Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A Love to Kill (The Love of Death)

Okay so a question and a comment I have here: 1st the Comment:
    I just got done watching the series, and dude, I'm serious okay, I cried why did Mingu die?? I mean okay I know that he more or less gave Eun-suk to Bokgu, but I mean, awwww, I was so sad!! And then everybody was so sad and then like AHHHH!! But yeah, so then afterwards more or less Bokgu and Eun-Suk both die too... geez, me and my cousins were talking about it and we thought that the ending of the story should of ended with them both doing the "crazy thing" for the day by hanging out... hm... now that I think about it though, it wouldn't of been the same if they did actually die and all, but yeah... well at least they died together happy and all, but yeah....

Question:
    Okay so I think that I have two questions, the first one (If anybody knows):
    Was Eun-Suk already dead when Bokgu tried to warm her up??? And if so, then (? # 2) was there a mistake when Eun-Suk slightly opened up her eyes at the very end of the episode?? Like did she die after him or before him?? OK u know, it didn't come out all that organized there were more than 2 questions, anywho yeah.... um... yeah, the soundtrack like I said the movie is AWESOME!!!!
    "We are in the land of the blindfolded
    we cannot see what is going to happen
    we can only wait for the future and what it brings"

Quote Originally Posted by Animelover_ae
    Question:
    Okay so I think that I have two questions, the first one (If anybody knows):
    Was Eun-Suk already dead when Bokgu tried to warm her up??? And if so, then (? # 2) was there a mistake when Eun-Suk slightly opened up her eyes at the very end of the episode?? Like did she die after him or before him?? OK u know, it didn't come out all that organized there were more than 2 questions, anywho yeah.... um... yeah, the soundtrack like I said the movie is AWESOME!!!!
    I think she died after him. She was unconcious when he found her in the mountains, but after he warmed her, she's still living, but Bokgu died because he's too cold (his hand fell) and I think he didn't want to go on living as he thought she was dying.

........I just finished this series today. It wasn't the best Korean drama filmed, the plot is ridiculous and doesn't flow well at some places, yet it's engaging, touching and intense. I even suspect that the disorganization of the show added to the intensity. The soundtrack as everyone said is AWESOME - complements the show very well with its tango-like tune and gives the show its intensity, esp with Rain's performance. Rain looked amazing in bodyguard's clothes and his fighting scenes are spectacular.

Somehow I empathized with Eun-Suk's plight. She made a mistake with Kim Sun Jung and paid very dearly for it. Her life story was sad and although she was a kind person, she was mistaken by Bogku as a heartless *****. Even though he admit there were times he doubted his judgment, he still continued with revenge. After realising his mistake, he couldn't love her and he couldn't let her be with his brother as well.

I didn't enjoy the first episode at all. But after BK begins his revenge plan, the plot gets interesting. I like the scene where he went to get her at the cinema, she looks cute. And the scene where he kissed her suddenly at the beach to cure her hiccups. It was surprising in that you wouldn't expect him to do that since apparently he hates her; did he kiss her because he wants her to fall in love with him as part of revenge, or was he already taken with her? We never know.

I don't understand how a women like Eun-Suk could get drunk and become so fierce, yet is such a vulnerable character inside. She's not pretty and doesn't look like a superstar, but her kindness does get to people. She's a good person, yet so many misfortunes befall on her due to one silly mistake she made.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    So you rather see a cheesy kiss than the passionate kiss between the two stars? I think the kissing scenes are important. It shows the intimate relationship between them.

i completely agree. kissing is a sign of physical love and mutual consent between two people who love eachother. i am actually so sick of seeing actors who act like statues face eachother, peck on the lips, and then back away. wooooow, what a kiss that was. if people kissed like that in real life, none of us would want to kiss in the first place. i love the kissing scenes. bi did such a good job.

This might be a bit off topic, but me and my friends who have been really into K-series these days have concluded that in a lot of k-series we have watched all have similar theme, most of it has a contract ( dating, marriage, money,etc..), these always say "Fighting", " you want to die" or something along that line. But so far, I seem to enjoy most of the korean series I've watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Malaysialover
    me too.i mean for express how good for the love relationship they can show in different way that make audiance more touchable and acceptable rather than just kiss lah..hug lah..bra bra lah...good example to refer is "tai cheong gam" ...i mean kiss scene is ok but just not too much make us like nothing special of it alrready..

