone should be "born" knowing how to speak English)

(..and one last comment; there's just too much Kims in Korea-! Bet there's more Kims than Smiths in the U.S.)
    Last edited by AlannaKim; 12-25-04 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlannaKim
    (..and one last comment; there's just too much Kims in Korea-! Bet there's more Kims than Smiths in the U.S.)
    Oh haha, that was quite funny.

Kim Rae Won certainly looks very very good here, better than he did in any of the other shows I had seen him in actually. The specs just makes him look even hotter than he usually is, ah, I am such a sucker for guys in specs....

This drama is getting ridiculous. They were going thru series of "showing private parts" on the TV. Wheather it was intentionally done or not, i think they are succeeding pretty good. I think I rather watch So Ji Sup as Mu Hyuk.,
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

Yes.. I agree this series is getting worse. I sort of liked it in the beginning but now it's getting way too cliche with KimTaeHee getting sick.

KimRaeWon's English is absolutely horrible but LeeJungJin's is even worse!! Kim Min (Yes, another Kim! ) speaks pretty decent English I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by Yon
    This drama is getting ridiculous. They were going thru series of "showing private parts" on the TV. Wheather it was intentionally done or not, i think they are succeeding pretty good. I think I rather watch So Ji Sup as Mu Hyuk.,
    i dun think she did it intentionally. well, the girl got in trouble n her character was killed off. neways, it was stupid how ppl actually look dat close 2 her...

Kim Min speaks good english cuz she live in the usa for a long time.

Default Location of the series

Humm...some clarification on the location of this drama. It's at UCLA not USC. The place where Kim Tae-hee works at is a local pub down in Westwood near UCLA....

This drama was far from reality, and after producer bursted open the ending in the interview, and later changed it dramatically.

I am just so sick and tired of "Is main actor/actress going to die" theme. For CRYING OUT LOUD.. Korean folks really need to improve the better theme.

^^ yeh i guess so

i watched up to epiosde 6 and haven't watch the rest...i guess it diddn't really catch my attention...lol i actually like the alex guy better than KRW lol kim tae hui is relaly pretty
    JIS IS MY CURRENT OBSESSION!!

SPRING DAY + WHAT HAPPENED IN BALI <33

KimTaeHee is really really pretty in this show.

But yah.. I'm starting to dislike it too. Very cliche how the main female character might/will die of cancer??

Oh cmon people dont get so discouraged its got a good ending...
    besides all korean dramas have someone dying or something, it all depends on how much u like the actors/actresses...ive only watched to ep 6 because thats how many are hard subbed at this one site, but i already kno the ending thanks to soompi....

i don't particularly like the ending either... Maybe if she died it would've redeemed the series back a bit. But yeah, all of the scriptwriters would fall under the pressure from the fans to make endings happy.

Quote Originally Posted by PinePine
    i don't particularly like the ending either... Maybe if she died it would've redeemed the series back a bit. But yeah, all of the scriptwriters would fall under the pressure from the fans to make endings happy.

I agree with Pine Pine. This drama had better off having Kim Tae Hee dying than she is alive and kicking. The drama carved into not killing actress mode than the drama's plot

OMG! Can this drama be anymore like the other thousands of korean dramas. Also why does the girl always die? I mean for once can't they have the guy dying, seriously. I thought that since she was a medical student she was going save the guy's life or something because he is going to have a disease. I think that is better than the story right now. I just want the girl to die already and get it over with. It's not sad once it's happen hundreds of other times in other dramas.

I watch first 2 epi. So far so good. I agree that Both Kim have a hard time to speak english, I think at least i can understand a bit what they saying. Kim TaeHee acting skill have improved since i last saw her in stairway to heaven as she only know how to stare people using her big eyes.

i think it gets ruined after everyone graduates and all that stuff.
    and i'm highly disappointed that it was filmed in USC/UCLA or wherever it was.

Default it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KimTaeHee is really really pretty in this show.