Thread: GJ how the hell?

Banned

Default GJ how the hell?

I've always thought that Dragon 18 palms were a highly yang based martial art, so how the hell can GJ practice it with 9 Yin?

Quote Originally Posted by Panadol
    I've always thought that Dragon 18 palms were a highly yang based martial art, so how the hell can GJ practice it with 9 Yin?
    That's easy. Despite its name, the 9 Yum Jen Ging's energy was neutral, not yin. In fact, powering the Hong Lung 18 Palms with the 9 Yum Jen Ging enabled Gwok Jing to give the palms a yin element that it previously didn't have, making the palms more energy-efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    That's easy. Despite its name, the 9 Yum Jen Ging's energy was neutral, not yin. In fact, powering the Hong Lung 18 Palms with the 9 Yum Jen Ging enabled Gwok Jing to give the palms a yin element that it previously didn't have, making the palms more energy-efficient.
    Are you sure 9yin is neutral? I thought 9 yang with neutral and 9yin was yin based.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz
    Are you sure 9yin is neutral? I thought 9 yang with neutral and 9yin was yin based.
    Unless the third editions have changed something, then no. 9 Yeung Jen Ging was pure yang energy, and 9 Yum Jen Ging was neutral energy.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

9yin is yin dominant in inner power but mainly pure(yin and yang) and neutral, but the moves and theories for battle are versatile and neutral, it was the theories he added to XL18Z. the inner power need not be yang dominant.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Xiang Long Shi Ba Zhang is derived from I Ching. Which I recall correctly stated extreme yang can only come from extreme yin.

sorry to side tracked a little...

correct me if I am wrong but... but did GJ used the theories in 9Yin to improve his XL18Z? something like mixing a certain degree of softness to a hard technqiue to improve his XL18Z and hence makes his version different from H7G's?

i wonder if GJ had learned 9Yang instead...

would that have increased the power of the Palms even more? One of the best Yang-based inner energy + one of the most power Yang techniques...

Quote Originally Posted by druid
    sorry to side tracked a little...

correct me if I am wrong but... but did GJ used the theories in 9Yin to improve his XL18Z? something like mixing a certain degree of softness to a hard technqiue to improve his XL18Z and hence makes his version different from H7G's?

i wonder if GJ had learned 9Yang instead...

would that have increased the power of the Palms even more? One of the best Yang-based inner energy + one of the most power Yang techniques...

Maybe put this into hifi context, a bright forward sounding amp to drive a warm , laid back sounding speaker.

Amp is internal energy , Speaker is technique.