I agree. if I want to see all those groping and falling into bed after one date and high school kids having physical relationships like grad students,
    I'd watch western shows. Singapore shows seemed to be going in that direction. I heard Japanese shows are also 'more' physical than Korean.

Rain's nose looked very different from his nose in Full house. Am I imagining it?

Quote Originally Posted by baby1talk
    k-series we have watched all have similar theme, most of it has a contract ( dating, marriage, money,etc..), these always say "Fighting", " you want to die" or something along that line. .
    these are simlar themes but if you really think about tvb has similar themes throughout their series as well. "Fighting" can be compared to "go go go" which seems to be in many tvb series now a days.

Anyways my general impression upon finishing this series -- I did not like it all that much. The soundtrack of this series I would give a 5/5 but for the drama story line I would give a 3.
    I didn't find Bokgu's and Eun-suk's love that enjoyable. I remember reading someones comments saying that Eun-Suk was only in love with Bokgu because he brought memories of his older brother for her. True, I think that just added to her falling in love with Bokgu. Because remember, she was already attracted to him when she got the Pperu doll and that was way before he started acting like his brother.
    At the end about the guilt part, it was just a poor attempt to make it seem like Bokgu and Eun-suk had a 'doomed love'. Sorry I have to say was not executed well enough. But the psychological therapy Eun-suk was recieving because she lost Bokgu -- was stupid to mention. If anything I think she should have undergone therapy because of Mingu. Anyways not being able to be together was just a way for us to say 'what a shame' and I think the directors and writers wanted us to just take pity on them. But having the two main characters die at the end really didn't solve anything. Why I say that is because even in the afterlife it becomes a love triangle too.
    The person I like very much is Kim Sa Rang -- I believe her name in the series was Da Jeong? the one Bokgu was going to marry.
    overall watch it if you like rain. but i wouldn't waste my money on it if i had known.
    "Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like hour glass sand. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom, but all you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around." - unknown

http://xox.rxfnetwork.com

xoxoxox

hahaha!!!! currently watching this series and I find it quite boring and complex..but I like the song and guess what....rain came to Malaysia last month!!! I didn't watch the concert but I heard that his performance was great... ..love to see his wearing the coat, look sooo hot!!

Default Rain

There are many close ups of Rain in this series.... He's really not good looking, but when he smiles, his face lights up. His body is lean and muscular..which is good. I think he makes a good pair with the actress. she's not a ravishing beauty but when she's all made up..she looks good. Anyway, I like her better in Sad movie.

The ending is so strange. I hate to think of the person who goes jogging around the lake and suddenly ..... found the dead bodies that would stop me from jogging for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by bella25
    There are many close ups of Rain in this series.... He's really not good looking, but when he smiles, his face lights up. His body is lean and muscular..which is good. I think he makes a good pair with the actress. she's not a ravishing beauty but when she's all made up..she looks good. Anyway, I like her better in Sad movie.

The ending is so strange. I hate to think of the person who goes jogging around the lake and suddenly ..... found the dead bodies that would stop me from jogging for a long time.
    that's the thing with rain, he has the charm and charisma that makes up his huge fan base.
    "Just when you think things can't get any worse, they do. I've learned that life is like hour glass sand. Sooner or later, everything hits rock bottom, but all you have to do is be patient and wait for something to turn everything back around." - unknown

http://xox.rxfnetwork.com

xoxoxox

Default He died??? He died???

I just finished this series last night and I'm still speechless...

The series was okay for me.
    Call me KIM

LIVE
    to
    EAT
    to
    LIVE

Danny Noriega (American Idol Season 7) fan FOREVER

I had this series a while back, but not until recently did I get to finish it. Over all, this series was sad, yet the storyline was very touching. I must praise Rain and the lead female for their performance, their crying scenes were incredible.

*possible spoiler

meh...just finished. After watching so many series...this one was sooo cliche. Same director as "Im Sorry I Love You" and sorry to say but had the same basic plot of revenge! Unfortunately it dragged like most series. Dragged in the middle and after the bro died. Movie would have been fine ending then..but no...it draggs on. The parts after the bro died was pretty useless...just wanted to choke them both. The tragic ending was also unbelievable. Why didn't he keep carrying her? Why didn't he bring a cell phone? And it's common knowlege to exchange body heat in that situation. But out of all the series I've seen Rain in, I think he did a great job in this one. Lead Actress was average looking. I thought her nipples...errr..I mean...dimples were cute.

I'd rate this series 5/10
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner